Topic Stats

• 1,380 posts
  • 315 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 months ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 155 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

021b599a3572d1f2fe58811ea6fde96917ebfe28 (resized).jpeg
20190128_005536 (resized).jpg
03718DA7-0126-49A5-BC84-B171B7B5CD4C (resized).jpeg
1B98FC7C-ECD9-4E1F-884F-716DD39F2AE3 (resized).jpeg
101B95AA-5FE0-47D3-8B5A-222640A3156E (resized).jpeg
6DA2202F-05C0-4CB5-8B6F-783EDA3164AB.jpeg
http _www.face2image.de_Additive_Farbmischung_ferti (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1536455078218 (resized).jpg
oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cobray.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#359 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

This pin looks awesome, all models...Stern upping their game; artwork is killer, and the layout is different than typical fan layout...Nice.

Exactly how has Stern "upped their game" on this release? I don't see any thing ground breaking or new. Not saying I don't like it, but they've had several games in the past few years with killer art and different layouts.

#400 1 year ago

Here's the thing on this table.. Just like other releases, there's a lot of excitement to see a new game, new art, layout, etc., but I'm not quite sure what to think of this layout until I play it. It seems like there's a lot of nothing new if you strip away the artwork, and I know from experience that this can be good or bad. It can be good like Ironman, or not so good like other fan layouts. I'm going to wait until I play this one to decide (no early ordering for me). And I LOVE the theme.

With Iron Maiden you could just tell the layout was fresh! The four flippers and crazy good playfield made it all worth it to me. This one has be back to "approach with caution" as I've been burned by crappy code and not so exciting gameplay in the past more times than not. People tend to forget about those games when the very last release is as good as Iron Maiden IMO.

#421 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I should have referenced it to how far they have come since 2013-14 time frame, where it was Avengers, TFLE and the like...Now we get LCD DMD, sick-ass art package, not photo-shopped playfield, lockdown bar button becoming standard, unique layout.

In a lot of regards, there are some steps back if you think about it. No engineered toys. Flat printed plastics now in place of figures for pros. But hey, the Sterns are super fun to play, so as long as code is good and the layout clicks, I'm good.

#422 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The one liners will get old real fast but thats pinball, art is amazing and the layout looks solid, looking forward to trying this pin.

Like, "OK, who brought the dog?". One of the main reasons I sold Ghostbusters.

#479 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

40 percent is not sustainable YOY.

It's 40% profit growth. So the next time someone wants to stick up for Stern about price increases, think about that.

1 week later
#893 1 year ago

I'm going to reserve my final opinion until I PLAY the game, but buying one early is not in the cards for me on this particular machine for a few reasons.

First, I was hoping for a movie themed Deadpool pinball.. love the movies and thought it would be a must-have. I know the "comic purists" love this version, but I don't read the comics and I don't watch the DP cartoons, so it's just harder to relate to the theme as it's presented in the pinball machine. Most people I know only like Deadpool because of the movies. "it is what it is".

I kind of thought that this theme would be like what Metallica is to music pins... raw, in your face, and crude. Not really feeling that with the Saturday morning cartoon animations. "Little Deadpool" call-outs to me are like nails going down a chalkboard. But if the game plays fast and has good flow, I'm sure I'll be more focused on gameplay and can look past it (especially if it's not repetitive like "ok, who brought the dog!".

And since I mentioned flow, I would say this game is fast and looks great as it plays... smooth as butter ramps, sweet shots, and overall I'm impressed with the layout as I saw it. Code looks fantastic also, at least in its early stage. Artwork checks all the boxes for me also.

So while I'm not "all-in" at the start, I'm not "all-out" either. I'm hoping the game does indeed kick ass to me, but I'm taking this one on a test-drive first before I buy.

#954 1 year ago

The humor is just.... bad. Almost forced. Here's 2 I recall and I thought to myself... I'm not sure my kid would even think that was funny.

"hey sabertooth, brush your saber teeth"

"You should have shape-shifted into something other than a loser!"

Seriously, kind of lame.

I was talking about this game at lunch with a co-worker who's not into pinball, and he's like most- without the DP Movies, he's lost on the theme and DP would most likely not even be in his realm of knowledge as far as superhero's go. He said that even he would have been interested in a DP pin if it was movie themed because the movies are just so funny and different.. but with the cartoon theme, he thought it seemed to be "just another cartoon comic book character" type game. I could tell he was excited to hear about a DP pin, yet became dissapointed at the comic book part of it. Makes you wonder how this will do on location?

#970 1 year ago
Quoted from speederice:

Stern releases Guardians of the Galaxy, a movie-based pin that was hampered by licensor issues, Screen Actors Guild limitations, voice actor fill-ins, repetitive movie clips on the LCD, etc.
Pinside: "We want more original themes. If you can't get the license, don't bother doing the license."
Stern releases Deadpool, a licensed pin but with the creative freedom to do whatever they wanted - essentially an "original" theme.
Pinside: "We wanted a movie-based pin. Why didn't you do the movie?!?"

Kind of short-sighted, don't you think? There's more to it than that. If Deadpool pin had been an adult-themed, rude and crude like the movies, instead of "mini-deadpool" childish call-outs, it would have worked soooo much better. Kind of like how Metallica integrated it's in-your-face theme. It just works. Could you imagine a "baby" anything on MET?

#1024 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't think we'll see an R rated version from Stern.

This is one of the main reasons I think Stern has missed the mark on this one.. there are plenty of clean superhero games out there, and let's face it, Deadpool's image and reputation is built on just being nasty... and it's one of the reasons it's been so popular and has a refreshing feel. "Little Deadpool" even takes it even further into the opposite direction of just being neutral into the "Kiddie" zone if you ask me.

This feels more like X-men and Avengers, with a hint of Transformers. To me Deadpool could have been soooo much more.

That being said, it's all on gameplay and code for me now, so it still has a chance.

#1045 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

This is based on the comics, not the movie. The comics have a rating of parental advisory. "Appropriate for readers age 15 and older. May contain moderate violence, mild profanity, graphic imagery and/or suggestive themes"
The fourth wall hasn't been implemented yet in the code where Deadpool taunts the player.

This makes as much sense as doing a Forrest Gump pinball based on the book and not the movie. Sure the written book/comics are the base of the character, but the popularity was made on the screenplay.. and more so than any other superhero character that has a pinball machine if you ask me. Deadpool most likely wouldn't even be a consideration w/o the Movie and it's popularity!

But I'm going to wait this out and stay out of it... I just can't help myself because of the letdown and now I don't know what I'm going to buy. Life goes on.

#1067 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh Pinside. Stern does a comic book pin with really nice hand drawn art instead of photoshopped movie crap and people cry, "omg the movies are more popular!" "But I never read the comic books!"
They get a writer from the Deadpool comics, and the professional voice actor of Deadpool from all kind of properties and it's "wah, there's no cursing and it's not Ryan Reynolds!"
They shoot a video with gameplay and include a whole tutorial about how to play the game and it's "waaaah, you're spoiling the rules!"
Just don't buy it, and stop complaining constantly about everything not being the perfect way you want it. Or buy it and realize that you voted with your wallet already and Stern doesn't care what you type on a forum after that.

To me it's not even that it's the comics- It's Sterns interpretation of Deadpool.

For the prices we are paying, should we just not have an opinion and settle for whatever they put out? I find the opinions on here to be objective from people that are actually in the hobby and have the money to buy! I feel like I would have accepted the comic theme without the, ahem, "baby deadpool" Jar-Jar Binks type "cutesy" call-outs. Just make Deadpool like Deadpool- in your face, adult jokes and insults, and put in all the extreme stuff he says/does

NOTHING that Deadpool stands for is clean or "kiddie" IMO- that's what makes him unique!

I feel like I've "been here before" with trying to accept a title- I remember Avengers with the horrid call-outs. Movie art, but fill-in voices. Why!?! Should have gone one way or the other. Didn't make sense.

X-men. Killer art based on comics. But again, horrid call-outs and voices. Could have been so much more.. kind of like Avengers lol. Is it a coincidence that Gomez made Avengers also? Not sure. But again, things just don't feel right with the pin.. or as good as they could be.

And you're right, I am voting with my wallet, I cancelled my order.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New Berlin, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cobray.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside