oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 28.
#1251 5 years ago

Nice to see the LE/premium version but code still seems way early in general to tell how the features/lightshows will be integrated. I look forward to playing to feel how the ramp/diverter impacts game.

#1252 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

For those that saw the stream: the light show not better on the premium? What stands out to you guys as the main differences between the pro and premium game play size?

Not much in the lighting department other than the disco ball effect. It has a little more flow but i dont see much worth the huge cost difference. The drop targets are nice but not needed... like acdc pro to premium.

#1253 5 years ago

The Premium looked alot brighter on the stream. However if you noticed when the game went dark between players the playfield in the center of the game stays bright. Stern did a great job positioning spot lights on the playfield for the stream. Deadpool pro is a dark game and I did not get to see truthfully if the Premium was much brighter. 4th wall coded for game tilt was great. This game with the right amount of polish could be one to watch. So much work went into making this game. There is still alot more to go. The one thing I could not understand is when gomez said make sure to use a fresh coat of wax and use wd40 on the ramps. Looking at the Premium in the video they looked very slick however I would never put that on any of my games. It must do strange things to the playfields. Please let me know if I'm missing something.

#1254 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

The one thing I could not understand is when gomez said make sure to use a fresh coat of wax and use wd40 on the ramps. Looking at the Premium in the video they looked very slick however I would never put that on any of my games. It must do strange things to the playfields. Please let me know if I'm missing something.

I would absolutely NOT recommend using WD-40 in a pinball machine anywhere. A user used to promote using it on the BYOAC forums several years ago. When others tried it, they came back disappointed with sticky dust being present in their games. Also, it's flammable...

#1255 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I would absolutely NOT recommend using WD-40 in a pinball machine anywhere. A user used to promote using it on the BYOAC forums several years ago. When others tried it, they came back disappointed with sticky dust being present in their games. Also, it's flammable...

Yeah I was surprised when I heard George say use WD40 on the ramps, I honestly thought he was joking!?

I will wax the ramps, WD40 won’t ever go anywhere near a pin of mine.

#1256 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yeah i couldn't believe he said that either, i was like what? I even played it over and listened to it again to make sure that i heard him right. Then he was talking about the playfield angle and said something like put your playfield incline at 7 degrees. It plays best at 6.5 but its a little floaty or something to that nature. Whatever he said it didnt make sense unless i heard him wrong.

#1257 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

The Premium looked alot brighter on the stream. However if you noticed when the game went dark between players the playfield in the center of the game stays bright.

Don't forget ASOA that Dead Flip uses extremely bright lighting when he streams.

#1258 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah i couldn't believe he said that either, i was like what? I even played it over and listened to it again to make sure that i heard him right. Then he was talking about the playfield angle and said something like put your playfield incline at 7 degrees. It plays best at 6.5 but its a little floaty or something to that nature. Whatever he said it didnt make sense unless i heard him wrong.

From memory (ignoring the WD40 comment) George said the game plays best at 7 degrees it’s a little floaty at 6.5.

But that seems to be common with his designs, BM66 needs to be at least 7 degrees otherwise it’s a little floaty, plus Gomez makes fast ramps the ones on BM66 are super fast and that left ramp on DP is back at the flipper before you can blink.

#1259 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

You have to give a little credit to the humor from the 90s... MM, AFM, MB, SS all had some pretty great lines that make you smirk while you play.

AFM was the only one at that was funny for the first 3 plays then got old real quick. SS one play and I was ready to go on a killing spree.

See this is the thing, Family Guy to me the pin or show or Ted whatever is just not funny at all. Never got it. Then again I like oldschool more than the newer terrible humor of today. I'll take Arthur over Ron Burgundy and Archie Bunker over Family guy. I do enjoy the expolits of Sheldon Cooper but thats mostly for his distain of the human race. Listen this pin would have been funny if it had lines and clips from the films but even those would get old, thats pinball.

#1260 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

From memory (ignoring the WD40 comment) George said the game plays best at 7 degrees it’s a little floaty at 6.5.

Yes that would make sense but i dont think that's what he said. I knew what he meant but i think he said something else. Not a big deal but i was like huh? Anyway, Deadpool doesn't look too bad. The theme isnt for me but i wouldn't mind playing it a few times.

#1261 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes that would make sense but i dont think that's what he said. I knew what he meant but i think he said something else. Not a big deal but i was like huh? Anyway, Deadpool doesn't look too bad. The theme isnt for me but i wouldn't mind playing it a few times.

Haha I have no idea now what he said, that’s how I interpreted it, I was a little thrown off with the whole WD40 comment, maybe that’s why neither of us can recall exactly what he said, both sat there scratching our heads haha.

#1262 5 years ago

I put Baby oil on my ramps.

