oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 5 years ago

Surprisingly the Pro is my favorite, think its looks great. I do not like the 8-bit style of the animations. Everything else looks awesome.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

That's one of the things i like the most. Brings me back to the first Nintendo games era.

Just been done to death, I would prefer the display has the same art style as the rest of the pin. 8-bit feels like a budget issue but thats just me.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It could indeed be a way of cutting development time/costs. A clever way of doing it.
People want code but LCD is the greatest time/resources suck of all with the least benefit to the final package and the player. I think we all need to stop expecting movie quality animation on games that don't have already created movie assets to rely on. It's just not a good use of resources for something that doesn't really matter much. Going forward in the LCD era, it's going to be very important for manufacturers to figure out how to deal with the new tech without allowing their games to get bogged down during pre-production.
Look at TNA - the animations are shit! And nobody cares.
I'm not a collector, but my priorities are layout/rules, then art, with display a distant 3rd. I think more collectors may be coming around to this.

I completely agree with you, the only difference is I'm not as forgiving. I don't expect movie quality but I don't excuse 20 year old tech. One step at a time though, they are improving for sure and everything else on this pin looks great. Hopefully they can ship it with decent code. Maybe one day they will have decent graphics on the display. Everyone complains at Houdini for its animation, these looks super low frame rate.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Got some bad news for you. Almost everything under the glass is 40 year old tech.

Good thing the LCD is not under the glass

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

8 bit animations take more time, and are harder, than plenty of high rez tricks, so let's please not let this turn into a thing. If you don't like the style that's fine, but it isn't about 'cheaping out', ever.

Well I've been in gaming for a long time and I can assure you this style is much cheaper to implement. The idea that it takes more time or costs more is laughable. It has a serious cost savings, I have no idea if Stern made the decision based on this but it most certainly is a factor.

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

To get it right takes time....doing it cheap is doing it shitty.
The game will have a mix of retro and high def graphics. It wasn't to be cheap.

Well I hope the end result is amazing. In this very limited early video the animation does not look good. This quality level is probably good enough for most pin heads. Just for me personally, I have spent a most of my life making video games and I set the bar a little higher.

#154 5 years ago

Guys its an opinion, why is it always so protect the hive, someone kicked my dog. I agree its a great looking pin, For me personally the animation and art style of the LCD looks cheap and I would have preferred more.

I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to like both (Video Games and Pins). Didn't know that we are not allowed to want high end graphics on the display.

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

It's fine to not like it or have an opinion, but this is a definitive statement of fact:
" I can assure you this style is much cheaper to implement. The idea that it takes more time or costs more is laughable. It has a serious cost savings"

It is a fact. Convenient that you left the rest of that quote out.

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What does "been in gaming for a long time" mean? Please explain. Because I'm speaking from having designed high rez pinball graphics, your assurance isn't really worth anything to me vs my direct experience with it. Pixel art would have been way more time consuming than what Stern did for Guardians of the Galaxy for example. It's not a serious cost savings, no.

I'm not going to post my resume on Pinside. I'm high level SE at one of the biggest gaming studios in the world, working on the biggest game we make. I confident in my ability to estimate the cost of different implementations. I fully concede I don't know anything about Stern's process or decision making. Stern very well may have went this direction purely for aesthetics.

If the art looked like the post above me I would be down. Its blurry and pixelated, its nowhere near that crisp or sharp.

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yep, seems like pretty much the worst thing to happen to pinball developers. We really should have just stuck with DMD and moved to color - they look great, are the perfect size, and aren't a black hole for resources.

I complete agree with this, they gave me an LCD and I now I want modern graphics. I love me some ColorDMD, its perfect for pinball.

#286 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Good it's 16 Bit then.

To be fair it's good for 8-bit and pretty weak for the 16-bit era. That arcade shot is pretty blurry and leaves a lot to be desired. The hallway one is better but it's got nothing on Street Fighter.

