oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 28.
#901 5 years ago

Art is amazing! I really love the movies and not huge into comics, but being born in 80 I relate more to the 32bit graphics than other themes like Munsters or Elvira (never seen an episode). The flow really looks fast, would like to see how the left orbit shoots around in the prem can't wait for that stream! I ordered the Pro, this is going to be a great machine and I bet it will do amazing on location in a younger demographic crowd as well.

Pretty decent pinball music too. Cant wait to see what they do with the code in disco mode, needs a lightshow in that mode for sure! Code could make this really really good.

ps - has the godzilla 2019 title release been rumored yet? Is it Munsters first, then Godzilla possibly?

#902 5 years ago

Game looks stunning. But it’s just begging for a street fighter style video mode.

In the stream they dropped a hint. It has a “fighting combat engine”. So I thing we are in for some trick video modes.

#903 5 years ago

Superb. Glad i've a pro on order.

Lil Deadpool has the potential to be pinballs Jar Jar, tone it down a notch please and I want Steve Ritchie Mortal Combat FATALITY!!! voiced, he's just down the hall so go put a mike under his nose.

#904 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Anyone else think that George used some of his ideas from LOTR on this?
Some of the shots had the fast whipping action like I get in my LOTR, so it would definitely be a good thing in my books.

ok about the katana VS the sword... but talking about layout ideas, i see more avengers (than lotr) in this deadpool pin
and, as not being an avengers hater myself, i really liked what i saw this night... only code seems more than light for now, but OK more will follow on this side of course

#905 5 years ago

How did the Pro end up with the best art package?!!

#906 5 years ago

After this stream I am not sure I can wait a few more days! Great job, the room was a big improvement. Tim explaining a lot at the beginning made it easy for me to understand what the goals were and what people were theoretically going for. A little more animations and this is going to be really immersive for both the player and the spectators. So excited to get these set for people to enjoy!

#907 5 years ago

The thing that doesn’t worry me too much about the callouts is Nolan North has done a lot of Deadpool voice work - the Deadpool Video Game has ALOT of R Rated voicework, I imagine if someone like cleland can get hold of these audio clips and work his magic the pin could easily be turned R Rated.

#908 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The thing that doesn’t worry me too much about the callouts is Nolan North has done a lot of Deadpool voice work - the Deadpool Video Game has ALOT of R Rated voicework, I imagine if someone like cleland can get hold of these audio clips and work his magic the pin could easily be turned R Rated.

Stern many times has an R rated setting. They may simply have not had it on for the stream.

#909 5 years ago

I now realize just how much I suck at pinball!

I was fairly ready to drop coin on this title, but watching the feed made me feel a little meh. After a night's rest I had a little time to digest.

My thought is watching someone destroy a machine in one ball will be very different from my experience in that I certainly won't be seeing the same scenes or shots for 10 minutes at a clip! I'll be struggling to get past one screen at a time!

Overall I thought the reveal to stream was handled superbly. The game looks fast with a few shots needing a slow down by the player. I'm not too into watching the screen, I mean, it's pinball -right? However, the integration was done pretty well

Lil Deadpool - not for me. Well done though.

Callouts - ok. Hope there is more coming.

Voice - Mmmmm, I'd still rather Reynolds, even with the comic theme. No offense to North, I just prefer Reynolds.

Artwork - looked less frantic on the stream. I'm fairly certain it will be fine standing over the playfield battling the ball.

I will copy the remarks of others about Tim's walk through before playing. It definitely helped to understand what was going on.

Nice work Stern team.

#910 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern many times has an R rated setting. They may simply have not had it on for the stream.

I’d imagine they would have mentioned that as a feature, it would be quite the selling point don’t you think?

#911 5 years ago

I wasn’t too into the Deadpool stream. I just think the game isn’t that exciting.

