oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg

There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 28.
#351 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I wonder if they have had the vinyl records made already.
I believe there is like a 9-10 month wait to get vinyl pressed because the demand is high, and there are hardly any record plants left. I’ve heard the music guys really need to book their pressings almost a year in advance.
You may be waiting a while for your record ...
rd

This is upsetting
LE order cancelled.

#352 5 years ago

Glad this thread turned into the typical children crying at each other instead of being glad we have another good pinball game coming out. It’s the real entertainment I’ve come to expect from Pinside.

Back to the game thou, is this going to be based on the kookier movie humor or comic book?

#353 5 years ago

We have 2 LE's available. GotPinball.com

Call us now to place your CC deposit.

22 years in the business.

Read our story:

https://www.gotpinball.com/our-story

Thanks.

Randy

#354 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Glad this thread turned into the typical children crying at each other instead of being glad we have another good pinball game coming out. It’s the real entertainment I’ve come to expect from Pinside.

Considering you've been here less than a month, you have excellent situational awareness.

As far as your quote, don't ride the trollolololololer coaster (my avatar).

#355 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Looks great! So happy they got Nolan North as the voice talent.

It is Chris Ramsey's time to shine

#356 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I believe there is like a 9-10 month wait to get vinyl pressed because the demand is high, and there are hardly any record plants left. I’ve heard the music guys really need to book their pressings almost a year in advance.

rd

There are lots of small run promotional vinyl lathe shops. At 500 you would probably press, but the small shops can handle this. Not the same as large production setup.

#357 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm not too keen on "family friendly" v2.0 Levi.
Where's the barred-from-the-forums, "I'll take that as a maybe" (lol), fist in yer face Levi?
I miss that hellraiser.
Levi 1.0 ftw.

I heardthe sandals are even Gone in 2.1 version.

#358 5 years ago

..go to bed drunk SK..

#359 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

This pin looks awesome, all models...Stern upping their game; artwork is killer, and the layout is different than typical fan layout...Nice.

Exactly how has Stern "upped their game" on this release? I don't see any thing ground breaking or new. Not saying I don't like it, but they've had several games in the past few years with killer art and different layouts.

#360 5 years ago

Looks fun we shall see as not a Deadpool fan or comics fan for the most part but always excited to play new games that work well with flow no matter what the theme. So just curious if people think this game has more than Maiden or less at first take. I wanted more toys in Maiden do people want more in Deadpool or is their enough in it for the prices. Just curious to know others thoughts.

#361 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

I'm guessing Stern could get 500 from United Pressing in Nashville in 6 weeks.

#362 5 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Exactly how has Stern "upped their game" on this release? I don't see any thing ground breaking or new. Not saying I don't like it, but they've had several games in the past few years with killer art and different layouts.

First thing i thought as well.

#363 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Considering you've been here less than a month, you have excellent situational awareness.
As far as your quote, don't ride the trollolololololer coaster (my avatar).

It only takes a day to realize this place is equally full of good informative nice people but equally full of dickbags that love to complain about the color blue.

So no 10 year status required

#364 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

It only takes a day to realize this place is equally full of good informative nice people but equally full of dickbags that love to complain about the color blue.
So no 10 year status required

Shit I've been saving hard for that 10 year status too

#365 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Was thinking exactly the same. Easy to promise, hard to deliver. Could go the way of the B66SLE personalized Adam West call-outs or Star Wars Topper.

#366 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

This is upsetting
LE order cancelled.

Picked you as more of a cassette guy.

#367 5 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Its hard to tell how good the game will be without playing it but I'll give Stern this, they have upped their standard LE offerings. Starting with Iron Maiden we saw upgraded speakers, anti-reflective glass, interior cabinet artwork, shaker motor, high quality powder coat, and a mirrored back glass come with the LE model and now pretty much the same offering is coming with Deadpool LE. That's huge from a collectors standpoint as LE offerings by Stern were all over the place for years with some games offering more then others. I hope Stern makes the LE offerings from Iron Maiden and Deadpool standard.

#368 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

3) Love the unique use of a plastic on the Pro to replace the disco ball... Deadpool in a swinging hammock. Don't think that's been done before.

I am actually bummed out it’s missing on the upper models, I want that on the Prem/LE, very simple idea but looks very cool and nicely executed.

#369 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I am actually bummed out it’s missing on the upper models, I want that on the Prem/LE, very simple idea but looks very cool and nicely executed.

I believe the Prem/ LE get the plastics as well, just not installed.

