oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 28.
#1151 5 years ago

Any on location I’m New York City yet?

#1152 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It ok, but that's a low bar for Deadpool, I want a call out when you hold the ball on a flipper for too long, he says shit like "Colossus loves it when you cradle his balls, I'm getting jealous"

You’re hired. Stern, if you’re reading this, please implement.

#1153 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I want a call out when you hold the ball on a flipper for too long, he says shit like "Colossus loves it when you cradle his balls, I'm getting jealous"

What an awesome call out that would be!!! I still want to see a “maximum effort” call out for a double danger warning.

#1154 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

...when it breaks.

I wouldn't know, my TBL has never broken. Thank God, by the way, I wouldn't know what to do if it did.

#1155 5 years ago

Got to play it tonight. Really fun game! The katana shot is not easy, but not too difficult either. The 'lil Deadpool mech worked very well.

There obviously is some polish needed in the display media, but the game was very solid.

#1156 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Because people think the world revolves around them. Most seem to think stern specifically designed deadpool just for them.

They did. But for me.

#1157 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

that applies to every pinball machine ever made that tried to be funny, nothing new.

You haven't played Houdini when it belts out "Holy ****!" in a multiball when you're doing really well. Objectively funny and unexpected.

#1158 5 years ago

I'm pre ordered on an LE and am curious what the topper might be. I'm also wondering if we can order the "cassette tape" that the premiums come with. I'd love to have both.

#1159 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

After playing a bunch of games last night I was disappointed in the sword shot. So many times it would brick and miss the transition to the ramp. There were 4 machines and it happened on all of them. Hopefully it can be dialed in because it's frustrating when you make a shot only to have it get rejected. Didn't seem to happen much on the deadflip broadcast so maybe that one was tweaked.

I noticed that too. Unfortunately we moved the games a few times prior to where they would rest exactly. I'll be there early to have a look at this and attempt to resolve this. I can say it will need extreme leveling and possibly to tone down the flippers to make this play as smooth as it should.

Sorry for the issues Bobby. I'll let you know on the progress today. Thanks.

#1160 5 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

I'm pre ordered on an LE and am curious what the topper might be. I'm also wondering if we can order the "cassette tape" that the premiums come with. I'd love to have both.

Just picked up my game from Cointaker! I was able to pry their prototype topper for my game from them. Production will be a little different. I think it came out awesome! Chris and Melissa are the best to deal with!

20180825_113452 (resized).jpg20180825_113452 (resized).jpg
#1161 5 years ago

I also want to add that had one set up in their showroom. Man that game played fast! I was really surprised

#1162 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Just picked up my game from Cointaker! I was able to pry their prototype topper for my game from them. Production will be a little different. I think it came out awesome! Chris and Melissa are the best to deal with!

That does look awesome. Congrats!

#1163 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

[quoted image]

Sh!+Pickles!, the Deadpool many were hoping for!

Very nice!

#1164 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

This is basically the jump shot from AMH (so flattering!) which was also a bitch to dial in.
The ball needs X amount of power to make it up a ramp. If you're just shooting a ramp straight there's just one variable "is there enough power?"
But with the curve to ramp you've also introduced speed which will affect the angle of the ball after it leaves the curve. You're basically "aiming" the ball with speed, and doubling the variables that affect ramp success since you still also need power.

Have to call an audible here, the lock shot is Avenger's Black Widow shot. Same spot on the playfield and everything. Could go even further back looking at Volcano for its inspiration. AMH? HAHA no way.

#1165 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Have to call an audible here, the lock shot is Avenger's Black Widow shot. Same spot on the playfield and everything. Could go even further back looking at Volcano for its inspiration. AMH? HAHA no way.

Would be funny if Deadpool made a reference to that ("Take that, Black Widow"). Might also make a LotR reference when a ball locks in the sword ("So much closer to Valinor")

#1166 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Would be funny if Deadpool made a reference to that ("Take that, Black Widow"). Might also make a LotR reference when a ball locks in the sword ("So much closer to Valinor")

Both great ideas @vireland. IronMaiden has some games cross referenced within which I really like.

#1168 5 years ago

Looks like Stern have pulled the flyer off (404 error). Managed to get he PDF before they did (so not sure if it will change from this).

DP1 (resized).pngDP1 (resized).pngDP2 (resized).pngDP2 (resized).png
#1169 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Looks like Stern have pulled the flyer off (404 error). Managed to get he PDF before they did (so not sure if it will change from this).

They propably change the speech bubble to be PG.
It'd definately AO, since he has balls in his mouth. *facepalm*

#1170 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That's common on Stern's site. Hit refresh a bunch of times and it comes back up.

