oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 28.
#701 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

How did Marvel get away with the Deadpool character to begin with. He was a ripoff of DC's Deathstroke and to add insult to injury, Deathstroke's name is Slade Wilson and Deadpool's is Wade Wilson. Why didn't DC do anything? It's kind of funny how blatant the ripoff is.

Because Marvel is Evil.

#703 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Yeah DC is not exactly killing it in the motion picture department.

That's cause Marvel is run by a secret evil computer that maps eveything out for the next 10 years, and DC is run by people thinking Zach Snyder can make a fucking movie....like seriously this is still going on. They made Suicide Squad, watched it and thought "Zach really has his finger on the pulse!"

Marvel lacks villains for me.

#704 5 years ago

cant play vinyl on a BOOM.box

boombox01 (resized).jpgboombox01 (resized).jpg
#705 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Because Marvel is Evil.

ROFL I almost spit out my drink!

#706 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Half of DC is nothing but Marvel rip offs. Both have numerous blatant rip off characters. It's not Marvels fault that they took a DC character and made them better.

About 3/4's of Marvel's characters are rip-offs from DC.

DC has been around a lot longer than Marvel. They have more to rip off.

#707 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

DC has been around a lot longer than Marvel. They have more to rip off.

You could pick any character from either and make a case the other one ripped them off based on a character made later on. They both do it constantly. Marvel has just been more successful at it for the most part.

#708 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

DC should replace all of their top tier movie directors and writers. They at least need to drop the blue filter from their movies.

#709 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Oh they are killing it, killing their franchise with shite like Jared Leto

B3F5542F-D9B9-4CB9-B03D-2C7AE24003A5.gifB3F5542F-D9B9-4CB9-B03D-2C7AE24003A5.gif
#710 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

cant play vinyl on a BOOM.box[quoted image]

FALSE!

Where there's a boom, there's a way...

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
#711 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Half of DC is nothing but Marvel rip offs

Quoted from Sinestro:

I'm so confused

#712 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

cant play vinyl on a BOOM.box[quoted image]

Go mobile and BOOM the neighborhood!

0ED7864D-0D6D-43F0-A8EC-985CECFFCADA (resized).jpeg0ED7864D-0D6D-43F0-A8EC-985CECFFCADA (resized).jpeg

#713 5 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I'm so confused

You add them up an 125% of them are all copies of each other. I mathed.

#714 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Marvel lacks villains for me.

You ain’t wrong but most of Marvels villains are purposefully disposable as their films are to showcase the Hero’s, but there have been plenty of good to great villains in franchise spanning 10 years, Bond has the same issue some weak villains some great.

Loki was the MCUs first strong villain.

Personally I loved Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer the film was over stuffed (but that helped Marvel big time and taught them what not to do, somehow DC must have missed this one) but Sam himself as the arrogant greedy business man/villain was great!

Alexander Pierce, The Winter Soldier & Hydra where awesome in Cap2.

Hela in Thor Ragnorok was pretty bad ass and of course Cate Blanchett was great as always.

Killmonger was pretty strong and nicely developed.

I also enjoyed Ghost in Antman & the Wasp an interesting villain, my daughter wants to dress up as her on Halloween so I might be a little biased here.

Thanos obviously being the best villain to date along with Loki, but I think that’s certainly been intentional to build up Thanos as the ultimate badass, he did whoop the Hulks ass in the first 5 mins of infinity war.

#715 5 years ago
135 (resized).png135 (resized).png
#716 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

How did Marvel get away with the Deadpool character to begin with. He was a ripoff of DC's Deathstroke and to add insult to injury, Deathstroke's name is Slade Wilson and Deadpool's is Wade Wilson. Why didn't DC do anything? It's kind of funny how blatant the ripoff is.

It's almost like a total Deadpool move to rip off a character named Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke with a character named Wade Wilson aka Deadpool.

#717 5 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Marvel has the all the best characters. However, DC has the supererest of all time. Superman.

Corrected that!

#718 5 years ago

I have.nt heard anyone say this yet,I'M IN ON A LE!!!!! Now.the long depressing wait ,while I hone my skills on my new Houdini:)Peace!!!!

#719 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You ain’t wrong but most of Marvels villains are purposefully disposable as their films are to showcase the Hero’s,...

To me that is exactly their problem. Now look, i don;t know jack aboot comics so I'm just talking aboot the movies.
Give me somone good to look at and give me less Bow-Man & Kick Girl; utterly unwatchable unless she's dealing with the whole hulk sitch. The reason I always thought Xmen was weak because they only have Mystique as a compliment to of course a fantastic Magnet-man, and I find her to just be pointless.
Loki is great, Hela was a very week character (hey im your sister lets blow everything up) along with Goldblum whom was funny as shit and i loved all of it...but not a great character. Don't get me started on bucky...jesus christ.
All the other villains you mention I have not seen...I'm usually around 1 year behind, So hopefully they are finally learning after over 10 years of just fighting versions of themselves

#720 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So hopefully they are finally learning after over 10 years of just fighting versions of themselves

That’s pretty much Marvel comics for you. DC have always been much stronger in the Villians department, more variety and much deeper development to them.

