• Iron Maiden PRO 77 votes
    48%

(161 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

poll-result (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG

There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Deadpool PRO or Iron Maiden PRO?
We need the Pinside Community's help!
Which is MORE FUN?
THANKS

#2 4 years ago

I recently picked up a Deadpool pro in a trade and we’re really enjoying it. I personally don’t like Iron Maiden as a theme and my wife hates the art/video that’s not “kid friendly”. Iron Maiden pin is a nice shooting pin with a cool layout, but it will never be in my home.

#3 4 years ago

Deadpool gets my vote.

#4 4 years ago

Iron Maiden is a great game BUT I find my self not playing it nearly as much as our Deadpool. Personally, I enjoy the combination of theme, humor, and game play much more on Deadpool.

#5 4 years ago

Buy either, you can't go wrong
When you tire of it trade it for the other one.

#6 4 years ago

I played both for quite a while last weekend, and I’d have a tough time picking one over the other because both are great, but I’d give the nod to Deadpool by a hair.

The only reservation I’d have is with the hit and miss Stern quality control. The Deadpool I played is less than a year old, but already looks more generally worn than some of the other Stern games that have been there for several years (MUS, ST, IM, ACDC, MET, GOT, SM) and almost certainly have a lot more plays on them. Also, the Lil Deadpool figure was missing from the game (seems like a weak point in the game, as others have had issues) and the bottom GI was very dim.

The Maiden machine has been there about as long as DP and was likely built around the same time, but had no issues at all.

My favorite pleasant surprise that day was ACNC. It’s simply excellent in every way, Spooky should be very proud, and you guys waiting on one will be greatly rewarded for your patience!

#7 4 years ago

Iron Maiden great game with a unique layout and a great rule set with different strategies that keeps you coming back. DP is a fun game as well but if you are a good player it could get boring as it can turn into a super long playing game.

#8 4 years ago

love them both but imo deadpool is the better game.

#9 4 years ago

Iron Maiden is my personal favorite at the moment. It's very high-energy. Deadpool is fun, but I never feel as excited or pumped up as I do playing Iron Maiden. The 'Deathblow' callouts are awesome, the tilt animation is so perfect, and the shots are really fast.

#10 4 years ago

See post #2 Coz, The same applies in my household. DP would be my option and I do like it.

#11 4 years ago

Played DP a few times and can't get into it at all
my vote is IMDN

#12 4 years ago

Deadpool by a mile. Maiden is good, and I enjoy playing it but never had the urge to own one. Deadpool is awesome and has gotten better and better with each software update. Those that say it isn't deep enough haven't played one lately. Getting to the Sinister modes is not easy and I doubt there are too many people that have made it to the end yet. It is just a pure FUN game beginning to end with a unique layout and ruleset. My one caveat would be you need to appreciate the humor or I could see it getting a bit obnoxious after awhile. I personally love it, but understand it will not be for everyone.

#13 4 years ago

Can’t go wrong with either.

Iron Maiden was pretty strong out of the gate and stayed there based on the layout, rules and artwork. Deadpool code took a while to get there, but I think it’s gone from sleeper status to hit.

Both are super fun and would be a great addition.

#14 4 years ago

its weird to see these comments. i bought a deadpool when first released and it was almost universally panned. The new code has really helped it though. I was always regretting buying it instead of Iron Maiden but i think now, i made the right choice.

#15 4 years ago

I'm just trying to step inside your head and imagine myself as you standing in front of these games. Without a doubt you will find Deadpool more fun. I personally think Maiden is more fun but for you it's Deadpool for sure. You're welcome.

#16 4 years ago

Iron Maiden is just flat out fun for me. I don't like the theme much at all but important thing is how a game plays. All the shots, loops, and dynamics of 4 flippers is great. Rules are pretty easy to learn and lots of action. I cannot get into DP at all. Humor is flat and often annoying. Pro I played felt clunky and shots didn't feel that satisfying. I did play it right after it came out so maybe I need to give it another chance with updated code. Visually it's a pretty cool looking game so I will give it that.

