oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg

There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 28.
#301 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Agreed i just end up buying low play huo ones for much less....usually only have wait few months extra..

Yup. Last game I bought was a beautiful HUO Hobbit. Got a great price, avoided shipping/tax...and it was only a few months old. People who blind buy at launch tend to be people who rotate their collections quickly and often. By the time I play Deadpool, if I decide I like it - there will prob be some for sale already.

#302 5 years ago

The artwork looks amazing and the layout seems fun. If they get that upper flipper shot to feel satisfying, this looks like it'll be great.

#303 5 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

The artwork looks amazing and the layout seems fun. If they get that upper flipper shot to feel satisfying, this looks like it'll be great.

#304 5 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

Upper flipper?

#305 5 years ago

Dead Pool looks like fun to me. Locally, we already have a Launch Party on the IFPA calendar. Sept.14th. I sure hope it has Maiden-esque code out of the gate and not BM66-like launch code. I haven't read a whole lot about this game. Who is doing the code?

#306 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Agreed i just end up buying low play huo ones for much less....usually only have wait few months extra..

Of course this is the best strategy

Does Deadpool have the same demand as IMDN did out of the gate? Not likely

Premiums and LEs are gonna get beaten up on the secondary market again if you care about that sort of thing . I really don’t and expect it

500 LEs again? A special LP isn’t gonna get it for me

Gorgeous artwork again of course! Stern is just killing that aspect of pinball

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

A special LP isn’t gonna get it for me

I'm a little curious what people are going to do with the LP's (or cassettes)?

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Listen to them?

#309 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Play them on our record players.....

#310 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Who is doing the code?

Tanio Klyce is lead coder (he was on many game teams in the past, but this is his first time leading).

#311 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Listen to them?

Quoted from jgentry:

Play them on our record players.....

What's a record player?

#312 5 years ago

I love Nolan North, pretty much everything he does. Such a upgrade in voice talent from something like x-men. Cannot wait to play it although I am not in on it. A little too much Avengers/ X-men vibe for me playfield wise.

Stern is on fire, and I could care less about the cute bobble head figure. Man zombie yeti is the bomb.

Not surprised by how much red they used everywhere, yep deadpool.

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

What's a record player?

Whoa bro vinyl is the only way to hear what the musicians actually blah blah blah some pretentious shit blah

#314 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:It's one thing to accuse someone of blindness to the faults of a game/manufacturer they love, that's human nature and we all see it all the time. It's another to accuse them of being a "shill" -- per the internet, that's "an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others." I assume (hope?) you were joking, but still.

All in good fun honestly. I'm not making accusations, I'm being playful. If that wasn't clear I apologize, not my intent. I was just busting balls.

#315 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Upper flipper?

Sorry, ramp. I'm a bit slow today.

#316 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

What's a record player?

Something I listen to in my skinny jeans while combing my beard and chatting with friends about the top ipa beer releases.

#317 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Something I listen to in my skinny jeans while combing my beard and chatting with friends about the top ipa beer releases.

Lmao

#318 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

#319 5 years ago

Aint nuthin wrong with a good IPA!
I'm too fat for skinny jeans and beards are Prison Pussy's.

#320 5 years ago

Hmmm. Might be time for me to get back into the action.

#321 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Aint nuthin wrong with a good IPA!

Then just say all the hipsters drink PBR.

Really you can just add anything you want and it still works somehow.

#322 5 years ago

ok question. premium comes with a cassette, le with a vinyl. i can see the vinylas it's in and all and making a comeback. but does anybody even have a cassette player today? how exactly will you play it? is this some kind of joke by stern? i know spooky sold tna this way too.

#323 5 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

ok question. premium comes with a cassette, le with a vinyl. i can see the vinylas it's in and all and making a comeback. but does anybody even have a cassette player today? how exactly will you play it? is this some kind of joke by stern? i know spooky sold tna this way too.

Gomez stated that all music tracks will be downloadable from Stern's website (he said this on Coast 2 Coast Pinball's podcast). So, you won't necessarily need a vinyl or cassette player to actually listen to the tracks.

#324 5 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Response to TNA is my guess as Pinball Life has TNA cassettes for sale.

#325 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Then just say all the hipsters drink PBR.
Really you can just add anything you want and it still works somehow.

Decaf soy latte with a shot of hazelnut, a sprinkle of cinnamon, teaspoon of honey served in a keep cup at 86 degrees celsius and a biscotti on the side.

#326 5 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

George Gomez stated that all music tracks will be downloadable from Stern's website (he said this on Coast 2 Coast Pinball's podcast). So, you won't necessarily need a vinyl or cassette player to actually listen to the tracks.

Tracks of what? Homemade brew stuff?

#327 5 years ago

Does anyone know of any distributors that have LE's still available at the standard price? A cousin of mine is looking for one. Thank you!

#328 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Decaf soy latte with a shot of hazelnut, a sprinkle of cinnamon, teaspoon of honey served in a keep cup at 86 degrees celsius and a biscotti on the side.

You forgot the Stevia.
shQ5euE (resized).jpgshQ5euE (resized).jpg

#329 5 years ago

Looks like fun. I thought Stern was evil?

#330 5 years ago

My LE is gonna cost a few extra because I now need to buy a record player, gladly.

#331 5 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Tanio Klyce is lead coder (he was on many game teams in the past, but this is his first time leading).

