oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

https://www.marvel.com/articles/gear/marvel-and-stern-pinball-announce-new-deadpool-pinball-machines

"That freedom gives fans an extra special bonus as all Premium models will include a custom “Deadpool’s Mix Tape” cassette featuring 11 original music tracks with sleeve art by Zombie Yeti. And the Limited Edition, limited to 500 units globally, includes a 12” Vinyl LP featuring 11 original music tracks with cover art by Zombie Yeti."

Pretty awesome idea. Way cooler than some chintzy cassette tape. The LP could actually turn out to be a collectable.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You think they will produce an LP and only make 500 of them?.

I'd hope so. Would be a big selling point for the LE.

It's not like that would be difficult or prohibitively expensive to make a limited run of 500 LPs. Bands with no money and members who borrow their girlfriends' car to get to gigs have been doing it for decades.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

[quoted image]

LOL @ that writing over the right flipper. Most meta thing ever on a pinball game?

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Gosh looks ok..
Can somebody say what the play field layout is like? LotR, TF, Avengers (etc?).

Rollergames.

Same layout as rollergames!

Except those cheap bastards at Stern found a way to get rid of the 3rd flipper! Evil Geniuses.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looks cool no doubt but I'm not dropping $6k-$9k on a game where the main toy is a damn bobble head, ridiculous.

We all know you aren't into games that are actually available for purchase within weeks of a reveal.

Pie in the sky vaporware is so much sexier!

I think this whole "main toy" fetish thing has to go. People sound like 8 year olds: "I WANT MY TOY!"

There are so many shitty games with a great toy.

Maiden - and TNA for that matter- proved that the "toys" people want are well designed games with good code and art that play well and are on the production line.

Other recent toy-filled reveals have shown the problems that building your entire game - and your entire business model - around "toys" can lead to.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Just been done to death, I would prefer the display has the same art style as the rest of the pin. 8-bit feels like a budget issue but thats just me.

It could indeed be a way of cutting development time/costs. A clever way of doing it.

People want code but LCD is the greatest time/resources suck of all with the least benefit to the final package and the player. I think we all need to stop expecting movie quality animation on games that don't have already created movie assets to rely on. It's just not a good use of resources for something that doesn't really matter much. Going forward in the LCD era, it's going to be very important for manufacturers to figure out how to deal with the new tech without allowing their games to get bogged down during pre-production.

Look at TNA - the animations are shit! And nobody cares.

I'm not a collector, but my priorities are layout/rules, then art, with display a distant 3rd. I think more collectors may be coming around to this.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Well I hope the end result is amazing. In this very limited early video the animation does not look good. This quality level is probably good enough for most pin heads. Just for me personally, I have spent a most of my life making video games and I set the bar a little higher.

So the video game pro thinks it looks lame and everybody else likes it.

This is pinball, not video games. This is a pinball crowd, not a video game crowd.

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Guys its an opinion, why is it always so protect the hive, someone kicked my dog. I agree its a great looking pin, For me personally the animation and art style of the LCD looks cheap and I would have preferred more.
I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to like both (Video Games and Pins). Didn't know that we are not allowed to want high end graphics on the display.

You are allowed to do whatever you want, but this is a pinball game not a video game so not sure if your design credentials are supposed to give your opinion extra weight. This isn't the first time you've pulled this card.

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It is a fact. Convenient that you left the rest of that quote out.

Aurich - another know it all who is "in the business" - says you are wrong, and Stern saves no money by going Turbo-Graffix 16.

So who are we supposed to believe, the guy who we all know was directly involved in (granted a disastrous) pinball machine development, or some rando who is always telling us he's an expert?

Either way, it's clearly a BOOOOOOM!

Aren't people paying an additional $300 so they can get their WPC remakes with 16-bit graffix? And here is Stern, just giving it away for free!! What a bunch of great guys, and in no way evil!

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from _KIRK_:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
I haven't been on here in a while, but last time I was there were so many assholes bashing anyone and everyone who was saying that Deadpool was coming out. So many self-important dicks who were clearly WRONG!

I like where you are going with this. Please expand upon it!

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from _KIRK_:

There were whole speculation threads where people were being bashed for saying that this was coming out. One member even had photos he took at Stern that other members were calling fake. I followed them because I was hoping it was true and had no input either way. I just love when self-important assholes are publicly proven wrong.

Look dude, I'm sorry, if you want to have your "I told you so!" cake, you gotta do some homework and cite specific examples. Or else we'll just have people BWHWAHAHAHAHAing left and right without any evidence, and that's bad for all of us. Put in a little effort here, guy!

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

What's the saying about boats? It's a hole in the water you throw money into?
That's what LCD's are for pinball. Giant resource sucking traps. Has nothing to do with gameplay. But must be filled with SOMETHING because it's there.

Yep, seems like pretty much the worst thing to happen to pinball developers. We really should have just stuck with DMD and moved to color - they look great, are the perfect size, and aren't a black hole for resources.

#206 5 years ago
Quoted from _KIRK_:

OK, Internet cool "guy".

I may be internet cool, but I'll never be "BWAHAHAHAHA internet cool.

And that sucks.

#233 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The DMD eras advances weren’t really about the display. It’s an era where the designers and engineers honed their craft in brilliant and innovative new ways on the playfield, which also benefited from exciting new sound tech & rulesets. Aside from video modes, anything in the DMD era could have been done with an A/N display. When we talk about DMD era, it’s about the games, not the display. LCD is merely a score display replacement. There have been practically zero leaps in actual playfield or toy designs. Everything we’re playing in the “LCD era” could be done on a DMD game. There hasn’t been a design & function leap like there was from the 80’s to 90’s. There’s a reason DMD games are still played, loved, and in demand = the GAMES. The display is practically irrelevant to a good/bad pinball.

BOOOOOOM!

And for the record nobody complained about DMDs. THey looked great, were the perfect size, and were a notable upgrade from the alphanumerics that came before. All I remember hearing about them from players at the time was how cool they were.

As said above, LCDs are really just a facelift, not a dramatic improvement. It's arguable they are worse from a player perspective. And coders hate them.

#333 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I'm a little curious what people are going to do with the LP's (or cassettes)?

Many people I know have record players - it's not exactly a rarity anymore. LPs have been on a slow but steady comeback for a long time. I've never in my life not had a working record player, but honestly I don't use it much anymore. I still buy an occasional LP as they look great and are cool collector's items but like everybody else I use the code and download the MP3 and listen to that as it's simply so much more convinient.

Cassettes are a total novelty. I seriously don't know anybody who still has a working cassette deck, except for one friend with a 20 year-old GMC that I borrow sometimes for pin moves. I found a bunch of my old tapes and threw them in the glovebox so I can listen to Sabbath and old-school rap when I move a game. I don't really understand cassette collecting even as a novelty as they are incredibly small and the artwork looks bad shrunken down.

#338 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

CrazyLevi, I look at you like an older better pinball playing second cousin on this forum. But I gotta call a spade a spade. I know you have a few friends at Stern but you go out of your way to Cheerlead. When were you approached to be a shill for Stern on this site? In England with Gary maybe when Star Wars was released? You never have a negative word to say, quite the opposite, and you DON'T BUY THE GAMES! All this could be my imagination

I don't really have anything negative to say about ANYTHING manufacturers put out lately, and I hold back quite a bit as I have friends at almost all of the companies these days. If you are really paying attention you'd notice that.

Why do you want me to bitch about stuff? There's already hundreds of armchair QBs and fanboys doing that already, and they are much more dedicated to it and colorful about it than I would ever be. Like you said, I don't buy the games, I just play them, and I'm not emotionally invested and obsessed with this stuff like the people who are throwing mortgage payments away on them. I think my talents at this particular time are better used pointing out how ridiculous many of the complaints are, and trying to give people some perspective that many here are sorely lacking, both about the games, the business, and buyers' expectations.

If you read between the lines, you know which games I like and which ones I don't, and which games and manufacturers I prefer to others. If you don't, feel free to ask me I'll tell you.

#345 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm not too keen on "family friendly" v2.0 Levi.
Where's the barred-from-the-forums, "I'll take that as a maybe" (lol), fist in yer face Levi?
I miss that hellraiser.
Levi 1.0 ftw.

That Levi was about to get banned for life.

I still gotta sell games here ya know!

#373 5 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Exactly how has Stern "upped their game" on this release? I don't see any thing ground breaking or new. Not saying I don't like it, but they've had several games in the past few years with killer art and different layouts.

I think what it comes down to is they've "upped their game" when it comes to reveals. The trailer is great. Good timing. They got some excitement going. Went a lot smoother than say, the Batman 66 reveal.

That's really all anybody cares about around here anyhow.

#385 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lets not bust out the kneepads for this trailer.
Did they really get the hype right? Seems to have already died off in one day

You are kidding right?

Nah, we know you, and you aren't.

They hype ALWAYS lasts "one day." That's how it is. There's only so many people around to either post "this rules!" or "where's the toys?!" When there's a gameplay reveal there will be fresh hype and we can spend another day on it. And so on and so on. And then the game comes out and everybody is begging for the next reveal. We've been through this a million times.

Why are you playing dumb? The fact is Stern has been through this cycle about THREE TIMES since we've last heard anything new from all the other companies.

That alone shows Stern is doing it right. You get a boom, followed by another boom, followed by a big boom, and then on to the next game. You don't go for a HUGE boom and then don't release a game for a year, which seems to be the general MO from most of the other companies.

#402 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ironmaiden surely did not die out. That game is still hype. I assume that is the level of hype they are striving for and associated sales?

Now you are moving the goal posts, clumsily.

Maiden is selling. But is there a FIRE next to every maiden thread? Of course not. That's the "hype" we are discussing.

I'm not asking you to give Stern a blow job so you can put away your knee pads, but it's silly to pretend they didn't get this reveal right.

#408 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

to me it seems like a pretty standard fan layout. All 7 of the main lanes to shoot are evenly placed around the pf and the nearly exact same entry point.
The stand ups are similarly placed on the sides and similar depth of field.
The drop bank is a bit of change form the norm for location, angle, and depth.
I perceive this will shoot similar to all standard Stern layouts in over all feel.
I think the success/failure of the shot feel is going to largely depend on the cleanness of the right orbit/loop over ramp to sword feed and speed of this.
If the design works reliably regardless of game pitch (so it is consistent) and ball maintains speed for the return then that is going to feel cool. It seems to also then allow for some crisscross combo of ramps to alternate flipper.[quoted image]

You nailed it dude. Your photo illustration is undeniable proof.

Every pinball machine ever made is a "standard fan layout."

#446 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Lets face it Stern is muscling the competition out. Who can keep up

It is relentless, and let's face it, just a little bit evil.

#581 5 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

From reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/95xirl/the_script_for_deadpool_pinball_was_written_by/) Brian Posehn wrote the script for the game, which is amazing - he's a great comedian and wrote 45 issues of Deadpool from 2012-2015. A solid choice!

ANOTHER MAJOR BOOM!!!!

Again, it really does show the resources that a company like Stern has that others don't.

#654 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

this seems like the quickest yet!
Very impressive with how quick they can make it happen.

Yup.

It's almost like they are a real pinball company or something.

#663 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

crazylevi, you’ve got whysnow committing to make accurate statements. Lock it in!

I'm not dumb enough to pre-order from any establishment that I know cannot deliver.

#710 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

cant play vinyl on a BOOM.box[quoted image]

FALSE!

Where there's a boom, there's a way...

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
#750 5 years ago
E3936F3B-FD95-45AB-81B7-EA6A478153F5 (resized).jpegE3936F3B-FD95-45AB-81B7-EA6A478153F5 (resized).jpeg
#861 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

So I got a question, I have a LE on order but I'm wondering if I should downgrade and use that cash for a t.n.a. The game didntwow me like Maiden.

To answer your question: you should buy the LE.

#921 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes you can tell a lot of passion went into this title, from the art to design to the interaction with shots and graphics(genius). I like games that are fun and this game to me looks like a ton of fun.

It's almost as if the people at Stern are human after all!

stars-are-just-like-us-big (resized).jpgstars-are-just-like-us-big (resized).jpg
#926 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

That would be amazing!

It would be even more amazing if they sold them for $3000!

#934 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So, help me out here.... when I give a heartfelt opinion, unless I praise something, it gets negged. Does that sum it up? I wanna be clear on how the rules work.

The rules are it’s stupid to care about that.

If it bothers you, best thing to do is turn off downvotes. You will never see a downvote, and you can’t leave anybody a downvote either.

#955 5 years ago

So I got a friend who just won’t shut the F up about how Deadpool is bi/poly/Pansexual whatever and what a historic boom this is

Anybody spot anything particularly bi/poly/Pan in the stream last night?

#1041 5 years ago

The streams are fantastic and more is better. That’s the world we live in now people expect as much info as they can possibly digest

You think it’s too much? Don’t watch it. I don’t care about this stuff so I don’t watch more than a couple minutes. I’ll discover the game for myself next week.

#1096 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Doesn't it work both ways? If you don't like his comments and find that they make you dumber and that you are insulted by them, why in the world are you reading them?

Yeah, the "it's a forum!" response is quickly becoming the lamest and most rote, eclipsed only by the godforsaken cargument.

3 weeks later
#1344 5 years ago

I've played this game a bunch the last couple of days.

My impression is it's standard Stern fare, not among their best but should be a good location game. I'm not a huge fan of the playfield design, it's got some of that signature late-model Gomez clunk, most namely the sword ramp, which is a bit of a crapshoot whether or not you'll make it, and especially the area to the left of the scoop. Not sure exactly what's going on up there. Basically whenever I expect the game to flow, it doesn't.

Rules, animation, sound, art is all pretty cool. If you are a big Deadpool fan (I'm not) you'd probably be happy with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.99
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-so-many-booms?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.