oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 28.
#251 5 years ago

I am not sure if this stands for double posts or deadpool!?

#252 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Ben's point is that it's a massive shift in the time you have to spend creating content. For something the player hardly looks at when they're playing, it's doing a good job of jacking up prices because of the man hours needed to make it look good.
The shift from alphanumeric to dmd wasn't as drastic. Early on they were mostly numbers/text with some crude animation slapped in now and then. The shift from DMD to LCD is a much larger effort on the content creation end to not have it look terrible.
JJP has done a good job (and has a great size LCD) of making the display gorgeous to work as an attractant to people who aren't actively playing. So at least they're getting that out of it.

I understand his point.

I don't see it as an issue.

Nothing more to say.

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Has no one noticed this on the Pro yet? A plastic of Deadpool in a hammock that swings back & forth instead of the disco ball. Cool idea. Pretty sure a plastic has never been used like that before.
[quoted image]

Good eye! That's neat!

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I understand his point.
I don't see it as an issue.
Nothing more to say.

Agreed, I also want to add that just because the current player isn't looking at it doesn't mean LCDs are wasted. They attract people to come play the game, that I feel is their main purpose.

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I didn't think there'd be so much hate over the 16-bit graphics. I think they look fantastic, and I believe it's a solid art direction. I guess they could've gone with a flip frame comic book style art direction, which probably would've been a better choice, BUT 16-bit style graphics will age gracefully, and it won't date the game as much moving forward.
Also, anyone else notice the pixel art Stern Seawitch in the arcade? Nice easter egg!
[quoted image]

Oh, plus Berzerk and Frenzy! Couple Stern arcade classics. (Yeah, classic Stern made arcade games, too!)

#256 5 years ago

I am digging the art and the unique layout. Can't wait to play it!

Deadpool.gifDeadpool.gif
#257 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Hold on. Let's be clear here. Those graphics are more 16-bit based (think Sega Genesis) than 8-bit (think NES). They look outstanding for what they are. Look at the 16-bit detail on Juggernaut. That's more Mortal Kombat, less Excitebike. Just being clear.
It obviously was a design choice to go that route, since the feature matrix says "video graphics celebrate the style of classic fighting games". You're collecting team-ups & fighting enemies on the LCD like a 90s fighting game, probably by making your lit shots on the playfield. HD Deadpool breaks through the screen to 4th wall you. Sounds like a well executed LCD design for this theme, and probably the best Stern LCD implementation to date. Looks sweet to me.
Mountains out of molehills...
[quoted image]

It might be more apt to say Street Fighter 3 than Mortal Kombat (since MK has digitized images of actual people.)
I know this is super nitpicky, haha, sorry.

#258 5 years ago

Saw on Facebook that Gomez said that the GI lights will go down when the disco ball illumination mode is on.

#259 5 years ago

I can't wait for all the pictures of overly bright blue LEDs shining on all that red once people start "modding".

Now that's out of the way, game looks great. Busy as hell. Thank you Stern for metal ramps. Love the sword lock. Can't wait for our launch party!

#260 5 years ago

The cab artwork looks good on all models. Once again though i feel the pf art is just way too busy. Some good looking animations on there but could have used more space between each character etc to emphasis them more. Still, looks pretty good and can't complain about decent hand drawn art work.

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

Except for multimorphic which I feel doesn't get mentioned too much.

Which proves my point that the LCD is irrelevant to the game. Multimorphic is still trying to sell itself as a platform. People will mention them when they make a phenomenal GAME.

#262 5 years ago

Agreed, I also want to add that just because the current player isn't looking at it doesn't mean LCDs are wasted. They attract people to come play the game, that I feel is their main purpose.

Not sure they do, though. THEME attracts players. A location near me has a mix of old and new. Dialed in, with its giant LCD to attract does the least business. Aerosmith did horribly because theme didn’t pull people in. GOTG, GB, and Twilight Zone are the highest earners. Two horrible games and a classic with a DMD. Theme makes people drop coin. Not display.

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not sure they do, though. THEME attracts players. A location near me has a mix of old and new. Dialed in, with its giant LCD to attract does the least business. Aerosmith did horribly because theme didn’t pull people in. GOTG, GB, and Twilight Zone are the highest earners. Two horrible games and a classic with a DMD. Theme makes people drop coin. Not display.

