oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 28.
#1301 5 years ago

You can also wax your ramps and they will be slick as snot for awhile. I made this mistake on my AS and i had balls flying off the ramp like crazy. I'll never make that mistake again!

#1302 5 years ago

I believe Photo Shoot used to be pictures of the designers in attract. May be a camera but maybe not.

#1303 5 years ago

Had a chance last night to watch the premium stream and I think the pro is the way to go on this one. The disco ball & the lift ramp didn’t add much excitement for me personally. The drop targets are the only thing I would want and I’m sure that the guy who does the total lightshow will make a guide/kit for making drops happen on the pronas he did with ac/dc

#1304 5 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Its a little odd they haven't put full RGB lighting in Prem/LE, seemed to be a fairly standard differentiator which is missing on this one. Pros only just arriving in UK so will be a while before any Prem/LE turns up for a live comparison

The disco mod would have been off the charts if the game had full RGB. Big miss for the Stern boys.

#1305 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

The disco mod would have been off the charts if the game had full RGB. Big miss for the Stern boys.

Yeah that would have been awesome! Sure we will see plenty of disco ball mods though.

Are the shot inserts RGB? didn’t notice in the stream if anything else was.

#1306 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Capture (resized).PNG

That just means that it is a water based solution, right? All water will speed corrosion if it stays in direct contact with a metal surface. Like rotordave said, I wouldn't soak ramps or other parts in SG for a hardcore restoration, but to wipe the ball trails and rubber dust from a HUO machine seems ok to me. I spray a small amount on the rag and wipe everything down...then a separate cloth for drying. SG hasn't rusted my metal appliances, and they get cleaned with it multiple times a week...much more often than the pin gets cleaned.

I'm thinking that wording is on the bottle for people who don't know that water will rust metal. Just like the warning for those people who don't know they shouldn't drink shampoo!

#1307 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

That just means that it is a water based solution, right? All water will speed corrosion if it stays in direct contact with a metal surface. Like rotordave said, I wouldn't soak ramps or other parts in SG for a hardcore restoration, but to wipe the ball trails and rubber dust from a HUO machine seems ok to me. I spray a small amount on the rag and wipe everything down...then a separate cloth for drying. SG hasn't rusted my metal appliances, and they get cleaned with it multiple times a week...much more often than the pin gets cleaned.
I'm thinking that wording is on the bottle for people who don't know that water will rust metal. Just like the warning for those people who don't know they shouldn't drink shampoo!

When H.E.P. mentioned this to me, I looked into it. At least w/respect to orange cleaners. Apparently the skin of the orange cleans well and is not corrosive, but the insides of the orange is corrosive. Live and learn!

You can read about it here: https://www.fs.fed.us/t-d/pubs/pdfpubs/pdf06732319/pdf06732319dpi72.pdf

Didn't mean to hijack the thread away from DP!

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#1308 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Didn't mean to hijack the thread away from DP!

Taking it back to topic...if I get a Deadpool Premium (totally on the fence), I'll clean it with an orange based cleaner!!

#1309 5 years ago

I bought a Deadpool Pro a few weeks ago. I have about 100 games on it. Can someone tell me when I'm supposed to do my first Gomez oil change?

Sorry had to do it.

Great game fantastic job by stern. No problem hitting any of the shots. Needs more code but it will come in time.

oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpgoil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg

#1310 5 years ago

Some people were using plexus on the avengers bw ramp with good success. I use carnuba on ramps.

#1311 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Even without the blackout mod it is still much more visible than the Deadpool mirrorball based off of the video shown. As TMwilson said though and he has a good point, it may have looked more faint due to the amount of lighting they used to make the video.

Not really. It covered more area, but the intensity of the red light didn't do it any favors. Deadpool has reflective mirror light, much brighter, and can escape the game and hit the walls in a dark room.

#1312 5 years ago

How do you see this deadpool board? Do you think the playfield protector is necessary?

#1313 5 years ago

For home use a playfield protector is a waste

Quoted from mannymasy:

How do you see this deadpool board? Do you think the playfield protector is necessary?

#1314 5 years ago

The lack of RGB LEDs is really surprising. What’s the marginal cost? ST prem has it and that’s four years old already.

#1315 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Para uso doméstico, un protector de campo de juego es un desperdicio

ok, I'll think about it then ... thanks

#1316 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Thoughts on this feature in the settings menu? Is it possible Deadpool topper will have a camera similar to Dialed in or JJ Pirates?
[quoted image]

Or it's just for taking pictures of the game itself. Getaway had a similar setting.

Rob

#1317 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

The lack of RGB LEDs is really surprising.

Is it really? A> This is Stern and B> The BoM already had to support a 15 cent disco ball and a $1 sub-FunkoPop deadpool character. What money was left for RGB leds and a controller?

But I'm sure it makes JJP, AP, Spooky, etc very happy that Stern does this when their pins are full RGB. Easy point of differentiation.

#1318 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The BoM already had to support a 15 cent disco ball

In Sterns defence at least their disco ball looked to spin on a perfect vertical axis and doesn’t look like all the exterior plastic/glass is going to fall off.

Saw a disco ball mod posted the other day and it was f’in terrible, wobbled all over the place as it spun, leds exposed around the base and the glass/plastic reflective exterior looked like it had been stuck on by a 3 year old in pre school.

#1319 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is it really? A> This is Stern and B> The BoM already had to support a 15 cent disco ball and a $1 sub-FunkoPop deadpool character. What money was left for RGB leds and a controller?
But I'm sure it makes JJP, AP, Spooky, etc very happy that Stern does this when their pins are full RGB. Easy point of differentiation.

Agreed... at this point in time most /every new pin sld have all rgb inserts at least.

#1320 5 years ago

Star Trek Premium turned out to be such a funny exception, maybe Ritchie gets more juice with his games. Full RGB LEDs on every damn insert and really nice pearl powder coat with lollipop rails. Now the prices have gone up and the Premiums tend to not have much RGB if any, and the standard black powdercoat with basic side rails.

I haven't bought a new Stern since my Star Trek Prem, so maybe I'm forgetting some other exceptions, but it's definitely the only one I can think of with all of that in one package. Am I missing anything?

#1321 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Star Trek Premium turned out to be such a funny exception, maybe Ritchie gets more juice with his games. Full RGB LEDs on every damn insert and really nice pearl powder coat with lollipop rails. Now the prices have gone up and the Premiums tend to not have much RGB if any, and the standard black powdercoat with basic side rails.
I haven't bought a new Stern since my Star Trek Prem, so maybe I'm forgetting some other exceptions, but it's definitely the only one I can think of with all of that in one package. Am I missing anything?

GoT Prem has full RGB, but no powdercoated rails. It looked like the new standard until Stern backed off to just a smattering of RGB. Booo.

#1322 5 years ago

I'm not following other Deadpool threads, so in case you haven't seen this yet ...

Maybe you can zoom in to read it.

FB_IMG_1536455078218 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1536455078218 (resized).jpg
#1323 5 years ago

Just played Deadpool for the first time on location. Its genuinely a good game. And the art direction on the LCD finally feels cohesive, as it’s not just a bunch of haphazardly edited movie clips. It’s got satisfying shots, and actual humor that made me laugh several times—something that’s definitely been lacking on newer sterns.

#1324 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I'm not following other Deadpool threads, so in case you haven't seen this yet ...
Maybe you can zoom in to read it.
[quoted image]

Where do u get a copy of this poster?

#1325 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Where do u get a copy of this poster?

Hit the print button???
I don't know. I copied it for here from our Facebook Pinball League page.

#1326 5 years ago

Deadpool is a breath of fresh air in my collection. All my friends and family have all had a great time playing with smiles.
Happy to have picked this pin up!

#1327 5 years ago

GOTG Premium is also all RGB.

#1328 5 years ago

I’m a newbie who is doing his best to decipher all the abbreviations used on the forum but failing on translating “RBG.” Anyone willing to help me out?

#1329 5 years ago
Quoted from Valyrian_Stahl:

I’m a newbie who is doing his best to decipher all the abbreviations used on the forum but failing on translating “RBG.” Anyone willing to help me out?

RGB is referring to a red/green/blue LED bulb that can produce a wide variety of colors. It allows the game's lighting to change color dynamically. Some games will have the inserts change colors to make the shots you need to hit more clear or they'll change the color of the game's general illumination to match a mood or feeling.

#1330 5 years ago

Thank you!

#1331 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

RGB is referring to a red/green/blue LED bulb that can produce a wide variety of colors. It allows the game's lighting to change color dynamically. Some games will have the inserts change colors to make the shots you need to hit more clear or they'll change the color of the game's general illumination to match a mood or feeling.

