oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 28.
#51 5 years ago

ZOMBIE YETI IS GOD

#52 5 years ago

Not really a fan of theme but looks like Stern nailed it on this one. Artwork is amazing and layout looks pretty fun. Great colors.

#53 5 years ago

Layout looks fun. Who’s on code?

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Layout looks fun. Who’s on code?

Tanio Klyce is lead.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Great Voice actor for Deadpool, he was used in the Video game. Actually in many games, most famously Nathan Drake in all the Uncharted games!

That was a great move....that guy is awesome!

#57 5 years ago

Loving the video game animation on the LCD display! Fingers crossed this game plays well...

#58 5 years ago

Shut up and take my money.

#59 5 years ago

That kinda seals it for me - think the Pro is the way to go on this title.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You're acting like pros don't have spinners, which is why I'm shitting on your post.
No back to the important shit; anyone have a coil count on this?

Some don't have spinners (GOTG Pro) for instance. Hell I'm just glad to see they are on here....cut me some slack

#61 5 years ago

Signing Zombie Yeti was one of the best moves Stern has made in years. Love the direction they are going with in the artwork.

#62 5 years ago

Support rails for all models is a nice backtrack by Stern. Real knockers: so you're saying there's a chance?

#63 5 years ago

Stern is killing it. Really upped their game on the stuff everyone complained about the past few years. They have gone from the worst Photoshopped art packages to the hands-down best. I think they've decided it's time to put the pretenders to bed.

#64 5 years ago

How soon will le ship?

#65 5 years ago

Looks amazing!

Didn't see anything about RGB inserts or RGB GI in the matrix.

That's odd. Surely something on some of the models.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Looks amazing!

Looks like a lot of clear inserts even on the pro? arrows and Xs, plus all the ones between the slings?

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Tanio Klyce is lead.

Who’s this?

#68 5 years ago

A programmer at Stern. Used to work for Valve. Been there for a number of years now, worked on a bunch of games, just not as lead. Now he's lead.

#69 5 years ago

Looks awesome! I can't wait to play it.

Gomez is credited with lead design... I've gotta wonder if Trudeau started this one, and Gomez finished it up. Seems feasible, given what's happened with Trudeau and the rumors that this was Trudeau's game. I didn't think Gomez was taking the lead design role anymore. (BM66 notwithstanding.)

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Looks awesome! I can't wait to play it.
Gomez is credited with lead design... I've gotta wonder if Trudeau started this one, and Gomez finished it up. Seems feasible, given what's happened with Trudeau and the rumors that this was Trudeau's game. I didn't think Gomez was taking the lead design role anymore. (BM66 notwithstanding.)

According to the C2C just released, they threw John's work away and started over; clean break.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Looks amazing!

Wondered about the same thing but most of the inserts are colored in the pictures of all three models.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Wondered about the same thing but most of the inserts are colored in the pictures of all three models.

It's a Stern; you have to expect RGB triangles, don't you?

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Stern is killing it. Really upped their game on the stuff everyone complained about the past few years. They have gone from the worst Photoshopped art packages to the hands-down best. I think they've decided it's time to put the pretenders to bed.

Agreed...almost. Alice Cooper is also an amazing package. The comic book animations are the icing on the cake. Either way though, we're digging ourselves out of what I consider a bad period of pinball artwork. Good things are coming.

#74 5 years ago

Surprisingly the Pro is my favorite, think its looks great. I do not like the 8-bit style of the animations. Everything else looks awesome.

#75 5 years ago

Just looking at the layout, it feels like it could be Gomez's best layout since Lord of the Rings. While many will say that's not saying much, I do like seeing a return to form for George. A live stream should really bring those loops and ramps to life. If they're smooth, it's going to be the sort of layout that can lead to a lot of clever rule design. This could be a great game, I'm excited to play.

Not a huge drop from premium to pro in regards to features, though losing all those drop targets is probably going to really change the feel of the game, like it does with AC/DC. The pro might be lightning fast.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's a Stern; you have to expect RGB triangles, don't you?

Yes but in most (all??) of the Prem and LE models there has been at least RGB inserts (not just triangles) if not RGB GI too.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I do not like the 8-bit style of the animations.

That's one of the things i like the most. Brings me back to the first Nintendo games era.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

That's one of the things i like the most. Brings me back to the first Nintendo games era.

Just been done to death, I would prefer the display has the same art style as the rest of the pin. 8-bit feels like a budget issue but thats just me.

#79 5 years ago

I have to say it...A shark on the premium and a dinosaur on the limited edition? I was really considering the limited edition on this one but that kind of kills it for me.
Maybe that's where the rumors of Jaws and Jurassic Park came from.
I'm in on the pro and that's probably where I'll stay.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Just been done to death, I would prefer the display has the same art style as the rest of the pin. 8-bit feels like a budget issue but thats just me.

It could indeed be a way of cutting development time/costs. A clever way of doing it.

