oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ds_nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#209 5 years ago

Left upper ramp 'curve' is typical Gomez!

Link with time stamp.

#216 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

People might have said the same thing when DMDs came out?

Not really. DMD opened the gates to "modes", so yes it sucked ressources, but it did something with gameplay.

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

There were modes before the DMD.

Yes. My Operation Thunder is the best game of all time because of that, but still...

#264 5 years ago

I noticed a serious bummer:

The pro having only 1, not 2 controlled gates means the left orbit shot always goes straight into the pops, making the Premium/ LE a faster playing game.
So the abundace of the orbit feeding the sword ramp means there is no "left orbit" on the pro at all.

Edit: What does a downvote mean in this case? XD

#267 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

It has to spin right?

Well it is "Motorized".

#274 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This is Gomez Pro style. TF & Avengers were the same. One way gates instead of 2, and some different ball travel due to different ramps or divertors. It fundamentally changes the gameplay and code logic between the two versions.

Didn't notice it to be honest on Transformers. *cough*

I, at the moment, have 2 games at home. A Gomez Johnny Mnemonic, wich plays mostly superfast, wich I like.
And a Bally Atlantis, wich strangely has its drop target bank and pops kinda in the same Spot as Deadpool,... but with 2 one way ramps. So there is no Orbit shot at all.
For me seeing Deadpool is a really coincidental meshup of my "collection" (lol), and I always thought that I'd like Atlantis to have controlled ramps, to make it a far smoother game. (Waiting fo the Ball to bang off the gate everytime, and get out of the pops is so-so.)

Well I just have to see and play...

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Just been done to death, I would prefer the display has the same art style as the rest of the pin. 8-bit feels like a budget issue but thats just me.

Good it's 16 Bit then.

#384 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

The feature matrix says nothing about it being motorized...

Read it again. Also in the press release it's described how it works.

#470 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

From the whitewood photo above, it looks like the left orbit could go all the way around on the pro. Is it certain that the ball is stopped at the top?

Yes, you can see the gate by the truck (right curve) if you look trough the photos.

#488 5 years ago

After one day and getting pretty hyped up it’s time to ask the question: Will I buy?
Answer: No/ Not yet. I definately have to play it first.

While the game looks sweet and the layout is interesting, the Bashpool as only interactive mech is a bit lacking. That might be no problem at all (like with Iron Maiden Pro), but as one that bought a Star Wars Pro on release and sold it after 2 weeks, because the Tie fighter on a spring didn’t do it for me, I’m definitely cautious.
Code/ Callouts/ LCD could definitely make the game stand out but we yet have to see more of that.

Anyone knows how/ if the “Modes” form a story?

#490 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

can I ask yelobird when you played it, what one did you play the Pro or the Premium?
if the Pro how was the shot from the left flipper then to the upper left ramp via that right lane guide mid field?
and if on the Pro what orbits were available as the notes on the guide just say one controlled gate and 1 x one-way gate for the orbits?

Left Orbit = Pops.

See one way gate in released photos.

#492 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

We can all just sit and look at one another. Go.

So, send me your pictures, I'll look at you.

#572 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ok, so I guess I should have phrased the question better... Is everyone experiencing a $200 price increase on DP compared to what they were getting for Maiden?
I buy enough games that you cant always use 1 person because they dont have stock when it is needed.
Loyalty is important but so is the ability to get the game when you or a friend needs it. I also have helped many route customers to buy their first game for home, so I will call around for them to put them in contact with a distributor. Always happy to help people when getting a first game.

"need"?!

#620 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I also here they are now installing service rails on all models.

Wow. Where do you "here" that, other then doing that for 5 months allready and writing it down in the feature matrix.

#639 5 years ago
Quoted from Jousley:

"than"
"already"

I'm allowed to make mistakes, since this isn't my mother tongue.

#641 5 years ago
Quoted from Jousley:

You're allowed to make mistakes. Just don't make mistakes in posts where you are calling others out for the same mistakes.

Whilst you're right I would never admit that in best online forum fashion.

#717 5 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Marvel has the all the best characters. However, DC has the supererest of all time. Superman.

Corrected that!

#744 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

:lol:So your saying that Stern will have some previously unreleased Beatles music for their new pin??? Do you think stinky old Yoko ono would have waited all these years to collect on that????

Maybe she thinks the world is finally ready for the John Lennon Plastic Ono Band Mashup?

My ears start to bleed just thinking of it...

#822 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Are you sure I think the little Deadpool is supposed to be breaking the 4th wall?

Yes sure because it was said by George multiple times.

#824 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Is the soundtrack all EDM music? Any hip hop?

Every track is different alltogether all over the place...

But yeah the main songs are techno & hard rock.

