Deadpool pro scoop issue

By PINQUEST

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hey friends, our Deadpool pro scoop is acting a bit funky, randomly the ball wont register a shot but it will eject the ball. It does not cycle a ball search, it literally spits it out just like if the shot wasn’t lit, however the shot is lit.

Now just Incase I confused the hell out of you like I did my self when I just re read what I wrote here is a Quick example:

if battle is lit, the ball is shot in to the scoop, it sits there for a second, does nothing , then spits the ball out.

If it was a switch it wouldn’t reckognize the ball correct? Any ideas of what this could be?

Current code is one the machine .97

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from PINQUEST:

Hey friends, our Deadpool pro scoop is acting a bit funky, randomly the ball wont register a shot but it will eject the ball. It does not cycle a ball search, it literally spits it out just like if the shot wasn’t lit, however the shot is lit.
Now just Incase I confused the hell out of you like I did my self when I just re read what I wrote here is a Quick example:
if battle is lit, the ball is shot in to the scoop, it sits there for a second, does nothing , then spits the ball out.
If it was a switch it wouldn’t reckognize the ball correct? Any ideas of what this could be?
Current code is one the machine .97

Did you check the switch underneath the pf? They have been known to come loose.

#3 5 years ago

Mine does this all the time. It's so frustrating. A league member told me it only happens off the right flipper. The switch is tight. It's got to be code.

#4 5 years ago

Yep! Everything is tight. Guess it could be the code. Hopefully this is resolved with the next code update!

#5 5 years ago

It's a switch issue. The switch or switch actuator needs to be adjusted to allow the ball to fully press on the actuator and keep it pressed down. If the ball doesn't fully depress the actuator, for a minimum amount of time, it won't register the ball is in there. I had the same issue with Metallica for both the snake and mystery scoop. My DP has been fine and registers 100%.

I know it seems counter-intuitive that it kicks the ball out but won't register the shot. I believe Stern has code where if the switch is pressed and unpressed in a small fraction of time it fires the VUK and doesn't register it for modes or scoring. The ball has to settle in there and keep the actuator pressed for a certain length of time for it to tell the CPU the ball is actually in there. Sometimes loosening the switch, rotating a little and re-tightening or simply slightly bending the actuator is all it takes to get it to work correctly.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

It's a switch issue. The switch or switch actuator needs to be adjusted to allow the ball to fully press on the actuator and keep it pressed down. If the ball doesn't fully depress the actuator, for a minimum amount of time, it won't register the ball is in there. I had the same issue with Metallica for both the snake and mystery scoop. My DP has been fine and registers 100%.
I know it seems counter-intuitive that it kicks the ball out but won't register the shot. I believe Stern has code where if the switch is pressed and unpressed in a small fraction of time it fires the VUK and doesn't register it for modes or scoring. The ball has to settle in there and keep the actuator pressed for a certain length of time for it to tell the CPU the ball is actually in there. Sometimes loosening the switch, rotating a little and re-tightening or simply slightly bending the actuator is all it takes to get it to work correctly.

Thank you! Ill take another peek at it.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I reached out to my distributor and he said the same thing. I think to test it you're going to have to disconnect the voltage to the coil so it doesn't auto fire in switch test and then rock the game around with the ball in there and see if you get multiple hits.

#8 5 years ago

Ours in leagues does this and I've never been able to get it 100%. If you bend the switch arm up a little it appears to help. There isn't an adjustment to the switch other than bending it.

If you go into switch test and throw the ball in the scoop, you'll see the switch register for a split second and then fire the ball out. Those are the times where it won't register the mode, but will kick it out.

When you see it activate the switch and keep it activated for about a second, then kick the ball out, you know you have it bent correctly.

#9 5 years ago

I just think this should be handled in code. This is what debouncing a switch is for. The behavior of just kicking it out on multiple switch hits makes zero sense codewise.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

There isn't an adjustment to the switch other than bending it.

Sometimes, if you loosen the screws that hold the switch to the bracket, there can sometimes be enough slop to rotate the switch body slightly and retighten. It can be just as little as 1/64" of movement to make it work properly.

#11 5 years ago

Mine did exactly this on location, adjusted and might be better for a bit.
Then replaced the switch, problem gone completely.
Pretty much a batch of flakey switches, I replaced with the cherry one, bent the actuator to fit. Same thing on Maiden underworld switch.
Replace the switch.

#12 5 years ago

Haven't seen this yet on my Pro (v.97) but I'll definitely watch out for it.

1 week later
#13 5 years ago

I was so happy to see this thread as my deadpool started doing this and it was making me wonder whether I was missing something in the gameplay.
I'll adjust the switch / bend the arm and if no luck, replace the switch. Will report back later on what resolved it.

Ok, adjusting the switch arm corrected the issue. I had to raise the end lever arm of the switch a tad and also elongated the switch U arm to ensure the ball held the switch down firmly. Thanks Pinsiders!

#14 5 years ago

Is anyone experiencing issues with the Cliffy in the Hellhouse Scoop causing the ball to just rattle out of the scoop shot when hitting it with the right flipper?

The ball does NOT settle into the scoop as others are describing on this thread. It just rattles out...but is still super annoying because it should go down into the scoop as it did when the game was new.

My stock Cliffy is pretty bent up and seems to have caused the front of the protector to become elevated. I removed it and tried using a vice to properly manipulate the protector to be level and true again along with bending the side "tang's" more vertical. It seemed they had started to bend inward. Doing that seemed to help a little. But...I'm just wondering if anyone else is having similar issues and has a long term solution. Maybe adding mylar around the scoop to avoid ramping the ball off the scoop protector? My distributor suggested that too...but haven't tried it.

Also, I contacted Stern and my distributor to order a new protector (part #535-1417-00...if anyone is interested) and am going to try installing the new one once it arrives. Thanks!!!

#15 5 years ago

I've fixed this switch depression issue on several Deadpools now including my own. I sent a message to Stern about it a few weeks ago right around the time the .96/7 code came out, too early to get in. Told them it would save a lot of hassle to engage Battles etc. in the code once the CPU saw the switch closure regardless of whether it stays depressed or not since on location they can jostle or not be perfectly adjusted to keep depression from the ball. Tech support thanked me and said they were going to forward to engineering. I'm not a coder, but have a feeling that's a pretty simple if/then change in the code, so hopefully it'll be implemented in the next release, save a little headache.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.95
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pro-scoop-issue- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.