oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 28.
#951 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Thinking something in menu like #RZ would be perfect.
-Mike

Like MET

#952 5 years ago

A great scene would be the The Meg tearing apart deadpool like the shark in Baywatch does to the water skier.

#953 5 years ago

Random initial thoughts (on an incomplete coded, sure to change) Deadpool...

1) The loop to katana ramp shot was way smoother & faster than I expected. Looks very satisfying. In fact all the shots looked fun to shoot. This game will flow ever better on a premium with that up/down ramp installed. All LT orbit shots diverting to the pops on the Pro is kind lame. I bet it leads to way more ninja modes on the Pro, which could get repetitious.

2) Callouts (especially the jokes) will get repetitious & lame after many gameplays. Hope they add 50x the amount of Deadpool callouts before code is finished. Push the envelope more, go for PG-13 at least. If not, this one might be better played on location instead of buying for the home. Ok who brought the dog, right?

3) Lil' Deapdool is featured way too much. I understand making a multiball mode that is easy to achieve for the casual player, but it sure seemed like players were in Lil Deadpool multiball constantly, stacking it with the fight modes & frequent Lil Deadpool jackpot animations, and making it difficult to determine the status of each mode. I guess you will be in 2-ball multiball alot on this game.

4) The lightshow on the Pro was practically non-existent. Lots of colored inserts on the playfield tho. Hope the Prem/LE is better, but with white GI I doubt it. Maybe the disco ball will help.

5) Big Thumbs up on the sounds. I heard firepower & seawitch sounds in there for sure, among others. Great design choice guys! The bonus countdown sounds were a great treat too. Sounds like the changing pitch tops out at around 25 million, so maybe you can fix & extend that somehow.

Gameplay & modes are pretty self explanatory, and the scoring has no where near the depth or strategy of Iron Maiden. That's not what they were going for on this one, and that's fine. Lots of potential here, but I hope they make some improvements. I wonder what version of code they are calling this? If this is something close to 0.95 vs 0.70, then that would be disappointing. Looks like they have some good programmers working on this, so it can only get better from here.

Looking forward to the Premium reveal

#954 5 years ago

The humor is just.... bad. Almost forced. Here's 2 I recall and I thought to myself... I'm not sure my kid would even think that was funny.

"hey sabertooth, brush your saber teeth"

"You should have shape-shifted into something other than a loser!"

Seriously, kind of lame.

I was talking about this game at lunch with a co-worker who's not into pinball, and he's like most- without the DP Movies, he's lost on the theme and DP would most likely not even be in his realm of knowledge as far as superhero's go. He said that even he would have been interested in a DP pin if it was movie themed because the movies are just so funny and different.. but with the cartoon theme, he thought it seemed to be "just another cartoon comic book character" type game. I could tell he was excited to hear about a DP pin, yet became dissapointed at the comic book part of it. Makes you wonder how this will do on location?

#955 5 years ago

So I got a friend who just won’t shut the F up about how Deadpool is bi/poly/Pansexual whatever and what a historic boom this is

Anybody spot anything particularly bi/poly/Pan in the stream last night?

#956 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So I got a friend who just won’t shut the F up about how Deadpool is bi/poly/Pansexual whatever and what a historic boom this is

Jack Danger, BOOOM

#957 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nope but I was curious about the blond Asian guy/gal all in black with a black mask? Was that a look or a germs culture thing? NO offense meant just curious if this is how the cool kids dress now? Kind of a Michael Jackson vibe?

#958 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Jack Danger, BOOOM

Boom boom!

Embarrassing

#959 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your constant slobbering of Gary Stern's knob just kidding, it's not constantly. You have to rest those old knees of yours.

#960 5 years ago

Out of everyone commenting about no R rated content surely one person must have Facebook?? If so message george and ask about there being any R rated content.

#961 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Nope but I was curious about the blond Asian guy/gal all in black with a black mask? Was that a look or a germs culture thing? NO offense meant just curious if this is how the cool kids dress now? Kind of a Michael Jackson vibe?

That was Jared. He has a new look due to all the secrets and interviews he's been involved with.

428c8d3a33301e3de25444011f1428f741857e18 (resized).jpg428c8d3a33301e3de25444011f1428f741857e18 (resized).jpg

#962 5 years ago

Quick question...does the shot to the immediate left of the scoop go to a standup or does it loop around to the left?

I haven't been following the thread or watched video yet, so it may have been talked about.

