oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 28.
#1101 5 years ago

Double Boom. Just received these into our store today. They look great! I like the fresh layout design. Seeing it first hand it is reminiscent to me of a mid 80’s design. Reminds me of Sorcerer in a way. I should have left when we closed at 5 today, but found myself sticking around for an hour giving them a few plays.

Our games were loaded with .81 code

Also a pic of some prizes I’ll be giving away at our Deadpool Open House Party this Saturday at our store. If your in the Mesquite, TX area Saturday, come on by and enjoy some free grub and give them a whirl

30E2EF1F-35A4-4B7C-83A9-730943B7FEB8 (resized).jpeg30E2EF1F-35A4-4B7C-83A9-730943B7FEB8 (resized).jpeg5CA59534-F369-40CD-81DC-159A2B9061F0 (resized).jpeg5CA59534-F369-40CD-81DC-159A2B9061F0 (resized).jpeg608605FF-EE0C-489A-8110-DBB97743CF31 (resized).jpeg608605FF-EE0C-489A-8110-DBB97743CF31 (resized).jpegA3A1E30C-98A4-4DF0-AEA2-E94C31BAF4F1 (resized).jpegA3A1E30C-98A4-4DF0-AEA2-E94C31BAF4F1 (resized).jpegE6D03073-581B-4F5D-8DA4-4AE86C6AD29F (resized).jpegE6D03073-581B-4F5D-8DA4-4AE86C6AD29F (resized).jpeg

#1103 5 years ago

I just got done playing about ten games of Deadpool artwork looks really good in person and the layout is nice and fast. Rules are good I noticed two issues in code which I am sure will get fixed in an update the two things where once I made it to Sauron instead of saving my villians progress it would reset them all. The other thing I noticed it would sometimes realese a locked ball in the sword for no reason.

#1104 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

In-Depth Overview of the Machine and the Code and Rules.

They release new code?

#1105 5 years ago

4x BOOM!

20180822_172225 (resized).jpg20180822_172225 (resized).jpg20180822_185619 (resized).jpg20180822_185619 (resized).jpg
#1106 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

4x BOOM!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Bring one or all four to GABF, please.

#1107 5 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Bring one or all four to GABF, please.

What is GABF?

#1108 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I just got done playing about ten games of Deadpool artwork looks really good in person and the layout is nice and fast. Rules are good I noticed two issues in code which I am sure will get fixed in an update the two things where once I made it to Sauron instead of saving my villians progress it would reset them all. The other thing I noticed it would sometimes realese a locked ball in the sword for no reason.

Thanks for your assessment. I'll email stern. I will also suggest they hire you when you are done with college. =) thanks Alex

#1109 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Thanks for your assessment. I'll email stern. I will also suggest they hire you when you are done with college. =) thanks Alex

Thanks Chris.

#1110 5 years ago

NABD...just a small beer festival with a few beers. Some brewers know about it. DeadPool would be an awesome sight to see at a booth with a few beer in.

https://www.greatamericanbeerfestival.com

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_American_Beer_Festival

#1111 5 years ago

Hope you guys (star port/Helicon) will be there.

#1112 5 years ago

Just got a call from my distributor (Randy at Got Pinball). My pro is being delivered at house tomorrow!

#1113 5 years ago

I noticed two issues in code which I am sure will get fixed in an update the two things where once I made it to Sauron instead of saving my villians progress it would reset them all. The other thing I noticed it would sometimes realese a locked ball in the sword for no reason.

I saw these same issues as well.

#1114 5 years ago

Listening to the H2H podcast, it sounds like Tanio has been waiting a while to get his shot at lead and I doubt he’s going to let things slide.

He certainly sounds like a passionate pinhead and excited to be lead finally, so I think he’s going to continue working on the code and polishing this game until he’s 100% satisfied that he’s knocked it out the park.

#1115 5 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Hope you guys (star port/Helicon) will be there.