#17 4 years ago

I wasn't keen on deadpool but after playing, its a solid game. I am not a maiden fan, and I love my pro. So I'd say you are good either way.

#18 4 years ago

WOW, Thanks to everyone!
We are new to Pinside and never posted anything.
You guys rock, thanks for taking time and giving helpful info!

My decision will come down to last minute.
Sounds like we can't go wrong either way.

PEACE , LOVE and PINBALL to All

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from sirisles:

WOW, Thanks to everyone!
We are new to Pinside and never posted anything.
You guys rock, thanks for taking time and giving helpful info!
My decision will come down to last minute.
Sounds like we can't go wrong either way.
PEACE , LOVE and PINBALL to All

Go to boxcar bar arcade in Greensboro. They have Deadpool LE and Iron Maiden LE and lots of other new stern LEs.

#20 4 years ago

No shame in Deadpool's game but Maiden is the G.O.A.T.

#21 4 years ago

DP for a family skillset. IM for "players" skillset.

#22 4 years ago

Both fun, but Iron Maiden still by a mile.

#23 4 years ago

Coz,
Yes boxcar is awesome place

We went to one in Durham last weekend to play most of my wish list.

But we can only afford PRO's and on some games its a big difference.

I think i need the WIFE to get second job!!!!

Peace brother

#24 4 years ago

IMDN blows DP away IMO - IF you like or think you can tolerate the theme/music.

DP fell completely flat for me, the G rated theme application is a massive fail as far as I'm concerned.

#25 4 years ago

I was actually thinking about putting my Iron Maiden up for trade for a Deadpool.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from sirisles:

Coz,
Yes boxcar is awesome place
We went to one in Durham last weekend to play most of my wish list.
But we can only afford PRO's and on some games its a big difference.
I think i need the WIFE to get second job!!!!
Peace brother

So, there is a Deadpool LE in the company office and a Deadpool Pro at my local arcade. The LE looks a bit cooler with the side blades, disco ball, and return switch, but honestly they play just the same. I really don't think you are missing much from a players perspective from a Pro point of view. In face, the drop down "Dead Pool" target letters don't all work already on the LE in the company office. I personally don't think it is worth the extra money for the LE on this one, and that for $100 you could put on side blades yourself if you liked them (I do) and change out the plastic figurines for cool action figures to your own taste quite easily.

Long story short, Pro all the way on this one.

#27 4 years ago

Sorry for the long post. These 2 games are just so good. But heres my thoughts:

I own IMDN Pro and recently got DP PREM. I’m admittedly still in the honeymoon on DP with just over 100 plays in. I’ll try to be as subjective as possible.

First off, both are great games. Both have fantastic layouts. IMDN flows better than DP, but DP shots feel better than IMDN.

IMDN is a music pin and you know what you’re getting. The music on DP fits pinball way better and is simply amazing. A lot of the music in DP will just make you smile because of how well integrated it is.

IMDN is a bit more hardcore and serious with Some humor. There are 2 narrative call outs in the game and the beast call outs are some of the best in pinball. DP is more light hearted fun with really good sarcastic humor and packed with tons of call outs; there’s got to be at least 10 different character call outs in the game. The attention to detail in DP is mind blowing good.

Rules on both are extremely good. They are both intuitive and easy to follow and both offer lots of depth as well as breadth. Rules are pretty much a wash and some of sterns best in modern pinball because of it.

The display on both again is very well done on both games. Easy to follow along, scoring is displayed very neat and clean. IMDN is more dark natured while DP is more light and fun. Both displays are IMO sterns best to date.