#963 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Quick question...does the shot to the immediate left of the scoop go to a standup or does it loop around to the left?
I haven't been following the thread or watched video yet, so it may have been talked about.

Same question here. Didn’t see anyone hit anything there it just dribbled back out

#964 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Out of everyone commenting about no R rated content surely one person must have Facebook?? If so message george and ask about there being any R rated content.

Now that is funny.

#965 5 years ago

Stern releases Guardians of the Galaxy, a movie-based pin that was hampered by licensor issues, Screen Actors Guild limitations, voice actor fill-ins, repetitive movie clips on the LCD, etc.
Pinside: "We want more original themes. If you can't get the license, don't bother doing the license."

Stern releases Deadpool, a licensed pin but with the creative freedom to do whatever they wanted - essentially an "original" theme.
Pinside: "We wanted a movie-based pin. Why didn't you do the movie?!?"

#966 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Stern releases Guardians of the Galaxy, a movie-based pin that was hampered by licensor issues, Screen Actors Guild limitations, voice actor fill-ins, repetitive movie clips on the LCD, etc.
Pinside: "We want more original themes. If you can't get the license, don't bother doing the license."
Stern releases Deadpool, a licensed pin but with the creative freedom to do whatever they wanted - essentially an "original" theme.

4B90F8CD-E56A-4AC2-A4E8-07F20E79BBF0 (resized).jpeg4B90F8CD-E56A-4AC2-A4E8-07F20E79BBF0 (resized).jpeg
#967 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Well that's not really what happened.

They got a license and so far have shown little of the humor that the license is known for, even outside of the movie.

With all that creative freedom they made a repetitive sounding and less than funny pin. (So far, can still be updated )That's my beef.

#968 5 years ago

In the long run, the comic will stand the test of time a lot better than the movie. That is a fact. Remember how pissed everyone was when Spiderman was all movie stuff so they ended up doing the comic version. Comic version will appeal to more people and the art is awesome. So what if people "like the movie" then watch the movie and play Deadpool pinball after! Two different experiences, same character, and a lot of fun! People that don't read comics, I suggest you give it a try, you really don't know what you are missing.

#969 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

It's a tight turnaround (like on the original Black Knight) that exits slightly down and right, and is meant to hit the "Colossal Jackpot" standup target just under the bottom pop / left of the Lil Deadpool drops. Unfortunately it looks like this is the one clunky shot on the machine, and I rarely saw it work properly. It seemed to mostly reject and come back out the shot entrance.

#970 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Kind of short-sighted, don't you think? There's more to it than that. If Deadpool pin had been an adult-themed, rude and crude like the movies, instead of "mini-deadpool" childish call-outs, it would have worked soooo much better. Kind of like how Metallica integrated it's in-your-face theme. It just works. Could you imagine a "baby" anything on MET?

#971 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Now that is funny.

DEBD0FF2-F07A-44B5-B7EE-13B6FF9E061F.gifDEBD0FF2-F07A-44B5-B7EE-13B6FF9E061F.gif
#972 5 years ago

During the Disco mode, Stern took a shot at Monster Bash with Drac falling down on his skates. Drac dances with the Disco ball in MB during the extra ball sequence.

#973 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Are there added features? The LCD sure (even though the know it alls say it costs the same), but do they games have that much more than say Metallica?

That's a good point, though DP has spinners and a mechanical lock, Metallica is pretty full featured too and Sparky > miniDP. I was thinking more along the lines of SW and GOT.

#974 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I forget the story, I just think it's someone that works there? Assumed that was just their style as it has been for a few reveal videos...perhaps just don't want to be streamed online as not everyone loves the camera eye? I've always thought it was a pretty good look.

Quoted from Jvspin:

That's a good point, though DP has spinners and a mechanical lock, Metallica is pretty full featured too and Sparky > miniDP. I was thinking more along the lines of SW and GOT.

Well GOT has a physical lock, spinner, Drops, kickback. SW has a 5 bank drops & spinner but the low end could be placed there I guess but that's pretty nit picky. MEt had drops, magnet....that's kind of it isn't it? I'm wondering if the art plays a role in feeling expensive?

#975 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Quoted from ZMeny:

Same question here. Didn’t see anyone hit anything there it just dribbled back out

It loops back around to the left flipper- it’s like a mini orbit. Looked like a fun shot - a lot of players were backhanding it from the left flipper.