People want code but LCD is the greatest time/resources suck of all with the least benefit to the final package and the player. I think we all need to stop expecting movie quality animation on games that don't have already created movie assets to rely on. It's just not a good use of resources for something that doesn't really matter much. Going forward in the LCD era, it's going to be very important for manufacturers to figure out how to deal with the new tech without allowing their games to get bogged down during pre-production.

Look at TNA - the animations are shit! And nobody cares.

I'm not a collector, but my priorities are layout/rules, then art, with display a distant 3rd. I think more collectors may be coming around to this.

#81 5 years ago

I like the 16-bit look, but the animations themselves aren't very fluid. The style is nice though.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

8-bit feels like a budget issue

They had to create all the art/assets anyway - and for many artists, making good looking lower resolution art is worse than making high def stuff. It probably would have actually been easier for them to do it all in a more cartoony style -- Gomez just chose pixel graphics as a design decision.

#83 5 years ago

I didn’t dissect the animations but from that quick video I love the look of it.

#84 5 years ago

Loving the the Mortal Kombat style 2d sprites. Stern is upping their LCD game.

#85 5 years ago

Looks good. Damn shame I have my heart set on a MBr. Maybe I can pick one of these up in a year on the used market after getting a chance to play it.

#87 5 years ago

Spinning Shuriken pop-caps.

Mod teams: Go.

#88 5 years ago

Man he really did a lot with a two flipper layout. Looks phenomenal and not just because I want it to. Pro is gonna be super tough with those side standups tho.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It could indeed be a way of cutting development time/costs. A clever way of doing it.
People want code but LCD is the greatest time/resources suck of all with the least benefit to the final package and the player. I think we all need to stop expecting movie quality animation on games that don't have already created movie assets to rely on. It's just not a good use of resources for something that doesn't really matter much. Going forward in the LCD era, it's going to be very important for manufacturers to figure out how to deal with the new tech without allowing their games to get bogged down during pre-production.
Look at TNA - the animations are shit! And nobody cares.
I'm not a collector, but my priorities are layout/rules, then art, with display a distant 3rd. I think more collectors may be coming around to this.

I completely agree with you, the only difference is I'm not as forgiving. I don't expect movie quality but I don't excuse 20 year old tech. One step at a time though, they are improving for sure and everything else on this pin looks great. Hopefully they can ship it with decent code. Maybe one day they will have decent graphics on the display. Everyone complains at Houdini for its animation, these looks super low frame rate.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I have to say it...A shark on the premium and a dinosaur on the limited edition? I was really considering the limited edition on this one but that kind of kills it for me.
Maybe that's where the rumors of Jaws and Jurassic Park came from.
I'm in on the pro and that's probably where I'll stay.

It’s Deadpool, the upgraded versions are “out there” and obnoxious for a reason. That’s the point. It’s a Fing massive dinosaur as the top of the line Limited edition. Makes sense to me at least!

#91 5 years ago

seems first impressions are pretty good... and i'm in that mood too

artwork is very nice...
gomez touch is here with an "avengers revenge" in his mind...
tanio, spiritual son of lonnie, should be on it (all main shots have the "X" factor)...

well than, smells good

#92 5 years ago

I can’t stop looking at how awesome the shots look.
The two design concerns I have:
Will r orbit lock rail properly send ball up ramp?

And will there be stuck balls behind drop #3 after having cleared drops 1 and 2?

91BA5D4D-031B-445D-A281-91EBBF7EEFDC.jpeg91BA5D4D-031B-445D-A281-91EBBF7EEFDC.jpeg
#93 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

And will there be stuck balls behind drop #3 after having cleared drops 1 and 2?

Spiritual sequel to Avengers and the Hulk's drops? Haha.

#94 5 years ago

Theres is a video on youtube. Look for this. Sorry do not know how to link it. Looks great

89100111-F7F7-4B81-A7C9-4179257DA94F (resized).jpeg89100111-F7F7-4B81-A7C9-4179257DA94F (resized).jpeg
#95 5 years ago

Pro lacks a controlled gate at the top, ala Wrestlemania. So less loops/flow than prem/LE.

Still, if the Black Widow shot is butter, this will be a really fun “shooter”.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Spiritual sequel to Avengers and the Hulk's drops? Haha.

It hurts to go back and look at the artwork on a game like Avengers.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Hurts as much as it did then. Karate Kick girl....ha such shit.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It's worse playing it. The sounds on the game are great though. I love the effects, but that's about all I like about The Avengers.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I saw thse prices listed ( Holy shit ! No fricking way Stern )
Pro Model: $US 5,999
Premium Model: $US 7,599
Limited Edition Model: $US 8,999

I wish I could pay those prices. Full retail with exchange and tax is 13200 for an LE.

#100 5 years ago

Just looking at the photos, too much red for me almost gives me a headache looking at it. Can't imagine what it will look like with LED's on and ball moving I don't even think I will be able to play it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.99
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ormond Beach, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-so-many-booms/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.