oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 28.
#551 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If you got Maiden Pro for $5200 you should go back to that distributor, several hundred less than what most people here reported paying.

Yea most maiden pros were 5600...

#552 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is anyone getting better prices? That is like 250 more than maiden.

If you payed that price for IMDN in the past, why do you even ask??!

Funny how I come to recognize certain Pinsider(s) already trolling around in the short while I’m part of this community.

#553 5 years ago

any idea when any game play videos will showup?

#554 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

any idea when any game play videos will showup?

August 15 on DeadFlip Twitch stream

#555 5 years ago

Good to see George using up the excess B66 ramp stock. Not once, but twice in one game....71848E28-B0BA-467F-9A5A-9FFA0EB2AAF5 (resized).jpeg71848E28-B0BA-467F-9A5A-9FFA0EB2AAF5 (resized).jpeg

2A90110A-7BFE-49E0-A2C8-9AB7E5677CDD (resized).jpeg2A90110A-7BFE-49E0-A2C8-9AB7E5677CDD (resized).jpeg

#556 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

August 15 on DeadFlip Twitch stream

DeadFlip you gotto dress up as Deadpool with a hello kitty backpack over your shoulder for this stream!

#557 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Good to see George using up the excess B66 ramp stock. Not once, but twice in one game....

Well spotted! I don't mind though, as long as the layout is different and the ramp itself shoots well. They're metal ramps, a little steep so something can be put below (mini-orbit-shot). A fine way to save time instead of creating new ramps, time which hopefully is well used for creating and testing the rest of the design.

#558 5 years ago

I’ve probably missed them but could someone repost HI res photos of each of the cabinets/translites. Thanks

#559 5 years ago
Quoted from sven:

Well spotted! I don't mind though, as long as the layout is different and the ramp itself shoots well. They're metal ramps, a little steep so something can be put below (mini-orbit-shot). A fine way to save time instead of creating new ramps, time which hopefully is well used for creating and testing the rest of the design.

Yeh, it’s a good fast design.

#560 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If you got Maiden Pro for $5200 you should go back to that distributor, several hundred less than what most people here reported paying.

Show games were way less for everyone on Maiden. Unfortunately I dont think Stern is making the same show push right now so no show games to be had.

The majority of the first Maidens to go out the door were a rocking price for everyone. All the games at MGC and Allentown were the same price and that was over 50 games alone.

Aside from that I called around for a 2nd maiden and delivered price was 5300 to 5500, now DP price is 5500 to 5700. Is everyone else really seeing a $200 increase from Maiden to DP?

#561 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Aside from that I called around for a 2nd maiden and delivered price was 5300 to 5500, now DP price is 5500 to 5700. Is everyone else really seeing a $200 increase from Maiden to DP?

From what I’ve heard, many weren’t quoted that low for IMDN so it’s not a $200 increase to them.

#562 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Show games were way less for everyone on Maiden. Unfortunately I dont think Stern is making the same show push right now so no show games to be had.
The majority of the first Maidens to go out the door were a rocking price for everyone. All the games at MGC and Allentown were the same price and that was over 50 games alone.

How in the world have you been in pinball so long, owned so many games, have games on route, but you do not have a go to distributor? Everyone I know that has bought very many games has a distributor that they use and trust to get them a solid price on every purchase. It's as simple as shooting them a text at that point. If prices go up they tell you that stern raised prices and that it's across the board.

#563 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

How in the world have you been in pinball so long, owned so many games, have games on route, but you do not have a go to distributor? Everyone I know that has bought very many games has a distributor that they use and trust to get them a solid price on every purchase. It's as simple as shooting them a text at that point. If prices go up they tell you that stern raised prices and that it's across the board.

The price increases for every game have made it difficult to trust anyone.

It is smart business to check everyone once in a while to make sure what you are being told is holding true for others also.

Same goes for all your insurance. Dont trust your guy just because you have been with them forever. It pays to check around rather than just assume they are treating you fair.

#564 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

From what I’ve heard, many weren’t quoted that low for IMDN so it’s not a $200 increase to them.

??? I was pretty sure everyone was getting Maiden for up to 5300 delivered for a non show game??? Heard some paying 5500, but nobody paid over that, at least nobody I spoke with.

#565 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The price increases for every game have made it difficult to trust anyone.
It is smart business to check everyone once in a while to make sure what you are being told is holding true for others also.
Same goes for all your insurance. Dont trust your guy just because you have been with them forever. It pays to check around rather than just assume they are treating you fair.

This is not buying insurance. It's adults buying toys that none of us need. I also don't have to check around. Prices are hinted at or flat out posted online constantly so you pretty much always know if you are getting the right price or not. Your distro knows this also and if they value you as a customer they are not going to risk losing your business to screw you out of $100 on one sale. I have friends that use different people and we all know what we are paying and our distros know that we are not stupid.

On the contrary if you are someone that is not loyal and is always shopping round and seldom buying games from the same distro you seem more likely to get the standard (not a good customer) quote.

#566 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

??? I was pretty sure everyone was getting Maiden for up to 5300 delivered for a non show game??? Heard some paying 5500, but nobody paid over that, at least nobody I spoke with.

I know some distributors raised prices between first batch of shipments and later machiebs. Some I heard even asked for more after agreeing on a price. So either stern moved wholesale price or stern added more pressure on their floor price.

#567 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

This is not buying insurance. It's adults buying toys that none of us need. I also don't have to check around. Prices are hinted at or flat out posted online constantly so you pretty much always know if you are getting the right price or not. Your distro knows this also and if they value you as a customer they are not going to risk losing your business to screw you out of $100 on one sale. I have friends that use different people and we all know what we are paying and our distros know that we are not stupid.
On the contrary if you are someone that is not loyal and is always shopping round and seldom buying games from the same distro you seem more likely to get the standard (not a good customer) quote.

ok, so I guess I should have phrased the question better... Is everyone experiencing a $200 price increase on DP compared to what they were getting for Maiden?

I buy enough games that you cant always use 1 person because they dont have stock when it is needed.
Loyalty is important but so is the ability to get the game when you or a friend needs it. I also have helped many route customers to buy their first game for home, so I will call around for them to put them in contact with a distributor. Always happy to help people when getting a first game.

#568 5 years ago

Had a moment to go back and look at the game some more last night. It's interesting that they used the same ramp twice but it is used in such a different way that it doesn't matter. That ramp on BM66 also shoots great so that is a good sign that they will be fast ramps. I initially thought the bobble head was pretty cheesy but that it was OK since the rest of the game looks really good. The more I look at it the more I like the bobble head though. Yes it's cheap and silly but for some reason it makes me smile. It just brings the light hearted silliness of Deadpool to the game. I think hitting the drops them making Deadpool jiggle is going to be pretty darn fun.

It's also great to see another really good looking pro. I'm a sucker for the 2 way gates but you really are not giving up much on the pro on this one.

Quoted from Whysnow:

ok, so I guess I should have phrased the question better... Is everyone experiencing a $200 price increase on DP compared to what they were getting for Maiden?
I buy enough games that you cant always use 1 person because they dont have stock when it is needed.
Loyalty is important but so is the ability to get the game when you or a friend needs it. I also have helped many route customers to buy their first game for home, so I will call around for them to put them in contact with a distributor. Always happy to help people when getting a first game.

Depending on when you bought your IMDN it looks like there is about $100-$200 difference in most prices that I have seen.

#569 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Depending on when you bought your IMDN it looks like there is about $100-$200 difference in most prices that I have seen.

thanks

#570 5 years ago

the context of the bobblehead on DP is far better than a Tie Fighter bobble. Much more appropriate.

#571 5 years ago

Yes deadpool is a few hundred more than iron maiden was..... pros will be 6k by next release.... crazy. I remembered many were drawing the line at 5k but when the lcd was released that all changed. Then people drew the line around 5300 since they didnt need a color dmd. Now were way above that and well stern will keep pushing the envelope as long as everyone keeps paying the prices. I was out on the stern nib game after i bought my twdp for 6300 with mods (beginning 2016) which was a fair deal... now pros are getting near that mark.

#572 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

"need"?!

#573 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So,what are street prices on the pro?
If this this is actual R rated, may get one for route.

$5595 street price for the Pro

#574 5 years ago

From reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/95xirl/the_script_for_deadpool_pinball_was_written_by/) Brian Posehn wrote the script for the game, which is amazing - he's a great comedian and wrote 45 issues of Deadpool from 2012-2015. A solid choice!

#575 5 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

From reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/95xirl/the_script_for_deadpool_pinball_was_written_by/) Brian Posehn wrote the script for the game, which is amazing - he's a great comedian and wrote 45 issues of Deadpool from 2012-2015. A solid choice!

that is Fing great!!!

super funny dude! excited he is behind this!

#576 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It's also great to see another really good looking pro. I'm a sucker for the 2 way gates but you really are not giving up much on the pro on this one.

How do you feel about losing the additional drop targets on the pro?

#577 5 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Reminds me of the glory days at WMS when they brought in Second City talent for MM, which is, I've heard, a pretty decent game.

#578 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Reminds me of the glory days at WMS when they brought in Second City talent for MM, which is, I've heard, a pretty decent game.