#976 5 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Kind of short-sighted, don't you think? There's more to it than that. If Deadpool pin had been an adult-themed, rude and crude like the movies, instead of "mini-deadpool" childish call-outs, it would have worked soooo much better. Kind of like how Metallica integrated it's in-your-face theme. It just works. Could you imagine a "baby" anything on MET?

It is based on the comics, not the movies, and they can go anywhere from PG-13 to 18+ depending on the writer/interpretation of the character. I think for every person who wants rude, crude swearing Deadpool you would lose out on people who want something that can be played by kids in an arcade or at home. Looks like they made the choice to go the PG-13 route, my guess is it will gain them more sales than it would lose taking into account family friendly locations and people who have small kids at home.

#977 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

my guess is it will gain them more sales than it would lose taking into account family friendly locations and people who have small kids at home.

Why not make it a setting and not lose any sales?

#978 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Money?

#979 5 years ago

I'm sure they'll do a little if the actor playing the voice is allowed to get adultish.
Again, they did it with MET, everyone just calm down.

#980 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Maybe there will be? Can only judge on what is there now, and I don't mind it. If it doesn't end up with f-bombs and sex jokes then either Stern decided they didn't want the pin to be that way, or the licensor did. Either way I doubt Pinside has stumbled onto anything they haven't already considered.

#981 5 years ago

He is an artist on the DeadPool art team if I recall the stream.

Quoted from Yelobird:

#982 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

If it doesn't end up with f-bombs and sex jokes then either Stern decided they didn't want the pin to be that way, or the licensor did.

It’s possible to fix with pinball browser as the games voice actor (Nolan North) has done voiceover for an R rated Deadpool game that’s full of R rated material if the clips can be extracted BOOM!!

#983 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It loops back around to the left flipper- it’s like a mini orbit. Looked like a fun shot - a lot of players were backhanding it from the left flipper.

I think you are talking about the shot to the right of the scoop (Wolverine). That does look fun...similar to Cyclops on X-Men. They were asking about the tight turnaround into the Colossus target to the left of the scoop.

#984 5 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Yup, pros make the most sense to have the best art package. Stern is a manufacturing business that thrives on volume. You don't want your best art package on a model that will have 500 units +/-. Those would sell if you let a 3rd grade class design the cab. You want the best art packages on your bread and butter, repeatable, volume model. That is the pro.

Oh really....? I'm guessing Stern missed that memo.

GOTPro (resized).jpgGOTPro (resized).jpgGOTLE (resized).jpgGOTLE (resized).jpg

MetPro (resized).jpgMetPro (resized).jpgMetLE (resized).jpgMetLE (resized).jpg

StarTrekPro (resized).pngStarTrekPro (resized).pngStarTrekLE (resized).pngStarTrekLE (resized).png

TWDPro (resized).pngTWDPro (resized).pngTWDLE (resized).pngTWDLE (resized).png

XMenPro (resized).pngXMenPro (resized).pngXmenLE (resized).pngXmenLE (resized).png

#985 5 years ago

I think until the fourth wall is added to the code (which would include more Nolan North comments), it is too early to judge call outs etc.

The "R" rated comments from the video games could be added using pinball browser for those who want them

#986 5 years ago

Literally the only one you posted where I like the LE better is walking dead. The rest the pro looked best. But this is all opinion.

#987 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Literally the only one you posted where I like the LE better is walking dead. The rest the pro looked best. But this is all opinion.

Yeah it's all subjective. I think TWD LE is the worst...but I'm probably just having flashbacks of Metallica LE, which actually was the worst thing ever.

#988 5 years ago

Hmmmm. Here’s a thought. What if the 4th wall Deadpool in 4K video actually turned out to be voiced by Ryan Reynolds. How awesome would that be and he could even get into back and forth chatter with the cartoon Deadpool voiced by Nolan North

#989 5 years ago

Do we know what version of the code they are on? Is the light show going to be substantially different on the premium/limited than on the pro? Full color changing RGB lighting or any similar factory light show upgrades?

#990 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Hmmmm. Here’s a thought. What if the 4th wall Deadpool in 4K video actually turned out to be voiced by Ryan Reynolds. How awesome would that be and he could even get into back and forth chatter with the cartoon Deadpool voiced by Nolan North

That’d be great, but with how flatly some of the jokes are written, I doubt Stern would have thought to have gotten this cleverly meta.

#991 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Captain's log. Post #985. The premium appears to be wearing a cloaking device.

#992 5 years ago

It hasn't been revealed the current version of Code but the Manual is posted on stern site and there are arrow rgb inserts and the center drop bank in rgb. The rest will be white LEDs. Stern is capable of making great light shows, so we'll see.

