oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 28.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Gosh looks ok..
Can somebody say what the play field layout is like? LotR, TF, Avengers (etc?).
Sorry it’s not Lyman (says everyone about every Stern pin).

Appears to have a Aragorn sword lock like shot (but may lock in the handle?), a new take on a Black Widow ramp, and a Legolas shot with a more traditional and closer in ramp.

#102 5 years ago

IMDN was a homerun...if the rules, sounds, and call outs match, GRANDSLAM BABY!

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I don't expect movie quality but I don't excuse 20 year old tech.

Got some bad news for you. Almost everything under the glass is 40 year old tech.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from pfinny:

Just looking at the photos, too much red for me almost gives me a headache looking at it. Can't imagine what it will look like with LED's on and ball moving I don't even think I will be able to play it.

Lol, now games are so red that they cannot be played.

#105 5 years ago

i know some will be negative about the avengers touch, and that BW revamp, but :

in this case, with that open playfield space in the middle, if it works, it will be the main/funiest shot of the game (and than i suppose they have tested it !!!???)
and to be said again : on my avengers, after having tweaked the BW ramp, this was like butter to climb...

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think this whole "main toy" fetish thing has to go. People sound like 8 year olds "I WANT MY TOY!"

FBCB9238-908A-4090-B975-048FEFB581B3 (resized).jpegFBCB9238-908A-4090-B975-048FEFB581B3 (resized).jpeg
#107 5 years ago

Posted elsewhere, but I really hope Deadpool makes fun of Dialed In when he breaks the 4th wall.

Maybe put a sword into the Dialed In mom-jeans guy!

#108 5 years ago

Inital impressions:

1) The artwork is outstanding. Zombie Yeti best artist in the industry period (sorry Dirty Donny).
2) Unique layout. Please more of this type of design Stern! Fan layouts are so overdone.
2) Love all the X-Men characters included. Wolverine, Colossus, Dazzler, Mystque, Cable, Juggernaut. For a huge X-Men fan that wasn't so thrilled with the XMEN machine, this is an awesome option for comics fans.
3) Love the unique use of a plastic on the Pro to replace the disco ball... Deadpool in a swinging hammock. Don't think that's been done before.
4) Sounds like the Prem/LE have an up/down ramp that feeds the right flipper from the left orbit, giving you multiple ways to reach the sword return ramp. I think that is a huge feature, letting you get to the sword from either flipper. On the Pro you can only get there from the left flipper.
5) The voice acting will be outstanding.

Thumbs up Stern!

#109 5 years ago

George mentions in the interview that there will be more to the display than the 80's/90's 2D animations: “The other cool thing is when he breaks the fourth wall to talk to the player, to taunt and insult them, it's going to be a high-res Deadpool. Imagine that the action on screen, If he's in a horrendous fight against a bunch of ninjas, everything will freeze frame. Deadpool will come out on screen and say something to the player, in Deadpool fashion.”

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Got some bad news for you. Almost everything under the glass is 40 year old tech.

Good thing the LCD is not under the glass

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Tanio Klyce is lead.

that is awesome news!

I have spoken with him a few times and super nice guy that likely is going to bring in some new code ideas!!!!

congrats Tanio!

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Inital impressions:

1) The artwork is outstanding. Zombie Yeti best artist in the industry period (sorry Dirty Donny).
2) Unique layout. Please more of this type of design Stern! Fan layouts are so overdone.
2) Love all the X-Men characters included. Wolverine, Colossus, Dazzler, Mystque, Cable, Juggernaut. For a huge X-Men fan that wasn't so thrilled with the XMEN machine, this is an awesome option for comics fans.

You've got two twos Hoaky!

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Posted elsewhere, but I really hope Deadpool makes fun of Dialed In when he breaks the 4th wall.
Maybe put a sword into the Dialed In mom-jeans guy!

Unless this plays very, very well, it would not be smart to draw comparisons to Dialed In, even in jest.

#114 5 years ago

Per feature matrix...... sound effects reminiscent of 80's pinball.

YES PLEASE!

#115 5 years ago

Looks really interesting. First thoughts:

-Art is amazing, yet for pinball - very busy. Doesn't really draw your eye to the shots like pinball art usually does. We'll see how it looks in person.

