oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg

There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 28.
#1001 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I do not think it was direct audio because in the beginning of the stream he moves the mic close to the speakers so he can hear the audio better.

#1002 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I do not think it was direct audio because in the beginning of the stream he moves the mic close to the speakers so he can hear the audio better.

You are right.

You can still hear them talking, just a little bit.
And Sound Quality this way is not too good so I wouldn't be worried.

#1003 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Technically, no, but my point was that I prefer the focus of the audio to be on the pin, not the chatter of those standing around the pin.

#1004 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Yeah, they definitely had the audio on a mic and not line-in. I wonder why he didn't do that if he had it working on GoTG at his place. Paging DeadFlip

#1005 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

2. Early code lightshows are not all there, they are to come in abundance especially on the Prem/LE.

Only the disco ball mode with darkened GI. No extra RGB lights on Premium/LE over the Pro. Confined by Gomez.

Similar to GB in that regard.

#1006 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Loops are circular much like an anus....

You’ve obviously never played a real high stakes game of ping pong in Ding Dang...

#1007 5 years ago

BOOM BOOM

20180815_162925 (resized).jpg20180815_162925 (resized).jpg20180817_171624 (resized).jpg20180817_171624 (resized).jpg
#1008 5 years ago

I personally found the deadflip stream annoying. I much prefer the Jack streams of old with less chatter and just getting in and firing the game up and discovering together so to speak. Not revealing everything and leaving some mystery for the viewers.

This felt so much more now like a full sales pitch. Too many people too much talking and backscratching. Ive mentioned this Jack in a comment and he even replied saying... yep too many cooks. Really... who wants to see every single rule mode and mb with the glass of.

And leave game tutorials for later on down the track after people get their games.

#1009 5 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Ive mentioned this Jack in a comment and he even replied saying... yep too many cooks. Really... who wants to see every single rule mode and mb with the glass of.

Wait. You mean Jack criticized Stern? Wow that's just crazy.

#1010 5 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

This felt so much more now like a full sales pitch

Job well done then. Believe it or not. THIS WAS A FULL SALES PITCH.

What do you want exactly? There was hardly any talking after the initial rules explanation. In fact the mic was right near the speakers instead of next to them.

Do you want them to pretend to be hanging out and drinking beers?

I can't believe how hard it is to please the pinball community. Literally impossible.

#1011 5 years ago

I didn't watch it live, just the recording, and I skipped the first 10-15 minutes because I didn't need all the explanations, I just wanted to watch people play.

#1012 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I didn't watch it live, just the recording, and I skipped the first 10-15 minutes because I didn't need all the explanations, I just wanted to watch people play.

And your thoughts frolic?

#1013 5 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I personally found the deadflip stream annoying. I much prefer the Jack streams of old with less chatter and just getting in and firing the game up and discovering together so to speak. Not revealing everything and leaving some mystery for the viewers.
This felt so much more now like a full sales pitch. Too many people too much talking and backscratching. Ive mentioned this Jack in a comment and he even replied saying... yep too many cooks. Really... who wants to see every single rule mode and mb with the glass of.
And leave game tutorials for later on down the track after people get their games.

Jack streams of old (usual) are with chatter troughout the whole game.

It's nice to keep all the chatter (info) compressed at the beginning and the end for a "presentation" like this.

#1014 5 years ago

I appreciated the rules explanation because previously this looked like a DUD to me. After seeing the rules and layout, shots explained I am way more enthused for this title. I can't wait to play it to decide if it would fit in my collection. Great job Jack on the stream and impressive what this group of professionals have created.

#1015 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Literally impossible.

"FREE PINS FOR EVERYONE!!!" ?

#1016 5 years ago

I thought the stream was great!

You could tell Jack had more direction from Stern than is typical of his streams, but that's the price of admission for these premiere streams. Of course Stern gets some control over how their product is presented....

Several of my friends commented how slow they thought the game explanation part was, but I always like hearing the "intent" of the team behind the game.

Seeing all of those Stern employees puts in perspective the raw number of hours Stern invests in the hardware and games, compared to the other manufacturers. That's not a slight against the other companies, more of an observation about the effort Stern is putting in because they have the bankroll for it. Those kind of things make the Pro price increases a lot easier to deal with.