I’ve always loved Marvel & DC but loved them for opposite reasons Marvel I love their heroes and DC I’ve always found their villains to be the best part, as great as Batman and Superman are their villians (rogues gallery) are the real show stealers.

#721 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

...as great as Batman and Superman are their villians (rogues gallery) are the real show stealers.

For sure.

#722 5 years ago

Aquaman pin next?

Seriously, Wonder Woman is DCs best hope at a new pin I think.

#723 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You could pick any character from either and make a case the other one ripped them off based on a character made later on. They both do it constantly. Marvel has just been more successful at it for the most part.

Seeing as DC's core characters are decades older than Marvel's existence, that would be a neat trick.

#724 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Aquaman pin next?
Seriously, Wonder Woman is DCs best hope at a new pin I think.

Superman 1978 is next for DC pins.

#725 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Superman 1978 is next for DC pins.

Superman sucks!! One of the worst heroes ever created.

Quoted from Sinestro:

Seeing as DC's core characters are decades older than Marvel's existence, that would be a neat trick.

There has been tons of stealing on both sides. Acting like that isn't true is silly. There are tons of examples for DC stealing from Marvel and for Marvel stealing from DC.

#726 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Superman sucks!! One of the worst heroes ever created.

There has been tons of stealing on both sides. Acting like that isn't true is silly. There are tons of examples for DC stealing from Marvel and for Marvel stealing from DC.

Someone sucks, and it isn't Superman.

Facts are facts. DC simply has been around decades longer, and their core group of heroes remains the same, so they weren't ripped off from Marvel.

Thanos is a rip-off of Darkseid, and his creators even admit it.

I know you weren't anticipating someone with historical knowledge and sharp wit to take you on with this, but.....get used to disappointment.

#727 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Marvel has definitely stolen more, and general made more of the characters they stole:

- Darkseid --> Thanos
- Deathstroke --> Deadpool
- Cat Woman --> Black Cat

But DC doesn't have clean hands either:
- Namor --> Aquaman
- Black Panther --> Red Lion

I've got mixed feelings about it. I don't have a problem with people borrowing/copying from other sources, that's the way art, science, and everything else people do has always worked. On the other hand, I can see where DC and Jack Kirby would be pissed as a new generation of comic book fans in the late 80s came to know the then better-selling Marvel books featuring Thanos, and concluded that DC's Darkseid was a lame imitation.

#728 5 years ago

Besides, DC has the REAL Captain Marvel!

They just had to buy him up!

#729 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Someone sucks, and it isn't Superman.
Facts are facts. DC simply has been around decades longer, and their core group of heroes remains the same, so they weren't ripped off from Marvel.
Thanos is a rip-off of Darkseid, and his creators even admit it.
I know you weren't anticipating someone with historical knowledge and sharp wit to take you on with this, but.....get used to disappointment.

Marvels stand out more because in each case they pretty much made it better. Most of DC's were straight up flops that went away. I like things about both worlds and I enjoy reading and watching both. If you want to believe that DC doesn't steal from Marvel keep on living in your bubble. No need to try to make any of this nonsense personal...……..

Superman does indeed suck, the whole idea of a hero that cannot be defeated kind of ruins the plot from the very beginning. Lots of bad comics and decades of bad movies to back that up. I try to tolerate him with anything Justice League related only so I can enjoy some of the other characters.

#730 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Marvels stand out more because in each case they pretty much made it better. Most of DC's were straight up flops that went away. I like things about both worlds and I enjoy reading and watching both. If you want to believe that DC doesn't steal from Marvel keep on living in your bubble. No need to try to make any of this nonsense personal...……..
Superman does indeed suck, the whole idea of a hero that cannot be defeated kind of ruins the plot from the very beginning. Lots of bad comics and decades of bad movies to back that up. I try to tolerate him with anything Justice League related only so I can enjoy some of the other characters.

**ROLLS EYES**

If I want to read comic books about heroes complaining about not being able to pay the rent, or how girls don't like them, I read Marvel.

If I want to read stories about gods battling, I read DC.

#731 5 years ago

Introducing the Deadpool Premium (and Pro) custom speaker Illumination kit! We wanted to make this kit Pop (Boom) to fit the theme correctly. True Deadpool red cast acrylic rings in full red LED Adjustable brightness glow. To blend the theme and comic book styling we opted to challenge ourselves with a new format for the logo image using a custom designed lithophane. A lithophane is basically a 3D sculpted image that pops out when backlit. To ensure it also looks good not lit, each was hand detailed with correct highlights for that Boom style look this game deserves. Each image is housed in a comic book 3D talking bubble of extremely smooth high quality finish. Both illuminate just enough though are also adjustable. Complete kit includes Everything needed including a set up precision cut foam inserts so no modification to stock is needed. Full color installation guide also included. (Photo shown at 50% brightness, batman kit to right shown at lower brightness) Give your Deadpool Premium/Pro the LE love. BOOM get some light! Check availability and grouped shipping for all products at our Website

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

The Mod Couple

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpeg4 (resized).jpegDP_FOam (resized).jpgDP_FOam (resized).jpgDeadpoolM0ckup1 (resized).pngDeadpoolM0ckup1 (resized).pngDeadpoolMockup2 (resized).pngDeadpoolMockup2 (resized).png
#732 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

**ROLLS EYES**
If I want to read comic books about heroes complaining about not being able to pay the rent, or how girls don't like them, I read Marvel.
If I want to read stories about gods battling, I read DC.

