Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by bigehrl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Left flipper on Deadpool Pro is not immediately dropping - delay from a half to a full second after flipper button released to drop flipper. EOS, coil, and plunger have all been checked and are OK.

#3 1 year ago

Coil stop was checked as well

#4 1 year ago

If you lift the playfield and move the flipper with your finger, can you replicate the issue?

#5 1 year ago

Usually when I see this the coil stop has come loose (a problem on Batman and Iron Maiden for me), flipper spring detached, plunger mushroomed (older games), etc. You might also check all the screws in the flipper base. Sometimes these come loose (especially with shaker motors installed). There are 8 around the base (two in each corner). A cracked bushing can also cause this. If you grab the flipper above the base and try to wobble it back and forth. Also if there is too much play (up and down lifting the flipper bay) that can cause it (I have had JJP come from the factory with too much play and had that problem). I agree, that try to replicate the problem manually with game off. You can also check if it is getting hung up on EOS, which sometimes bends. Once I take it apart, I generally replace the flipper sleeve as this is a cheap part. Finally the screw between the pawl and link arm can also wear out and cause the problem.

#6 1 year ago

Check the flipper button switch on the cabinet. I have seen the contacts burned, missing, or jagged causing the contacts to stick together when the button is pushed. If the contacts are badly burned, you may get by with heavy filing, or eventually replace the switch.

#7 1 year ago

As you can tell by the excellent quality of the replies to your post, flipper problems are common!

I suppose it could be electrical, with the computer holding the flipper up because of the flipper button switch... but that would really be an unusual problem.

Take the glass off your machine, start a game, when the flipper bat is not coming down, is the coil engaged?, or is the flipper bat just stuck upward? You'll be able to tell instantly if you just grab the flipper bat and feel what it's doing.

Let us know what you find. There are at least seven different mechanical problems that can cause this, and all have been mentioned above.

#8 1 year ago

update?

#9 1 year ago

#10 1 year ago

check the up/down play of the flipper bat and linkage. should be able to wiggle up down about 1/16-1/8"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-sticky-flipper?hl=jethrop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.