#370 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Read somewhere Gomez said it’s also included with the LE as an extra in the coin box. They loved it also, but couldn’t fit it on.

#371 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Read somewhere Gomez said it’s also included with the LE as an extra in the coin box. They loved it also, but couldn’t fit it on.

Gomez said this during Coast2Coast interview. Prem/LE receive these plastics with mounting hardware in the coin box. They thought it wasn't a nice fix next to the molded figures. But if you do like it yourself you can install them.

#372 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

It has to spin right?

That disco ball better spin, otherwise I am officially declaring this game as STERN TRASH.

#373 5 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I think what it comes down to is they've "upped their game" when it comes to reveals. The trailer is great. Good timing. They got some excitement going. Went a lot smoother than say, the Batman 66 reveal.

That's really all anybody cares about around here anyhow.

#374 5 years ago

The game looks aight

Not sure what’s worse. The flat plastic figurines on the Pro or what equates to GI Joes ziptied to the Premium? That’s one of my gripes about LOTR. Shit you not one day I’m removing all those zip tied turds off my LOTR. It’s why I don’t have an Avatar or IM. Not a fan of zip tied GI Joes on pinball games.

Anyway, enough about me. I will say the layout looks different which is good. Bobbleheads are terrible toys to put on an expensive game but Gomez has become more of a finance guy than a designer so it’s semi expected. I like the dude but you can see he is a miser with the toys (sorry Panzer, no toys for you)

If the disco ball does not spin then $4 on Amazon will make Promiums all day long. The feature matrix says nothing about it being motorized...

Wait... are the only mechanical changes between the games two rows of drop targets?

#375 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

The game looks aight
Not sure what’s worse. The flat plastic figurines on the Pro or what equates to GI Joes ziptied to the Premium? That’s one of my gripes about LOTR. Shit you not one day I’m removing all those zip tied turds off my LOTR.
Anyway the layout looks different which is good. Bobbleheads are terrible toys to put on an expensive game but Gomez has become more of a finance guy than a designer so it’s semi expected.
If the disco ball does not spin then $4 on Amazon will make Promiums all day long.
Wait... are the only mechanical changes between the games two rows of drop targets?

No, there is also a mechanical ramp that can lift a left orbit shot onto the sword to feed the right flipper.

Along with that, the two gates are both bi-directional, unlike the Pro where only one is.

#376 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

The game looks aight
Not sure what’s worse. The flat plastic figurines on the Pro or what equates to GI Joes ziptied to the Premium? That’s one of my gripes about LOTR. Shit you not one day I’m removing all those zip tied turds off my LOTR.
Anyway the layout looks different which is good. Bobbleheads are terrible toys to put on an expensive game but Gomez has become more of a finance guy than a designer so it’s semi expected.
If the disco ball does not spin then $4 on Amazon will make Promiums all day long.

LE and premium have two two way control gates by the pops where the pro has a one way and one control gate.

The LE and premium have another ramp in the shooter lane. If you hit the left orbit the ball can return down the shooter lane, hit the extra mech and return to the right flipper. This sets up a repeatable right flipper shot and another way to return the ball to the right flipper for more combo possibilities. Changes the flow of the game quite a bit.

#377 5 years ago

I'm an Iron Maiden LE owner and I LOVE that game. From what I can tell, Stern has put the same level of love and care into this game as well. So, I'm in on a Deadpool LE too. Boom!

#378 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think what it comes down to is they've "upped their game" when it comes to reveals. The trailer is great. Good timing. They got some excitement going. Went a lot smoother than say, the Batman 66 reveal.

lets not bust out the kneepads for this trailer.

Did they really get the hype right? Seems to have already died off in one day, photo of John T playfield was leaked forever ago and the actual game seems largely unchanged from that (understandably they want to distance themselves from that situation), and what makes this good timing?

I am somewhat puzzled why this game dropped now as I was under the impression both Maiden and GOTG are selling well??? This will just steal a few sales from those games IMHO.

Stern has done a bunch of things well in this game but I dont think the hype is one of them (when lots of LEs are left after d1 then that is a miss in my book for their likely expectations ala Maiden).

They have great artists now doing cool looking games
They have new coders in the mix bringing new ideas.
Hopefully this game comes out in good shape codewise and we start to see an actual trend of games that are playable on release (they are still inconsistent on this)
Service rails appear to be back as standard in pro which is great! Hopefully proper cabinet hardware returns also and hopefully the pf issues are finally licked.

They are definitely doing better than they were just a year ago and an actual release video should be the minimum expectation and let be honest BM66 was the lowest bar possible for release hype.

#379 5 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

I'm an Iron Maiden LE owner and I LOVE that game. From what I can tell, Stern has put the same level of love and care into this game as well. So, I'm in on a Deadpool LE too. Boom!

Man Ian, with that next to Maiden you’re gonna be seeing red! (See what I did there?)

Congrats looks like good times for sure.

#380 5 years ago

Art looks cool. Playfield design? We'll see. I predict a $500 topper that is actually a $40 portable record player, for the LE anyway.

#381 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Did they really get the hype right? Seems to have already died off in one day, photo of John T playfield was leaked forever ago and the actual game seems largely unchanged from that (understandably they want to distance themselves from that situation), and what makes this good timing?
I am somewhat puzzled why this game dropped now as I was under the impression both Maiden and GOTG are selling well??? This will just steal a few sales from those games IMHO.
Stern has done a bunch of things well in this game but I dont think the hype is one of them (when lots of LEs are left after d1 then that is a miss in my book for their likely expectations ala Maiden).
They have great artists now doing cool looking games
They have new coders in the mix bringing new ideas.
Hopefully this game comes out in good shape codewise and we start to see an actual trend of games that are playable on release (they are still inconsistent on this)
Service rails appear to be back as standard in pro which is great! Hopefully proper cabinet hardware returns also and hopefully the pf issues are finally licked.
They are definitely doing better than they were just a year ago and an actual release video should be the minimum expectation and let be honest BM66 was the lowest bar possible for release hype.

The leaked photo was Gomez's whitewood.

#382 5 years ago

Not a huge fan of the LE color scheme (especially since I already have IMDN LE), so will probably get a premium. At least that will give me the opportunity to play the pro before deciding whether to order or not.

#383 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Man Ian, with that next to Maiden you’re gonna be seeing red! (See what I did there?)

#384 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

The feature matrix says nothing about it being motorized...

Read it again. Also in the press release it's described how it works.

#385 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Did they really get the hype right? Seems to have already died off in one day

You are kidding right?

Nah, we know you, and you aren't.

They hype ALWAYS lasts "one day." That's how it is. There's only so many people around to either post "this rules!" or "where's the toys?!" When there's a gameplay reveal there will be fresh hype and we can spend another day on it. And so on and so on. And then the game comes out and everybody is begging for the next reveal. We've been through this a million times.

Why are you playing dumb? The fact is Stern has been through this cycle about THREE TIMES since we've last heard anything new from all the other companies.

That alone shows Stern is doing it right. You get a boom, followed by another boom, followed by a big boom, and then on to the next game. You don't go for a HUGE boom and then don't release a game for a year, which seems to be the general MO from most of the other companies.

#386 5 years ago

Because Jersey jack just fired up production of JJPOTC, and this a great way to steal some sales/buzz away from them.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Stern has done a bunch of things well in this game but I dont think the hype is one of them (when lots of LEs are left after d1 then that is a miss in my book for their likely expectations ala Maiden)..

#388 5 years ago

Says it will contain some sound effects celebrating 80’s pinball. That is a cool idea. Can't wait to hear that.

#389 5 years ago

I'm not running out throwing preorder money but would say Stern has upped their game. No that doesn't mean they are blowing minds with innovative new features. It just means they seem to be putting in a little more effort. Best example of that is service rails. For a while, it seemed like they were phoning it in with recycled layouts, stripped down features, mediocre art, features that didn't work right, and basic code on launch. Most of their games still turned out to be fun but lack a lot of excitement upon release. Speaking for myself, I was losing a lot of interest in Stern titles but that interest has gone way up with the last two releases. I may never buy one but definitely want to play on on location.

#390 5 years ago
Quoted from Kolchak357:

Says it will contain some sound effects celebrating 80’s pinball. That is a cool idea. Can't wait to hear that.

Maybe they pulled some of the sound effects from the "Supreme" pin? that seemed to have some pretty cool retro 80's sounds.

Of course having exceptional artwork helps a lot but overall as an overall package this pin looks like fun! It's been a while since we've had a licensed theme with humor and some originality due to the licensor giving Stern a lot of leeway in what they were allowed to do. I can't wait to play it!

Stern must be doing some things right if Deadpool ends up being the "worst" of their titles released in 2018.

#391 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Maybe they pulled some of the sound effects from the "Supreme" pin? that seemed to have some pretty cool retro 80's sounds.
Of course having exceptional artwork helps a lot but overall as an overall package this pin looks like fun! It's been a while since we've had a licensed theme with humor and some originality due to the licensor giving Stern a lot of leeway in what they were allowed to do. I can't wait to play it!
Stern must be doing some things right if Deadpool ends up being the "worst" of their titles released in 2018.

