Topic Stats

• 1,380 posts
  • 315 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 155 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

021b599a3572d1f2fe58811ea6fde96917ebfe28 (resized).jpeg
20190128_005536 (resized).jpg
03718DA7-0126-49A5-BC84-B171B7B5CD4C (resized).jpeg
1B98FC7C-ECD9-4E1F-884F-716DD39F2AE3 (resized).jpeg
101B95AA-5FE0-47D3-8B5A-222640A3156E (resized).jpeg
6DA2202F-05C0-4CB5-8B6F-783EDA3164AB.jpeg
http _www.face2image.de_Additive_Farbmischung_ferti (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1536455078218 (resized).jpg
oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 1 year ago

Looks amazing!

Didn't see anything about RGB inserts or RGB GI in the matrix.

That's odd. Surely something on some of the models.

#107 1 year ago

Posted elsewhere, but I really hope Deadpool makes fun of Dialed In when he breaks the 4th wall.

Maybe put a sword into the Dialed In mom-jeans guy!

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

Unless this plays very, very well, it would not be smart to draw comparisons to Dialed In, even in jest.

It couldn't be worse.

#126 1 year ago

I hope the GI goes dark for the disco ball effect.

Could be like the red starfield projector on Star Trek, but better.

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

8 bit animations take more time, and are harder, than plenty of high rez tricks, so let's please not let this turn into a thing. If you don't like the style that's fine, but it isn't about 'cheaping out', ever.

Agreed.

Gomez also said that Deadpool will become High Def when he breaks the 4th wall and talks to the player.

#147 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Well I've been in gaming for a long time and I can assure you this style is much cheaper to implement. The idea that it takes more time or costs more is laughable. It has a serious cost savings, I have no idea if Stern made the decision based on this but it most certainly is a factor.

To get it right takes time....doing it cheap is doing it shitty.

The game will have a mix of retro and high def graphics. It wasn't to be cheap.

#152 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Hold on. Let's be clear here. Those graphics are more 16-bit based (think Sega Genesis) than 8-bit (think NES). They look outstanding for what they are. Look at the 16-bit detail on Juggernaut. That's more Moratl Kombat, less Excitebike. Just being clear.
It obviously was a design choice to go that route, since the feature matrix says "video graphics celebrate the style of classic fighting games". You're collecting team-ups & fighting enemies on the LCD like a 90s fighting game. HD Deadpool breaks through the screen to 4th wall you. Sounds like a well executed LCD design for this theme, and propbably the best Stern LCD implementation to date.
Mountains out of molehills...

+1000

#189 1 year ago

There was some Pinsider....named Waaky I think....who was vehemently denying that Deadpool was being made because he "asked Stern" and they said "No".

#192 1 year ago

I'm happy with the LCD. Going from a Premium game with a DMD to a Pro with a LCD felt like an upgrade to me.

Kids like it better too.

#204 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

ok how do you make the upper ramp, not seeing a flipper.

From the left bottom flipper.

#220 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

People might have said the same thing when DMDs came out?

Exactly.

#221 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Not really. DMD opened the gates to "modes", so yes it sucked ressources, but it did something with gameplay.

There were modes before the DMD.

#226 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Yes. My Operation Thunder is the best game of all time because of that, but still...

There's always grumpy old timers in Pinball. Doesn't matter what decade you're talking about.

Some hated SS games when they came out. Others thought the DMD was unnecessary. Now we get LCD blowback from some players.

Same shit, different day. Meanwhile, pinball evolves.

#252 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Ben's point is that it's a massive shift in the time you have to spend creating content. For something the player hardly looks at when they're playing, it's doing a good job of jacking up prices because of the man hours needed to make it look good.
The shift from alphanumeric to dmd wasn't as drastic. Early on they were mostly numbers/text with some crude animation slapped in now and then. The shift from DMD to LCD is a much larger effort on the content creation end to not have it look terrible.
JJP has done a good job (and has a great size LCD) of making the display gorgeous to work as an attractant to people who aren't actively playing. So at least they're getting that out of it.

I understand his point.

I don't see it as an issue.

Nothing more to say.

#258 1 year ago

Saw on Facebook that Gomez said that the GI lights will go down when the disco ball illumination mode is on.