#912 5 years ago

The stream in The break room worked real well. It was hard to see everyone though. And no seeing what’s on the line. Still a win there.
Game play looked fun. Some harder shots. But a “brick” miss the left scoop had time to go other directions and not back at the flipper.
Callouts and multiball seem repetitive. But remember GB reveal. They had not much code and tons of MB. Now that’s smoothed out.
Lil Deadpool animations seemed too long. Kind of reminded me of the bowling animations from moonbeam city. I didn’t like how he animations took away from the rest of the game feel. Definitely shorten them up please. I definitely want to play. Maybe own. Not first run. I won’t do that again.

#913 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Usually it isn't the other way around ain't it? You work with original content and you activate family mode.

For R rated setting: Deadpool doesn't have one. Gomez said so himself.

#914 5 years ago

I thought it looked.... bad. When I watched the iron maiden video I thought "the theme sucks but the game is GREAT." When I watched this, it was the opposite reaction.

Also, while I appreciate the effort on the monitor, the sprites looked terrible. I love hand drawn sprites and am a HUGE fighting game fan (before pinball I collected king of fighters and street fighter games), and maybe it's because I'm used to good 2d fighting animation that makes this look all that more.... shitty.

I wasnt impressed, which sucks because I was super excited about this one.

#915 5 years ago

I thought the game looked like a lot of fun! The right ramp looked really smooth and fast and I liked all of the variation in the modes and display animations. Not sure yet if Lil Deadpool will get annoying over time and if the humor was what I was expecting (I was expecting more adult humor) but maybe that will come later as the game didn't have any instances of Deadpool breaking the 3rd wall yet.

One question on the layout. What does the shot to the right of the left ramp (to the left of the scoop) do? -is there a standup target at the end of the shot or does it exit somewhere? It didn't seem to get shot much during the part of the stream that I watched.

#916 5 years ago

The DeadFlip reveal and stream were top notch. Jack really has it down and does a great job directing traffic. You know it's not easy. New Stern hires like Keith and timballs are great for the company, and for these reveals, because it really gives us pinheads an overview on what's going on and why. The pin definitely looks like fun. Different layout which is nice. That right jump ramp to the katana was a lot smoother than I thought. Only thing I didn't like was the script.

I really like Deadpool movie humor, so I was looking forward to a not-so-serious pin. They put in humor, but it's just not a particularly funny script.

Example...DP vs. Juggernaut. The line is something like "You will JuggerNOT win". It's a flat joke.
I'd expect something like "Right in the Juggernuts" or along those lines. Not Rated R, but PG.

Not harping on Jugger, or saying how to write a comedic script, but that's only 1 example of about 100 soundbites I heard that just aren't really funny.

The only thing worse than no humor, is bad humor. Deadpool needs to be funny and there are plenty of jokes you can work in that aren't R.

Also his voice kind of reminds me of someone that was in the center square in the 70s.
paullynde (resized).jpgpaullynde (resized).jpg

#917 5 years ago

Want to thank Dead Flip for the great stream as always. What I really liked was the introduction and explanation of all of the people involved in this project. It makes you realize how much time and effort goes into the design and build of a game. Good to give props.

Game looks like a lot of fun. The music is awesome and it appears that an external polk is a must on this title. I really can't wait to play it. The pro looks like the way to go but it will all come down to how cool the disco mode is. If it is like Star Trek Klingon laser multi-ball, it will be a must for premium/LE. Great job Stern!

#918 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Want to thank Dead Flip for the great stream as always. What I really liked was the introduction and explanation of all of the people involved in this project. It makes you realize how much time and effort goes into the design and build of a game. Good to give props.

It was also nice to see how proud they were of the game.

#919 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It was also nice to see how proud they were of the game.

Yes you can tell a lot of passion went into this title, from the art to design to the interaction with shots and graphics(genius). I like games that are fun and this game to me looks like a ton of fun.

#920 5 years ago

It looked like the most people to ever work on a game at Stern. Wow, 7 artists and a bunch of programmers and others. It shows Stern is putting their profits into staff to make better games. Very nice.

#921 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes you can tell a lot of passion went into this title, from the art to design to the interaction with shots and graphics(genius). I like games that are fun and this game to me looks like a ton of fun.

