“Deadpool pro or premium ?”

• Pro 36 votes
    63%
  • Premium 21 votes
    37%

(57 votes)

#1 4 months ago

Hi all,
I want to buy the deadpool pinball but i hesitate between pro or premium ?

What do you think ?

Thanks for your help
Yannick

#2 4 months ago

What's your specific hesitation, can you elaborate?
If financially you're okay paying for a premium, I don't think it's a negative over the pro.
However, if you can only afford the Pro, this is your game, as the Pro is pretty full featured and 'close enough' for many people.

#3 4 months ago

I played them both and dodnt see 1800 dollars of value on the premium. The drop target argument is absurd, in my opinion. To me they make zero difference. The toys are a little more 3d and fleshed out on the premium, but again, that's negligible. The diverter is the only main difference that I guess I would have to ask myself if that was worth it. The premium is better, as they almost always are.... but just barely. I dont think it's worth it going premium on this one.

#4 4 months ago

Last chance (?) for NIB Metallica and AC/DC. Deadpool can't compare.

#5 4 months ago

My hesitation is only for the price... 2k $ more for only targets, toys and diverter is not cheap.

I will take the pro and save 2k... sure the premium is beautiful but i will customize my pro.
Thankd guys.
Yannick

#6 4 months ago

Pro for me on this one

#7 4 months ago

I love the pro! Though the premium is very enjoyable and feel the flow feature on the right of the Playfield is worth it if it’s in the budget for the premium

#8 4 months ago

Premium flow is much better. I wouldnt go any other way unless budget is an issue.

#9 4 months ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Premium flow is much better. I wouldnt go any other way unless budget is an issue.

I played both side by side at this weekend's Portland arcade expo. I agree completely that the premium with the diverter ramp really made it much more enjoyable to shoot the left orbit (or non-orbit for the pro). Looping that over and over felt great. It is unfortunate that is something you have pay extra for.

3 months later
#10 40 days ago

Resurrecting this...I love Deadpool as do my wife and kids (huge win there)! We’ve decided that it will be our first NIB. I haven’t played the Premium, but I’m finding it hard to justify the cost. We have so much fun with the pro as it is. I love drop targets, but the little Deadpool drops leave me satisfied enough. I also actually prefer the plastic characters on the playfield compared to the molded. You lose several. I also prefer the pro art package (both cabinet and translite).

In typing this, I think I just made my mind up. I’d rather have a pro. Trick it out with art blades, side armor, and a few mods.

#11 40 days ago
Quoted from LucasPepke:

Resurrecting this...I love Deadpool as do my wife and kids (huge win there)! We’ve decided that it will be our first NIB. I haven’t played the Premium, but I’m finding it hard to justify the cost. We have so much fun with the pro as it is. I love drop targets, but the little Deadpool drops leave me satisfied enough. I also actually prefer the plastic characters on the playfield compared to the molded. You lose several. I also prefer the pro art package (both cabinet and translite).
In typing this, I think I just made my mind up. I’d rather have a pro. Trick it out with art blades, side armor, and a few mods.

Both games are fun no doubt but for me the missing drop ramps and loop shots on the Pro were just lacking. I feel like the Premium offers quite a bit for the extra money. Not certain on the LE but thats up to the buyer. Fun game either way.

#12 40 days ago
Quoted from LucasPepke:

Pro is good but if you plan to trick one to keep longer term, I’d reconsider holding out for a huo premium for the drops and diverter ramp as they pop up over the next year.

#13 39 days ago

Pro is a fun game, but if you can swing the extra cash, Premium is the way to go. I played the Pro on route, and it was fun, but having now owned a Premium/LE, I would sorely miss the diverter (and as stupid as this may sound, the disco ball). There are a number of shots I like on the game, but one of my favorites is ripping the Dazzler spinner and having the ball loop around to the right flipper and then doing that over and over again (until I miss). For me, if I was going to spend the money on what these games cost these days, I wanted 100% of the game play available. Yes, the additional cost doesn't warrant from a materials standpoint what you get in "premium features," but that's often life in general. On the other hand, the Pro is still a lot of fun and if you could put the cash you save elsewhere to better use, you'll still have a fun game.

#14 39 days ago

I prefer the pro after playing the premium all you really do is shoot the left spinner because it feeds to your right flipper safely with the ramp which becomes boring imo.

#15 39 days ago

Its a fun game. Enjoy the pro! I recently got the premium but I agree the art is better on pro!

Side note. Premium does still come with all the plastic figures in addition to molds. They just arent on by default. They come in a package inside and can be put on.

2 weeks later
#16 20 days ago

Most of the premiums have a better light show. Is there anything like that on the DP premium vs pro?

#17 20 days ago

No difference in the lightshows. I have bought the premium only for the flow of the disco loop... its my favorite shoot on this pinball ;o) and its really fun. When i play on the pro version, the loop is clearly less fun, less exciting.

2 weeks later
#18 2 days ago

Extra 2k to a make a shot that is already ok more fun... hmmm... each to their own but I’d throw that coin to the next title and be a damn site closer to a whole new pinball. Seems absurd to me to go premium on this one. You can get any number of 3D figures on eBay cheap, disco ball mods for $100 and the drop targets? Not a big loss on this game, it already has 3.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Peabody, MA
$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside