oil-oil-filter-and-gear-oil-kit-[2]-63425-p (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20180906_172732 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 9.04.03 AM (resized).png
2F0B6267-FD1C-41FA-B2FB-71C9C08CE279.jpeg
0687750E-FB4F-47A6-9DF6-F0467479EF52.jpeg
C530FB9F-6E63-42B5-9F40-663D363AD6B4.jpeg
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 28.
#501 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I'll leave that to the blog and pin reviewers! lol

Such soft cocks...
Deadpool is fOrEvEr the party pleaser.
2BDEE77A-B71C-45F2-A31E-B3FEEB9F853F (resized).jpeg2BDEE77A-B71C-45F2-A31E-B3FEEB9F853F (resized).jpeg

#502 5 years ago

Location pinball is the only way to grow the hobby. There is no saturation so long as these machines are making their way into new barcades, arcades, movie theaters, bowling alleys and the like. The more square footage devoted to pinball in a public place, the more the market can absorb another title.

#503 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry if you disagreed which is fine just sharing what I observed. But respect your opinion as well.

Only the Pro's were out but others in motion. Shots all seemed very smooth and fluid which did surprise me as I questioned the whole left to right crossover up ramp concept. Really well laid out and designed in my view. I to Really hate clunky shot games some of which I have sold in weeks of ownership. Not this one, very smooth in my opinion.

thanks for that, torn between Pro and Premium - both look great

#504 5 years ago

IMO Premium is the machine to have in almost all situations. This one is no different. Megalon rules, T-Rex drools.

#505 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Super Nintendo and Genesis.

By listing SNES first are you implying it was better than Genesis? Because if so we're going to have a full on internet war!

#506 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Location pinball is the only way to grow the hobby. There is no saturation so long as these machines are making their way into new barcades, arcades, movie theaters, bowling alleys and the like. The more square footage devoted to pinball in a public place, the more the market can absorb another title.

Very true, but if there are not new people to walk up to the machines, "Huston, we have a problem." I'm arguing that routing saturation is on the near horizon just based on my own market observations. I see the current pinball community as being only about 20% new blood, and that's being generous.

#507 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

thanks for that, torn between Pro and Premium - both look great

Sorry no advice on that. Think it comes down to budget comfort levels. Rarely evaluate a pin on re-sellability or market speculation only bang for my buck. While I did order the LE (my choice) based on the options and etc either would be a great choice honestly. I do think (similar to SW) the premium loop to drop ramp is a very unique and value added feature but again just opinion. All looked great.

#508 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Very true, but if there are not new people to walk up to the machines, "Huston, we have a problem." I'm arguing that routing saturation is on the near horizon just based on my own market observations. I see the current pinball community as being only about 20% new blood, and that's being generous.

No way. We aren’t anywhere near the saturation that caused the bubble to pop in the 80s. Man, operators were making millions of dollars one quarter at a time, and breaking shovel handles scooping them into wheelbarrows. That was saturation. Pinball is always a novelty and will always attract quarters. Deadpool pinball in a movie theater or a comic book store? Cha-Ching. Now, I’m not going into return on investment here. Just saying that there is plenty of room to grow and plenty of quarters to be had still.

#509 5 years ago

In other news:

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Deadpool Rules! Bring on the Deadflip stream already!

#510 5 years ago

Had to get a visual of what that many quarters looks like.

8iyrFgR (resized).jpg8iyrFgR (resized).jpg
#511 5 years ago

I was merely pointing out that Stern has been Boomtiming the competition. It's clear what they are doing. Deadpool makes it a tough choice.

Hoping code is stable.

#512 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

IMO Premium is the machine to have in almost all situations. This one is no different. Megalon rules, T-Rex drools.

I like the premium better than the LE as well. It's nice to get a bit of a color variety going too.

#513 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm super excited for the cross-ramp, but the rest doesn't do it for me enought to order one. I wish Stern would go a little further with innovation. Elwin will hopefully do something epic for his next pin. For me, this will be a great location game. Can't wait to play it.
As for Stern and the market, they are doing great, but I wonder about saturation. I'm noticing on a local level, there are at least double the pins that are usually for sale, and, unfortunately, they are slow to sell. This tells me that collector saturation has hit my area. I also see big growth in pinbars etc., but I wonder about saturation in the routing market. Pinball is clearly growing, but to me it seems that the production, in general, is set to outperform demand in the near-ish future, say in the next 3-5 years. I hope we can gain pinheads to keep up, but I'm not seeing it. We are in a golden age of purchasing. I see 2020+ as another decade like the early 2000s where pins were being sold for chicken feed. I just might have to buy more property so I can make room!