It's almost as if the people at Stern are human after all!

stars-are-just-like-us-big (resized).jpgstars-are-just-like-us-big (resized).jpg
#922 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's a lot of money to just spend on a whim for having a plaque.

I don't get the LE thing either, but they have stepped things up a bit on what you get in the LE instead of just 'different art'. The last two add in a shaker, anti-glare glass, upgraded speakers, etc. It's not as bad as it was.

#923 5 years ago

I am pleasantly surprised how much I really like the layout, and the old school vibe this game gives off. Anyone who knows me knows of my vast Mortal Kombat history and my love for 90s pixel fighting games. This is almost a must have for me now. I just wish we could go back to the 45-$ 4750 pro pricing. Looks like so much fun

#924 5 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

wish we could go back to the 45-$ 4750 pro pricing. Looks like so much fun

That would be amazing!

#925 5 years ago

The game just looks like pure fun. Going the comics route and being able to have creative freedom was the best thing they could have done. My only suggestion is for more fanfare animations when completing a battle/quest. As it stands, the storyline is a little confusing. The T-Rex and Meg quests just kind of end which is a shame after their great intro sequences. The dialogue mentions getting DNA from them but I am not sure if they ever explained why. Mr. Sinister is a genetics-obsessed villain - does it have something to do with the Mr. Sinister final wizard mode? Can't wait to shoot it myself!

#926 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

That would be amazing!

It would be even more amazing if they sold them for $3000!

#927 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The pro looks like the way to go but it will all come down to how cool the disco mode is. If it is like Star Trek Klingon laser multi-ball, it will be a must for premium/LE. Great job Stern!

I think it has the potential to be superior to the Star Trek laser mode.

Gomez has confirmed the GI will go down for this. When I had a Star Trek Premium, I had to buy a mod board to accomplish this same thing, when it could have been done in code the whole time.

Fingers crossed.

#928 5 years ago

We often have teens over who play head to head on the switch or chexx vs pins.
Other than GOTG, this may be the first title in a bit to draw a younger crowd, little Deadpool and all.
I don’t mind it. Good stuff so far.

#929 5 years ago

So, help me out here.... when I give a heartfelt opinion, unless I praise something, it gets negged. Does that sum it up? I wanna be clear on how the rules work.

#930 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So, help me out here.... when I give a heartfelt opinion, unless I praise something, it gets negged.

If you praise something that someone else doesn't approve of, you can be negged too. Them's the rules.

#931 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So, help me out here.... when I give a heartfelt opinion, unless I praise something, it gets negged. Does that sum it up? I wanna be clear on how the rules work.

Not sure how you define "Heartfelt"? You judged a team of artists, designers, engineers, that put in thousands of hours a work on a game Noted as not completely done as "Shitty" based on a YouTube video. That seems like an honest assessment and correct evaluation? Saying it could be better, fine, saying its Shitty?

#932 5 years ago

Excellent gameplay video and nice layout & rules explanations before hand.

#933 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You said you weren't impressed and the graphics looked "shitty". You are entitled to that "heartfelt" opinion but I couldn't disagree with you more. I felt the opposite I wasn't huge into the Deadpool movies but saw the feed last night and felt it was amazing. I'm a big fan of 80/90s video games and love that they are bringing some of that aesthetic into a pin. Stern clearly has put a lot of effort and people behind this. I wasn't planning on getting this game at all, but after the stream I decided to get an LE (especially since they are now including more things in the LE package) - my regular distributor was sold out, but I found one at another distributor.

#934 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

The rules are it’s stupid to care about that.

If it bothers you, best thing to do is turn off downvotes. You will never see a downvote, and you can’t leave anybody a downvote either.

#935 5 years ago

If someone is in the market.
I have one Deadpool LE that just became available.

#936 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I have to say the animation is better than I expected. I originally disliked but its actually pretty good especially considering its Stern. They do need to fix that red font. So often you have red messages over red background and its a mess. Most excited I have been for any Stern reveal. I'm genuinely pretty stoked for this, I would have prefered the Movie License but they nailed this one.

