“Deadpool pro or premium ?”

• Pro 72 votes
    60%
  • Premium 48 votes
    40%

(120 votes)

#1 5 years ago

Hi all,
I want to buy the deadpool pinball but i hesitate between pro or premium ?

What do you think ?

Thanks for your help
Yannick

#2 5 years ago

What's your specific hesitation, can you elaborate?
If financially you're okay paying for a premium, I don't think it's a negative over the pro.
However, if you can only afford the Pro, this is your game, as the Pro is pretty full featured and 'close enough' for many people.

#3 5 years ago

I played them both and dodnt see 1800 dollars of value on the premium. The drop target argument is absurd, in my opinion. To me they make zero difference. The toys are a little more 3d and fleshed out on the premium, but again, that's negligible. The diverter is the only main difference that I guess I would have to ask myself if that was worth it. The premium is better, as they almost always are.... but just barely. I dont think it's worth it going premium on this one.

#4 5 years ago

Last chance (?) for NIB Metallica and AC/DC. Deadpool can't compare.

#5 5 years ago

My hesitation is only for the price... 2k $ more for only targets, toys and diverter is not cheap.

I will take the pro and save 2k... sure the premium is beautiful but i will customize my pro.
Thankd guys.
Yannick

#6 5 years ago

Pro for me on this one

#7 5 years ago

I love the pro! Though the premium is very enjoyable and feel the flow feature on the right of the Playfield is worth it if it’s in the budget for the premium

#8 5 years ago

Premium flow is much better. I wouldnt go any other way unless budget is an issue.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Premium flow is much better. I wouldnt go any other way unless budget is an issue.

I played both side by side at this weekend's Portland arcade expo. I agree completely that the premium with the diverter ramp really made it much more enjoyable to shoot the left orbit (or non-orbit for the pro). Looping that over and over felt great. It is unfortunate that is something you have pay extra for.

3 months later
#10 5 years ago

Resurrecting this...I love Deadpool as do my wife and kids (huge win there)! We’ve decided that it will be our first NIB. I haven’t played the Premium, but I’m finding it hard to justify the cost. We have so much fun with the pro as it is. I love drop targets, but the little Deadpool drops leave me satisfied enough. I also actually prefer the plastic characters on the playfield compared to the molded. You lose several. I also prefer the pro art package (both cabinet and translite).

In typing this, I think I just made my mind up. I’d rather have a pro. Trick it out with art blades, side armor, and a few mods.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from LucasPepke:

Resurrecting this...I love Deadpool as do my wife and kids (huge win there)! We’ve decided that it will be our first NIB. I haven’t played the Premium, but I’m finding it hard to justify the cost. We have so much fun with the pro as it is. I love drop targets, but the little Deadpool drops leave me satisfied enough. I also actually prefer the plastic characters on the playfield compared to the molded. You lose several. I also prefer the pro art package (both cabinet and translite).
In typing this, I think I just made my mind up. I’d rather have a pro. Trick it out with art blades, side armor, and a few mods.

Both games are fun no doubt but for me the missing drop ramps and loop shots on the Pro were just lacking. I feel like the Premium offers quite a bit for the extra money. Not certain on the LE but thats up to the buyer. Fun game either way.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from LucasPepke:

Pro is good but if you plan to trick one to keep longer term, I’d reconsider holding out for a huo premium for the drops and diverter ramp as they pop up over the next year.

#13 5 years ago

Pro is a fun game, but if you can swing the extra cash, Premium is the way to go. I played the Pro on route, and it was fun, but having now owned a Premium/LE, I would sorely miss the diverter (and as stupid as this may sound, the disco ball). There are a number of shots I like on the game, but one of my favorites is ripping the Dazzler spinner and having the ball loop around to the right flipper and then doing that over and over again (until I miss). For me, if I was going to spend the money on what these games cost these days, I wanted 100% of the game play available. Yes, the additional cost doesn't warrant from a materials standpoint what you get in "premium features," but that's often life in general. On the other hand, the Pro is still a lot of fun and if you could put the cash you save elsewhere to better use, you'll still have a fun game.

#14 5 years ago

I prefer the pro after playing the premium all you really do is shoot the left spinner because it feeds to your right flipper safely with the ramp which becomes boring imo.

#15 5 years ago

Its a fun game. Enjoy the pro! I recently got the premium but I agree the art is better on pro!

Side note. Premium does still come with all the plastic figures in addition to molds. They just arent on by default. They come in a package inside and can be put on.

2 weeks later
#16 5 years ago

Most of the premiums have a better light show. Is there anything like that on the DP premium vs pro?

#17 5 years ago

No difference in the lightshows. I have bought the premium only for the flow of the disco loop... its my favorite shoot on this pinball ;o) and its really fun. When i play on the pro version, the loop is clearly less fun, less exciting.

2 weeks later
#18 5 years ago

Extra 2k to a make a shot that is already ok more fun... hmmm... each to their own but I’d throw that coin to the next title and be a damn site closer to a whole new pinball. Seems absurd to me to go premium on this one. You can get any number of 3D figures on eBay cheap, disco ball mods for $100 and the drop targets? Not a big loss on this game, it already has 3.

2 months later
#19 4 years ago

This may be my next game and am struggling to decide which model to get.

I've hardly seen any used ones up for sale.

#20 4 years ago

There has been a few threads with discussion on it. To summarize:

1) Pro is a good value, and most people who have bought a Pro are happy with it and think anyone buying a Premium/LE is either crazy or has more money than brains.

2) Premium adds the disco ball, drops and the left orbit loop to right flipper shot, plus the disco loops mode. And a couple of grand to the price. Most who have the Premium/LE say they would never do a Pro, mainly because of the left orbit to right flipper shot and how it improves flow on the game, and think that people who are satisfied with the Pro are missing out and just don't know it.

My recommendation is to find both out in the wild if possible, play 10 games on each. Focus on that left orbit shot and how the pin plays with the standups vs the drops and then decide which you prefer. If you cannot find both to play, and you have the budget, then my recommendation is Premium all the way for the reasons mentioned.

#21 4 years ago

For location PRO
For hone Premium

#22 4 years ago

Any good gameplay videos for the premium? I’m leaning towards Deadpool premium as my next pin.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

Any good gameplay videos for the premium? I’m leaning towards Deadpool premium as my next pin.

I think Deadflip has a bunch of streams for pro gameplay. Dontpanicflip on twitch has a bunch of premium gameplay.

For me, the decision was slightly easier. I already owned 3 stern pro’s so i was looking for a more unique game that wasn’t so stern cookie cutter. After debating between different manufacturers and what everyone had to offer for price, i ended up with DP Premium. With this unique layout, i really wanted the extras that tie it altogether.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think Deadflip has a bunch of streams for pro gameplay. Dontpanicflip on twitch has a bunch of premium gameplay.
For me, the decision was slightly easier. I already owned 3 stern pro’s so i was looking for a more unique game that wasn’t so stern cookie cutter. After debating between different manufacturers and what everyone had to offer for price, i ended up with DP Premium. With this unique layout, i really wanted the extras that tie it altogether.

Thanks, I'm looking to add a Stern back into the collection. Narrowed it down to Star Wars Premium or Deadpool Premium. I'm just not sure what I want to get rid of to make room for it yet. Wish I could keep them all!!

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

Yes there's a guy from Ireland I think who's streamed it a bit. It think it's an LE but you get the gist. Good vids.

2 years later
#26 1 year ago

My $0.02:

I played a PRO for months before buying a HUO Premium.

D-E-A-D-P-O-O-L standups vs. drops:
Standups have great bounce, like the rails of a lively pool table. They are also predictable, as they obviously don't change. Drops are interesting because they create much variability. They are less lively though because a hit to a drop will lose some of its rebound energy into the drop as it falls. They also sit a bit further back than the standups, making the mid-PF feel a little wider. They are very sensitive, so gentle touches will drop them even more easily than a gentle tap will register on a standup. They can create stuck balls needing a ball search to free them. Drops also go ka'thunk when they reset, causing the PF to jump for an instant, which makes the balls present hop a little. Overall, the drops are less lively but more interesting.

Disco Loops:
Fun but not nearly as fun as Disco MB - which the PRO has anyway.

Disco mirror ball:
Not nearly as cool as it should be. Stern uses tiny spots, hidden on the two sculpts, to throw light on the spinning ball. The result is underwhelming. I have never seen the mod for the PRO, but I bet, with its ring light, it actually works better.

Lift ramp:
It's fun to hit a few loops in a row, thanks to that lift ramp. Still, I don't really like loops that return to the same flipper. I much prefer ramps that bring the ball to the opposite flipper. The loops remind me of TWD's ramps - which I don't love for that reason. The lift ramp is a significant mech with a solenoid, so it goes ka'thunk a little, too. Sometimes it doesn't lift in time as the ball screams around the orbit and the ball will actually collide with the flap. Sometimes the ball comes around slowly and doesn't make it up the ramp. It's kind of a mixed bag. I think it's fun to watch people respond to the ball path the first time they hit a loop, but I could live without it after owning the game for a while. The absence of this ramp on the PRO is actually nice, as it allows you to see the whole shooter lane - something which I appreciate.

Sculpts vs Plastics:
I find the plastics more interesting. There are more of them and, if lit well, they are cool/colorful.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ormond Beach, FL
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pro-or-premium-?hl=mr_outlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.