oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looks cool no doubt but I'm not dropping $6k-$9k on a game where the main toy is a damn bobble head, ridiculous.

Sure, spend your money on a girl with a wrench and a kiddy figure with lightning bolts then.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from pfinny:

Just looking at the photos, too much red for me almost gives me a headache looking at it. Can't imagine what it will look like with LED's on and ball moving I don't even think I will be able to play it.

Lol, now games are so red that they cannot be played.

#303 5 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

The artwork looks amazing and the layout seems fun. If they get that upper flipper shot to feel satisfying, this looks like it'll be great.

#309 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I'm a little curious what people are going to do with the LP's (or cassettes)?

Play them on our record players.....

#316 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

What's a record player?

Something I listen to in my skinny jeans while combing my beard and chatting with friends about the top ipa beer releases.

#426 5 years ago

My initial thoughts are that the art is busy but looks outstanding. ZY is doing some great things at stern. Layout is fanish but definitely has some new elements or at least some stuff that hasn't been done is a long time. I really like all of the drop targets and the unique ramp feed. I really like that it is comic book based and that stern just completely did their own thing with it. The only negative is there are no real interactive toys on this game. Some people will hate that but I'm not a 90's B/W person and am more worried about the shots and code then toys. We sort of saw the same thing with IMDN which feels more like a modern version of a classic 1980's game and I like that Deadpool is sort of headed that same direction with all of the drop targets. Looks like a blast to play to me.

#443 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Oh, jeez. Please no moving multipliers with the action button. That stuff sucks.

I hope they implement 3 lock bar buttons that randomly change which one is lit that you can use to change a multiplier that can max out at 500x just to piss everyone off that still whines about the SW multiplayer.

#450 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

are they really?
From what I see, Stern has less market share and more costs than ever in total. They appear to be strong but not muscling anything around.
In the past few years Spooky has produced over 1000 games and has at least another 700 on order (450+ACNC, 250+TNA and counting). That alone is 6mil in sales. and other couple mil in the wings.
JJP has a couple thousand games for probably 10+ mil
CGC a couple thousand for probably 6+mil
That is over 20mil in sales that have come out from Stern pockets compared to when they were the only one in the game.
It appears to me that all the major players are doing just fine. I mean... prices keep going up so something is working out for them and no real hints of things turning. If Stern starts dropping prices, then I would say that something is happening and they are either needing to increase numbers or trying to muscle things.
Right now, they all seem to be good.

There is literally another thread that you are active in were Stern just muscled Spooky around.

Stern has continued to see growth each year so those sales are part of pinball growing. You act like they have lost 20 million in sales. The pinball market has grown a ton and stern is growing with it. I doubt they could have made that many extra games to fill the demand anyway. JJP and CGC have struggled consistently in being able to deliver a new product. Every upcoming release is going to be different with JJP but it's just the same old debacle. CGC is definitely improving but still nothing near sterns level. Spooky is operating at a tiny scale and while they might steal a few sales they can't make enough games to compete with stern. Dutch is dead, Heighway is dead, Thunderbirds might as well be dead, and you have American Pinball making a few games but not getting rave reviews either and they certainly are not selling like hotcakes.

Stern utterly dominates the pinball maket, it's not even close.

#459 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that was less muscling and more just 1 dude being a dick for the sake of being a dick.
I honestly think Stern is likely too big to be sustainable at this level. The cycle time to build more games is not because each one is selling so many. It is because their model is to keep the machine running and they have a new factory to pay down, tons of staff and lots of new hires. Even hits like Maiden dont appear to be selling like hits from just a few years ago. More games per year in order to maintain the same total sales numbers. If Maiden sales were still strong then it would have prevented DP announcement.
All the while other competitors are producing games in numbers. They may be much slower but those numbers are impacting Sterns churn of new games.

That makes no sense. Why sit on a game and delay all of your development money and time. Is it better to have 1 awesome option of a game for people to buy or is it better to have 2-6 options. If someone is looking to buy a pinball machine they are going to buy a pinball machine. The more options of great games stern gives a buyer the more likely they are to hit on a theme the person wants and it greatly increases their chance of selling a game.

The market is substantially larger. Stern is selling more games then ever so other manufacturers are not really having the affect on stern that you think they are. The only thing that they have really done is show stern that they can charge a lot more and make even higher profits. So much so that they have a new factory, more employees, new coders, new designers, etc. Everything you are claiming is in direct opposition of what we are seeing at stern which is a massive growth period.

