oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#481 5 years ago

Try not to make this long but I try to contribute and give back to the forum where I can. My wife and I were Honored to visit and meet with the design team at Stern today for a tour and view of the New Deadpool masterpiece. To start I did Not take Any photos out of respect for their business and the amazing team behind this project. I will try to provide a few details I observed to pass time but honestly not much to say regarding should you or should you not buy. Pinball is a personal experience! I will say having owned most every Stern and other title the art package on All models from head to legs was honestly breathtaking! I will go on a limb and say this is the best art Stern has done in my opinion. The playfield art pops in person and the imagery is pure comic book perfection. No clip art here just a well laid out vibrant color as you would expect in a comic book presentation. The cabinet art looked equally amazing on all models. I have placed my order with Flippen Larry (Great guy) for an LE but I must say from art to playfield ALL versions for this title are a win with only minimal exclusions across the 3. Would be proud to own Any of the versions. (Not how I felt on SW for comparison). The toys and screened plastics were crisp and very clear art. No pixels again.
Game notes: Yes the disco ball does spin and does create a very creative and innovative attraction for modes. Games are rolling to the boxes as we watched so I suspect lucky owners will be showing unboxing videos in not time for sure! Pro is now, LE then Premium as I understand but not a fact but as I viewed finished cabinets etc appears the plan.

The Stern Team. Love or hate the big dog on the block the Stern team was professional and welcoming. They all clearly LOVE what they do each day with each game. Seeing George himself on the line helping and supporting to make sure perfection was really cool to see. Yes he's a big boss now but he still knows how to roll up his sleeves and still has the passion in his belly. Some have asked, Yes that was Georges white wood. This is His design and creation. All the work from that person (happily forgotten!) was trashed and reborn into a better quality product. This was a costly decision but Stern and George wanted to start a New path without any past crap on it. Leave it at that... From Production to receiving games are running down the line like a well oiled machine. (I do production for a living, this was impressive to see). Gary, Mark, and George were gracious hosts and Very excited to get this amazing game into the hands of the world.

The game plays smooth and no issues or clunkiness that I could see. Might add I'm a crappy player so YMMV! Great lighting, sound was clear, and the animations were extremely well done. Can't say much on the LCD as I didn't really pay to close attention sorry. Mesmerized by the art and play I guess. Similar to the #SDTM guys I did not have enough time with the game to tell people what to buy but for us this was a Solid choice and a Great game we very much look forward to owning. I feel conformable saying it is the best game they have done for a long time Yes including IM sorry.... I personally loved seeing George back in the bull pin again doing what we know he awesome at. Building/designing amazing games. Thanks to everyone at Stern, I do hope this at least gives something to read while we wait for the trucks of amazing toys to hit the streets. lol

#495 5 years ago

Sorry if you disagreed which is fine just sharing what I observed. But respect your opinion as well.

Quoted from swinks:

can I ask yelobird when you played it, what one did you play the Pro or the Premium?
if the Pro how was the shot from the left flipper then to the upper left ramp via that right lane guide mid field?
and if on the Pro what orbits were available as the notes on the guide just say one controlled gate and 1 x one-way gate for the orbits?

Only the Pro's were out but others in motion. Shots all seemed very smooth and fluid which did surprise me as I questioned the whole left to right crossover up ramp concept. Really well laid out and designed in my view. I to Really hate clunky shot games some of which I have sold in weeks of ownership. Not this one, very smooth in my opinion.

#497 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Well,
BOOM!!!
That’s all I need to hear.
Hello my long-awaited Avengers replacement!

Very cool but a reminder, I don't like to tell anyone what to buy as pinball is So different to everyone from theme to playability. Just don't want anyone taking my tour as a solicitation to spend their money on my opinion. I'll leave that to the blog and pin reviewers! lol

#507 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

thanks for that, torn between Pro and Premium - both look great

Sorry no advice on that. Think it comes down to budget comfort levels. Rarely evaluate a pin on re-sellability or market speculation only bang for my buck. While I did order the LE (my choice) based on the options and etc either would be a great choice honestly. I do think (similar to SW) the premium loop to drop ramp is a very unique and value added feature but again just opinion. All looked great.

#608 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Nope. But you will know for sure on the 15th

I probably missed this in the multiple DP posts but is this something that will be recorded to view or a private event? Love that they announce, execute, then sell rapid fire. Eliminates indecision. DP cost me a MBr order but at this pace those may not be out before Stern has a DP Vault...

#647 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I agree 100%
The other day I was thinking to myself “Lots of cool shit out & on the horizon. I need to sell my old games & buy NIB because they just keep making em better & better” then I thought “You can’t sell those old games, they just don’t make em like they used to”
I realized the best option is to keep my old games and buy new ones.