I don't understand this comment, could you elaborate. I don't see the connection between hiring an experienced writer with a solid track record of writing the character and one of the biggest, most recognizable voice actors in the industry who has played the character before compares to hiring talented, but undiscovered improve comedians.

#579 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I don't understand this comment, could you elaborate. I don't see the connection between hiring an experienced writer with a solid track record of writing the character and one of the biggest, most recognizable voice actors in the industry who has played the character before compares to hiring talented, but undiscovered improve comedians.

His point is that it's better than what would have been written in-house.

#580 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

... before compares to hiring talented, but undiscovered improve comedians.

Well, sadly, some of those Second City pepoel went on to become obnoxiously famous.

#581 5 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

ANOTHER MAJOR BOOM!!!!

Again, it really does show the resources that a company like Stern has that others don't.

#582 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I think the writer is correlating how Posehn working on DP is similar to when Tina Fey worked on MM.
Both comics outside of the pinball industry to make a machine funny.
Scity (resized).pngScity (resized).png

#583 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

How do you feel about losing the additional drop targets on the pro?

I'll have to play it to see. I like games with lots of drop targets so I think not having them might be a decent draw back. The pro is definitely going to play a lot faster without them. For some reason I like Tron pro without the drops better then the LE. On the other hand I think ACDC without them is missing something and is almost too screaming fast at times. So it really just depends on the game and how they are implemented.

#584 5 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

That is amazing. Was kind of nervous about this, worried that the game was going to have really bad jokes written by the staff at Stern. Now if the jokes are bad at least they will be professionally bad

#585 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I don't understand this comment, could you elaborate.

One thing reminded me of the other thing.

#586 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

the context of the bobblehead on DP is far better than a Tie Fighter bobble. Much more appropriate.

That's not just some bobble bash toy either, it has a purpose. It's 'Lil Deadpool (aka Widdle Wade), a unique deadpool character. He has his own multiball mode too.

This game is going to be awesome. Hope the code matches all the writing & voice acting talent on this title. Could be something special!

WW (resized).jpgWW (resized).jpg

#587 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that is Fing great!!!
super funny dude! excited he is behind this!

Fingers crossed they "hire out" writing for Elvira 3 as well.

#588 5 years ago

I'd be more upset about the drop target omissions from the Pro if it didn't still have the 3 drops for the bash/lock area. At least you get some drops.

Not that I wouldn't love to have the rest too, but hey...

Really excited to see the extra outside talent for voice work and writing. Is that a first for Stern? Obviously they occasionally did actor callouts, but I don't recall anything being released for who was scripting previous pins, etc. Not that they didn't have some standouts before. Maiden for instance had great voice and callout work, I'm curious who scripted it too.

#589 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I’m really interested to see how they integrate the fighting scenes. After you break the 4th wall, the graphics will be hi-def...so all the
8-bit/16-bit crybabies can relax now.

This sounds great, can't wait to see how it looks. No idea why Stern would not show this in the video.

#590 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Fingers crossed they "hire out" writing for Elvira 3 as well.

A lot of it is going to be based on her 2005 DVD series "Movie Macabre".

#591 5 years ago

I'd think Elvira is pretty easy to write for......

**giggle**
"boob joke"
**suggestive moan on target hits**
"callout with innuendo"
**giggle**

repeat.

#592 5 years ago
Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

I think the writer is correlating how Posehn working on DP is similar to when Tina Fey worked on MM.
Both comics outside of the pinball industry to make a machine funny.
[quoted image]

Comedian Scott Adsit (best known as an actor on the the TV show 30 Rock) was huge part of that game.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Adsit

"In 1997, Adsit recorded the voices for the King of Payne, Sir Psycho, The Duke of Bourbon, and Merlin for Williams' Medieval Madness pinball machine. Adsit co-wrote the game's recorded dialog with fellow Second City cast member, Kevin Dorff. Adsit, Dorff and their Second City castmate, Tina Fey, played the character voices in the game. "

#593 5 years ago

If I like what I see in the stream, this baby is coming home on Sept 3rd for my 40th! Hell if I can sell DI, GOTG and this will make an appearance.

#594 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

**giggle**
"boob joke"
**suggestive moan on target hits**
"callout with innuendo"
**giggle**
repeat.

You forgot double entendres

#595 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Easy for whom?

#596 5 years ago

Has there been high res photos released yet? If so could someone repost a link as I’ve totally missed them, need to see that Prem and LE artwork in detail.

#597 5 years ago

Munsters??????

#598 5 years ago

Yes and I am looking forward to that reveal. It needs its own speculation thread.

#600 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Yes and I am looking forward to that reveal. It needs its own speculation thread.

There you go!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-so-many-booms/page/12?hl=pinkopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.