• Iron Maiden PRO 77 votes
    48%

(161 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

poll-result (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 4 years ago

Sorry for the long post. These 2 games are just so good. But heres my thoughts:

I own IMDN Pro and recently got DP PREM. I’m admittedly still in the honeymoon on DP with just over 100 plays in. I’ll try to be as subjective as possible.

First off, both are great games. Both have fantastic layouts. IMDN flows better than DP, but DP shots feel better than IMDN.

IMDN is a music pin and you know what you’re getting. The music on DP fits pinball way better and is simply amazing. A lot of the music in DP will just make you smile because of how well integrated it is.

IMDN is a bit more hardcore and serious with Some humor. There are 2 narrative call outs in the game and the beast call outs are some of the best in pinball. DP is more light hearted fun with really good sarcastic humor and packed with tons of call outs; there’s got to be at least 10 different character call outs in the game. The attention to detail in DP is mind blowing good.

Rules on both are extremely good. They are both intuitive and easy to follow and both offer lots of depth as well as breadth. Rules are pretty much a wash and some of sterns best in modern pinball because of it.

The display on both again is very well done on both games. Easy to follow along, scoring is displayed very neat and clean. IMDN is more dark natured while DP is more light and fun. Both displays are IMO sterns best to date.

I do set up my games hard. Ball times on both are near identical; they can both have short and long ball times - IMDN tends to have longer ball times but I’ve owned it longer too. My audits on DP currently show 10% of my plays are >15 mins. That’s perfect in my book. Here’s the kicker; both games are so good that short games feel just as fun and rewarding as the long games. That is perfection. I’ll have to check my audits on IMDN and report back on it.

all in all I need more time on a DP Pro, but the added flow DP Prem gives with the left loop and the drops being so fun to knock down; I couldn’t imagine playing the game without those features. The shots in DP are much harder than IMDN so keep that in mind; but when you’re locked in, boy does it feel good. DP’s Snikt shot is one of the most satisfying shots in pinball.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

IMDN blows DP away IMO - IF you like or think you can tolerate the theme/music.
DP fell completely flat for me, the G rated theme application is a massive fail as far as I'm concerned.

Have you played DP on finished code. I felt the same way on the pros I’ve played on initial release. Now I’m just blown away, so much I bought one.

#36 4 years ago

Oh. And if I had to choose between my IMDN or my DP. It would be easy - DP. Thank god I don’t have to make that choice.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#59 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Just curious, how much time to do you have playing DP since the last code update?
I had an IMDN here for 6 weeks (babysitting it) and while I definitely like it, I'd rather own DP.
How many of you are surprised by the results of the poll so far? How many thought that IMDN would run away with this? After 70 votes, it's an even split at 50/50. So DP is more than holding it's own against IMDN, which says a lot considering how universally praised IMDN is around here.

Not surprised. I own both and prefer DP, but I’m still honeymoonin’ lol. I’ll play some IMDN this weekend and see how I feel. I think these are two of sterns best ‘total package’ games in year year years.

IMDN has DP beat in depth of code but I’d argue DP wins in breadth and variety. IMDN also takes 25+ minutes to get real deep while DP is 15 minutes. Scoring opportunities are crazy in both but DP is no slouch; I hit a 196mil final shot on Mystique last night. A 200+ mil juggernaut final shot the night before. Mech suit multiball is amazingly fun and a great scoring mode. I’m still new to the game (only 120 games in) but I’d say mech suit needs to be setup harder to get to which I did last night and so far I like the change. Another kudos to Tanio for giving us loads of menu options like IMDN.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

IMDN punishes missed shots, plays fast + flowy, and it's a real challenge to make it to Number of the Beast.
I've never walked away from DP with the impression that it's difficult. It doesn't ship with outlane post rubbers but it doesn't need them.

You should come play my DP IMDN is much more forgiving.

2 weeks later
#86 4 years ago

Lil Deadpool is scripted much better now since 1.0 code, or even .99 rather. Fits the game and theme perfectly where he was very prominent on early releases. Lil Deadpool and the unicorn is a thing in the comic universe and even brought out in the movie DP2 as well.

Deadpool sound package in its entirety is probably sterns best since LOTR, yup i said it. The overall sound package on this game is crazy good with tons of variety. I was blown away by IMDN’s call outs, but DP has it beat. Even the super jackpots have great scripting and offer lots of variety.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 300.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pro-or-iron-maiden-pro?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.