• Iron Maiden PRO 77 votes
    48%

(161 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

poll-result (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 4 years ago

If we're talking Pro I'd go Maiden all day! Deadpool Pro is full of clunk and rattles but I do still enjoy it. I would take Deadpool Premium over Maiden Premium though. DP Prem plays so much smoother and fixes what I don't like about the Pro.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've only played it after the update, but from what I understand, the code updates to this game have made a huge difference. I love the pin. Seems like it's the biggest sleeper on Pinside, probably due to many people still having a bad taste in their mouth from the early code.

The code has made a big difference but I think the biggest deterrent on the game for me was that I played 3-4 different Pro models on route that either played clunky or inconsistent. Like other Gomez games (Avengers and BM66) the game needs to be tweaked and setup properly to play well. One day you can make the sword ramp shot consistently and the next day your clean shots are rejected because the game is at a different pitch or level due to someone sliding the game around. And that right orbit on the Pro where there isn't a rail and the ball enters the shooter lane is hot garbage. It wasn't until I played a perfectly setup Deadpool Premium at MGC that I realized that this game can actually be really fun (and smooth) to shoot! I'm guessing you guys with Pro's in your collection can probably de-clunkify the game to make it play fairly smoothly but for me it seems like a night and day difference in terms of how they shoot. I think the Premium having drop targets lowers the amount of airballs as well which makes the gameplay feel more refined and solid due to the ball flying around less. I think the Premium is the easier playing game because of this. Setup is also crucial for being able to hit the Schnikt target successfully. If you're not able to pull off that shot it changes your strategy and scoring exponentially. With that being said I do think it's a great game but i'd encourage you to play several examples of the game at varying trim levels to formulate an opinion on the gameplay.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Trade
$ 24.50
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pro-or-iron-maiden-pro?tu=mikes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.