I agree with you. We are out on this one, Stern are cranking them out faster than ever and we cannot keep up. If this game turns out to be a cracker, we will get one a few years down the track, same decision we made for IMDN this year and MET and ACDC when they came out. I do love the artwork on Deadpool, wow all three games are just stunning.

I think the same thing will happen in Australia. The early 2000s was definitely not a nice time for pinball. I believe it has started happening right now. 10 year cycles!

#514 5 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Those are pics of the LE?? I really thought it was the pro.

Pro pictures , hence Deadpool in his hammock
No disco ball

#515 5 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Arguing with whysnow is a moronic exercise due to his loose grasp of facts, blatant cheerleading/hating, cherrypicking of data, etc so I don't event know why I am wading into this but here goes.

EABODs

Quoted from DBLM:

You allege to have insight into Spooky's particulars

nope, not once. I have no insider knowledge, just support the locals and for that matter anyone that has some heart in pinball (spooky sure seems to have that in dividends so makes it easy to vote with dollars to support them)

Quoted from DBLM:

are they going to be able to generate enough volume to be relevant?

yet here we are in a DP thread talking about other manufacturers... and in the same few weeks when Stern has publicly acknowledged that they are threatened by Spooky by sniping a license because it is "just business" *that means that Spooky is having an impact...

Quoted from DBLM:

The Spooky crew could be in a position where they are the right size and scale for them

seems like they are doing fine and have it all figured out for what they need.

Quoted from DBLM:

As flynn already mentioned, Stern is focused on profitability per unit.

Stern is doing fine... so are the other companies. Obvious to me that those other companies selling games has had an impact on Stern. I am not sure why that seems so hard for some to see when it is blatantly obvious based on metadata of owned games, what we all see in public, and what is obviously happening.

Pinball is growing, all the companies are growing, and things are peachy. At the same time, changes to the pinball hobby and collector hobby are changing right along with it. Fun to talk about this and sorry you always feel it is arguing. oh well...

Quoted from DBLM:

Arguing with whysnow is a moronic

#516 5 years ago

Lucky this will be on location 10 min from my house or I'd be seriously tempted

Really love it so far and can't wait to play it

#517 5 years ago

Can someone link me to the Deadpool thread that actually talks about the game? Thanks.

#519 5 years ago

Can modders make sideblades like the LE? Or is it a licensing thing like Star Wars? If not, will they be available from Stern directly?

#520 5 years ago

I talked to one of the coders last night,he said the the code would be close to IMDN complete at launch! I think the days of .63 are over based on the moral and number of coders at Stern now. I am optimistic based on the last launch and enthusiasm when you talk to people that work there.

#521 5 years ago

My reaction to any discussion with @whysnow. (Just having fun buddy. Keep being imamaculate )

f6572f5c421c5c2771c5039b51cd5984--deadpool-humor-deadpool- (resized).jpgf6572f5c421c5c2771c5039b51cd5984--deadpool-humor-deadpool- (resized).jpg
#522 5 years ago

My initial thoughts on the game.
Looks really good. The crossover shot to a ramp like Viking but with a ramp instead of saucer. Should be fun and satisfying. I see a spinner leading to an orbit much like JM. Once again a nice satisfying shot. I also see a couple quick turn around loop shots. Kind of reminds me of Iron Maiden. Should be a fun shooter. (Remember nothing in Pinball is new)
For me if I buy would be a pro. With the exclusion of the chimi truck the rest of the sculpts seem to get in the way. And I’m certian someone will figure out a better chimi truck mod shortly. I found the up down ramp. It’s by the tip of the katana. For me it visually breaks the look of the katana. Needs to be a different color to not take away. Black red something. Overall nice package. I’m going to wait for hype to die. Trying to stay off of bandwagons. I just get pushed off a grand short.

#523 5 years ago

"Filler" game for me. No go this time.

Up next, Munsters. Yep, put me down.

Looks awesome though thanks to ZY

#524 5 years ago

I'll say this. No matter how great POTC with JJP might be, this game is gonna hurt that game after all this time. Along with everything else.

Willy Wonka? Yep, big time.......IF i live that long

I'm canceling my JJP POTCCE.

#525 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'll say this. No matter how great POTC with JJP might be, this game is gonna hurt that game after all this time. Along with everything else.

I've got a feeling that many of the collectors have plenty of money to buy nearly everything. So no one is getting hurt.

So many games sold after 200 plays, guess you can own 5 new games for the cost of 1 so long as you keep selling. Kinda like a leased car.

I'm figuring 1,000 plays first year, that's $500 - $1,000 dollars worth of plays, but in your own home. So if you sell at $750 below purchase you may still be making out.