#562 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Show games were way less for everyone on Maiden. Unfortunately I dont think Stern is making the same show push right now so no show games to be had.
The majority of the first Maidens to go out the door were a rocking price for everyone. All the games at MGC and Allentown were the same price and that was over 50 games alone.
Aside from that I called around for a 2nd maiden and delivered price was 5300 to 5500, now DP price is 5500 to 5700. Is everyone else really seeing a $200 increase from Maiden to DP?

How in the world have you been in pinball so long, owned so many games, have games on route, but you do not have a go to distributor? Everyone I know that has bought very many games has a distributor that they use and trust to get them a solid price on every purchase. It's as simple as shooting them a text at that point. If prices go up they tell you that stern raised prices and that it's across the board.

#565 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The price increases for every game have made it difficult to trust anyone.
It is smart business to check everyone once in a while to make sure what you are being told is holding true for others also.
Same goes for all your insurance. Dont trust your guy just because you have been with them forever. It pays to check around rather than just assume they are treating you fair.

This is not buying insurance. It's adults buying toys that none of us need. I also don't have to check around. Prices are hinted at or flat out posted online constantly so you pretty much always know if you are getting the right price or not. Your distro knows this also and if they value you as a customer they are not going to risk losing your business to screw you out of $100 on one sale. I have friends that use different people and we all know what we are paying and our distros know that we are not stupid.

On the contrary if you are someone that is not loyal and is always shopping round and seldom buying games from the same distro you seem more likely to get the standard (not a good customer) quote.

#568 5 years ago

Had a moment to go back and look at the game some more last night. It's interesting that they used the same ramp twice but it is used in such a different way that it doesn't matter. That ramp on BM66 also shoots great so that is a good sign that they will be fast ramps. I initially thought the bobble head was pretty cheesy but that it was OK since the rest of the game looks really good. The more I look at it the more I like the bobble head though. Yes it's cheap and silly but for some reason it makes me smile. It just brings the light hearted silliness of Deadpool to the game. I think hitting the drops them making Deadpool jiggle is going to be pretty darn fun.

It's also great to see another really good looking pro. I'm a sucker for the 2 way gates but you really are not giving up much on the pro on this one.

Quoted from Whysnow:

ok, so I guess I should have phrased the question better... Is everyone experiencing a $200 price increase on DP compared to what they were getting for Maiden?
I buy enough games that you cant always use 1 person because they dont have stock when it is needed.
Loyalty is important but so is the ability to get the game when you or a friend needs it. I also have helped many route customers to buy their first game for home, so I will call around for them to put them in contact with a distributor. Always happy to help people when getting a first game.

Depending on when you bought your IMDN it looks like there is about $100-$200 difference in most prices that I have seen.

#583 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

How do you feel about losing the additional drop targets on the pro?

I'll have to play it to see. I like games with lots of drop targets so I think not having them might be a decent draw back. The pro is definitely going to play a lot faster without them. For some reason I like Tron pro without the drops better then the LE. On the other hand I think ACDC without them is missing something and is almost too screaming fast at times. So it really just depends on the game and how they are implemented.

#652 5 years ago

It's pretty crazy how quickly stern can pump out a new game and how easily they can switch from game to game with very little down time. Even more amazing when you look at how every other company struggles to get a new title rolling.

#656 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Here's the thing.. you don't know how long they've been working with the game on the factory floor or in pre-production. Don't confuse 'when they reveal' with 'when they start the factory...'

No one is confusing the reveal with production. They do tours all the time and you cant hide 1000 pros very easily. Compared to the competition they are a well oiled behemoth.

#694 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

How did Marvel get away with the Deadpool character to begin with. He was a ripoff of DC's Deathstroke and to add insult to injury, Deathstroke's name is Slade Wilson and Deadpool's is Wade Wilson. Why didn't DC do anything? It's kind of funny how blatant the ripoff is.

Half of DC is nothing but Marvel rip offs. Both have numerous blatant rip off characters. It's not Marvels fault that they took a DC character and made them better.

#698 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I don't know if that's fair. DC has just as many quality characters as Marvel, it's just the Marvel movies are huge right now so people forget.

I've been a big DC guy my whole life. It is what it is.

#707 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

About 3/4's of Marvel's characters are rip-offs from DC.
DC has been around a lot longer than Marvel. They have more to rip off.

You could pick any character from either and make a case the other one ripped them off based on a character made later on. They both do it constantly. Marvel has just been more successful at it for the most part.

#713 5 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I'm so confused

You add them up an 125% of them are all copies of each other. I mathed.

#725 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Superman 1978 is next for DC pins.

Superman sucks!! One of the worst heroes ever created.

Quoted from Sinestro:

Seeing as DC's core characters are decades older than Marvel's existence, that would be a neat trick.