I hope it blasts right into the Motordome background soundtrack when you get multiball.

#392 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I agree, since they have hired people to actually do that particular job its a good thing its much better.

The communication is better with the "Stern of the Union" but still FAR from what it should be speaking as their target consumer that spends big $$ with them.

For example, how hard would it be for Dwight himself to weigh in on the details of the GB code update versus stating several months ago that "an update will be forthcoming mid summer".

#393 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Because Jersey jack just fired up production of JJPOTC, and this a great way to steal some sales/buzz away from them.

JJP shows how not to do it.

Show game in Oct 2017.

Wait nearly a year before getting it on the line.

Pirates feels like an old game and no one has it yet!

Stern's production line will be busy all year especially with another game ready for expo ( Beatles/Munsters ? ).

#394 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

JJP shows how not to do it.

Stern's production line will be busy all year especially with another game ready for expo ( Beatles ? ).

Munsters...they already have one of the original actors booked to appear at expo, IIRC.

#395 5 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I should have referenced it to how far they have come since 2013-14 time frame, where it was Avengers, TFLE and the like...Now we get LCD DMD, sick-ass art package, not photo-shopped playfield, lockdown bar button becoming standard, unique layout.

#396 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are kidding right?
Nah, we know you, and you aren't.
They hype ALWAYS lasts "one day." That's how it is. There's only so many people around to either post "this rules!" or "where's the toys?!" When there's a gameplay reveal there will be fresh hype and we can spend another day on it. And so on and so on. And then the game comes out and everybody is begging for the next reveal. We've been through this a million times.
Why are you playing dumb? The fact is Stern has been through this cycle about THREE TIMES since we've last heard anything new from all the other companies.
That alone shows Stern is doing it right. You get a boom, followed by another boom, followed by a big boom, and then on to the next game. You don't go for a HUGE boom and then don't release a game for a year, which seems to be the general MO from most of the other companies.

Ironmaiden surely did not die out. That game is still hype. I assume that is the level of hype they are striving for and associated sales?

Quoted from Sinestro:

The leaked photo was Gomez's whitewood.

interesting, I wonder what the story is behind the leak. The original timing of when it circulated was a while ago and seemed to fall in line with timing of JohnT stuff. I was also told at that time is was John T design and honestly some things look that way to me.

#397 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

The game looks aight
Not sure what’s worse. The flat plastic figurines on the Pro or what equates to GI Joes ziptied to the Premium? That’s one of my gripes about LOTR. Shit you not one day I’m removing all those zip tied turds off my LOTR. It’s why I don’t have an Avatar or IM. Not a fan of zip tied GI Joes on pinball games.
Anyway, enough about me. I will say the layout looks different which is good. Bobbleheads are terrible toys to put on an expensive game but Gomez has become more of a finance guy than a designer so it’s semi expected. I like the dude but you can see he is a miser with the toys (sorry Panzer, no toys for you)
If the disco ball does not spin then $4 on Amazon will make Promiums all day long. The feature matrix says nothing about it being motorized...

He built an entire pin around a major toy -- Avengers LE; how did that work out??

Good lord, some of you guys are miserable...Just be happy we have 5+ pinball makers, coming out with exciting and fresh stuff multiple times per year now...No need to be fanboys, reminds me of the Sega/Nintendo console days; you guys are a trip.

#398 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maiden - and TNA for that matter- proved that the "toys" people want are well designed games with good code and art that play well and are on the production line.

100%

#399 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ironmaiden surely did not die out. That game is still hype. I assume that is the level of hype they are striving for and associated sales?

Ghostbusters is STILL selling...they just ran another batch from what I hear.

#400 5 years ago

Here's the thing on this table.. Just like other releases, there's a lot of excitement to see a new game, new art, layout, etc., but I'm not quite sure what to think of this layout until I play it. It seems like there's a lot of nothing new if you strip away the artwork, and I know from experience that this can be good or bad. It can be good like Ironman, or not so good like other fan layouts. I'm going to wait until I play this one to decide (no early ordering for me). And I LOVE the theme.

With Iron Maiden you could just tell the layout was fresh! The four flippers and crazy good playfield made it all worth it to me. This one has be back to "approach with caution" as I've been burned by crappy code and not so exciting gameplay in the past more times than not. People tend to forget about those games when the very last release is as good as Iron Maiden IMO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts
Shooter rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Highland, UT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-so-many-booms/page/8?hl=koos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.