This was my initial impression when I tuned into the stream. It was exciting and didn't look so bad, I thought ok give Stern a break your expecting too much. Unfortunately after about 30 minutes I was done, there is just not enough there. The frame count and variety is just way too low. After sleeping on things and reading other peoples comments, they really missed with this theme. Baby Deadpool, WTF they went Jar Jar Binks? This is Saturday morning cartoon Deadpool, this is the exact opposite of what made Deadpool the second biggest R movie in history. Only Jesus with a violence extravaganza barely managed to maintain the throne. Looks, sounds and appears to play like an incredible pin, but it's a terrible use of the license.

#937 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

The voting system is silly. It would be better to get rid of it, but they won't. So, just ignore it or turn it off.

#938 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

A thumbs down just means the person disagreed with all or part of your assessment. No big deal.

How you word an opinion can have a large influence on people giving a thumbs down. Not so much with a thumbs up.

#939 5 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

How did the Pro end up with the best art package?!!

Usually does

Quoted from Doctor6:

I wanna be clear on how the rules work.

After 10 years you should probably know most of them.

#940 5 years ago

Deadpin.

#941 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Usually does

Yup, pros make the most sense to have the best art package. Stern is a manufacturing business that thrives on volume. You don't want your best art package on a model that will have 500 units +/-. Those would sell if you let a 3rd grade class design the cab. You want the best art packages on your bread and butter, repeatable, volume model. That is the pro.

#942 5 years ago
#943 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It would be even more amazing if they sold them for $3000!

I'm fine with 5000. Let's be reasonable, it's not cheap to do this. However now that we are getting closer to 6k for a Pro, no.

#944 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm fine with 5000. Let's be reasonable, it's not cheap to do this. However now that we are getting closer to 6k for a Pro, no.

I'm glad to see the money from the price increases finally going towards added features in the games. The recent pros are looking much better IMO.

Not one, but two spinners. Drop targets, metal ramps and habitrails, mechanical ball lock and LCD with lots of custom content.

#945 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I'm glad to see the money from the price increases finally going towards added features in the games. The recent pros are looking much better IMO.

Are there added features? The LCD sure (even though the know it alls say it costs the same), but do they games have that much more than say Metallica? All I hear is people ripping games like SW for being cheap and GOTs "low coil count ."
GB was supposed to be packed with shit they said.

#946 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

GB was supposed to be packed with shit they said

Oh, it was packed with shit alright.

#947 5 years ago

I think it looks great, I can wait to play it. Any word on whether it will have an adult sound setting? The game sounds very PG compared to the movies

#948 5 years ago

I think the game is "Ok"

Its really missing the R rated stuff.

I mean the megaladon and TREX scenes are absolute no doubters. The shark and Trex should tear deadpool apart. Deadpool gets torn apart and beat to hell all the time. Then he regenerates. Thats a big part of DP they are missing out on and could add more humor.

The ninjas and Streetfighter stuff. Again not gory and bloody at all. More PG stuff.

Im not saying the game needs to be a bloody slasher film. But it needs at least a little to be DP.

#949 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

I think the game is "Ok"
Its really missing the R rated stuff.
I mean the megaladon and TREX scenes are absolute no doubters. The shark and Trex should tear deadpool apart. Deadpool gets torn apart and beat to hell all the time. Then he regenerates. Thats a big part of DP they are missing out on and could add more humor.
The ninjas and Streetfighter stuff. Again not gory and bloody at all. More PG stuff.
Im not saying the game needs to be a bloody slasher film. But it needs at least a little to be DP.

Ideally they would have an adult mode setting that can be turned on. Then people who operate these with easily offended people can keep it clean, and the rest of us can turn on adult mode.

#950 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Ideally they would have an adult mode setting that can be turned on.

Thinking something in menu like #RZ would be perfect.
-Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-so-many-booms/page/19?hl=melhadmj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.