#375 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

The game looks aight
Not sure what’s worse. The flat plastic figurines on the Pro or what equates to GI Joes ziptied to the Premium? That’s one of my gripes about LOTR. Shit you not one day I’m removing all those zip tied turds off my LOTR.
Anyway the layout looks different which is good. Bobbleheads are terrible toys to put on an expensive game but Gomez has become more of a finance guy than a designer so it’s semi expected.
If the disco ball does not spin then $4 on Amazon will make Promiums all day long.
Wait... are the only mechanical changes between the games two rows of drop targets?

No, there is also a mechanical ramp that can lift a left orbit shot onto the sword to feed the right flipper.

Along with that, the two gates are both bi-directional, unlike the Pro where only one is.

#381 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lets not bust out the kneepads for this trailer.
Did they really get the hype right? Seems to have already died off in one day, photo of John T playfield was leaked forever ago and the actual game seems largely unchanged from that (understandably they want to distance themselves from that situation), and what makes this good timing?
I am somewhat puzzled why this game dropped now as I was under the impression both Maiden and GOTG are selling well??? This will just steal a few sales from those games IMHO.
Stern has done a bunch of things well in this game but I dont think the hype is one of them (when lots of LEs are left after d1 then that is a miss in my book for their likely expectations ala Maiden).
They have great artists now doing cool looking games
They have new coders in the mix bringing new ideas.
Hopefully this game comes out in good shape codewise and we start to see an actual trend of games that are playable on release (they are still inconsistent on this)
Service rails appear to be back as standard in pro which is great! Hopefully proper cabinet hardware returns also and hopefully the pf issues are finally licked.
They are definitely doing better than they were just a year ago and an actual release video should be the minimum expectation and let be honest BM66 was the lowest bar possible for release hype.

The leaked photo was Gomez's whitewood.

#437 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

From TWIP: "In looking at the metadata of the image, we know the leaked image was taken on November 15th, 2017. The former designer was terminated on August 25th, 2017." George also confirmed on C2C that the leaked whitewood was his work. Certainly seemed to have a lot of his design hallmarks.

Yup. The sword ramp is all Gomez. This was never JT’s whitewood. Hell, JT might not even have gotten to the whitewood stage.

#440 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ummm...
phrasing

Um, you left off the word "stage" from my post.

#447 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I bet the code is subpar like the last couple releases.

Iron Maiden was subpar at launch?

#590 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Fingers crossed they "hire out" writing for Elvira 3 as well.

A lot of it is going to be based on her 2005 DVD series "Movie Macabre".

#594 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'd think Elvira is pretty easy to write for......
**giggle**
"boob joke"
**suggestive moan on target hits**
"callout with innuendo"
**giggle**
repeat.

You forgot double entendres

#686 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If i were able to afford the LE, I'd listen to the vinyl.

For sure!

#689 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Nothing wrong with that! I have several records and don't currently have a record player either, but I'm going to remedy that soon.

The irony is that Vinyl, which was nearly wiped out by CDs, will outlive them.

CD and digital downloads have been collapsing.

10-15 years from now, all music will be streaming or vinyl for those that want physical media.

#706 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Half of DC is nothing but Marvel rip offs. Both have numerous blatant rip off characters. It's not Marvels fault that they took a DC character and made them better.

About 3/4's of Marvel's characters are rip-offs from DC.

DC has been around a lot longer than Marvel. They have more to rip off.

#723 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You could pick any character from either and make a case the other one ripped them off based on a character made later on. They both do it constantly. Marvel has just been more successful at it for the most part.

Seeing as DC's core characters are decades older than Marvel's existence, that would be a neat trick.

#724 1 year ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Aquaman pin next?
Seriously, Wonder Woman is DCs best hope at a new pin I think.

Superman 1978 is next for DC pins.

#726 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Superman sucks!! One of the worst heroes ever created.

There has been tons of stealing on both sides. Acting like that isn't true is silly. There are tons of examples for DC stealing from Marvel and for Marvel stealing from DC.

Someone sucks, and it isn't Superman.

Facts are facts. DC simply has been around decades longer, and their core group of heroes remains the same, so they weren't ripped off from Marvel.

Thanos is a rip-off of Darkseid, and his creators even admit it.

I know you weren't anticipating someone with historical knowledge and sharp wit to take you on with this, but.....get used to disappointment.