Go back to EM reels then and save cash!

#264 5 years ago

I noticed a serious bummer:

The pro having only 1, not 2 controlled gates means the left orbit shot always goes straight into the pops, making the Premium/ LE a faster playing game.
So the abundace of the orbit feeding the sword ramp means there is no "left orbit" on the pro at all.

Edit: What does a downvote mean in this case? XD

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Saw on Facebook that Gomez said that the GI lights will go down when the disco ball illumination mode is on.

Does anyone know how the disco ball is mounted? Is it mounted on a rod that rotates or is it hanging? Just curious how the mech works to make it spin. It has to spin right?

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

It has to spin right?

It could jiggle with a coil?

#267 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

It has to spin right?

Well it is "Motorized".

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Which proves my point that the LCD is irrelevant to the game. Multimorphic is still trying to sell itself as a platform. People will mention them when they make a phenomenal GAME.

I don't think it proves anything other than people want a lot of the same things in pinball machines.

You mentioned that there has been no innovation in pinball and I'm saying that there has been plenty.

#269 5 years ago

Video is nice. I could tolerate 15-20% more booms tbh

I'm not a fan of DP's burned facial skin on the translites.

Game needs a nod to hello kitty. Understand there may be legal issues. Could go the indirect route within animations.

hello-kitty-oyes (resized).jpghello-kitty-oyes (resized).jpg
#270 5 years ago

I don't think it proves anything other than people want a lot of the same things in pinball machines.
You mentioned that there has been no innovation in pinball and I'm saying that there has been plenty.

I meant in terms of mechanical features. Engineering never really went beyond what 90’s games like STTNG, Dr.Who, Shadow, MM, TOTAN, etc did with their features. Point being that “DMD games” aren’t defined by their display, but he features of the era.

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Does anyone know how the disco ball is mounted? Is it mounted on a rod that rotates or is it hanging? Just curious how the mech works to make it spin. It has to spin right?

I believe the pictures show a post/rod mounted at the bottom center of the disco ball.

#272 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I noticed a serious bummer:
The pro having only 1, not 2 controlled gates means the left orbit shot always goes straight into the pops, making the Premium/ LE a faster playing game.
So the abundace of the orbit feeding the sword ramp means there is no "left orbit" on the pro at all.

This is Gomez Pro style. TF & Avengers were the same. One way gates instead of 2, and some different ball travel due to different ramps or divertors. It fundamentally changes the gameplay and code logic between the two versions.

#273 5 years ago

I really like the layout and love the art on the Pro. I was not excited about this title weeks ago when the speculation was all over the place, but I really wanna try it asap. Looks like a ton of fun

#274 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This is Gomez Pro style. TF & Avengers were the same. One way gates instead of 2, and some different ball travel due to different ramps or divertors. It fundamentally changes the gameplay and code logic between the two versions.

Didn't notice it to be honest on Transformers. *cough*

I, at the moment, have 2 games at home. A Gomez Johnny Mnemonic, wich plays mostly superfast, wich I like.
And a Bally Atlantis, wich strangely has its drop target bank and pops kinda in the same Spot as Deadpool,... but with 2 one way ramps. So there is no Orbit shot at all.
For me seeing Deadpool is a really coincidental meshup of my "collection" (lol), and I always thought that I'd like Atlantis to have controlled ramps, to make it a far smoother game. (Waiting fo the Ball to bang off the gate everytime, and get out of the pops is so-so.)

Well I just have to see and play...

#275 5 years ago

What’s the street price on premium and le? Feel free to PM.

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Nice art on the pro.
[quoted image]

Pro back glass and cab art look the best, IMO.

#277 5 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

Yeah, I mean... what would Aurich know about pin art?

Honest answer?

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Just been done to death, I would prefer the display has the same art style as the rest of the pin. 8-bit feels like a budget issue but thats just me.

Good it's 16 Bit then.

#279 5 years ago

Looks like another price increase? Hearing pro is 5900
Premium is 7500
Le is 9000
Anyone else hearing this? Crazy

#280 5 years ago

MSRP Pros

SW: $6199
GOTG: $6199
AS: $ 6199

IM: $5999
DP: $5999

Pros are decreasing lately at least.

#281 5 years ago

Is the bobblehead an off-the-shelf item, or molded for this game?

#282 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

MSRP Pros
SW: $6199
GOTG: $6199
AS: $ 6199
IM: $5900
DP: $5900
Pros are decreasing lately at least.

Unfortunately the actual price you get them for keep going up
Sw, gotg, as were around 5300-5400 street price
Iron maiden was 5600-5700
Hearing deadpool is 5900......

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

No way Dp is going to be 5900 street.

#284 5 years ago

The LCD is a HUGE improvement from the Dmd era.

You can still love those games, that's great. And i do.

But to argue that the LCD isn't a big deal on a pin like BM66 is crazy or Alien for that matter, and JJP of course.

You can't charge these prices and offer a Dmd again, end of story. That's how important it is.

#285 5 years ago

CrazyLevi, I look at you like an older better pinball playing second cousin on this forum. But I gotta call a spade a spade. I know you have a few friends at Stern but you go out of your way to Cheerlead. When were you approached to be a shill for Stern on this site? In England with Gary maybe when Star Wars was released? You never have a negative word to say, quite the opposite, and you DON'T BUY THE GAMES! All this could be my imagination

#286 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Good it's 16 Bit then.

To be fair it's good for 8-bit and pretty weak for the 16-bit era. That arcade shot is pretty blurry and leaves a lot to be desired. The hallway one is better but it's got nothing on Street Fighter.

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Agreed. Also isn’t there a FS ad for less than that already?

#288 5 years ago

Most likely going with premium. with taxes, freight,and markup LE deadpool probably gonna cost close to 10k

#289 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

CrazyLevi, I look at you like an older better pinball playing second cousin on this forum. But I gotta call a spade a spade. I know you have a few friends at Stern but you go out of your way to Cheerlead. When were you approached to be a shill for Stern on this site? In England with Gary maybe when Star Wars was released? You never have a negative word to say, quite the opposite, and you DON'T BUY THE GAMES! All this could be my imagination

It's just an example of "everyone hobbies differently'. What's important to some people isn't important to Levi. Levi's just excited that new games are constantly coming out, which means new games to play on location and in tournaments...and since that's what he likes, why would he have anything negative to say when his options are "put quarters in it" or "don't put quarters in it".

If you're buying a game for your home, you're going to be more opinionated as you're gonna be multi-thousands out of pocket.

#290 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

From quotes I got from calling around today, street prices are pretty similar to Iron Maiden (give or take):

PRO: $5595
PREMIUM: $7295
LE $8795

Pros ship late August/early September.

LE ships late September.

Premium ships in October.

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Agreed. Also isn’t there a FS ad for less than that already?

5700 "call for pricing" i bleieve?

#292 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just going with what i was told but its definitely more than iron maiden was which is 5600'-5700.... so 5700-5800 for deadpool?

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

From quotes I got from calling around today, street prices are pretty similar to Iron Maiden (give or take):
PRO: $5495/$5595
LE $8795
LE ships late September.

Guess i need some new distros lol.... was told a few hundred more than you mentioned on each model...

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

PRO: $5495/$5595
LE $8795
LE ships late September.

I know this is how prices have been for a bit, but I still get sticker shock when I remember the days when full featured games were $3500 & collectors were SHOCKED at Tron LE being $5000 NIB lol....bonkers! I just barely pulled the trigger when STLE was $7300....now that's a Premium? BONKERS.

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

ad up for 5700 allready

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

It's one thing to accuse someone of blindness to the faults of a game/manufacturer they love, that's human nature and we all see it all the time. It's another to accuse them of being a "shill" -- per the internet, that's "an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others." I assume (hope?) you were joking, but still.

#297 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Most likely going with premium. with taxes, freight,and markup LE deadpool probably gonna cost close to 10k

Buy out of state and shipping sld b included... le sld be 8800-9000 all in... premium is 7300-7500 all in

#298 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I know this is how prices have been for a bit, but I still get sticker shock when I remember the days when full featured games were $3500 & collectors were SHOCKED at Tron LE being $5000 NIB lol....bonkers! I just barely pulled the trigger when STLE was $7300....now that's a Premium? BONKERS.

and they had a good code nib!

#299 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Agreed i just end up buying low play huo ones for much less....usually only have wait few months extra..

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

and they had a good code nib!

Which ones?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-so-many-booms/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.