Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from coop:

I know at this point I'm being boring but I just can't figure out what the issue could be. I have a few older games from the 70s and 80s and it's usually pretty obvious when something is broken. This game looks new and totally fine for me. I don't see any weird problems with the switches but again I've never had a new game like this. In this video, you can see the switches. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

The video you posted is of the flipper cabinet switch. That is not the EOS switch. The EOs switch is on the flipper mech itself underneath the playfield. That switch is normally closed. When you press the flipper button in test mode you should hear a beep for when the cabinet switch closes, then another beep when you let go and the eos switch closes again.

#15 3 years ago

Start a game and simply press the snikt and put the ball on the ramp. Does it give you a PF x every time doing that?

If so then your issue is probably the flippers causing another switch to register from vibration.

When you put the slings back together make sure the switch contacts are gapped extra wide. Then play with the glass off and try to hit the snikt from the flippers and see if you can consistently get it.

What could be happening too is your snikt target isn’t sensitive enough so certain shots that are hitting off the target and going up the ramp aren’t actually registering that switch.

2 weeks later
#17 3 years ago

Take an alligator clip and pinch the left eos switch shut during switch test. Then do your sling firing. See if that changes anything.

#20 3 years ago

No worries man. I’ve had this EXACT same issue before on a different era of game. But experience and help from people on here has taught me to never trust your eyes when testing switches. Always best to use a meter or jumper it shut to be sure.

1 month later
#22 3 years ago

Follow the wires back to the connector under the playfield for that opto and see if any wires are loose. Re-seat the connector and see if that helps. Also, when testing switches, use the ball, not your finger.

Could be that the opto is bad and needs replaced though.

#24 3 years ago

Make sure the optos are centered in their holes in the ramp. Make sure there’s no debris in the holes. Reflow the solder on the wires on the optos.

Call stern and get replacement optos if none of that works.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from coop:

I feel like this might be software related.

Can’t be, or else everyone would have the issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.99
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 25.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-snikt-shot-now-working?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.