• Iron Maiden PRO 77 votes
    48%

(161 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

poll-result (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG

There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Disagree with WAY better code.

Perhaps "way better" was a poor choice of words. Different people enjoy different things in a game, but IMDN's code is undeniably much more complex when it comes to scoring strategies. This makes IMDN very appealing to above average players that covet more nuanced rulesets.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Perhaps, but IMDN has WAY better code that the advanced player will appreciate.

Sorry man...that is just your opinion. Myself, and other "advanced" players I know definitely prefer DP. Maiden isn't bad, but I just do not find it all that exciting. Deadpool has some very unique stuff going on with it's code now, with a lot of strategic opportunities, and all of it is pure fun in my opinion.

edit: Just saw your last post after writing this. Definitely understand your point of view. Different strokes, and we all like what we like. Good to have options!

#53 4 years ago

I'm in the same boat, but this post made me more unsure - Poll needs to be added.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

I'm in the same boat, but this post made me more unsure - Poll needs to be added.

There is a poll. Right now it's a tie

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Perhaps "way better" was a poor choice of words. Different people enjoy different things in a game, but IMDN's code is undeniably much more complex when it comes to scoring strategies. This makes IMDN very appealing to above average players that covet more nuanced rulesets.

Just curious, how much time to do you have playing DP since the last code update?

I had an IMDN here for 6 weeks (babysitting it) and while I definitely like it, I'd rather own DP.

How many of you are surprised by the results of the poll so far? How many thought that IMDN would run away with this? After 70 votes, it's an even split at 50/50. So DP is more than holding it's own against IMDN, which says a lot considering how universally praised IMDN is around here.

#56 4 years ago

I purchased a new Maiden Premium last summer, and I paid 2500 more for it than my used DP Pro last February. Both are equally fun, but one costs much less. You decide.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why?
DP has more difficult shots than IMDN

IMDN punishes missed shots, plays fast + flowy, and it's a real challenge to make it to Number of the Beast.

I've never walked away from DP with the impression that it's difficult. It doesn't ship with outlane post rubbers but it doesn't need them.

#58 4 years ago

I sold my IMDN pro right away - - to buy an IMDN premium I liked the game so much.

I sold my DP pro after the latest code release - - and bought a Star Trek Premium.

DP Pro was a snoozefest for me and got to be really repetitive really quickly. Very few ways to really attack the game and the rules and game play just felt very uninspired and a lot left to be desired.

IMDN still amazes me.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Just curious, how much time to do you have playing DP since the last code update?
I had an IMDN here for 6 weeks (babysitting it) and while I definitely like it, I'd rather own DP.
How many of you are surprised by the results of the poll so far? How many thought that IMDN would run away with this? After 70 votes, it's an even split at 50/50. So DP is more than holding it's own against IMDN, which says a lot considering how universally praised IMDN is around here.

Not surprised. I own both and prefer DP, but I’m still honeymoonin’ lol. I’ll play some IMDN this weekend and see how I feel. I think these are two of sterns best ‘total package’ games in year year years.

IMDN has DP beat in depth of code but I’d argue DP wins in breadth and variety. IMDN also takes 25+ minutes to get real deep while DP is 15 minutes. Scoring opportunities are crazy in both but DP is no slouch; I hit a 196mil final shot on Mystique last night. A 200+ mil juggernaut final shot the night before. Mech suit multiball is amazingly fun and a great scoring mode. I’m still new to the game (only 120 games in) but I’d say mech suit needs to be setup harder to get to which I did last night and so far I like the change. Another kudos to Tanio for giving us loads of menu options like IMDN.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

IMDN punishes missed shots, plays fast + flowy, and it's a real challenge to make it to Number of the Beast.
I've never walked away from DP with the impression that it's difficult. It doesn't ship with outlane post rubbers but it doesn't need them.

You should come play my DP IMDN is much more forgiving.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

To be honest, I've only played DP a handful of times since the most recent update. Did they make a lot of significant changes?