There has been tons of stealing on both sides. Acting like that isn't true is silly. There are tons of examples for DC stealing from Marvel and for Marvel stealing from DC.

#729 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Someone sucks, and it isn't Superman.
Facts are facts. DC simply has been around decades longer, and their core group of heroes remains the same, so they weren't ripped off from Marvel.
Thanos is a rip-off of Darkseid, and his creators even admit it.
I know you weren't anticipating someone with historical knowledge and sharp wit to take you on with this, but.....get used to disappointment.

Marvels stand out more because in each case they pretty much made it better. Most of DC's were straight up flops that went away. I like things about both worlds and I enjoy reading and watching both. If you want to believe that DC doesn't steal from Marvel keep on living in your bubble. No need to try to make any of this nonsense personal...……..

Superman does indeed suck, the whole idea of a hero that cannot be defeated kind of ruins the plot from the very beginning. Lots of bad comics and decades of bad movies to back that up. I try to tolerate him with anything Justice League related only so I can enjoy some of the other characters.

#732 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

**ROLLS EYES**
If I want to read comic books about heroes complaining about not being able to pay the rent, or how girls don't like them, I read Marvel.
If I want to read stories about gods battling, I read DC.

In a lot of ways that does sum up many of the key differences in Marvel and DC even though there is a ton of overlap. One is substantially more relatable and that is largely what has built it's current success. I prefer to enjoy both rather then picking a side though.

#747 5 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Disagree completely - do you expect Batman to possibly die at the end of every comic / movie? You make it sound like Superman has no weaknesses. But again, don't know how you can "enjoy" the other major characters knowing that they aren't going to be defeated, either.

Calm down super squirrel, they have a million different heroes so we all have something that appeals to us. I do enjoy a good hero dies comic. It happens pretty frequently though so it's not nearly as rare as you make it sound.

Looking forward to seeing this game shoot tomorrow so we have something to actually talk about.

#775 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Hate to derail, but holy shit I disagree with that statement on so many levels. I feel terrible that you feel this way. Tell you what... go read the entire award-winning 12 issue run of All-Star Superman. The greatest Superman story ever written (with incredible artwork to match) that celebrates every era of his entire legacy. Perhaps you’ll change your mind.
Who knows. Perhaps Stern learns a lesson from the creative freedom they got from the Deadpool comic license & takes the same approach with Superman. Yombie Yeti art... incorporating Lex Luthor, Brainiac, Bizarro, Metallo, Mr Myxoplyk, Toyman, all the colors of Kryptonite, City of Kandor, Lois Lane, changing into Superman. Sky is the limit. Sounds way better than a 1978 Christopher Reeve movie rehash.
BOOM ON!

Sorry man, but I have read them. Very well written. Couldn't overcome my dislike of superman though.

#777 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So if the stream starts tomorrow at 4:30, does the playfield flow complaints start at 4:32 and I’m selling my spot at 4:35?

Complaints about the stream start at 4:25, complaints about the playfield start at 4:30:01, I'm surprised with peoples current attention span that someone is not already angry and trying to sell their LE spot. If most people determine the game looks good then the 12K LE resales will start. This in turn starts the "your a flipping SOB" mob. Then people get their games and the circle of life start fresh.

#1063 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:Triple BOOM that you get it! Never understand the “this is why I am not buying the game” but I’m going to post this thread 10 times per day. Lol

Because people think the world revolves around them. Most seem to think stern specifically designed deadpool just for them.

#1095 5 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I am now dumber for reading this comment Aurich. You get on and say the same crap over and over. People on pinside like to complain, make comments, judgements and give kudos where they say fit... its a bloody forum buddy. I much prefer positive and some negative discourse around games than somebody getting on and stating the obvious that pinsiders are whingers, and the old chestnut if you don't like it don't buy it. Having a strong cohort of whingers on each thread is part of the hobby.
I didn't like the stream... so what? some people prefer the movie over the comics... and? If their comments are personal opinions not personal attacks then what is the problem? moreover what is your problem. Nothing new here for pinside on this thread.
How about I state the obvious to you now... if you don't like comments on here don't read em... Your attitude is insulting and you're assuming your peers on here are dumb and require being told the obvious... again and again on a variety of threads with no real positive or negative input into the discussions.

Doesn't it work both ways? If you don't like his comments and find that they make you dumber and that you are insulted by them, why in the world are you reading them?

#1098 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, the "it's a forum!" response is quickly becoming the lamest and most rote, eclipsed only by the godforsaken cargument.

Boom!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 25.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-so-many-booms?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.