Can I ask you to share that theory with my wife. She's currently Not buying it! lol

#662 5 years ago

Give your awesome Deadpool the "BOOM" with this custom 3D shooter plate. Simple installation and fits all versions Pro, Premium, and LE. Talking bubble themed with raised details and hand detailed paint for a real Boom of color! Show those villains there's a New shooter in town and his name is Deadpool!! BOOM!!!!!! Also available with combined shipping options for other mods via our Web Store WWW.TheModCouplePinball.com

The Mod Couple
TheModCouplePinball.com

IMG_0634 (resized).jpgIMG_0634 (resized).jpgIMG_0639 (resized).jpgIMG_0639 (resized).jpg
#666 5 years ago

Way cool! Pinball and video games coming full circle to play nice together this time. Looking great!

#731 5 years ago

Introducing the Deadpool Premium (and Pro) custom speaker Illumination kit! We wanted to make this kit Pop (Boom) to fit the theme correctly. True Deadpool red cast acrylic rings in full red LED Adjustable brightness glow. To blend the theme and comic book styling we opted to challenge ourselves with a new format for the logo image using a custom designed lithophane. A lithophane is basically a 3D sculpted image that pops out when backlit. To ensure it also looks good not lit, each was hand detailed with correct highlights for that Boom style look this game deserves. Each image is housed in a comic book 3D talking bubble of extremely smooth high quality finish. Both illuminate just enough though are also adjustable. Complete kit includes Everything needed including a set up precision cut foam inserts so no modification to stock is needed. Full color installation guide also included. (Photo shown at 50% brightness, batman kit to right shown at lower brightness) Give your Deadpool Premium/Pro the LE love. BOOM get some light! Check availability and grouped shipping for all products at our Website

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

The Mod Couple

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpeg4 (resized).jpegDP_FOam (resized).jpgDP_FOam (resized).jpgDeadpoolM0ckup1 (resized).pngDeadpoolM0ckup1 (resized).pngDeadpoolMockup2 (resized).pngDeadpoolMockup2 (resized).png
#883 5 years ago

Really a great stream and the Correct way to unveil a game for production release. Spot on. Granted Danger Deadpool could have worn a cup to show us less of his deadpole. lol

#931 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So, help me out here.... when I give a heartfelt opinion, unless I praise something, it gets negged. Does that sum it up? I wanna be clear on how the rules work.

Not sure how you define "Heartfelt"? You judged a team of artists, designers, engineers, that put in thousands of hours a work on a game Noted as not completely done as "Shitty" based on a YouTube video. That seems like an honest assessment and correct evaluation? Saying it could be better, fine, saying its Shitty?

#957 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So I got a friend who just won’t shut the F up about how Deadpool is bi/poly/Pansexual whatever and what a historic boom this is
Anybody spot anything particularly bi/poly/Pan in the stream last night?

Nope but I was curious about the blond Asian guy/gal all in black with a black mask? Was that a look or a germs culture thing? NO offense meant just curious if this is how the cool kids dress now? Kind of a Michael Jackson vibe?

#1062 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh Pinside. Stern does a comic book pin with really nice hand drawn art instead of photoshopped movie crap and people cry, "omg the movies are more popular!" "But I never read the comic books!"
They get a writer from the Deadpool comics, and the professional voice actor of Deadpool from all kind of properties and it's "wah, there's no cursing and it's not Ryan Reynolds!"
They shoot a video with gameplay and include a whole tutorial about how to play the game and it's "waaaah, you're spoiling the rules!"
Just don't buy it, and stop complaining constantly about everything not being the perfect way you want it. Or buy it and realize that you voted with your wallet already and Stern doesn't care what you type on a forum after that.

Triple BOOM that you get it! Never understand the “this is why I am not buying the game” but I’m going to post this thread 10 times per day. Lol

1 month later
#1367 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I've heard them say a couple of times to set it at 7.0 degrees. I don't trust the bubble, use a digital level or phone app.

Same here. 7 degrees and plays perfect and lightning fast fun. Not even sure why they still include that bubble for anything?

4 months later
#1380 5 years ago

If anyone is interested in getting the Ultimate Deadpool topper I have one from Tilttoppers that he custom made and I don't think sells due to license issues. Anyway, I have this still New in an unopened box as I sold the game as it took close to 4 months to make.... I will sell this for what I paid for it if anyone is interested shoot me a PM. $270 plus $25 shipping. Looks absolutely brilliant. Only have 1.

Link to pictures and video in Post #40
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-the-lost-designs-by-tilttopper-#post-4602385

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=ZFKQDELv73M

021b599a3572d1f2fe58811ea6fde96917ebfe28 (resized).jpeg021b599a3572d1f2fe58811ea6fde96917ebfe28 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 25.95
$ 64.99
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-so-many-booms?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.