In a lot of ways that does sum up many of the key differences in Marvel and DC even though there is a ton of overlap. One is substantially more relatable and that is largely what has built it's current success. I prefer to enjoy both rather then picking a side though.

#733 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Marvel has definitely stolen more, and general made more of the characters they stole:
- Darkseid --> Thanos
- Deathstroke --> Deadpool
- Cat Woman --> Black Cat
But DC doesn't have clean hands either:
- Namor --> Aquaman
- Black Panther --> Red Lion
I've got mixed feelings about it. I don't have a problem with people borrowing/copying from other sources, that's the way art, science, and everything else people do has always worked. On the other hand, I can see where DC and Jack Kirby would be pissed as a new generation of comic book fans in the late 80s came to know the then better-selling Marvel books featuring Thanos, and concluded that DC's Darkseid was a lame imitation.

Here's just 20 examples, you can easily find 40 more

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-dc-rip-offs/

#734 5 years ago

Who cares who stole from who? Both of them make fun, entertaining stuff!

#735 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Pretty much. There are very few original ideas, and where there is one, the derivative work is surely soon to follow (unless the original idea sucked). If you're into it to be entertained, just be happy that the content is there.

Heck, pinball is 90% recycled ideas from game to game across all manufacturers, and it's been that way for decades. Thankfully the iterative efforts have been varied enough that things are still interesting.

#736 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Yep I totally agreed.....this thread turned into a snooze fest

#737 5 years ago

BOOM!

Let’s wake this thread up!

#738 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

BOOM!
Let’s wake this thread up!

Thinking tomorrow after some streaming this thread is going to blow up.

#739 5 years ago

I'm flying out to Alaska in the morning, but looking at times I should be on the ground by the time the stream happens. Not sure I'll have data once we leave Anchorage, but I'll catch up at some point. I'm REALLY excited to see how this one shoots. It's probably going to be real fast with those standups on the sides. The premium will slow down a bit, I'm sure.

#740 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Thinking tomorrow after some streaming this thread is going to blow up.

Before, During, After.

#741 5 years ago

Double BOOM!

20180814_164612 (resized).jpg20180814_164612 (resized).jpg
#742 5 years ago

So here is my theory...

Stern is experimenting with including the vinyl record with Deadpool to figure out the process in preparation for Beatles. If Beatles LE includes a new record, you can bet the fanatics will buy the pin for just the record, driving up the price.

#743 5 years ago

:lol:So your saying that Stern will have some previously unreleased Beatles music for their new pin??? Do you think stinky old Yoko ono would have waited all these years to collect on that????

#744 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

:lol:So your saying that Stern will have some previously unreleased Beatles music for their new pin??? Do you think stinky old Yoko ono would have waited all these years to collect on that????

Maybe she thinks the world is finally ready for the John Lennon Plastic Ono Band Mashup?

My ears start to bleed just thinking of it...

#745 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

So your saying that Stern will have some previously unreleased Beatles music for their new pin???

Music doesn't have to be new, just the packaging. Collector exploitation 101.

#746 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Disagree completely - do you expect Batman to possibly die at the end of every comic / movie? You make it sound like Superman has no weaknesses. But again, don't know how you can "enjoy" the other major characters knowing that they aren't going to be defeated, either.

#747 5 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Disagree completely - do you expect Batman to possibly die at the end of every comic / movie? You make it sound like Superman has no weaknesses. But again, don't know how you can "enjoy" the other major characters knowing that they aren't going to be defeated, either.

Calm down super squirrel, they have a million different heroes so we all have something that appeals to us. I do enjoy a good hero dies comic. It happens pretty frequently though so it's not nearly as rare as you make it sound.

Looking forward to seeing this game shoot tomorrow so we have something to actually talk about.

#748 5 years ago

Would be a great easter egg and toss back to FG pinball

#749 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Calm down super squirrel, they have a million different heroes so we all have something that appeals to us. I do enjoy a good hero dies comic. It happens pretty frequently though so it's not nearly as rare as you make it sound.
Looking forward to seeing this game shoot tomorrow so we have something to actually talk about.

I agree completely that there are heroes that can appeal to everyone (so no need to bash the greatest hero of them all!). In regards to death being rare, I should say the "major" heroes aren't going to die, and if they do, they'll come back.

#750 5 years ago
E3936F3B-FD95-45AB-81B7-EA6A478153F5 (resized).jpegE3936F3B-FD95-45AB-81B7-EA6A478153F5 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-so-many-booms/page/15?hl=raegor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.