#1017 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Seeing all of those Stern employees puts in perspective the raw number of hours Stern invests in the hardware and games, compared to the other manufacturers. That's not a slight against the other companies, more of an observation about the effort Stern is putting in because they have the bankroll for it. Those kind of things make the Pro price increases a lot easier to deal with.

It was cool seeing the whole team. We get caught up in who the designer is (1 guy), and who the lead programmer is (1 guy). This put everything in better perspective, and the pride visible of them revealing their work. I definitely would support this type of reveal again as a way to do it.

#1018 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The only negative so far is no R rated mode, but hopefully pinball browser can fix that with the Deadpool game and other voice work Nolan North has done

Are we certain there won’t be an R rated mode eventually like Family Guy that you turn on or off in the settings?

#1019 5 years ago

The stream was really cool! Nice to see the team that developed the game. The code is obviously early and they need an “R” rated option for sure. I look forward to playing the game.

#1020 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Are we certain there won’t be an R rated mode eventually like Family Guy that you turn on or off in the settings?

Yes we are.

Wich doesn't mean that it's impossible to get it as an afterthought.

But right now it is PG (I think you call it this way? Our age ratings are different.), Gomez said.

#1021 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

The stream was really cool! Nice to see the team that developed the game. The code is obviously early and they need an “R” rated option for sure. I look forward to playing the game.

Best bet is to send donations to Cleland and have him make an R rated version using the Ryan Reynolds clips from the movies. Cleland completely transformed the sound package for TWD and could do the same for Deadpool if he is willing. I don't think we'll see an R rated version from Stern.

#1022 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Best bet is to send donations to Cleland and have him make an R rated version using the Ryan Reynolds clips from the movies. Cleland completely transformed the sound package for TWD and could do the same for Deadpool if he is willing. I don't think we'll see an R rated version from Stern.

He did a great job on GOTG also!

Where are you? We need your help!

#1023 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Maybe pinside can will it into fruition. It worked for adding extra GOTG songs.

#1024 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't think we'll see an R rated version from Stern.

This is one of the main reasons I think Stern has missed the mark on this one.. there are plenty of clean superhero games out there, and let's face it, Deadpool's image and reputation is built on just being nasty... and it's one of the reasons it's been so popular and has a refreshing feel. "Little Deadpool" even takes it even further into the opposite direction of just being neutral into the "Kiddie" zone if you ask me.

This feels more like X-men and Avengers, with a hint of Transformers. To me Deadpool could have been soooo much more.

That being said, it's all on gameplay and code for me now, so it still has a chance.

#1025 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes as per Gomez himself no R rated material, Deadpool is family friendly.

Hopefully cleland can work his magic using the r rated video game and animated shows.

#1026 5 years ago

I just hope they improve the callouts. Pg vs R is less important than clever vs lame. Must have heard "Eau de Deadpool" half a dozen times. If you want to keep that joke at least make it eau de pool.

#1027 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Is he accepting donations? His work on TWD was incredible. I’m concerned with the new call outs not referencing the villains in the game though. He may need to go beyond Reynolds work.

#1028 5 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1029 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hopefully cleland can work his magic using the r rated video game and animated shows.

Petition started - vote please. (Hoping this catches Sterns eyes).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/petition-for-rated-r-deadpool-mode#post-4548629

#1030 5 years ago

To bad Deadpool will not have a R Rated version!!! I’m passing for now on this one. Not what I expected. Looks fun though.

#1031 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wow, I'm def shocked by that one.

#1032 5 years ago

Petition these guys - follow link above.

Also others can modify if needs - like CLELAND

#1033 5 years ago

I dunno, if you look at the game and what is going on on the LCD, and how the callouts are pretty situational to what is going on, not sure what an R-rated set of callouts would do here. Does using profanity and making jokes about masturbating to unicorns really suit the game? It is about Deadpool playing video games with his superhero pals, eating chimichangas and beating up ninjas.

I personally could use a lot less cutesy lil' deadpool screens, while nice animation they just don't seem to suit the rest of the game and seem to be popping up all the time.