#462 5 years ago

The not another movie theme on this pin is a bummer for me, the movies are so fantastic I just cant imagine Deadpool without Ryan Reynolds. I'm not into comic books but the movies are like part of the local culture. I know people that worked on them, my son trains with guys that did stunts on them. The movie theme would have made it a must buy. It still might get my money it does look great but I am very wait and see.

#589 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I’m really interested to see how they integrate the fighting scenes. After you break the 4th wall, the graphics will be hi-def...so all the
8-bit/16-bit crybabies can relax now.

This sounds great, can't wait to see how it looks. No idea why Stern would not show this in the video.

#792 5 years ago

I have to say the animation is better than I expected. I originally disliked but its actually pretty good especially considering its Stern. They do need to fix that red font. So often you have red messages over red background and its a mess. Most excited I have been for any Stern reveal. I'm genuinely pretty stoked for this, I would have prefered the Movie License but they nailed this one.

#794 5 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

Am I missing the humor? Not a ton of funny moments

I need to pay more attention, I haven't noticed any profanity or dirty jokes, not even any innuendo.

#805 5 years ago
Quoted from WeLoveScott:

I'd love to know what Deadpool fans think of this. I'm finding the callouts very repetitive and annoying. I think I'd be
exhausted after one game on this and want to move on to a different machine.

The longer I watch the less Deadpool it feels. I'm not a comic guy so I only know Deadpool from the movies. This kinda feels like your Saturday morning cartoon Deadpool. The music doesn't feel Deadpool at at all, good pin music, just not Deadpool.

#808 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I thought there was plenty of funny stuff in there. The wall breaks haven’t been programmed yet.

Are you sure I think the little Deadpool is supposed to be breaking the 4th wall?

#815 5 years ago

I just wish he reacted to the hit, get busted up, have some reaction and sarcasm.

#936 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I have to say the animation is better than I expected. I originally disliked but its actually pretty good especially considering its Stern. They do need to fix that red font. So often you have red messages over red background and its a mess. Most excited I have been for any Stern reveal. I'm genuinely pretty stoked for this, I would have prefered the Movie License but they nailed this one.

This was my initial impression when I tuned into the stream. It was exciting and didn't look so bad, I thought ok give Stern a break your expecting too much. Unfortunately after about 30 minutes I was done, there is just not enough there. The frame count and variety is just way too low. After sleeping on things and reading other peoples comments, they really missed with this theme. Baby Deadpool, WTF they went Jar Jar Binks? This is Saturday morning cartoon Deadpool, this is the exact opposite of what made Deadpool the second biggest R movie in history. Only Jesus with a violence extravaganza barely managed to maintain the throne. Looks, sounds and appears to play like an incredible pin, but it's a terrible use of the license.

#1042 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

It was well known months before the release that this was going to be comic book based. Not sure why any Pinsider would be surprised by this.

The movies were universally praised by the comic book crowd. All you heard was how it was one of the best adaptations so far, finally a movie that truly matched the comic source. Why would anyone expect a Baby Disney saturday morning cartoon Deadpool pin? We are surprised that Stern missed on what made the movies a beloved phenomenon. I have not read them but my understanding is the comics are not Archie’s and look at the adaptation Archie got.

#1048 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

May have been a similar thought process with Judge Dredd (not that that was much of a screenplay, or much of a movie for that matter).

Dredd was awesome I guess your referring to the Stallone version.

#1057 5 years ago

Watched the Super Duper Cut of Deadpool 2, it is so good and the comedy so on point. It adds like ten minutes but it didn't slow the movie at all. The timing is a little painful because you see what might have been.

#1148 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Deadpool told me of I tilted one more time he was going to punch me in the face,I find this the greatest call out of all time.

It ok, but that's a low bar for Deadpool, I want a call out when you hold the ball on a flipper for too long, he says shit like "Colossus loves it when you cradle his balls, I'm getting jealous"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-so-many-booms?tu=Darscot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.