oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

8-bit feels like a budget issue but thats just me.

8 bit animations take more time, and are harder, than plenty of high rez tricks, so let's please not let this turn into a thing. If you don't like the style that's fine, but it isn't about 'cheaping out', ever.

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Well I've been in gaming for a long time and I can assure you this style is much cheaper to implement. The idea that it takes more time or costs more is laughable. It has a serious cost savings, I have no idea if Stern made the decision based on this but it most certainly is a factor.

What does "been in gaming for a long time" mean? Please explain. Because I'm speaking from having designed high rez pinball graphics, your assurance isn't really worth anything to me vs my direct experience with it. Pixel art would have been way more time consuming than what Stern did for Guardians of the Galaxy for example. It's not a serious cost savings, no.

#448 5 years ago

I'm more of a fighting game player than a pinball player these days, went back to my roots. One thing that sucked was the recent Marvel vs Capcom game had corny graphics, they lost the comic book feel, it had no X-Men, people speculated that Marvel wouldn't allow that stuff. Game is dead now.

I know some folks are sick of the comic stuff, but I personally find it refreshing to see the things people wanted here. Hand drawn, completely comic based, no movie nonsense, X-Men out the wazoo, works for me. I'm never going to be mad to see a comic book come to life, that's the kind of thing pinball should be doing. It's nostalgia without being musty. The Munsters stuff is ancient feeling if you've seen the leaks, hard pass.

I'm not buying Deadpool, the prices are dumb, but if I see one on location or in a collection I'm definitely curious to play.

1 week later
#821 5 years ago

I caught the end, not enough to really form an opinion, but they confirmed it will be archived to YouTube tonight if you missed it.

#894 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

So I got a question, I have a LE on order but I'm wondering if I should downgrade and use that cash for a t.n.a. The game didntwow me like Maiden.

I firmly believe people should blow their money on whatever they want, it's not my job to moralize your purchases. But why are you ordering a game for all that money that you've never even played? Just so you won't miss out on a "limited edition"? That's a lot of money to just spend on a whim for having a plaque.

I watched the last 10 minutes of the Twitch feed, and to be honest I mostly watched the LCD because I was curious to see it in action. Spooky did the comic book thing better on Alice, but I for one appreciated the 16 bit fighting game theme. It looks cool, art is good, I dunno, I have no complaints or anything, but that doesn't mean I'd drop thousands and thousands of dollars on it sight unseen. And if it didn't wow you? Then why? Because it's a new pin?

Have you played TNA? Play it before you buy one, see what you think. I like mine.

#1059 5 years ago

Oh Pinside. Stern does a comic book pin with really nice hand drawn art instead of photoshopped movie crap and people cry, "omg the movies are more popular!" "But I never read the comic books!"

They get a writer from the Deadpool comics, and the professional voice actor of Deadpool from all kind of properties and it's "wah, there's no cursing and it's not Ryan Reynolds!"

They shoot a video with gameplay and include a whole tutorial about how to play the game and it's "waaaah, you're spoiling the rules!"

Just don't buy it, and stop complaining constantly about everything not being the perfect way you want it. Or buy it and realize that you voted with your wallet already and Stern doesn't care what you type on a forum after that.

2 weeks later
#1320 5 years ago

Star Trek Premium turned out to be such a funny exception, maybe Ritchie gets more juice with his games. Full RGB LEDs on every damn insert and really nice pearl powder coat with lollipop rails. Now the prices have gone up and the Premiums tend to not have much RGB if any, and the standard black powdercoat with basic side rails.

I haven't bought a new Stern since my Star Trek Prem, so maybe I'm forgetting some other exceptions, but it's definitely the only one I can think of with all of that in one package. Am I missing anything?

#1340 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Aurich was beta testing the 1.6 code, and having discussions with Dwight Sullivan

lol that was another era, before my name became mud at Stern

#1351 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

One too many kamikaze attacks on licensed theme pins?!?

There was definitely some hurt feelings when they found out I was beta testing code and had also criticized their games publicly, but once I started on Alien it felt more personal. I dunno, who cares, just funny to be reminded of it. I'm not going to Expo this year, but I presume I'm no longer banned from the factory tour, I doubt anyone there is actually mad at me. But memories and grudges are long and funny, so who knows.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Grovetown, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-so-many-booms?tu=Aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.