#1034 5 years ago

This is based on the comics, not the movie. The comics have a rating of parental advisory. "Appropriate for readers age 15 and older. May contain moderate violence, mild profanity, graphic imagery and/or suggestive themes"

The fourth wall hasn't been implemented yet in the code where Deadpool taunts the player.

#1035 5 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

While I actually agree with you, they did this same thing with Iron Maiden, and it made me want that game. But that's probably because I like what that pin is compared to deadpool.

#1036 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wow, I'm def shocked by that one.

Yeah, I mean when they announced I was picturing Deadpool movie pin, this comic and 80's fighting game just seems off to most of us not familiar with the comic book. It's possible Cleland could transform the game..I'm thinking maybe inserting Ryan's voice into the 4th wall clips could help a lot..?

#1037 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yeah, I mean when they announced I was picturing Deadpool movie pin, this comic and 80's fighting game just seems off to most of us not familiar with the comic book. It's possible Cleland could transform the game..I'm thinking maybe inserting Ryan's voice into the 4th wall clips could help a lot..?

It would be icing on top of the cake. Pinball is great, just needs some sound tweaks either by Stern or someone like CLELAND.

#1038 5 years ago

It was well known months before the release that this was going to be comic book based. Not sure why any Pinsider would be surprised by this.

#1039 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

It was well known months before the release that this was going to be comic book based. Not sure why any Pinsider would be surprised by this.

You new here?

#1040 5 years ago

Boom!

#1041 5 years ago

The streams are fantastic and more is better. That’s the world we live in now people expect as much info as they can possibly digest

You think it’s too much? Don’t watch it. I don’t care about this stuff so I don’t watch more than a couple minutes. I’ll discover the game for myself next week.

#1042 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The movies were universally praised by the comic book crowd. All you heard was how it was one of the best adaptations so far, finally a movie that truly matched the comic source. Why would anyone expect a Baby Disney saturday morning cartoon Deadpool pin? We are surprised that Stern missed on what made the movies a beloved phenomenon. I have not read them but my understanding is the comics are not Archie’s and look at the adaptation Archie got.

#1043 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The movies were universally praised by the comic book crowd. All you heard was how it was one of the best adaptations so far, finally a movie that truly matched the comic source. Why would anyone expect a Baby Disney saturday morning cartoon Deadpool pin? We are surprised that Stern missed on what made the movies a beloved phenomenon. I have not read them but my understanding is the comics are not Archie’s and look at the adaptation Archie got.

You arguing points I didn't make.

#1044 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You new here?

Not new, but always perplexed by the confusion and bile of this place from time to time.

#1045 5 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

This is based on the comics, not the movie. The comics have a rating of parental advisory. "Appropriate for readers age 15 and older. May contain moderate violence, mild profanity, graphic imagery and/or suggestive themes"
The fourth wall hasn't been implemented yet in the code where Deadpool taunts the player.

This makes as much sense as doing a Forrest Gump pinball based on the book and not the movie. Sure the written book/comics are the base of the character, but the popularity was made on the screenplay.. and more so than any other superhero character that has a pinball machine if you ask me. Deadpool most likely wouldn't even be a consideration w/o the Movie and it's popularity!

But I'm going to wait this out and stay out of it... I just can't help myself because of the letdown and now I don't know what I'm going to buy. Life goes on.

#1046 5 years ago

I think this was the smoothest reveal in Stern’s history. The deadflip stream was super professional & it happened super FAST

Yes the stream was scripted & corporate but it’s a hosted reveal so it’s to be expected.

#1047 5 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Sure the written book/comics are the base of the character, but the popularity was made on the screenplay.. and more so than any other superhero character that has a pinball machine if you ask me. Deadpool most likely wouldn't even be a consideration w/o the Movie and it's popularity!

May have been a similar thought process with Judge Dredd (not that that was much of a screenplay, or much of a movie for that matter).

#1048 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

May have been a similar thought process with Judge Dredd (not that that was much of a screenplay, or much of a movie for that matter).

Dredd was awesome I guess your referring to the Stallone version.

#1049 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Yep, which I think came out not too long after the pin was made, but maybe that was coincidence?

#1050 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

DREDD is awesome, would love to see someone like Spooky take that theme on and make it true to the film bloody and gritty. Get Karl Urban in for custom callouts and take my money!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-so-many-booms/page/21?hl=davijc02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.