#828 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I caught the end, not enough to really form an opinion, but they confirmed it will be archived to YouTube tonight if you missed it.

Since you're obviously new to the forum:

You don't need trivial things such as information to form an opinion and defend your position to the death.

#837 5 years ago

Overall I'm pretty impressed but what stands out for me...

Positive:
I liked that you could kinda permanently stay in multiball with the lil Deadpool Toy, locking 1 Ball easy.
Liked the Lil Deadpool alltogether with his nice sounds and lighting it looks way more fun then a Tie Fighter on a spring and I don't continue thinking a major toy is missing.

Loved that the Katana drops one Ball from the stock while the one coming in is still on it's way.

Shots seemed awesome. Flow is great, Gomez Ramps not clunking too often.

Not quite as positive:
Some kind of presented story/ or shown linear progression to a goal is missing for me. For me not knowing the comics, that's all random stuff happening.
Something like "I need to smack all of X to Y" would be enough (like the one Sentence at the beginning of TotAN).

The music is... ok. Some tracks are great but the problem with beeing all over the place is that you definately have something in there that you like less.
I guess I'd change a track or something.

Lighting could be enhanced with Disco Mode on the Pro having some blinking GI or something; I guess that will come overtime.

#913 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern many times has an R rated setting. They may simply have not had it on for the stream.

Usually it isn't the other way around ain't it? You work with original content and you activate family mode.

For R rated setting: Deadpool doesn't have one. Gomez said so himself.

#978 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Why not make it a setting and not lose any sales?

Money?

#1002 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I do not think it was direct audio because in the beginning of the stream he moves the mic close to the speakers so he can hear the audio better.

You are right.

You can still hear them talking, just a little bit.
And Sound Quality this way is not too good so I wouldn't be worried.

#1013 5 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I personally found the deadflip stream annoying. I much prefer the Jack streams of old with less chatter and just getting in and firing the game up and discovering together so to speak. Not revealing everything and leaving some mystery for the viewers.
This felt so much more now like a full sales pitch. Too many people too much talking and backscratching. Ive mentioned this Jack in a comment and he even replied saying... yep too many cooks. Really... who wants to see every single rule mode and mb with the glass of.
And leave game tutorials for later on down the track after people get their games.

Jack streams of old (usual) are with chatter troughout the whole game.

It's nice to keep all the chatter (info) compressed at the beginning and the end for a "presentation" like this.

#1015 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Literally impossible.

"FREE PINS FOR EVERYONE!!!" ?

#1020 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Are we certain there won’t be an R rated mode eventually like Family Guy that you turn on or off in the settings?

Yes we are.

Wich doesn't mean that it's impossible to get it as an afterthought.

But right now it is PG (I think you call it this way? Our age ratings are different.), Gomez said.

#1051 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

DREDD is awesome, would love to see someone like Spooky take that theme on and make it true to the Comic bloody and gritty.

Corrected that!

#1076 5 years ago
Quoted from Melhadmj:

-will not be r-rated...

...because Marvel asked for a Family friendly pin. (According to the interview.)

So there's no chance for an R-Mode I think, if the license holder doesn't approve.

#1078 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I’ll admit, it being PG is kind of a downer. JJP is dedicated to the “family friendly” thing so we will never see anything edgy from them, so it’s kinda on Stern to fill that in.
I guess there’s still Spooky for that.

Maybe you have to bring human sacrifices for Sterns next SLE.

#1084 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

My local arcade is getting this before the weekend.
I was surprised, I thought Europe got the first batch.

We allways get them "sent" first, but ships are usually slow...

About 2 more weeks till the game drops here regulary.
(As written above we allready have one flown in... BUT I DON'T HAVE TIME ANY EARLIER THEN IN 2 WEEKS TO DROP BY. XD )

#1145 5 years ago
Quoted from taz:

The Big Lebowski is very hilarious...

...when it breaks.

#1146 5 years ago

Honestly the more of the machine I see the more I like it,... except for the 'writing'.

I hoped there would be some 'story' if they have a writer but none is communicated.
'Writing' is only for Deadpools lines and these are,... well...

Let's just say I like a game where you get taunted a bit, like... Houdini. He tells you, you're sh*** when you suck.
But with Deadpool saying things like "hite the boom button" and then after hitting it "ooooooooooowwwww.... you git the boom button, I'm so proud of you (you cutsie wootie infant)" I wanna smack him in the face. I don't like taunting the player for doing what he is supposed to to, and then in this way. It's like a 10 year older brother taunting you, when you're just in puberty.

This honestly hits all my buttons the worst way it could. XD
(Having a 10 year older brother...)