I can not speak for Helicon but I can not attend based on the dates I am seeing. However I would not rule out us being there in 2019. We operate in over a dozen brewery locations and represent a lot of brands. Thanks for the link and enjoy the show. Cheers!

#1116 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Listening to the H2H podcast, it sounds like Tanio has been waiting a while to get his shot at lead and I doubt he’s going to let things slide.
He certainly sounds like a passionate pinhead and excited to be lead finally, so I think he’s going to continue working on the code and polishing this game until he’s 100% satisfied that he’s knocked it out the park.

I agree. With passion and seeing how excited the customer base is for this title, he has the ability to do something very special. Not only for us as pinheads, but in the realm of advancing his career! Go Tanio!

#1117 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Our games were loaded with .81 code

Already up to .81, that is good news.

Anyone know if/when there will be a stream of the LE/Prem? I’ve been tied up this week and am a bit behind on the latest.

#1118 5 years ago

After playing a bunch of games last night I was disappointed in the sword shot. So many times it would brick and miss the transition to the ramp. There were 4 machines and it happened on all of them. Hopefully it can be dialed in because it's frustrating when you make a shot only to have it get rejected. Didn't seem to happen much on the deadflip broadcast so maybe that one was tweaked.

#1119 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

After playing a bunch of games last night I was disappointed in the sword shot. So many times it would brick and miss the transition to the ramp. There were 4 machines and it happened on all of them. Hopefully it can be dialed in because it's frustrating when you make a shit only to have it get rejected. Didn't seem to happen much on the deadflip broadcast so maybe that one was tweaked.

How often would it happen? Are talking one out of ten or one out of three (clean shots)?

#1120 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

After playing a bunch of games last night I was disappointed in the sword shot. So many times it would brick and miss the transition to the ramp. There were 4 machines and it happened on all of them. Hopefully it can be dialed in because it's frustrating when you make a shit only to have it get rejected. Didn't seem to happen much on the deadflip broadcast so maybe that one was tweaked.

I hate when I make a shit and it gets rejected.

Maybe I need a new toilet or diet?

#1121 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

After playing a bunch of games last night I was disappointed in the sword shot. So many times it would brick and miss the transition to the ramp. There were 4 machines and it happened on all of them.

That;'s what I've been hearing as well. A good % of rejects

#1122 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Hit that shot maybe 15 times and not one rejection. Not doubting you, but must be a matter of dialing it in.

#1123 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Hit that shot maybe 15 times and not one rejection. Not doubting you, but must be a matter of dialing it in.

My guess is this pin is just pitch sensitive, and there will be a sweet spot that the pin needs to be set at to make the ramp flow.

#1124 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

They release new code?

It is based on the launch code, version 0.81.

#1125 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

How often would it happen? Are talking one out of ten or one out of three (clean shots)?

I would say 1/4 of the time it bricked. The ball speed seemed to have the biggest impact and the faster moving balls seemed to brick the most.

Quoted from cooked71:

That's good to hear and as I said in my post it rarely happened in the Deadflip stream so that machine was likely dialed in better.

#1126 5 years ago

Probably should just sulk in silence, but I'm pretty disappointed in what I've seen streamed so far - the classic sounds don't fit the game to me, and the PG rated "humor" is a major disappointment. Its bad enough they castrated the character, but it's even lousy and unfunny on any level. This seems to be the most talented writing and voice actors they've ever used. WTF gives?!?

I'm hoping at least the sound will click more in person, and additional callouts and polish will improve things. God I hope the callouts improve with the 4th wall bits, etc.

Regardless, it's a complete failboat on making a super kid friendly Deadpool pin - someone deserves a kick to the nuts for that one, be it Stern's decision or a screw job by Disney. FAIL

#1127 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I would say 1/4 of the time it bricked. The ball speed seemed to have the biggest impact and the faster moving balls seemed to brick the most.

Probably very sensitive to pitch angle I'd assume.