#1171 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

That's common on Stern's site. Hit refresh a bunch of times and it comes back up.

Yes. It is still there.

#1172 5 years ago

The sword lock shot is a mess. I put a bunch of plays on the game both at lunch and after work yesterday, and that shot is Black Widow all over again. Hit it too clean and it misses the transition for going too fast (especially if shot on the fly). Hit it too sloppy and it doesn't make it. You have to hit it from the cradle with just a tiny amount of slop to have your best chance to get the shot through. Really disappointing how often a perfect shot to the sword rejects.

In fact, that game rejects shots all over the place. The spinner rejects, the drop targets have Scoleri Disease and will often just not drop while your ball ricochets off, the left orbit is messy, and the inner loop rejects often. The ball bouncing into the shooter lane so often is a bummer. There's a lot of fun stuff in the game, but it's full of geometry failings, typical of a Gomez design. I'm hoping that modders can come up with some tweaks to fix some of these shot entrances and exits. The game needs it.

The video, sound, and actual rules are lots of fun though. There's lots to like there, but it's such a buzzkill to have such a sloppy shooting experience.

#1173 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The sword lock shot is a mess. I put a bunch of plays on the game both at lunch and after work yesterday, and that shot is Black Widow all over again. Hit it too clean and it misses the transition for going too fast (especially if shot on the fly). Hit it too sloppy and it doesn't make it. You have to hit it from the cradle with just a tiny amount of slop to have your best chance to get the shot through. Really disappointing how often a perfect shot to the sword rejects.
In fact, that game rejects shots all over the place. The spinner rejects, the drop targets have Scoleri Disease and will often just not drop while your ball ricochets off, the left orbit is messy, and the inner loop rejects often. The ball bouncing into the shooter lane so often is a bummer. There's a lot of fun stuff in the game, but it's full of geometry failings, typical of a Gomez design. I'm hoping that modders can come up with some tweaks to fix some of these shot entrances and exits. The game needs it.
The video, sound, and actual rules are lots of fun though. There's lots to like there, but it's such a buzzkill to have such a sloppy shooting experience.

This is exactly what I was afraid of when I saw the layout. I was hoping the early reviews that it shot really smoothly were going to be the consensus.

#1174 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I've been very hesitant to post my thoughts because I wanted to play it first. I've been very pleased with what I've seen with the Pro so far, and am pumped to have the chance to play one tonight.

It does seem like a game that needs to be finely tuned in order to play as intended. The cross shot's rail behind Mini-DP as one could imagine probably needs to be spot on, as does the back ramp entrance. I'd guess the one you played wasn't. A fraction of a millimeter in misalignment may change how that shot feels on two different games. I'll guess the ricochet shot up the ramp is similar. This layout relies on proper alignment. I'm going to guess the one in the DeadFlip stream was tuned a hundred times over because they were hitting shots with ease. That one Ball 1 where JD got to 614M and was asked to drain didn't look like he bricked a shot the entire time.

Sucks about the drops you played. If there's one thing I'm ok with never coming up in a Stern title again, it's Scoleri disease!

#1175 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

"If there's one thing I'm ok with never coming up in a Stern title again, it's Scoleri disease!"

I wish I didn't know exactly what you meant...

#1176 5 years ago

I loved my Ghostbusters LE. I was really, really sad to sell it. But whenever I run into that game elsewhere, it's like a bad version of what I owned. I spent literally tens of hours tuning that game to get it to play right. Eventually it got there, and I loved it, but I can't find another game to equal it, so it's tough for me to enjoy the game much these days. Maybe Deadpool is that way too. If you put in your time, you can get a slick and satisfying experience, but it might be a nightmare on route or in collections where people don't have the time or means to fine tune it.

Put me on a Deadpool that shoots well and I'd probably love it. Lots of cool ideas (in concept).

#1177 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Have you had a chance to try another one yet? I know you mentioned these issues in another Deadpool thread and mentioned that the one near you might not be dialed in properly. I am not having these problems with mine and everything shoots pretty smoothly. A few others replied to your posts in the other thread and said the same - so it might be that the one on your location is not set up correctly. The only clunkiness we've experienced is the right orbit shot will rattle and drop into the shooter lane sometimes.

#1178 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Have you had a chance to try another one yet? I know you mentioned these issues in another Deadpool thread and mentioned that the one near you might not be dialed in properly. I am not having these problems with mine and everything shoots pretty smoothly. A few others replied to your posts in the other thread and said the same - so it might be that the one on your location is not set up correctly. The only clunkiness we've experienced is the right orbit shot will rattle and drop into the shooter lane sometimes.