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I would say the amount of people who are surprised is equally proportional to the amount of people who have not played a well set-up DP with the latest code.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Maiden win this poll in the long run. I acknowledge it's a great game with a very strong following and was a breath of fresh air when it was released. But DP should not be discounted in any way...it's probably Stern's biggest "sleeper hit" in many years.

#63 4 years ago

I own neither. I have played both games many times in all flavors. Deadpool LE is a sight to behold! Plays great, is funny, has great music and rules. I still give a slight edge to Maiden. It has an intangible something that has a whole lot to do with Keith Elwin.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

To be honest, I've only played DP a handful of times since the most recent update. Did they make a lot of significant changes?

I've only played it after the update, but from what I understand, the code updates to this game have made a huge difference. I love the pin. Seems like it's the biggest sleeper on Pinside, probably due to many people still having a bad taste in their mouth from the early code.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've only played it after the update, but from what I understand, the code updates to this game have made a huge difference. I love the pin. Seems like it's the biggest sleeper on Pinside, probably due to many people still having a bad taste in their mouth from the early code.

The code has made a big difference but I think the biggest deterrent on the game for me was that I played 3-4 different Pro models on route that either played clunky or inconsistent. Like other Gomez games (Avengers and BM66) the game needs to be tweaked and setup properly to play well. One day you can make the sword ramp shot consistently and the next day your clean shots are rejected because the game is at a different pitch or level due to someone sliding the game around. And that right orbit on the Pro where there isn't a rail and the ball enters the shooter lane is hot garbage. It wasn't until I played a perfectly setup Deadpool Premium at MGC that I realized that this game can actually be really fun (and smooth) to shoot! I'm guessing you guys with Pro's in your collection can probably de-clunkify the game to make it play fairly smoothly but for me it seems like a night and day difference in terms of how they shoot. I think the Premium having drop targets lowers the amount of airballs as well which makes the gameplay feel more refined and solid due to the ball flying around less. I think the Premium is the easier playing game because of this. Setup is also crucial for being able to hit the Schnikt target successfully. If you're not able to pull off that shot it changes your strategy and scoring exponentially. With that being said I do think it's a great game but i'd encourage you to play several examples of the game at varying trim levels to formulate an opinion on the gameplay.

#66 4 years ago

I honestly love them both, but Iron Maiden still wins out for me in a side by side match-up. The theme obviously isn’t for everyone, but the gameplay and fun factor on Iron Maiden beats out Deadpool easily.

#67 4 years ago

DP all day!!! Fresh and exciting code combined with some unique shots = FUN FUN.

**Disclaimer**

I'm usually a Pro Playa, but Premium+ is the way to go on DP.

#68 4 years ago

Deadpool - But then again, everyone loves Deadpool...not everyone likes Iron Maiden music.

#69 4 years ago

I love playing both of them. If I had to pick I would say deadpool is just more fun to play and somewhat of a good sleeper title that more people seem to be coming around to now it has great code.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

Deadpool - But then again, everyone loves Deadpool...not everyone likes Iron Maiden music.

I can't stand the DP theme, the game was mediocre at best. I like most marvel movies but couldn't even finish watching the first one. I've never heard any IMDN music before playing the pin and mine isn't going anywhere. The flow and 4 flipper interaction is impossible to beat on IMDN. Not to mention how many different scoring strategies there are and how I tend to rotate between them in the same game. IMDN is a work of art and a true player's game.

#71 4 years ago

They are both great, don’t think you could go wrong with either. I have an IMDN pro and DP prem. Only regret is not going prem on IMDN. Both are keepers. Sell a kidney and get them both! DP is based off of the comic and animated series and is voiced by Nolan North who also voiced DP in the animated series. I like the animations in both, IMDN are Eddie’s travels with some pretty cool animations and DP are in 8-bit game style with some comic book flair. A nice pair that compliment each other in a way. Both have original layouts and not the typical fan layout. The art on both is FANTASTIC by Zombie Yeti. Really a toss up.