#1128 5 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Probably should just sulk in silence, but I'm pretty disappointed in what I've seen streamed so far - the classic sounds don't fit the game to me, and the PG rated "humor" is a major disappointment. Its bad enough they castrated the character, but it's even lousy and unfunny on any level. This seems to be the most talented writing and voice actors they've ever used. WTF gives?!?
I'm hoping at least the sound will click more in person, and additional callouts and polish will improve things. God I hope the callouts improve with the 4th wall bits, etc.
Regardless, it's a complete failboat on making a super kid friendly Deadpool pin - someone deserves a kick to the nuts for that one, be it Stern's decision or a screw job by Disney. FAIL

+1 of course
but meanwhile, why do they have to think about that (losing time/money in more coding) when they know that someone will do it later for free with a custom code release
and i'm pushing forward : i'm sure some customers will buy the pin just because of what i wrote above, that means they will sell more pin when they are doing less work on it !?

we can't verify that, but i'm sure this is true already with TWD, tanx to Kevin C.

#1129 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

After playing a bunch of games last night I was disappointed in the sword shot. So many times it would brick and miss the transition to the ramp. There were 4 machines and it happened on all of them. Hopefully it can be dialed in because it's frustrating when you make a shot only to have it get rejected. Didn't seem to happen much on the deadflip broadcast so maybe that one was tweaked.

Same thing happened to me on the one I played at Wonderland Brewery yesterday, between the stray ping pong balls rolling under the machines from a game behind me and someone's massive dog breathing on me, I gave up after two games lol.

#1130 5 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

but it's even lousy and unfunny on any level.

that applies to every pinball machine ever made that tried to be funny, nothing new.

#1131 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Probably very sensitive to pitch angle I'd assume.

Obviously it's sensitive however my concern would be if you compensate it to handle faster shots then will normal shots start to miss. Hopefully there is a sweet spot that will handle both. I am curious if that guide can be adjusted like plunger shot in IMDN.

#1132 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

that applies to every pinball machine ever made that tried to be funny, nothing new.

Doesn't change the fact/opinion though.

I get it, didn't stand up to expectations. Woulda, coulda, shoulda, , ,

#1133 5 years ago

How deep is the rule set on this title or how deep will it be, I understand it’s only at .81. I’m just curious because I am interested in this title, but in the main story mode right now there only 3 battle modes and 2 quests modes. Will more modes modes be added?

#1134 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

My guess is this pin is just pitch sensitive, and there will be a sweet spot that the pin needs to be set at to make the ramp flow.

This is basically the jump shot from AMH (so flattering!) which was also a bitch to dial in.

The ball needs X amount of power to make it up a ramp. If you're just shooting a ramp straight there's just one variable "is there enough power?"

But with the curve to ramp you've also introduced speed which will affect the angle of the ball after it leaves the curve. You're basically "aiming" the ball with speed, and doubling the variables that affect ramp success since you still also need power.

#1135 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

This is basically the jump shot from AMH (so flattering!) which was also a bitch to dial in.

Similar to Robocop as well. I love those jump shot ramps. Wish there were more games with them.

#1136 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You have to give a little credit to the humor from the 90s... MM, AFM, MB, SS all had some pretty great lines that make you smirk while you play.

I do agree that game like SMVE just failed completely in the humor department, and from watching the stream, it seems like they used the same writers, or they just went so PG that anyone who isn't 14 isn't going to find this funny after half hour on this machine.

It's really too bad, because it's one of my dream themes, but callouts are super important to me, and could be the make or break factor.

Waiting to see what they do with the 1.0 code...

#1137 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

s X amount of power to make it up a ramp. If you're just shooting a ramp straight there's just one variable "is there enough power?"

Quoted from Damien:

You have to give a little credit to the humor from the 90s... MM, AFM, MB, SS all had some pretty great lines that make you smirk while you play.
I do agree that game like SMVE just failed completely in the humor department, and from watching the stream, it seems like they used the same writers, or they just went so PG that anyone who isn't 14 isn't going to find this funny after half hour on this machine.
It's really too bad, because it's one of my dream themes, but callouts are super important to me, and could be the make or break factor.
Waiting to see what they do with the 1.0 code...