Not yet. I just went back to the same one and messed with the level (I know the owner). I got it leveled properly (it was leaning back to the right a bit), but it didn't change anything. I was hoping it was just playing too quickly, as many games do out of the box, but it just seems like the geometry is busted. Too many consistent issues.

But people complained about GB problems far more than I experienced on my own game (after working it over), and it always confused me about how much hate it drew for being sloppy and jumpy. Maybe we're seeing some of that here. Some games showed up a bit more tightly aligned than others, so I'll see if we can open this one up and tweak it.

#1179 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Put me on a Deadpool that shoots well and I'd probably love it. Lots of cool ideas (in concept).

Since None of your Problems happened in the stream (and with noone I personally know have played it) it'll be a thing of dialing it in... I think.

Had a GB Pro, hated the scoleris but with deadpool the targets seem to be further away.

Had a Star Wars and it was so badly adjusted, each and every shot in the horseshoe went straight down the middle.
That's just the way it is I suppose. There is some tollerance and you have to fine tune.

#1180 5 years ago

I did notice that I was awarded my bonus after a tilt one time. I'm not sure if it always does that or if it was a momentary bug. It was a pretty big bonus too, so I was grateful.

Also, does the Battle insert constantly flash on everybody else's game? On this one it never turns off, regardless of whether or not there is a Battle ready.

#1181 5 years ago

Anyone else notice that if you do Super Skill Shot, that if the ball falls back into the shooter lane (which it does WAY TOO MUCH), Super Skill is relit and you can get it again?

I made 20M one game that way.

#1182 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Anyone else notice that if you do Super Skill Shot, that if the ball falls back into the shooter lane (which it does WAY TOO MUCH), Super Skill is relit and you can get it again?

That's probably unintentional, but I kind of like the idea of a skill shot that you could repeat up to a certain limit.

#1183 5 years ago

Wh20, Congo....etc etc

#1184 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

dont worry, its the PIN-BOT easter egg

#1185 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The sword lock shot is a mess...

and Avengers is back again same ideas, same probs...
for those having the pinball home, i suppose it will be quite easy to tweak it & adjust some trajectories

when i got my AV (HUO) from the 1st owner, the BW ramp was c*nt, the LOKI lock too sometimes, same about the HULK arm
all was tweaked without a prob, and that AV was playing like a train (and as it was initialy suppose to play !)

#1186 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I brought this up over on Tilt Forums and Tim Sexton said that if the ball falls in the shooter lane during single ball play, when ball saver isn’t active, you should always get a chance at a super skill shot. I think it is a risk/reward type thing.

#1187 5 years ago

It should really fall into the shooter lane a lot less, then.

#1188 5 years ago

Some games naturally are easier to setup with less difficult shots. Harder, more challenging (shots) games tend to need more tweaking, but are worth it once dialed in.

FYI, I have one sweet, dialed in GBLE!

#1189 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The sword lock is really sensitive to setup. We had the game at once spot and the ramp flowed very easily. We moved the game and set it back up, and the ramp was problematic with rejecting shots after the gap. I believe this is simply a setup issue that once we know where the sweet spot it, it's a non-issue.

The rest of the stuff you mention I think is nitpicking.

The shooter lane, it's by choice... it's no biggie and the first time you realize you can get a skill shot again, you think it's cool.
The drop targets? no issue... and really no different from any other modern stern (TNT targets anyone?)
The orbits are fine.. and never had a problem. In fact, I found them quite easy making sabertooth a goto villian to fight.

The rest... the game has the dead ends at the entrances instead of posts or stationary targets. So by that nature its going to feel different from those that return the ball different. At least it's not ritchie stationary targets that just punish you for every miss (Star Wars). The blue rubber edges will clunk vs deflect.

If anything I think the software is holding the game back right now. Lil Deadpool feels dumb... and the 'reward' to the player feels kind of weak right now.

#1190 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The rest... the game has the dead ends at the entrances instead of posts or stationary targets. So by that nature its going to feel different from those that return the ball different. At least it's not ritchie stationary targets that just punish you for every miss (Star Wars). The blue rubber edges will clunk vs deflect.

These feel a little unsatisfying, but they're not that big of an issue for me.

Quoted from flynnibus:

The rest of the stuff you mention I think is nitpicking.

I don't think it's a nitpick when clean shots don't go. That's bad design. And if the game has to be perfectly set up to work at an acceptable level, this game will be a nightmare on route. Games get pushed around and move a bit. George just needs to design shots that work reliably. He's never been great at doing that and many of his designs take mods or tweaks to work right. I'm sure people will find out what works best here, but I don't always trust operators to implement those things. Batman 66 on route is a player's nightmare, but in the home of a collector that knows how to tweak, it's a whole different game.