Valyrian,

Adding to Jar's comments: By using RGB and varying each color's intensity, you can create other colors. Don't know if Stern does this or not. Your TV works on the same concept - there's three closely space (and very small) RGB colors that create other color variations the same way.

#1332 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Valyrian,
Adding to Jar's comments: By using RGB and varying each color's intensity, you can create other colors. Don't know if Stern does this or not. Your TV works on the same concept - there's three closely space (and very small) RGB colors that create other color variations the same way.

Stern has used different quality RGB lights on the same title. For instance, the Pro Star Trek shot inserts could only form a few colors, while all of the inserts on the Premium could make millions.

#1333 5 years ago

Damn no Edmonton on the list! Calgary though grrrr...

#1334 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern has used different quality RGB lights on the same title. For instance, the Pro Star Trek shot inserts could only form a few colors, while all of the inserts on the Premium could make millions.

Not really. - Sam System was not made for LED, so when Star Trek Pro uses the multicolour lights the LED is propably just getting adressed as an asset of multiple lights. Premium/ LE has a completely different light managemant & mainboard. When you get Klingon Multiball in the Pro you can hear the relais working to activate the flashers. In the Premium/ LE you hear nothing.

#1335 5 years ago

Pro came in today and have to say even the Mrs is playing it and she's not into pinball much at all. Both kids 9 & 7yr olds love it as its a fresh title they know right now (no they aren't aloud to watch the movies yet haha). Im still dialing in the pitch and setup but it shoots pretty nice so far. I can definetely see myself going for a Prem at some point as I think the added loop flow will really make this an A shooter. Art is just fantastic, Zombie FTW again and again. Im trying to update to latest code ATM and cant wait to see this game evolve with code updates. Will be a sad day when this goes on route..unless its replaced by an LE or Prem haha.

#1336 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Not really. - Sam System was not made for LED, so when Star Trek Pro uses the multicolour lights the LED is propably just getting adressed as an asset of multiple lights. Premium/ LE has a completely different light managemant & mainboard. When you get Klingon Multiball in the Pro you can hear the relais working to activate the flashers. In the Premium/ LE you hear nothing.

Pro has different RGB lights. They are incapable of producing orange, as an example.

This was well documented in an old thread about Star Trek, one in which Aurich was beta testing the 1.6 code, and having discussions with Dwight Sullivan.

#1337 5 years ago

I often wondered that too, so I checked the manuals. Well either the manual is wrong or I don't believe it. According the manual both PRO and LE/PREMIUM have the same RGB LEDS but obviously the PRO doesn't use available colors on non-shotmap shots and only 8 colors on the shot map.
I think the programming is responsible for the color choices. Perhaps Dwight said the PRO is programmed for 8 colors and therefore unable to display orange for example?

page10
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/star-trek/pro/1536/Star%20Trek%20Pro%20Manual.pdf

page 6
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/star-trek/le/1534/Star%20Trek%20LE%20Manual.pdf

Quoted from Sinestro:

Pro has different RGB lights. They are incapable of producing orange, as an example.
This was well documented in an old thread about Star Trek, one in which Aurich was beta testing the 1.6 code, and having discussions with Dwight Sullivan.

#1338 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

You got it wrong.

The LED itself can do orange but the boards can't produce the signal for it do do so.
Every R-G-B calbe only goes full/ the same power, so you can only have red, green, blue, yellow, magenta, cyan and white.

If you want to do orange you have to be able adjust the voltage on the different RGB channels.
Pro can not do this.

But if the LED can produce red and green (wich is yellow) it can also produce orange.
You just have to 'dim' the green. But Pro Model can't shine R, G and B at different luminences, wich is not fault of the led but of the board unable to adjust the voltages.
http _www.face2image.de_Additive_Farbmischung_ferti (resized).jpghttp _www.face2image.de_Additive_Farbmischung_ferti (resized).jpg

Edit: Oh and, the single mounted RGB-LED in the Premium/LE have the same part number then the Pro. Case closed.

#1339 5 years ago

Deadpool Pro launch party is this Friday night in AZ @ Tilt, looking forward to checking it out. Sounds like everyone is enjoying their games so far!