Good point, although these games were meant to be cheesy which is why it works. Deadpool is meant to be witty which is why it falls slightly flat (into Dad Joke territory).

#1138 5 years ago

I really can't remember the last genuinely funny pin.. all the recent ones that try to be funny almost always fall flat or just get painfully repetitive. There is a fine line when dealing with humor though, but Bally/Williams managed to get it right more than others. Definitely one thing I miss from modern pinball.

Brian Posehn is a good comedian though, so I still have hope they can pull it off with this one.

#1139 5 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

I really can't remember the last genuinely funny pin.. all the recent ones that try to be funny almost always fall flat or just get painfully repetitive.

A "Sunny in Philadelphia" or "Curb Your Enthusiasm" pin would be the best shot we have.

#1140 5 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

I really can't remember the last genuinely funny pin.. all the recent ones that try to be funny almost always fall flat or just get painfully repetitive. There is a fine line when dealing with humor though, but Bally/Williams managed to get it right more than others. Definitely one thing I miss from modern pinball.
Brian Posehn is a good comedian though, so I still have hope they can pull it off with this one.

family guy!

#1141 5 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Cool avatar BTW! What's it from?

#1142 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

A "Sunny in Philadelphia" or "Curb Your Enthusiasm" pin would be the best shot we have.

ASIP would be great! So long as it's got an "R" setting.

#1143 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

ASIP would be great! So long as it's got an "R" setting.

So much you could do with Sunny... Just imaging Day Man multiball.

#1144 5 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

I really can't remember the last genuinely funny pin.. all the recent ones that try to be funny almost always fall flat or just get painfully repetitive

The Big Lebowski is very hilarious, though there are so few delivered thus far that most people haven't had a chance to play one.

#1145 5 years ago
Quoted from taz:

The Big Lebowski is very hilarious...

...when it breaks.

#1146 5 years ago

Honestly the more of the machine I see the more I like it,... except for the 'writing'.

I hoped there would be some 'story' if they have a writer but none is communicated.
'Writing' is only for Deadpools lines and these are,... well...

Let's just say I like a game where you get taunted a bit, like... Houdini. He tells you, you're sh*** when you suck.
But with Deadpool saying things like "hite the boom button" and then after hitting it "ooooooooooowwwww.... you git the boom button, I'm so proud of you (you cutsie wootie infant)" I wanna smack him in the face. I don't like taunting the player for doing what he is supposed to to, and then in this way. It's like a 10 year older brother taunting you, when you're just in puberty.

This honestly hits all my buttons the worst way it could. XD
(Having a 10 year older brother...)

I don't pay 6000$ for a game that insults me the whole time.
(And I honestly never felt that with any other game altough there are many that taunt you... Liking it when it's a girl. )

#1147 5 years ago

Deadpool told me of I tilted one more time he was going to punch me in the face,I find this the greatest call out of all time.

#1148 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Deadpool told me of I tilted one more time he was going to punch me in the face,I find this the greatest call out of all time.

It ok, but that's a low bar for Deadpool, I want a call out when you hold the ball on a flipper for too long, he says shit like "Colossus loves it when you cradle his balls, I'm getting jealous"

#1149 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It ok, but that's a low bar for Deadpool, I want a call out when you hold the ball on a flipper for too long, he says shit like "Colossus loves it when you cradle his balls, I'm getting jealous"

So much Ball Jokes potential!

#1150 5 years ago

Thought I would share here as well, games arrived yesterday!

Greg M
Pinballpro.com

4FC9E27A-329D-414F-9D9E-B2AF9D47A697 (resized).jpeg4FC9E27A-329D-414F-9D9E-B2AF9D47A697 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-so-many-booms/page/23?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.