#728 1 year ago

Besides, DC has the REAL Captain Marvel!

They just had to buy him up!

#730 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Marvels stand out more because in each case they pretty much made it better. Most of DC's were straight up flops that went away. I like things about both worlds and I enjoy reading and watching both. If you want to believe that DC doesn't steal from Marvel keep on living in your bubble. No need to try to make any of this nonsense personal...……..
Superman does indeed suck, the whole idea of a hero that cannot be defeated kind of ruins the plot from the very beginning. Lots of bad comics and decades of bad movies to back that up. I try to tolerate him with anything Justice League related only so I can enjoy some of the other characters.

**ROLLS EYES**

If I want to read comic books about heroes complaining about not being able to pay the rent, or how girls don't like them, I read Marvel.

If I want to read stories about gods battling, I read DC.

#768 1 year ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Marvel rules. DC drools. Been true since the late 70s. If you think different, you are wrong.
Two words: X. Men.

DC rules. Marvel is a tool.

Been that way since before the 70's.

Enjoy being wrong?

#830 1 year ago

Looks very, very good. The animations are very reminsceirnt of the X-Men arcade game of the early 90's. Seems very fast for a Gomez game, without the clunkiness of some of his recent titles. I enjoyed the humor as well.

Just looks amazing.

However, leave it to a few Pinsiders to come in here and piss their bile all over this thread.

#839 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No worries, your rimjobs even every thing out.

You seem like an expert on that subject.

Disturbing.

#843 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don;t know how anyone thinks Aersomith is a slam dunk.

Expert on Rimjobs...umm...yeah.

That's the word on the street.

#844 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Are you saying that cuz he gives good rimjobs?

Then I wouldn't be using words like "seem" would I?

#852 1 year ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Ive been to Michigan a number of times and I’ve seen several women that appeared to be barnyard animals.

BOOM!

#853 1 year ago

All of my Michigan friends always complain about the women up there.

The like Indy gals.

#865 1 year ago

I'd take Deadpool over Maiden everyday and twice on Sunday.

#869 1 year ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I think I’d take shitty music over annoying call outs.
I realize that this game is centered around the comics and not the movies. If this is an accurate representation of the comics then all my personal opinion is they suck.
I want the crude Deadpool from the movies. Lil Deadpool I felt was just dumb

I'd take a layout that isn't just a bunch of loops.

#908 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

The thing that doesn’t worry me too much about the callouts is Nolan North has done a lot of Deadpool voice work - the Deadpool Video Game has ALOT of R Rated voicework, I imagine if someone like cleland can get hold of these audio clips and work his magic the pin could easily be turned R Rated.

Stern many times has an R rated setting. They may simply have not had it on for the stream.

#927 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The pro looks like the way to go but it will all come down to how cool the disco mode is. If it is like Star Trek Klingon laser multi-ball, it will be a must for premium/LE. Great job Stern!

I think it has the potential to be superior to the Star Trek laser mode.

Gomez has confirmed the GI will go down for this. When I had a Star Trek Premium, I had to buy a mod board to accomplish this same thing, when it could have been done in code the whole time.

Fingers crossed.

#1005 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

2. Early code lightshows are not all there, they are to come in abundance especially on the Prem/LE.

Only the disco ball mode with darkened GI. No extra RGB lights on Premium/LE over the Pro. Confined by Gomez.

Similar to GB in that regard.

#1038 1 year ago

It was well known months before the release that this was going to be comic book based. Not sure why any Pinsider would be surprised by this.

#1043 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The movies were universally praised by the comic book crowd. All you heard was how it was one of the best adaptations so far, finally a movie that truly matched the comic source. Why would anyone expect a Baby Disney saturday morning cartoon Deadpool pin? We are surprised that Stern missed on what made the movies a beloved phenomenon. I have not read them but my understanding is the comics are not Archie’s and look at the adaptation Archie got.

You arguing points I didn't make.

#1044 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

You new here?

Not new, but always perplexed by the confusion and bile of this place from time to time.

#1083 1 year ago

My local arcade is getting this before the weekend.

I was surprised, I thought Europe got the first batch.

#1097 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

I am now dumber for reading this comment Aurich. You get on and say the same crap over and over. People on pinside like to complain, make comments, judgements and give kudos where they say fit... its a bloody forum buddy. I much prefer positive and some negative discourse around games than somebody getting on and stating the obvious that pinsiders are whingers, and the old chestnut if you don't like it don't buy it. Having a strong cohort of whingers on each thread is part of the hobby.
I didn't like the stream... so what? some people prefer the movie over the comics... and? If their comments are personal opinions not personal attacks then what is the problem? moreover what is your problem. Nothing new here for pinside on this thread.
How about I state the obvious to you now... if you don't like comments on here don't read em... Your attitude is insulting and you're assuming your peers on here are dumb and require being told the obvious... again and again on a variety of threads with no real positive or negative input into the discussions.

He made good points. Don't get your panties in such a bunch.

#1155 1 year ago

Got to play it tonight. Really fun game! The katana shot is not easy, but not too difficult either. The 'lil Deadpool mech worked very well.

There obviously is some polish needed in the display media, but the game was very solid.

#1170 1 year ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Looks like Stern have pulled the flyer off (404 error). Managed to get he PDF before they did (so not sure if it will change from this).
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's common on Stern's site. Hit refresh a bunch of times and it comes back up.

1 week later
#1276 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Why use WD40 at all when there are so many better options? I guess if you really are using it solely as a rust remover and are then able to wipe all of it off that's OK. But then you're getting no lasting lubricant/polish effect. Which is fitting, since it's not designed to be a lubricant or a polish and is poorly suited for those purposes because it attracts both moisture and dirt.

It's amazing how many people think WD40 is a lubricant.

#1291 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Maybe it looks different in person but from the video I felt the disco ball was very underwhelming. Maybe the rest of the lights need to be dimmed more but it seems like the disco light was very faint in comparison to the Star Trek Starfield.
Also it seems like a lot of shots that went around the left loop would go halfway up the drop ramp and then roll back down and then fall in the shooter lane.
Other than that The game looks like a blast the play. Can’t wait to try one.

The Star Trek starfield only looked good if you installed the blackout mod.

#1311 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Even without the blackout mod it is still much more visible than the Deadpool mirrorball based off of the video shown. As TMwilson said though and he has a good point, it may have looked more faint due to the amount of lighting they used to make the video.

Not really. It covered more area, but the intensity of the red light didn't do it any favors. Deadpool has reflective mirror light, much brighter, and can escape the game and hit the walls in a dark room.

#1327 1 year ago

GOTG Premium is also all RGB.

#1332 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Valyrian,
Adding to Jar's comments: By using RGB and varying each color's intensity, you can create other colors. Don't know if Stern does this or not. Your TV works on the same concept - there's three closely space (and very small) RGB colors that create other color variations the same way.

Stern has used different quality RGB lights on the same title. For instance, the Pro Star Trek shot inserts could only form a few colors, while all of the inserts on the Premium could make millions.

#1336 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Not really. - Sam System was not made for LED, so when Star Trek Pro uses the multicolour lights the LED is propably just getting adressed as an asset of multiple lights. Premium/ LE has a completely different light managemant & mainboard. When you get Klingon Multiball in the Pro you can hear the relais working to activate the flashers. In the Premium/ LE you hear nothing.

Pro has different RGB lights. They are incapable of producing orange, as an example.

This was well documented in an old thread about Star Trek, one in which Aurich was beta testing the 1.6 code, and having discussions with Dwight Sullivan.

#1346 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You got it wrong.
The LED itself can do orange but the boards can't produce the signal for it do do so.
Every R-G-B calbe only goes full/ the same power, so you can only have red, green, blue, yellow, magenta, cyan and white.
If you want to do orange you have to be able adjust the voltage on the different RGB channels.
Pro can not do this.
But if the LED can produce red and green (wich is yellow) it can also produce orange.
You just have to 'dim' the green. But Pro Model can't shine R, G and B at different luminences, wich is not fault of the led but of the board unable to adjust the voltages.
[quoted image]
Edit: Oh and, the single mounted RGB-LED in the Premium/LE have the same part number then the Pro. Case closed.

Semantics. The end result was that the lights couldn't produce the plethora of colors that the Pro could. That was my point.

#1348 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Sounds more like schematics than semantics.

#1349 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

lol that was another era, before my name became mud at Stern

Considering all the stress working for Heighway gave you, was it worth it?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside