oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 28.
#801 5 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

Except deadpool is defined by his humor, i was expecting wall breaks, puns, innuendo.
The things that made comics and movies fun

Ya but he has to concentrate on playing pinball too. Deadpool can’t do it all.

#802 5 years ago

I'd love to know what Deadpool fans think of this. I'm finding the callouts very repetitive and annoying. I think I'd be
exhausted after one game on this and want to move on to a different machine.

#803 5 years ago
Quoted from WeLoveScott:

I'd love to know what Deadpool fans think of this. I'm finding the callouts very repetitive and annoying. I think I'd be

I'm a big fan, grew up with the comics.

I love the art and animation and sound. Like I've posted, I wish there was more humor besides the obvious visual stuff. Hell the playfield quotes are hilarious, why not some of that stuff in the callouts?

They got some of the comic specifics right, which is super cool, but it feels like it's too rated g

#804 5 years ago

Sound effects are reminiscent of Williams’ Defender / Joust

#805 5 years ago
Quoted from WeLoveScott:

The longer I watch the less Deadpool it feels. I'm not a comic guy so I only know Deadpool from the movies. This kinda feels like your Saturday morning cartoon Deadpool. The music doesn't feel Deadpool at at all, good pin music, just not Deadpool.

#806 5 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

Except deadpool is defined by his humor, i was expecting wall breaks, puns, innuendo.

I thought there was plenty of funny stuff in there. The wall breaks haven’t been programmed yet.

#807 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The longer I watch the less Deadpool it feels. I'm not a comic guy so I only know Deadpool from the movies. This kinda feels like your Saturday morning cartoon Deadpool. The music doesn't feel Deadpool at at all, good pin music, just not Deadpool.

Ha...classic post. "Hey I don't know what Deadpool is but this doesn't feel like Deadpool to me."

#808 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I thought there was plenty of funny stuff in there. The wall breaks haven’t been programmed yet.

Are you sure I think the little Deadpool is supposed to be breaking the 4th wall?

#809 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I hope so. I did just hear an Elwin joke so that was great

#810 5 years ago

Is that target up there a kicking target for the ramp?

#811 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Are you sure I think the little Deadpool is supposed to be breaking the 4th wall?

Someone Stern mentioned it in the stream.

#812 5 years ago

it seems a little weird on the dmd where deadpool just stands there and doesn't block or fight back. Just takes the hit.

#813 5 years ago

Hey can someone comment on the gameplay itself? Long ball times? Shots?
Couldn’t make stream- thx

#814 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Hey can someone comment on the gameplay itself? Long ball times? Shots?
Couldn’t make stream- thx

Yes and yes

#815 5 years ago

I just wish he reacted to the hit, get busted up, have some reaction and sarcasm.

#816 5 years ago

Funniest thing I've seen on the stream was a stern employee wearing a Godzilla shirt, if that was deliberate, it's one hell of a good troll

#817 5 years ago

Is the soundtrack all EDM music? Any hip hop?

#818 5 years ago

He sounds a little like Rocket Raccoon to me...

But def LOVING the retro arcade sound FX

#819 5 years ago

Maybe it was on family mode?

Also I heard George say code was not finished yet.

#820 5 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

Funniest thing I've seen on the stream was a stern employee wearing a Godzilla shirt, if that was deliberate, it's one hell of a good troll

Had to be deliberate.

#821 5 years ago

I caught the end, not enough to really form an opinion, but they confirmed it will be archived to YouTube tonight if you missed it.

#822 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Yes sure because it was said by George multiple times.

#823 5 years ago

Little deadpool is my least favorite part

#824 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Is the soundtrack all EDM music? Any hip hop?

Every track is different alltogether all over the place...

But yeah the main songs are techno & hard rock.

#825 5 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

Am I missing the humor? Not a ton of funny moments

the shooter rod reveal was hilarious. same shitty stern accessories at crazy prices!!

#826 5 years ago

I caught some of the stream. Gorgeous pin but I'm glad i passed on this one.

Just not down my alley. However, for the Deadpool comic guys I'm sure its a home run.

Munsters has my attention.

#827 5 years ago

I like the game. Thought is was fast and had great flow. Lighting is boring and I wasn’t impressed with the music or call outs, but otherwise It’s a winner. I will change out the music and make this game rock! That’s two in a row for Stern in my book! Nice job guys!

#828 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I caught the end, not enough to really form an opinion, but they confirmed it will be archived to YouTube tonight if you missed it.

Since you're obviously new to the forum:

You don't need trivial things such as information to form an opinion and defend your position to the death.

#829 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I caught some of the stream. Gorgeous pin but I'm glad i passed on this one.

Just not down my alley. However, for the Deadpool comic guys I'm sure its a home run.

Munsters has my attention.

Definitely the opposite for me, I don't think I ever saw even one episode of the Munsters so no interest there, love me some comic book based stuff. Looks fun. As others have said ball times look long, but that was also while it was being played by people WAY better than I'll ever be.