-The Bobblehead is funny...while a simple toy, I think the execution is appealing and I'm sure funny quotes will go along with every hit.

-I like the sword ramp...basically like LOTR, but with locks in the handle which is new and cool looking.

-Good that they got a good actor for Deadpool, but what about the rest of the characters? Will they be from the "Boballee Bobo" dumpster?

-That orbit-to-ramp shot is really cool, but will the geometry & assembly be so 100% that it works every single time, or are we gonna see some frustrating ramp-clunk there?

-Will the rules be fun or confusing?

As always, will have to play first to have a real opinion. First game I'm actually interested in in a long time. Humor/sound package could make or break it.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I actually really like the look of the game, but the upgrades from the Pro to the Premium/LE sound kinda basic compared to other titles...
'The Premium and Limited Edition models feature an additional 8 drop targets, motorized disco ball with disco illumination effects, custom molded Wolverine and Dazzler action figures, and with a custom molded chimichanga truck time machine. In addition, these models include an actuated up/down ramp that feeds the right flipper from the left orbit, keeping the action continuous and fast. All Premium models will include a custom “Deadpool’s Mix Tape” cassette featuring 11 original music tracks with sleeve art by Zombie Yeti.'

In the world of pinball that's not so bad for 1,400

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

This is probably a newbie question, but what makes this not a fan layout?

PS: I've thought the hate for fan layouts was overrated, but perhaps I don't even really understand what the term means.

#118 5 years ago

Just curious but how are you supposed to hit the Colossal Jackpot standup target? It's hidden on the left backside of the Lil Deadpool area, just below the lowest pop. How can you hit that, other than from a lucky bounce? Interesting.

dp-le-details-19_0 (resized).jpgdp-le-details-19_0 (resized).jpg

#119 5 years ago

I think it's a really big deal to get 2 4 bank drop targets for the main reason of "they are funnerer to shoot than non-fun standups"

Changes the whole feel of the game (without playing it , i can still predict this)

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Unless this plays very, very well, it would not be smart to draw comparisons to Dialed In, even in jest.

It couldn't be worse.

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Just curious but how are you supposed to hit the Colossal Jackpot standup target? It's hidden on the left backside of the Lil Deadpool area, just below the lowest pop. How can you hit that, other than from a lucky bounce? Interesting.
[quoted image]

To the right of the left ramp, and the left of the scoop is a "horseshoe" loop but goes about 270 degrees, comes out sideways under the left ramp and can hit the mini standup for Colossal Jackpot.

DP2 (resized).pngDP2 (resized).png

#124 5 years ago

Rare, you get a thumbs up for bringing up voice acting and not citing Beast on X-men, well done.

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Inital impressions:
3) Love the unique use of a plastic on the Pro to replace the disco ball... Deadpool in a swinging hammock. Don't think that's been done before.
4) Sounds like the Prem/LE have an up/down ramp that feeds the right flipper from the left orbit, giving you multiple ways to reach the sword return ramp. I think that is a huge feature, letting you get to the sword from either flipper. On the Pro you can only get there from the left flipper.
5) The voice acting will be outstanding.
Thumbs up Stern!

Quoted for positivity!

#126 5 years ago

I hope the GI goes dark for the disco ball effect.

Could be like the red starfield projector on Star Trek, but better.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

In the world of pinball that's not so bad for 1,400

Over here the difference is £2,200, which works out to $2,850...

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Rare, you get a thumbs up for bringing up voice acting and not citing Beast on X-men, well done.

Shittybeast

#129 5 years ago

Looks sweet, now it's...

How far along is the code? Will it ship near v1.0?

Any direct audio/video out links yet? Would love for an HDMI out for the LCD.

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from soapblox:

Looks sweet, now it's...
How far along is the code? Will it ship near v1.0?
Any direct audio/video out links yet? Would love for an HDMI out for the LCD.

A bunch of stuff nobody has answers to or access to yet.

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

This is probably a newbie question, but what makes this not a fan layout?
PS: I've thought the hate for fan layouts was overrated, but perhaps I don't even really understand what the term means.

I think one important thing for fans is that all the shots are at a similar distance. This has some shots way in the back and that loop around, etc.

#132 5 years ago

Looks fun.

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I can’t stop looking at how awesome the shots look.
The two design concerns I have:
Will r orbit lock rail properly send ball up ramp?
And will there be stuck balls behind drop #3 after having cleared drops 1 and 2?[quoted image]

America's Most Deadpool.

#134 5 years ago

I commented on the other thread I wasn't really blown away...but a lot more to like posted in this thread.

#135 5 years ago

http://www.sternpinball.com/games/deadpool ... all the goodies including the feature list.

#136 5 years ago

Looks amazing. Artwork is a slam dunk, and I think the LCD looks great. Love how they have had complete creative freedom by going with the comics. Cautiously excited

#137 5 years ago

Think I'd remove the bobblehead if i buy it and stash it in the coin box.

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

8-bit feels like a budget issue but thats just me.

8 bit animations take more time, and are harder, than plenty of high rez tricks, so let's please not let this turn into a thing. If you don't like the style that's fine, but it isn't about 'cheaping out', ever.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Think I'd remove the bobblehead if i buy it and stash it in the coin box.

Replace it with a nice floppy suction dildo? Would be on brand.

#140 5 years ago

Game looks really cool and original. I'm excited to play it. My only concern is that right outlane. Hopefully it's not a big blind spot when you are nudging over the sling. Small potatoes really, just wondering.

#141 5 years ago

I like the opening animation with the Seawitch pinball in the background. I think it's cool to show the companies history and have a small retro touch there. Like in Ghostbusters when they drew in the Star Gazer machine on the firehouse window. I like those subtle nods to the past to not forget how far they've come.

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Replace it with a nice floppy suction dildo?

Ha yeah could do that. I mean I'd have to buy a new one though.

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

How soon will le ship?

This morning Zach Sharpe (dir of marketing) sent email to Stern Army members that 9/14 weekend is weekend of Pro launch parties. This means that he expects within reason that pro buyers would all have their pro’s by then. I asked about LEs and haven’t heard back yet, he usually responds within 24 hrs.

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

8 bit animations take more time, and are harder, than plenty of high rez tricks, so let's please not let this turn into a thing. If you don't like the style that's fine, but it isn't about 'cheaping out', ever.

Agreed.

Gomez also said that Deadpool will become High Def when he breaks the 4th wall and talks to the player.

#145 5 years ago

I just love the artwork and look of the game. Put Zombie Yeti on WWE Vault Edition and people might be excited for it.

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well I've been in gaming for a long time and I can assure you this style is much cheaper to implement. The idea that it takes more time or costs more is laughable. It has a serious cost savings, I have no idea if Stern made the decision based on this but it most certainly is a factor.

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Well I've been in gaming for a long time and I can assure you this style is much cheaper to implement. The idea that it takes more time or costs more is laughable. It has a serious cost savings, I have no idea if Stern made the decision based on this but it most certainly is a factor.

To get it right takes time....doing it cheap is doing it shitty.

The game will have a mix of retro and high def graphics. It wasn't to be cheap.

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Yeah, I mean... what would Aurich know about pin art?

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

To get it right takes time....doing it cheap is doing it shitty.
The game will have a mix of retro and high def graphics. It wasn't to be cheap.

Well I hope the end result is amazing. In this very limited early video the animation does not look good. This quality level is probably good enough for most pin heads. Just for me personally, I have spent a most of my life making video games and I set the bar a little higher.

#150 5 years ago

Hold on. Let's be clear here. Those graphics are more 16-bit based (think Sega Genesis) than 8-bit (think NES). They look outstanding for what they are. Look at the 16-bit detail on Juggernaut. That's more Mortal Kombat, less Excitebike. Just being clear.

It obviously was a design choice to go that route, since the feature matrix says "video graphics celebrate the style of classic fighting games". You're collecting team-ups & fighting enemies on the LCD like a 90s fighting game, probably by making your lit shots on the playfield. HD Deadpool breaks through the screen to 4th wall you. Sounds like a well executed LCD design for this theme, and probably the best Stern LCD implementation to date. Looks sweet to me.

Mountains out of molehills...

jugg (resized).pngjugg (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-so-many-booms/page/3?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.