#1191 5 years ago

I've gotten a decent number of games in and have had no noticeable issues with sword ramp rejects (other than in multiball when a clean shot can collide with another ball at the top the playfield to reject the shot). It is a fun, satisfying shot for me.

#1192 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I don't think it's a nitpick when clean shots don't go. That's bad design. And if the game has to be perfectly set up to work at an acceptable level, this game will be a nightmare on route. Games get pushed around and move a bit. George just needs to design shots that work reliably. He's never been great at doing that and many of his designs take mods or tweaks to work right. I'm sure people will find out what works best here, but I don't always trust operators to implement those things. Batman 66 on route is a player's nightmare, but in the home of a collector that knows how to tweak, it's a whole different game.

IMHO you are nitpicking- i have seen way to many games on route that are crap. And I have seen many smooth flowing games in collections.

Mechanical machines require fine tuning! Some more than others. But if you are mechanically inclined you can dial them in. Yes some machines require more than others (like my GBLE) but spend the time and they are sweet! That is part of the hobby / fun

#1193 5 years ago

For the people who have played a good amount on it. How deep are the rules. I am interested in the game, but does it only have 3 battles and 2 quests? Or will they expand on these in the future.

Thanks

#1194 5 years ago

Put some time on the old Deadpool Pro. Game is alot more fun then it looked in the Deadflip stream. Shoots well. Most shots up the katana ramp breezed through. Some shots hit the ramp and slowly made it's way across the playfield. Still a very cool effect. There was a few times the ball found it's way back into the shooter lane. Not a big deal to me. Rules seemed good and overall opinion on sounds and animations are much better then initially thought. Only problem was the mini deadpool multiball happens way too much. Adjusting the difficulty settings should fix this issue. For early code this game is fantastic. I remember when GOTG was at .81 just after it was released. Leaps and bounds better then that. I do think the game is a little dark in the center but overall first opinion on this game is different in a good way. Hope to see more code soon.

Playfield looked Great and build quality on all of the games I have recieved have been solid. Nice to see Stern has put in the metal corner brackets.

20180829_173726 (resized).jpg20180829_173726 (resized).jpg

#1195 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's a choice.. that certainly plays out in how the game feels with missed shots. I think of it as different flavors.. at least it doesn't brutalize you for it. So I paint it as the character of the game, rather than right/wrong hate/love whatever.

Quoted from jar155:

I don't think it's a nitpick when clean shots don't go. That's bad design. And if the game has to be perfectly set up to work at an acceptable level, this game will be a nightmare on route. Games get pushed around and move a bit. George just needs to design shots that work reliably. He's never been great at doing that and many of his designs take mods or tweaks to work right

Meh... we've had plenty worse examples.. or even the most basic like 'if the flippers aren't perfect, you aren't making that shot' stuff. The game is less than two weeks old, I don't think anyone needs to but 'putting a fork in it' yet based on what limited stuff we know. We don't know how narrow the groove is.. or even what things hurt/help it. We just know it appears to be sensitive to setup. Many of game are like this in different ways. Saucer rejects, SDTM kickouts, impossible ramps, bad feeds, the list goes on and on.

Who still talks about iron maidens ball feed... or ghostbusters launch hitting staypuff anymore, TWD's pop exit, TWDs magnet drains, AC/DC out of the pops... Many games have setup quirks that they may be intolerant about. We figure them out... and life goes on.

#1196 5 years ago

Got mine setup tonight, so far its a lot of fun. Leveled it off and started playing! Shots are pretty smooth and the Katana shot once you get it down is so much easier then i thought it was going to be. New code update by the end of the week and it needs it. Modes need some tweaking and there is a lot of Quite time or missing Video compated with Iron Maiden or B66. I think it will get there. Still cant wait to get Munsters.

20180829_201158 (resized).jpg20180829_201158 (resized).jpg

#1197 5 years ago

Boom!

20180829_201011 (resized).jpg20180829_201011 (resized).jpg
#1198 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Boom!
[quoted image]

Now that’s the Latest collection of pinballs!

#1199 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Boom!
[quoted image]

Nice, Since you BOOM! many of the latest Sterns, please keep sharing your perspective on it as you get more plays in on it.

#1200 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Nice, Since you BOOM! many of the latest Sterns, please keep sharing your perspective on it as you get more plays in on it.

Sure thing! Really that Katana shot is smooth and when you hit it you feels good. There are a lot of opportunities for added video and sound. I also like that there is a cliffy ( style ) protector.

20180829_210833 (resized).jpg20180829_210833 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-so-many-booms/page/24?hl=speederice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.