I don't pay 6000$ for a game that insults me the whole time.
(And I honestly never felt that with any other game altough there are many that taunt you... Liking it when it's a girl. )

#1149 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It ok, but that's a low bar for Deadpool, I want a call out when you hold the ball on a flipper for too long, he says shit like "Colossus loves it when you cradle his balls, I'm getting jealous"

So much Ball Jokes potential!

#1169 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Looks like Stern have pulled the flyer off (404 error). Managed to get he PDF before they did (so not sure if it will change from this).

They propably change the speech bubble to be PG.
It'd definately AO, since he has balls in his mouth. *facepalm*

#1179 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Put me on a Deadpool that shoots well and I'd probably love it. Lots of cool ideas (in concept).

Since None of your Problems happened in the stream (and with noone I personally know have played it) it'll be a thing of dialing it in... I think.

Had a GB Pro, hated the scoleris but with deadpool the targets seem to be further away.

Had a Star Wars and it was so badly adjusted, each and every shot in the horseshoe went straight down the middle.
That's just the way it is I suppose. There is some tollerance and you have to fine tune.

#1211 5 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Has anyone played DP with a shaker motor yet? Is it integrated well?

I prefer my hands.

1 week later
#1269 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

George should make that a recommendation during his next stream, would make a lot more sense than WD40 on your ramps

I do WD40 on my ramps.

I wipe it off immediately, but it prevents rust, cleans and gives it a nice shine.

#1273 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

noted to never buy a game from you...
sorry but any flamable lubricant is a no-no.
The balls will carry it everywhere in the game and gunk crap up.
Novus to clean when needed, 100% carnuba wax to protect and make it shine, ONLY lub at metal pivots and VERY VERY sparingly. Best case to be clear to noobs is NEVER lube anything on a pinball machine. It simply is not needed and will cause issues.

Did you read that "wipe it of" part?

And I do it when taking the machine apart and the ramps are out, in part of the process.

#1283 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Why use WD40 at all when there are so many better options? I guess if you really are using it solely as a rust remover and are then able to wipe all of it off that's OK. But then you're getting no lasting lubricant/polish effect. Which is fitting, since it's not designed to be a lubricant or a polish and is poorly suited for those purposes because it attracts both moisture and dirt.

Yeah to be honest not WD-40 but something that is about the same, and I use it after ultrasonic (?) cleaning to drive any remaining water after drying away,... with the positive side effect that it really let's all the mechanics shine (rust remover if any). Wouldn't leave it on of course, course it binds dirt in the long run.

#1284 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Ramps are stainless steel.
Stainless steel doesn’t rust.
Don’t need to do anything to them. Except clean them periodically with simple green.
rd

Well, yes and no.

Plastic ramps are not made of stainless steel (and the flaps rust) and the wire ramps may rust as well (propaby only on the surface).

#1334 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern has used different quality RGB lights on the same title. For instance, the Pro Star Trek shot inserts could only form a few colors, while all of the inserts on the Premium could make millions.

Not really. - Sam System was not made for LED, so when Star Trek Pro uses the multicolour lights the LED is propably just getting adressed as an asset of multiple lights. Premium/ LE has a completely different light managemant & mainboard. When you get Klingon Multiball in the Pro you can hear the relais working to activate the flashers. In the Premium/ LE you hear nothing.

#1338 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Pro has different RGB lights. They are incapable of producing orange, as an example.

You got it wrong.

The LED itself can do orange but the boards can't produce the signal for it do do so.
Every R-G-B calbe only goes full/ the same power, so you can only have red, green, blue, yellow, magenta, cyan and white.

If you want to do orange you have to be able adjust the voltage on the different RGB channels.
Pro can not do this.

But if the LED can produce red and green (wich is yellow) it can also produce orange.
You just have to 'dim' the green. But Pro Model can't shine R, G and B at different luminences, wich is not fault of the led but of the board unable to adjust the voltages.
http _www.face2image.de_Additive_Farbmischung_ferti (resized).jpghttp _www.face2image.de_Additive_Farbmischung_ferti (resized).jpg

Edit: Oh and, the single mounted RGB-LED in the Premium/LE have the same part number then the Pro. Case closed.

#1352 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Semantics. The end result was that the lights couldn't produce the plethora of colors that the Pro could. That was my point.

You mean Premium/ LE.

Whem its only semantics Then why bother answering multiple times? Never stated something else.
Just explained why that is.

1 week later
#1369 5 years ago

Played it and I really like it.
I actually like it's flow and see no 'clunkyness' altought admitted it certainly is no Steve Ritchie game.
(Steve Ritchie games have no 'flow', the're pure butter.)

I really love the Katana shot because it is just really satisfying/ rewarding.
And Deadpool has a good mix of easy (Bashpool) and hard shots.

Oh, and... as a former Ghostbusters owner: Not ONE airball from the Mini-Bashpool drop Targets.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ds_nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-so-many-booms?tu=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.