I also filled my katana ball lock with whipped cream. #justdoit at all costs.

#1263 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not much in the lighting department other than the disco ball effect. It has a little more flow but i dont see much worth the huge cost difference. The drop targets are nice but not needed... like acdc pro to premium.

Its a little odd they haven't put full RGB lighting in Prem/LE, seemed to be a fairly standard differentiator which is missing on this one. Pros only just arriving in UK so will be a while before any Prem/LE turns up for a live comparison

#1264 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I put Baby oil on my ramps.
I also filled my katana ball lock with whipped cream. #justdoit at all costs.

I’d rather put whipped cream on my ramps than WD40

#1265 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Do it! LOL..

#1266 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Banger always suggests putting whipped cream on your balls.

#1267 5 years ago

I have to admit I’m slightly tempted

#1268 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Banger always suggests putting whipped cream on your balls.

George should make that a recommendation during his next stream, would make a lot more sense than WD40 on your ramps

#1269 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

George should make that a recommendation during his next stream, would make a lot more sense than WD40 on your ramps

I do WD40 on my ramps.

I wipe it off immediately, but it prevents rust, cleans and gives it a nice shine.

#1270 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I do WD40 on my ramps.
I wipe it off immediately, but it prevents rust, cleans and gives it a nice shine.

noted to never buy a game from you...

sorry but any flamable lubricant is a no-no.
The balls will carry it everywhere in the game and gunk crap up.

Novus to clean when needed, 100% carnuba wax to protect and make it shine, ONLY lub at metal pivots and VERY VERY sparingly. Best case to be clear to noobs is NEVER lube anything on a pinball machine. It simply is not needed and will cause issues.

#1271 5 years ago

anyone knows at what time in the video the disco ball effect can be seen ?

#1272 5 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

anyone knows at what time in the video the disco ball effect can be seen ?

Jump to 56:30

#1273 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

noted to never buy a game from you...
sorry but any flamable lubricant is a no-no.
The balls will carry it everywhere in the game and gunk crap up.
Novus to clean when needed, 100% carnuba wax to protect and make it shine, ONLY lub at metal pivots and VERY VERY sparingly. Best case to be clear to noobs is NEVER lube anything on a pinball machine. It simply is not needed and will cause issues.

Did you read that "wipe it of" part?

And I do it when taking the machine apart and the ramps are out, in part of the process.

#1274 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Haha I have no idea now what he said, that’s how I interpreted it, I was a little thrown off with the whole WD40 comment, maybe that’s why neither of us can recall exactly what he said, both sat there scratching our heads haha.

That whole segment was in jest.... the waxing, angle, wd40...

#1275 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Did you read that "wipe it of" part?
And I do it when taking the machine apart and the ramps are out, in part of the process.

Why use WD40 at all when there are so many better options? I guess if you really are using it solely as a rust remover and are then able to wipe all of it off that's OK. But then you're getting no lasting lubricant/polish effect. Which is fitting, since it's not designed to be a lubricant or a polish and is poorly suited for those purposes because it attracts both moisture and dirt.

#1276 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Why use WD40 at all when there are so many better options? I guess if you really are using it solely as a rust remover and are then able to wipe all of it off that's OK. But then you're getting no lasting lubricant/polish effect. Which is fitting, since it's not designed to be a lubricant or a polish and is poorly suited for those purposes because it attracts both moisture and dirt.

It's amazing how many people think WD40 is a lubricant.

#1277 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

It's amazing how many people think WD40 is a lubricant.

The product began from a search for a rust preventative solvent and degreaser to protect missile parts. WD-40 was created in 1953 by three technicians at the San Diego Rocket Chemical Company. Its name comes from the project that was to find a “water displacement” compound. They were successful with the fortieth formulation, thus WD-40. The Corvair Company bought it in bulk to protect their atlas missile parts.

#1278 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

The product began from a search for a rust preventative solvent and degreaser to protect missile parts. WD-40 was created in 1953 by three technicians at the San Diego Rocket Chemical Company. Its name comes from the project that was to find a “water displacement” compound. They were successful with the fortieth formulation, thus WD-40. The Corvair Company bought it in bulk to protect their atlas missile parts.

I learn something new every day.
I wonder if olive oil would work?

#1279 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I learn something new every day.
I wonder if olive oil would work?

Probably would work. Just make sure you are getting the genuine stuff and not the fake stuff from the Mafia!

https://www.oliveoiltimes.com/olive-oil-business/italy-arrests-33-accused-olive-oil-fraud/55364

#1280 5 years ago
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
#1281 5 years ago

Nice to see the Classic Stern machines (Flight 2000, Seawitch and even Quicksilver!) Very cool!

Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
#1282 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I do WD40 on my ramps.... but it prevents rust,

Ramps are stainless steel.