I do set up my games hard. Ball times on both are near identical; they can both have short and long ball times - IMDN tends to have longer ball times but I’ve owned it longer too. My audits on DP currently show 10% of my plays are >15 mins. That’s perfect in my book. Here’s the kicker; both games are so good that short games feel just as fun and rewarding as the long games. That is perfection. I’ll have to check my audits on IMDN and report back on it.

all in all I need more time on a DP Pro, but the added flow DP Prem gives with the left loop and the drops being so fun to knock down; I couldn’t imagine playing the game without those features. The shots in DP are much harder than IMDN so keep that in mind; but when you’re locked in, boy does it feel good. DP’s Snikt shot is one of the most satisfying shots in pinball.

#28 4 years ago

I like both of these games but wouldn't want to own them anymore.

Iron Maiden Pro - just was week compared to the Premium. Thought not sure I'd spend up for it anymore.

Deadpool Pwns Iron Maiden from what I hear on earnings in most markets. Though if you've got a bunch of 45-55 year olds
IM going to win.

I would not pay for a NIB for either title anymore.

I'd go with Gaurdians of Galaxy Premium - you could buy mine.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

IMDN blows DP away IMO - IF you like or think you can tolerate the theme/music.
DP fell completely flat for me, the G rated theme application is a massive fail as far as I'm concerned.

Have you played DP on finished code. I felt the same way on the pros I’ve played on initial release. Now I’m just blown away, so much I bought one.

#30 4 years ago

Deadpool. Iron Maiden just takes toooooooooooooo looooooooooooooooooooong.

#32 4 years ago

Deadpool easily gets my vote. Iron Maiden is a good game but just not quite as good as DP

#33 4 years ago

Definitely maiden imo.

#34 4 years ago

Deadpool is good, but Maiden is great

#35 4 years ago

Like both games. Its Deadpool for me - hoping to pick one up in the next few days. This thread needs a poll!

#36 4 years ago

Oh. And if I had to choose between my IMDN or my DP. It would be easy - DP. Thank god I don’t have to make that choice.

#37 4 years ago

I own both... IM great but DP clearly more more fun !!!

#38 4 years ago

Maiden.. gotta love the loops.

#40 4 years ago

Deadpool FTW!

#41 4 years ago

Hmmm I wonder what I would go for

IMO, don't need anymore family friendly games (WW yuck!).
The music for me is fantastic. Guess you have to be a Maiden fan, I am.
The game, artwork and videos are amazing.

Maiden for the win.

#42 4 years ago

Deadpool......i would never put maiden in my house.....

#43 4 years ago

I thought IM would be running away (it gets my vote). But I've seen a couple of comments about new code making DP better -- I only played it around launch time and found it underwhelming (except for the Katana ball lock shot, which is amazing), so maybe I need to give it another shot...

#44 4 years ago

Casual player? Deadpool
Competitive player? Iron Maiden

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Casual player? Deadpool
Competitive player? Iron Maiden

Why?

DP has more difficult shots than IMDN

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why?
DP has more difficult shots than IMDN

Perhaps, but IMDN has WAY better code that the advanced player will appreciate.

#47 4 years ago

Faced the same dilemma a couple months ago. Went to local arcade that had both (Pro versions). Was biased going in (Love DP, and couldn't name a single IMDN tune). Played several games on both, wanting to like DP better, but personally I found IMDN way more fun (better soundtrack, better shots/flow, better callouts). Was very easy decision for me IMDN

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Perhaps, but IMDN has WAY better code that the advanced player will appreciate.

Disagree with WAY better code.

#49 4 years ago

Love Iron Maiden music and have seen them three times. Was waiting for this pin but just find that center shot so "meh", it just doesn't do anything for me although I love the rest of the game. The Katana shot on Deadpool is one of the best ever period! My vote is Deadpool.

#50 4 years ago

If we're talking Pro I'd go Maiden all day! Deadpool Pro is full of clunk and rattles but I do still enjoy it. I would take Deadpool Premium over Maiden Premium though. DP Prem plays so much smoother and fixes what I don't like about the Pro.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 300.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pro-or-iron-maiden-pro?hl=pduffy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.