Quoted from PavBall:

Do we know what version of the code they are on? Is the light show going to be substantially different on the premium/limited than on the pro? Full color changing RGB lighting or any similar factory light show upgrades?

#993 5 years ago

I just got around to watching the stream. I knew there were going to be "retro" sounds, but didn't expect it to sound so much like Firepower. The launch sound, the pops, and the side targets all mimic Firepower from what I could tell.

...not necessarily a bad thing...just not sure I'd put 'em side by side.

#994 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I just got around to watching the stream. I knew there were going to be "retro" sounds, but didn't expect it to sound so much like Firepower. The launch sound, the pops, and the side targets all mimic Firepower from what I could tell.
...not necessarily a bad thing...just not sure I'd put 'em side by side.

Pinball browser

I love some of the retro sounds but I think some profanity from Deadpool at certain points (pops) will be awesome!

#995 5 years ago

Gameplay looks great.

#996 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Gameplay looks great.

I just watched the stream again and liked what I saw a lot more the first time. I think the problem with such a good looking game artwise/layout is expectations go through the roof.

Those left/upper loops and that orbit to ramp shot look awesome! Once the code is more advanced with the 4th wall breaking Deadpool it’s only going to get better.

#997 5 years ago

Watching the stream again, more thoughts:

1) The sound effects were overpowering. Whether it was due to direct audio capture or attenuation settings, dunno, but I found it hard to enjoy the stream (especially in headphones).

2) No real lightshow, but that could be early code, and /or the camera setup. JD mentioned on stream last night that he had the saturation and brightness on the camera wrong, my guess is it was washing out any lightshow that was there.

3) Lil Deadpool was jumping up on screen a bit too often for me, taking priority over other screens, even when in battle modes which was jarring. It also seemed like not only was it easy to get into lil Deadpool multiball the first time, but looks like his multiball was coming up quite often. On the stream it looks like JD got one at about 57 mins in, then another at 58 mins in.

The good thing is I think these are easily tweakable, the pin looks like it shoots great, art is great, I love the theme. On the fence for an LE, taking the weekend to sleep on it/decide, but if I don't go LE I could easily see myself getting a Premium later on.

#998 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Watching the stream again, more thoughts:
1) The sound effects were overpowering. Whether it was due to direct audio capture or attenuation settings, dunno, but I found it hard to enjoy the stream (especially in headphones).
2) No real lightshow, but that could be early code, and /or the camera setup. JD mentioned on stream last night that he had the saturation and brightness on the camera wrong, my guess is it was washing out any lightshow that was there.
3) Lil Deadpool was jumping up on screen a bit too often for me, taking priority over other screens, even when in battle modes which was jarring. It also seemed like not only was it easy to get into lil Deadpool multiball the first time, but looks like his multiball was coming up quite often. On the stream it looks like JD got one at about 57 mins in, then another at 58 mins in.
The good thing is I think these are easily tweakable, the pin looks like it shoots great, art is great, I love the theme. On the fence for an LE, taking the weekend to sleep on it/decide, but if I don't go LE I could easily see myself getting a Premium later on.

I watched again earlier 1. Is definitly something I felt but watching for a second time with expectations in check it does feel like the direct audio was the cause behind that, you literally can’t hear anything else that you usually do when playing.

2. Early code lightshows are not all there, they are to come in abundance especially on the Prem/LE.

3. Lil Deadpool appears to be placeholder for the Hi-Res 4th wall Deadpool, watching the stream on repeat viewing there was never a blank screen or empty lcd which I like a lot more than a blank screen acting as a placeholder like we have seen on previous releases.

The only negative so far is no R rated mode, but hopefully pinball browser can fix that with the Deadpool game and other voice work Nolan North has done.

I’m also on the fence with you maybe we should push each other and see which side of the fence we both land on

#999 5 years ago

Personally, I preferred the direct-audio capture. Kudos to Jack for making the switch. When it comes to game reveals, I prefer to hear the hard-work that went into making the audio package for a new pin, rather than listening to playful banter.

#1000 5 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Personally, I preferred the direct-audio capture. Kudos to Jack for making the switch. When it comes to game reveals, I prefer to hear the hard-work that went into making the audio package for a new pin, rather than listening to playful banter.

I do not think it was direct audio because in the beginning of the stream he moves the mic close to the speakers so he can hear the audio better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 25.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-so-many-booms/page/20?hl=blueberryjohnson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.