Wasn't he on the team that did the initial code on X-Men?

#332 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wasn't he on the team that did the initial code on X-Men?

Hired April 2013
http://www.pinballnews.com/news/tanio.html

Xmen Released June 2012.
http://www.pinballnews.com/games/xmen/index3.html

#333 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Many people I know have record players - it's not exactly a rarity anymore. LPs have been on a slow but steady comeback for a long time. I've never in my life not had a working record player, but honestly I don't use it much anymore. I still buy an occasional LP as they look great and are cool collector's items but like everybody else I use the code and download the MP3 and listen to that as it's simply so much more convinient.

Cassettes are a total novelty. I seriously don't know anybody who still has a working cassette deck, except for one friend with a 20 year-old GMC that I borrow sometimes for pin moves. I found a bunch of my old tapes and threw them in the glovebox so I can listen to Sabbath and old-school rap when I move a game. I don't really understand cassette collecting even as a novelty as they are incredibly small and the artwork looks bad shrunken down.

#334 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I know this is how prices have been for a bit, but I still get sticker shock when I remember the days when full featured games were $3500 & collectors were SHOCKED at Tron LE being $5000 NIB lol....bonkers! I just barely pulled the trigger when STLE was $7300....now that's a Premium? BONKERS.

I'm out.

#335 5 years ago

Sorry, I got him confused with Waison

#336 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does anyone know of any distributors that have LE's still available at the standard price? A cousin of mine is looking for one. Thank you!

Sure thing Panzer, the old "its for my cousin story"!

You don't have to feel ashamed to buy a pin without a toy. Jk

#337 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I completely agree with you, the only difference is I'm not as forgiving. I don't expect movie quality but I don't excuse 20 year old tech. One step at a time though, they are improving for sure and everything else on this pin looks great. Hopefully they can ship it with decent code. Maybe one day they will have decent graphics on the display. Everyone complains at Houdini for its animation, these looks super low frame rate.

So you don't agree then. His whole argument is the display doesn't add much and the money put into it could be used for gameplay features.. I could be wrong though.

#338 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

CrazyLevi, I look at you like an older better pinball playing second cousin on this forum. But I gotta call a spade a spade. I know you have a few friends at Stern but you go out of your way to Cheerlead. When were you approached to be a shill for Stern on this site? In England with Gary maybe when Star Wars was released? You never have a negative word to say, quite the opposite, and you DON'T BUY THE GAMES! All this could be my imagination

I don't really have anything negative to say about ANYTHING manufacturers put out lately, and I hold back quite a bit as I have friends at almost all of the companies these days. If you are really paying attention you'd notice that.

Why do you want me to bitch about stuff? There's already hundreds of armchair QBs and fanboys doing that already, and they are much more dedicated to it and colorful about it than I would ever be. Like you said, I don't buy the games, I just play them, and I'm not emotionally invested and obsessed with this stuff like the people who are throwing mortgage payments away on them. I think my talents at this particular time are better used pointing out how ridiculous many of the complaints are, and trying to give people some perspective that many here are sorely lacking, both about the games, the business, and buyers' expectations.

If you read between the lines, you know which games I like and which ones I don't, and which games and manufacturers I prefer to others. If you don't, feel free to ask me I'll tell you.

#339 5 years ago

Flat plastic figurines....

Gomez

#340 5 years ago

I'm not too keen on "family friendly" v2.0 Levi.
Where's the barred-from-the-forums, "I'll take that as a maybe" (lol), fist in yer face Levi?
I miss that hellraiser.
Levi 1.0 ftw.

#341 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I know this is how prices have been for a bit, but I still get sticker shock when I remember the days when full featured games were $3500 & collectors were SHOCKED at Tron LE being $5000 NIB lol....bonkers! I just barely pulled the trigger when STLE was $7300....now that's a Premium? BONKERS.

Yep. And as long as people keep paying it, prices will keep on up. People here think $6000 non-MSRP Pros are false. Wait until about 1 year from now. What people paid for a WOZ (nearly), that price will be a Pro. The community will pay it, bite into that shit sandwich, and smile between bites.

#342 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

[quoted image]
Well played Stern, well played...

Now if Deadpool only shouts out "Lionman!" during the Sabretooth mode.

#343 5 years ago

This pin looks awesome, all models...Stern upping their game; artwork is killer, and the layout is different than typical fan layout...Nice.

#344 5 years ago

I have 1 LE left.
If anyone is still looking, send me a PM.

#345 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm not too keen on "family friendly" v2.0 Levi.
Where's the barred-from-the-forums, "I'll take that as a maybe" (lol), fist in yer face Levi?
I miss that hellraiser.
Levi 1.0 ftw.

That Levi was about to get banned for life.

I still gotta sell games here ya know!

#346 5 years ago

Looks great! So happy they got Nolan North as the voice talent.

#347 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Flat plastic figurines....
Gomez

That is just the pro I think.

#348 5 years ago

I'm super excited to hear all the callouts in the game.

#349 5 years ago

I wonder if they have had the vinyl records made already.

I believe there is like a 9-10 month wait to get vinyl pressed because the demand is high, and there are hardly any record plants left. I’ve heard the music guys really need to book their pressings almost a year in advance.

You may be waiting a while for your record ...

rd

#350 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Player One in Canada still has some just come accross the border

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-so-many-booms/page/7?hl=foobeer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.