Topic Stats

• 1,380 posts
  • 315 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 155 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

021b599a3572d1f2fe58811ea6fde96917ebfe28 (resized).jpeg
20190128_005536 (resized).jpg
03718DA7-0126-49A5-BC84-B171B7B5CD4C (resized).jpeg
1B98FC7C-ECD9-4E1F-884F-716DD39F2AE3 (resized).jpeg
101B95AA-5FE0-47D3-8B5A-222640A3156E (resized).jpeg
6DA2202F-05C0-4CB5-8B6F-783EDA3164AB.jpeg
http _www.face2image.de_Additive_Farbmischung_ferti (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1536455078218 (resized).jpg
oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider speederice.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 1 year ago

It looks and sounds like Marvel gave Stern's design team open license to go nuts and have fun. SO glad this is not based on the movies now. Wonder if Tommy Soxton had some pull to include all the "BOOM's" as a nod to the NYC players. Haha.

#109 1 year ago

George mentions in the interview that there will be more to the display than the 80's/90's 2D animations: “The other cool thing is when he breaks the fourth wall to talk to the player, to taunt and insult them, it's going to be a high-res Deadpool. Imagine that the action on screen, If he's in a horrendous fight against a bunch of ninjas, everything will freeze frame. Deadpool will come out on screen and say something to the player, in Deadpool fashion.”

1 week later
#925 1 year ago

The game just looks like pure fun. Going the comics route and being able to have creative freedom was the best thing they could have done. My only suggestion is for more fanfare animations when completing a battle/quest. As it stands, the storyline is a little confusing. The T-Rex and Meg quests just kind of end which is a shame after their great intro sequences. The dialogue mentions getting DNA from them but I am not sure if they ever explained why. Mr. Sinister is a genetics-obsessed villain - does it have something to do with the Mr. Sinister final wizard mode? Can't wait to shoot it myself!

#965 1 year ago

Stern releases Guardians of the Galaxy, a movie-based pin that was hampered by licensor issues, Screen Actors Guild limitations, voice actor fill-ins, repetitive movie clips on the LCD, etc.
Pinside: "We want more original themes. If you can't get the license, don't bother doing the license."

Stern releases Deadpool, a licensed pin but with the creative freedom to do whatever they wanted - essentially an "original" theme.
Pinside: "We wanted a movie-based pin. Why didn't you do the movie?!?"

1 week later
#1177 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

The sword lock shot is a mess. I put a bunch of plays on the game both at lunch and after work yesterday, and that shot is Black Widow all over again. Hit it too clean and it misses the transition for going too fast (especially if shot on the fly). Hit it too sloppy and it doesn't make it. You have to hit it from the cradle with just a tiny amount of slop to have your best chance to get the shot through. Really disappointing how often a perfect shot to the sword rejects.
In fact, that game rejects shots all over the place. The spinner rejects, the drop targets have Scoleri Disease and will often just not drop while your ball ricochets off, the left orbit is messy, and the inner loop rejects often. The ball bouncing into the shooter lane so often is a bummer. There's a lot of fun stuff in the game, but it's full of geometry failings, typical of a Gomez design. I'm hoping that modders can come up with some tweaks to fix some of these shot entrances and exits. The game needs it.
The video, sound, and actual rules are lots of fun though. There's lots to like there, but it's such a buzzkill to have such a sloppy shooting experience.

Have you had a chance to try another one yet? I know you mentioned these issues in another Deadpool thread and mentioned that the one near you might not be dialed in properly. I am not having these problems with mine and everything shoots pretty smoothly. A few others replied to your posts in the other thread and said the same - so it might be that the one on your location is not set up correctly. The only clunkiness we've experienced is the right orbit shot will rattle and drop into the shooter lane sometimes.

#1186 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Anyone else notice that if you do Super Skill Shot, that if the ball falls back into the shooter lane (which it does WAY TOO MUCH), Super Skill is relit and you can get it again?
I made 20M one game that way.

I brought this up over on Tilt Forums and Tim Sexton said that if the ball falls in the shooter lane during single ball play, when ball saver isn’t active, you should always get a chance at a super skill shot. I think it is a risk/reward type thing.

#1206 1 year ago

There is a setting in the adjustments for "Photo Shoot: Yes or No" - anyone have any ideas on what it does?

#1209 1 year ago
Quoted from Jerol:

I’m not sure, for example, how “Battle” is re-lit at the scoop once you’ve completed a mode. It seemed to be a random occurrence.

Spell D-E-A-D by hitting the targets on the left to light the Battles. If you want Quests, hit the right orbit a few times (depends on settings, default is 2) which scatters Chimichanga shots around the playfield and lights the arrow insers orange. Then you need to collect a certain number (default is 4) to light quests at the scoop.

#1215 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

MATURE CONTENT - (default: YES)
Interesting

I don't think this is going to mean what people think it means. There were a few instances where the game would say "ass" - I am thinking they wanted to give operators the ability to turn that off for certain locations.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider speederice.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside