oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PW79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#339 5 years ago

Flat plastic figurines....

Gomez

#374 5 years ago

The game looks aight

Not sure what’s worse. The flat plastic figurines on the Pro or what equates to GI Joes ziptied to the Premium? That’s one of my gripes about LOTR. Shit you not one day I’m removing all those zip tied turds off my LOTR. It’s why I don’t have an Avatar or IM. Not a fan of zip tied GI Joes on pinball games.

Anyway, enough about me. I will say the layout looks different which is good. Bobbleheads are terrible toys to put on an expensive game but Gomez has become more of a finance guy than a designer so it’s semi expected. I like the dude but you can see he is a miser with the toys (sorry Panzer, no toys for you)

If the disco ball does not spin then $4 on Amazon will make Promiums all day long. The feature matrix says nothing about it being motorized...

Wait... are the only mechanical changes between the games two rows of drop targets?

#403 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

He built an entire pin around a major toy -- Avengers LE; how did that work out??
Good lord, some of you guys are miserable...Just be happy we have 5+ pinball makers, coming out with exciting and fresh stuff multiple times per year now...No need to be fanboys, reminds me of the Sega/Nintendo console days; you guys are a trip.

You mean the ball search Hulk surround by flat plastic flexing ramps, borked shooter, pot metal tesseract & flat plastic figurines? I wouldn’t put those efforts on a pedestal or use that game as a benchmark.

I tried to mention the zip-tied GI Joes & Bobbleheads on an $8K toy without sounding too negative but it’s hard.

Last I looked I am a Stern fanboy. Not an apologist tho. Sorry if I rained on your parade, the game looks fine enough to me aside from zipties & bobblehead.

By the way I don’t want to sound overly argumentative as that’s super easy to do in threads. I’m just thinking out loud with other pinheads.

#454 5 years ago

The "World above the glass" & "Another movie theme" comments on the PF tell me Pinside is not a small % of Stern's business.

#473 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Nor are we good at "quoting" things

I cannot be bothered with reading lol

#539 5 years ago

It is cool to see Gomez talk about the game.

I always like those “making of” videos. It reminds me these evil people that take my money are just passionate pinheads to some degree.

#540 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry i should have been more clear, what are they really going for?
PMs are welcome and appreciated if people don't like to share publicly.

$100 off promo @ eBay today + eBay bucks + your CC rewards should bring it down to $5,450

#606 5 years ago

Is it weird the #1 appeal to me about this game is the retro arcade game graphics on the screen?

Purdy cool

#646 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

While Stern has cheapened up materials....they certainly are upping there game in other area: artwork, good layouts, good themes and finally in code. I hope they keep up this! I also here they are now installing corner brackets and service rails on all models. Hope they can find better wood next (but that might be a factor of wood industry).

I agree 100%

The other day I was thinking to myself “Lots of cool shit out & on the horizon. I need to sell my old games & buy NIB because they just keep making em better & better” then I thought “You can’t sell those old games, they just don’t make em like they used to”

I realized the best option is to keep my old games and buy new ones.

#669 5 years ago

Daaaaaaaaaamn, this is new territory.

Stern is making all the dope shit, at once!

I've got more games on my wishlist than ever before & that doesn't even include the likely must have pending titles like Munsters & Elvira.

I dont know what the fck I'm gonna do if they finish AS then have a half dozen games fully coded & in stock with distros...

Let's hope they dont pull it off because I'm an idiot with a storage room next to my game room with space for more pins

#855 5 years ago

Want a Stern with humor?

Play Family Guy!

The classic arcade sounds are fantastic but they also seem like a big F-U to Spooky/TNA, especially with the Godzilla T-Shirt. It's almost like they're bigger trolls than us lol.

Animations are cool. PF geometry seems cool. Hope the code is cool.

I will say that after 30 min of streaming I had enough of the audio & the novelty of the animations wore off but I'm sure the same can be said for many games.

Purdy decent looking game. Good job Stern.

#885 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Damn this game is looking good!
Anyone else think that George used some of his ideas from LOTR on this?
Some of the shots had the fast whipping action like I get in my LOTR, so it would definitely be a good thing in my books.

LOTR has a sword too

Not sure I can have two games with swords under one roof

There might be rules about that documented somewhere

#1046 5 years ago

I think this was the smoothest reveal in Stern’s history. The deadflip stream was super professional & it happened super FAST

Yes the stream was scripted & corporate but it’s a hosted reveal so it’s to be expected.

2 weeks later
#1240 5 years ago

I also played a DP Pro today

My only gripe is the katana ramp shot. Looks super cool but I was not very successful with it.

Perhaps it becomes easier with experience like ST or SM? I hope so.

Purdy good look'n pro. I liked it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PW79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-so-many-booms?tu=PW79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.