Topic poll

“Which pro?”

• IMDN 13 votes
    57%
  • DP 10 votes
    43%

(23 votes)

#1 3 years ago

This has been asked before but I’m curious what the “final” verdict is now that these are both matured and many of you have had a chance to own them both.

As an aside, which do you think would be the best compliment to my collection? I only have room for 3 games and Star Wars and GNR SE are definitely keepers for me. I’m looking for something that offers a nice balance between those two games and has good lastabilty.

Thank you all for your feedback.

#2 3 years ago

I’ll give this one bump and then go away

#3 3 years ago

Star Wars has 2 flippers. GNR has 3. Maiden has 4.

Go for Maiden

Honestly... go for whichever you can find used within driving distance. Both are super fun and easy enough to swap out down the line with the other. Maiden felt more special to me and I owned them both. Deadpool was a blast though.

Also there's no such thing as a keeper, you'll see

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Go for Maiden
Honestly... go for whichever you can find used within driving distance. Both are super fun and easy enough to swap out down the line with the other. Maiden felt more special to me and I owned them both. Deadpool was a blast though.
Also there's no such thing as a keeper, you'll see

Yea that’s what I’m thinking although prices are so absurd right now that I can probably get a NIB for $300 more than a used one.

What made Maiden more special?

agree on the keeper thing, I guess I meant that I like those games and I hope to keep them for more than 6 months lol

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What made Maiden more special?

IDK. It's just a personal preference. I will say I'm picking up my 3rd Stern Star Wars this week and bolting it to the floor, and I also have a GNR SE. So our tastes may be aligned.

With Maiden it definitely helps to dig the music. But the layout is just really magical and the variety of shots is super engaging. Code is a masterpiece as well. Goes way beyond "play a song and hit the lit shots". Each song has a theme and a story arc. On my list to acquire again for sure.

#6 3 years ago

There’s been 3 pins I’ve owned twice. TWD, Tron and Maiden.

I’ve had Deadpool LE and Maiden Pro. Now Maiden LE.

I’d rather have Maiden Pro than Deadpool LE.

It’s so good. Complete package of music, theme, shots, speed and code depth. It’s always fun.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Go for Maiden

GNR also has 4 flippers unless you're talking about the SE.

But I agree with Maiden if you're going pro. If this question were about the Premium models I would prefer Deadpool.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

GNR also has 4 flippers unless you're talking about the SE.
But I agree with Maiden if you're going pro. If this question were about the Premium models I would prefer Deadpool.

For me DP got boring after a few months. Although it’s a little clunky, it’s really the code that bugged me. You play 3 modes a LOT. There’s really no other way to attack them. Snikt target is cool but almost random to activate. Not being allowed to stack Mechsuit MB stinks. It’s just, kind of “meh” to me.

#9 3 years ago

IMDN is far superior - if you can dig the music. As a fan of the music anyway, the pin is near perfection, imo.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

For me DP got boring after a few months. Although it’s a little clunky, it’s really the code that bugged me. You play 3 modes a LOT. There’s really no other way to attack them. Snikt target is cool but almost random to activate. Not being allowed to stack Mechsuit MB stinks. It’s just, kind of “meh” to me.

On the premium there is. Roll into Mystique with dazzler and disco loops. Or beast with domino and dazzler. Or mystique with wolverine. Modes go quick and are played differently if you use what’s in your Arsenal.

Mech suit: turn off weapon stacking and find out how cool, lucrative, and fun mech suit is.

As for DP vs. IMDN. I prefer my DP premium over my IMDN by a long shot...LONG shot. Not sure how I’d feel about the two if they were both pros. Looping that shot, the drops, and light show is 3X the fun.

#11 3 years ago

I have both as Pro's. You really cant go wrong with either.

Your Pinball experience is subjective.

#12 3 years ago

They are both awesome. Flip a coin, doesn’t matter.

#13 3 years ago

I have both (along with JP) in a small collection. I really like both of them, but I have to say that if I was to change out a game in my collection, it would be the DP Pro and NOT the Iron Maiden. IM is a great game and I would say it is one of the rare games that you could enjoy even if you actively disliked the theme.

#14 3 years ago

I concur with what others have said. I have a four pin collection and IM isn't going anywhere most likely ever. I'm a huge fan of the band so the music is great for me, but also the layout, shots, flow, and code are all top notch and it's easily my go to pin when I want an adrenaline rush and a pin that always wants me to play one more game. Deadpool is good as well it just doesn't have the same longevity feel to it. Games on it are a bit longer as well as the outlanes aren't drain monsters like they are on IM. Can't go wrong with either.

#15 3 years ago

I may be the exception, but DP never caught on with me for some reason
& I love IMDN!

#16 3 years ago

Iron maiden for me as well..... And I hate the music but changed it so all good

Deadpool has such good art but a little clunky and the voices especially little deadpool just got so annoying. Code is not as good either.

Layout on maiden is just so damn good, code is varied, it has the best Stern call outs ever and really only second to Rick and Morty, great art and the pro is very good too... If I was a maiden fan, this could be the best pin period.

If you get deadpool, get the premium. That orbit shot is worth it.

Needs a poll btw....

#17 3 years ago

Thanks guys... I’m actually a fan of Maiden music so I love the theme. What attracts me to Deadpool is the art, humor, and mass appeal for friends. Though friends come over to play like 4 times a year lol. This seems pretty unanimous so far, funny since I feel like the last few times I saw this type of thread it was a slight lean towards Deadpool.

#18 3 years ago

Another question, how similar does Maiden feel to JP2 layout wise?

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Totally different

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I sold iron maiden bc I thought jp was too similar when Stern showed it for the first time. Now that I have jp, I realize it's not really similar in play. I then bought imdn again and no doubt, it plays very different.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

On the premium there is. Roll into Mystique with dazzler and disco loops. Or beast with domino and dazzler. Or mystique with wolverine. Modes go quick and are played differently if you use what’s in your Arsenal.
Mech suit: turn off weapon stacking and find out how cool, lucrative, and fun mech suit is.
As for DP vs. IMDN. I prefer my DP premium over my IMDN by a long shot...LONG shot. Not sure how I’d feel about the two if they were both pros. Looping that shot, the drops, and light show is 3X the fun.

I still say Mechsuit is pretty pointless. It's not GOTG Cherry Bomb, but what's the point? With company, DP was easily a better choice. It's easy playing and despite no one understanding why Deadpool sounds like Paul Lynde and no the Deadpool you know, it's fun. For me I got tired of playing 3 easy modes all the time, 2 longer easy modes some of the time, then repeating the process again and again and again.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Thanks guys... I’m actually a fan of Maiden music so I love the theme.

Than it's a no brainer!
Maiden is one the best games of all time

Quoted from nicoy3k:

I have both and they don't feel similar at all to me

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yea that’s what I’m thinking although prices are so absurd right now that I can probably get a NIB for $300 more than a used one.

You're actually better off with a tried and true, out of box semi used copy (under 1 year old / under 2,000 plays / reputable owner).
Stern NIB carry certain risks these days:
Risks I will never take again, especially with Chas gone.

I vote for Deadpool (owner), because it's a real good game.
IMDN is good too.
I made my bones on IMDN Premium and cannot get used to or enjoy the Pro now.

#24 3 years ago

IRMD all the way. Can't get into the DP theme and the battles seem repetitive. In the end, its what YOU like most not what other people tell you. Good luck.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

And I hate the music but changed it so all good

How did you change it and what did you change it too? Am interested in a Maiden but not sure I would like the music.
Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pro-vs-iron-maiden-pro-2021-edition-?hl=pinkopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.