Stainless steel doesn’t rust.

Don’t need to do anything to them. Except clean them periodically with simple green.

rd

#1283 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yeah to be honest not WD-40 but something that is about the same, and I use it after ultrasonic (?) cleaning to drive any remaining water after drying away,... with the positive side effect that it really let's all the mechanics shine (rust remover if any). Wouldn't leave it on of course, course it binds dirt in the long run.

#1284 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Don’t need to do anything to them. Except clean them periodically with simple green.
rd

Well, yes and no.

Plastic ramps are not made of stainless steel (and the flaps rust) and the wire ramps may rust as well (propaby only on the surface).

#1285 5 years ago

would you change iron man vault by deadpool pro?

#1286 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

would you change iron man vault by deadpool pro?

I wouldn't. I think Iron Man is a much better game. They're very different though, so opinion would vary wildly from player to player.

#1287 5 years ago

anybody having black screen of death issues? seen a couple fried machines around town already after less than a couple weeks of play

#1288 5 years ago

Maybe it looks different in person but from the video I felt the disco ball was very underwhelming. Maybe the rest of the lights need to be dimmed more but it seems like the disco light was very faint in comparison to the Star Trek Starfield.

Also it seems like a lot of shots that went around the left loop would go halfway up the drop ramp and then roll back down and then fall in the shooter lane.

Other than that The game looks like a blast the play. Can’t wait to try one.

#1289 5 years ago

I'm wondering what the disco ball effect will look like with mirror blades? Probably worse, eh?..since you won't see the effect of it on the side wall.

#1290 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Maybe it looks different in person but from the video I felt the disco ball was very underwhelming. Maybe the rest of the lights need to be dimmed more but it seems like the disco light was very faint in comparison to the Star Trek Starfield.

You have to remember that was set up for streaming so it was excessively bright to show the table as Dead Flip does on purpose for good reason.

#1291 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Also it seems like a lot of shots that went around the left loop would go halfway up the drop ramp and then roll back down and then fall in the shooter lane.
Other than that The game looks like a blast the play. Can’t wait to try one.

The Star Trek starfield only looked good if you installed the blackout mod.

#1292 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The Star Trek starfield only looked good if you installed the blackout mod.

Even without the blackout mod it is still much more visible than the Deadpool mirrorball based off of the video shown. As TMwilson said though and he has a good point, it may have looked more faint due to the amount of lighting they used to make the video.

#1293 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I wouldn't. I think Iron Man is a much better game. They're very different though, so opinion would vary wildly from player to player.

I agree. Plus supposed IM code update is coming at some point.

#1294 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Simple Green is corrosive! Just discovered that from H.E.P., didn't realize there was a diff. Switching to something non corrosive. Just a friendly FYI.

From the Simple Green web site:

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

Click on the aluminum link: https://simplegreen.com/faqs/

Don't know if they are aluminum or not, but I'd rather use a cleaner safe for everything.

#1295 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Simple Green is corrosive! Just discovered that from H.E.P., didn't realize there was a diff. Switching to something non corrosive. Just a friendly FYI.

Interesting. I’ve used it for years. But it is strictly spray on, then wipe it right off again. In the case of cleaning parts when they are off the machine, they are then washed clean with running water again.

I would never recommend leaving any product sitting on a surface for a long period. Whatever it is.

rd

#1296 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Interesting. I’ve used it for years. But it is strictly spray on, then wipe it right off again. In the case of cleaning parts when they are off the machine, they are then washed clean with running water again.
I would never recommend leaving any product sitting on a surface for a long period. Whatever it is.
rd

Ditto here, but I think I'm going to switch just to be on the safe side. Just makes life easier if I can use a single cleaner since it's pretty easy to find alternatives locally. I've been using Simple Green in the ultrasonic cleaner, but perhaps time to switch! Might be fine on SS.

#1297 5 years ago

Thoughts on this feature in the settings menu? Is it possible Deadpool topper will have a camera similar to Dialed in or JJ Pirates?

20180906_172732 (resized).jpg20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
#1298 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Thoughts on this feature in the settings menu? Is it possible Deadpool topper will have a camera similar to Dialed in or JJ Pirates?
[quoted image]

Having a camera mode, that 4th wall Deadpool can comment on and ridicule you and your photos as you play would not just make an awesome topper but the best use of a camera yet.

#1299 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Having a camera mode, that 4th wall Deadpool can comment on and ridicule you and your photos as you play would not be an awesome topper but the best use of a camera yet.

Or he could just call either "hot dog" or "not hot dog" for every picture.

#1300 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or he could just call either "hot dog" or "not hot dog" for every picture.

Let’s hope Stern put a little more effort into it, if it becomes a genuine feature.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 64.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-so-many-booms/page/26?hl=kirboturbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.