My biggest concerns were laid to rest. The orbit to ramp shot looked smooth, display and sound effects looked good and a lot of code in place already. It looks like the days of virtually no code on release are over (knock on wood).

#830 5 years ago

Looks very, very good. The animations are very reminsceirnt of the X-Men arcade game of the early 90's. Seems very fast for a Gomez game, without the clunkiness of some of his recent titles. I enjoyed the humor as well.

Just looks amazing.

However, leave it to a few Pinsiders to come in here and piss their bile all over this thread.

#831 5 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

You clearly havent seen the avatar and TF days on release. By far the cleanest reveal ever. Give it a few more months.

#832 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

However, leave it to a few Pinsiders to come in here and piss their bile all over this thread.

No worries, your rimjobs even every thing out.

#833 5 years ago

Was hoping for Movie version, but I like what I see. Great job Stern!

Time to purchase and pass on Munsters and Elvira re-themes.

#834 5 years ago

This game looks rad in every sense of the word "rad" ... Stern has certainly done *very* well since Star Wars .

The retro sound effects are awesome. Stern is also learning how to use the LCDs effectively on their games (though the only "bad" LCD work so far has been Star Wars ... and it's not my intent to trash Star Wars ).

Does anyone get an 80s Gottlieb vibe from the layout?

#835 5 years ago

Why stream this while leaving on Williams Defender and Williams Cosmic Gunfight from 1982? Makes it hard to focus on DP...

Mof

#836 5 years ago
Quoted from BenLogan:

Sound effects are reminiscent of Williams’ Defender / Joust

Not reminiscent, they sounded like they were directly ripped from Firepower/Robotron/Defender games..... very easy to tell those sounds from those old Williams games.

#837 5 years ago

Overall I'm pretty impressed but what stands out for me...

Positive:
I liked that you could kinda permanently stay in multiball with the lil Deadpool Toy, locking 1 Ball easy.
Liked the Lil Deadpool alltogether with his nice sounds and lighting it looks way more fun then a Tie Fighter on a spring and I don't continue thinking a major toy is missing.

Loved that the Katana drops one Ball from the stock while the one coming in is still on it's way.

Shots seemed awesome. Flow is great, Gomez Ramps not clunking too often.

Not quite as positive:
Some kind of presented story/ or shown linear progression to a goal is missing for me. For me not knowing the comics, that's all random stuff happening.
Something like "I need to smack all of X to Y" would be enough (like the one Sentence at the beginning of TotAN).

The music is... ok. Some tracks are great but the problem with beeing all over the place is that you definately have something in there that you like less.
I guess I'd change a track or something.

Lighting could be enhanced with Disco Mode on the Pro having some blinking GI or something; I guess that will come overtime.

#838 5 years ago

Game looks very good. One thing that seemed a little odd was seeing balls on the right orbit area fall back into the shooter lane.

#839 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No worries, your rimjobs even every thing out.

You seem like an expert on that subject.

Disturbing.

#840 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

He sounds a little like Rocket Raccoon to me...
But def LOVING the retro arcade sound FX

I thought he sounded like movie Rocket, too. They should have hired Nolan for GOTG, lol.

Not sure I’m feeling the old pin SFX, tho. George loves putting them in...Ironhide mini-pf on TF had classic pin sounds. I’d prefer SFX that fit the theme and mode context.

Overall looks well designed. Shots look fun & that loop-to-ramp gimmick worked every shot while I was watching. Something felt a little sterile about it though...that happens when there’s no real standout centerpiece mech or feature. It’ll prob gain more personality with future updates & more voice clips. I’d def play one on location, but nothing screams “buy me”.

#841 5 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

Stern is also learning how to use the LCDs effectively on their games (though the only "bad" LCD work so far has been Star Wars ... and it's not my intent to trash Star Wars ).

I don;t know how anyone thinks Aersomith is a slam dunk.

Quoted from Sinestro:

Disturbing.

Expert on Rimjobs...umm...yeah.

#842 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Disturbing.

Are you saying that cuz he gives good rimjobs?

#843 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don;t know how anyone thinks Aersomith is a slam dunk.

Expert on Rimjobs...umm...yeah.

That's the word on the street.

#844 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Are you saying that cuz he gives good rimjobs?

Then I wouldn't be using words like "seem" would I?

#845 5 years ago

Ahhhh I get the part that disturbs you now. Sorry, "up north" they're given to lovers, not barnyard friends.

#846 5 years ago

I bet Stern tightened the hell out of every nut and bolt before this Dead Flip! Lol

#849 5 years ago

Ive been to Michigan a number of times and I’ve seen several women that appeared to be barnyard animals.

#850 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I like the game. Thought is was fast and had great flow. Lighting is boring and I wasn’t impressed with the music or call outs, but otherwise It’s a winner. I will change out the music and make this game rock! That’s two in a row for Stern in my book! Nice job guys!

Seems like the perfect pin to put whatever music you want.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-so-many-booms/page/17?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.