I'm willing to bet JJP is going to be just fine.

#526 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I've got a feeling that many of the collectors have plenty of money to buy nearly everything. So no one is getting hurt.

I'm a collector/player.

Doesn't matter whether or not i can buy "nearly everything"

That's ridiculous and most collectors have more common sense than that.

Somebody is gonna get hurt by not selling as many pinball machines. I highly doubt its Stern.

#527 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I'm willing to bet JJP is going to be just fine.

I'm sure they are. I think he's just stipulating that if JPPOTC would have shipped 2 months ago they would have sold more than they will sell now.

#528 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wise move as the ball times are way too long. I wish JJP would make a more difficult game.

#530 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Nice to see you back Gambit.

#531 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Some have asked, Yes that was Georges white wood. This is His design and creation. All the work from that person (happily forgotten!) was trashed and reborn into a better quality product. This was a costly decision but Stern and George wanted to start a New path without any past crap on it.

It is felicitous to think that I'm getting rid of my Ghostbusters to make room for Deadpool.

I wanted to hold on to that gorgeous Zombie Yeti artwork. This replaces it in spades.

#532 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m a little concerned how much the lost opportunity will cost JJP this year.
I’m sure they will be fine but wow, a lot of competition for those bucks now.

#533 5 years ago

Nolan did the sound package for Zen Pinball as well.... so good choice

#534 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm a collector/player.
Somebody is gonna get hurt by not selling as many pinball machines. I highly doubt its Stern.

So we agree to disagree, I'm ok with that.

If I go by collections listed, and threads, it seems as though plenty of people have more money than common sense. That is, of course, me being jealous.

I just don't see JJP or others not selling due to this. Of course, I could be completely off base. For me, I definitely have to choose, but many will buy "both", or sell and buy both.

All good, just drivel on a forum, right?

#535 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Wise move as the ball times are way too long. I wish JJP would make a more difficult game.

Games are easily adjustable to be more difficult.... most jjp games at shows are flat, slow, coil power dialed back, outlanes easy and to many extra balls. My woz and di are very difficult with just a few minor changes. Much longer ball times on my stern pins actually..... its all about setup.

#536 5 years ago

So,what are street prices on the pro?

If this this is actual R rated, may get one for route.

#537 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks like it will be $5,999 on Stern (http://www.sternpinball.com/games/deadpool/pro) but there have been a lot of listings on the pinside market for $5,700

#538 5 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Looks like it will be $5,999 on Stern (http://www.sternpinball.com/games/deadpool/pro) but there have been a lot of listings on the pinside market for $5,700

Sorry i should have been more clear, what are they really going for?

PMs are welcome and appreciated if people don't like to share publicly.

#539 5 years ago

It is cool to see Gomez talk about the game.

I always like those “making of” videos. It reminds me these evil people that take my money are just passionate pinheads to some degree.

#540 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry i should have been more clear, what are they really going for?
PMs are welcome and appreciated if people don't like to share publicly.

$100 off promo @ eBay today + eBay bucks + your CC rewards should bring it down to $5,450

#541 5 years ago

This is one of the few titles where I love the artwork on all 3 cabinets. Usually one clearly outshines the other but I'd be more than happy to have any of these.

If I had to pick, I'd probably say the Premium has the best look. Zombie Yeti is worth every penny Stern in paying.

#542 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

$100 off promo @ eBay today + eBay bucks + your CC rewards should bring it down to $5,450

Is anyone getting better prices? That is like 250 more than maiden.

#543 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes, we are getting better prices.

#544 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Yes, we are getting better prices.

Tell us “brothers” more

#545 5 years ago

Cool stuff in that video:

Weapon collect = hit the scoop.
Super weapon collect = hit the colossus loop, bank off of the colossus jackpot target and into the scoop

Between that and banking the ball off of the snnnkkt target and up the back ramp there are some cool bank shot opportunities in this one.

Can't wait for the 15th.

#546 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm a collector/player.

You got plenty o money Ice. Just build an addition and shaddup.

#547 5 years ago

Daaamn, this actually looks awesome! Well done Stern! Hope the rules are great too!

#548 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks like 5700-5900 from what im hearing ftom most people and distros.... ebay may be the way to go when they have a coupon and use cc for rewards.

#549 5 years ago

I’m really interested to see how they integrate the fighting scenes. After you break the 4th wall, the graphics will be hi-def...so all the
8-bit/16-bit crybabies can relax now.

#550 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you got Maiden Pro for $5200 you should go back to that distributor, several hundred less than what most people here reported paying.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 64.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-so-many-booms/page/11?hl=koos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.