A question on setup - I heard the 7 degree pitch front to back, is that aligned to where the bubble level in the shooting lane needs to be at or does it require further adjustment to where it doesn't look level in that bubble level??

#1340 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Aurich was beta testing the 1.6 code, and having discussions with Dwight Sullivan

lol that was another era, before my name became mud at Stern

#1341 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

One too many kamikaze attacks on licensed theme pins?!?

#1342 5 years ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

A question on setup - I heard the 7 degree pitch front to back, is that aligned to where the bubble level in the shooting lane needs to be at or does it require further adjustment to where it doesn't look level in that bubble level??

the top of the bubble on the top line is about 7 deg on mine. I also added superbands and the shot is pretty reliable

#1343 5 years ago

I want proof that the katana lock is reliable for anybody. And let's be clear: 50% isn't reliable. 75% isn't reliable. Reliable would be for a shot to hit home on a clean hit almost every single time. It should be a surprise when a shot doesn't go for it to be deemed reliable.

Go look at the last Dead Flip stream. Did anybody start Ninja Multiball? I turned it off after quite a while, but there were probably more ricochet shots that went through than actual intended shots. You know that game was set up to be the best representation of the game possible. If I remember, they struggled with it on the PAPA stream too.

People are talking setup and tweaks. Has anybody done anything to make it actually reliable? Not reliable in the "oh, that's a little better" sense, but in the actual definition of the word reliable? If so, what was the trick?

#1344 5 years ago

I've played this game a bunch the last couple of days.

My impression is it's standard Stern fare, not among their best but should be a good location game. I'm not a huge fan of the playfield design, it's got some of that signature late-model Gomez clunk, most namely the sword ramp, which is a bit of a crapshoot whether or not you'll make it, and especially the area to the left of the scoop. Not sure exactly what's going on up there. Basically whenever I expect the game to flow, it doesn't.

Rules, animation, sound, art is all pretty cool. If you are a big Deadpool fan (I'm not) you'd probably be happy with it.

#1345 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I want proof that the katana lock is reliable for anybody. And let's be clear: 50% isn't reliable. 75% isn't reliable. Reliable would be for a shot to hit home on a clean hit almost every single time.

My game does shoot very smoothly.
But even with that, just because I hit the lower enterance to the right ramp does not mean it’s always going to make it.
I did pull the glass off and shot the ramp by hand from as close to the same location as possible each time and the shot flowed 100% of the time.
There is a lot of geometry going on with a huge amount of variables with ball bounce and what location it leaves the flipper at when shooting with the flipper.
On mine if I hit the lower guides too fast the ball will bounce between the guides making it rattle in the guide and does not make it. Hitting the lower guide at a medium speed seems to be the golden ticket.

It is a hard shot to make correctly. Some machines might be better then others.
This guy slightly tweaked his guide ramp to improve his shots. His post is half way down the page.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/6#post-4580338

Because my machine is so great it’s a bummer hearing others not making the shots, with some adjustments on poorly setup machines it can shoot amazingly!
After playing a good one I’m sure you’ll dig this game.

#1346 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You got it wrong.
The LED itself can do orange but the boards can't produce the signal for it do do so.
Every R-G-B calbe only goes full/ the same power, so you can only have red, green, blue, yellow, magenta, cyan and white.
If you want to do orange you have to be able adjust the voltage on the different RGB channels.
Pro can not do this.
But if the LED can produce red and green (wich is yellow) it can also produce orange.
You just have to 'dim' the green. But Pro Model can't shine R, G and B at different luminences, wich is not fault of the led but of the board unable to adjust the voltages.
[quoted image]
Edit: Oh and, the single mounted RGB-LED in the Premium/LE have the same part number then the Pro. Case closed.

Semantics. The end result was that the lights couldn't produce the plethora of colors that the Pro could. That was my point.

#1347 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Semantics. The end result was that the lights couldn't produce the plethora of colors that the Pro could. That was my point.

Sounds more like schematics than semantics.

#1348 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Sounds more like schematics than semantics.

#1349 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Considering all the stress working for Heighway gave you, was it worth it?

#1350 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I want proof that the katana lock is reliable for anybody. And let's be clear: 50% isn't reliable. 75% isn't reliable. Reliable would be for a shot to hit home on a clean hit almost every single time. It should be a surprise when a shot doesn't go for it to be deemed reliable

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-so-many-booms/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.