#72 4 years ago

I find deadpool more fun!!

#73 4 years ago

Tried dead pool again in Allentown. I just can't get into this game and I have tried with at least a dozen games.

#74 4 years ago

Sold maidenLe , i could not get into the game like Twd Met or Acdc , now thinking about DeadpooL or wait to see what JJP does with Gnr

#75 4 years ago

Got a chance to finally play DP at Zapcon today. Both the wife and I spent more time on INMDN prem than DP and we already have a INMDN pro at home.

I'd be interested in trying DP in a calmer, quieter environment again but it's definitely Iron Maiden for us... for now.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I played DP early on and was kind of let down as I wanted to love it because I’m such a fan of the movies. 6 months later I read about the code updates and realize that many of the game’s short comings were in its setup. So I said “what the hell” and traded for an LE and 3 weeks later it might be the best game I’ve ever played. I love IMDN and think it’s Stern’s best game since MET (tied with GOT actually) but DP has quirky weird callouts that I f’n love and my LE is dialed in and the shots are incredible. It took several hours to set up but it’s so worth it. There is no wrong answer/bad vote here but my vote goes to DPizzle.

#77 4 years ago

maiden...….final answer

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

maiden...….final answer

No !!

If you dont learn the rules and the tips of DP, you can think "its meh... Not for me". But when you understand the rules, the tips and the strategy to adopt, you can only say "wow this game is really great"...

IM is a great pin, competitive pinball. You must have it in your collection because it give pleasure each time.

But clearly, DP give more fun, more strategy to have, more depth.

I have both, its clearly the best choice if you have the money. If i need to have only one : DP clearly.

DP is bad ranked in the top 100 because a lot of people do battles without strategy... Its just the last thing to do. And so they give a bad rate...
Good choice

#79 4 years ago

For me it's Deadpool, clearly, mainly for the fun factor, as asked in the first post.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from sirisles:

Deadpool PRO or Iron Maiden PRO?
We need the Pinside Community's help!
Which is MORE FUN?
THANKS

Oh my.

I have a very small collection so to me Iron Maiden is totally great but I'd like my game to have any toys.
Deadpool you have to get around liking it's kinda corky shots but that Katana is really cool and... well there's Mini-Deadpool everyone hates.

I like both.
Propably preferring Maiden but not keep it for too long once I get around everything.

#81 4 years ago

Initial impressions from playing several games on each: Iron Maiden is a slow warmup. I started to appreciate it more after about 5-10 games as it took me some time to find the shots, especially in that upper right section. Deadpool was an instant like for me, a lot more accessible right out of the gate. I appreciate the shot geometry on both games and they both take risks on the layout, which is cool.

Both are great, just depends on who will be playing it, what type of player you are, and your enjoyment of the themes/toys. Deadpool is silly/campy/colorful, IM is more serious/shooter focused/fewer toys.

#82 4 years ago

I have both IM Pro and DP Pro and I think it comes down to theme. Both are gorgeous, fun games with deep rules and challenging/enjoyable layouts. Both will be enjoyed for quite some time. Neither of the premiums are worth it in my opinion.

I’m a comic fan-boy so I give the nod to DP. Great theme integration and the code just keeps getting better and better. And the Katana lock shot is one of the more satisfying shots in pinball

#83 4 years ago

Thanks everyone for feedback and info!
We went with Iron Maiden !!
Hopefully Deadpool will follow soon.

Peace, Love and Pinball

#84 4 years ago

I have IMDN now. I like it, but not crazy over it like some are. I like the layout, I just can't dial in the shots, even after owning it since it first came out. I find both ramps and the loop shot from the little upper flip very difficult to hit consistently.

DP really has my attention now and pretty soon, I may have to decide if I want to go Pro or Prem with that one.

#85 4 years ago

I’m looking to change up my GOT for one of these as well. I’m torn beaten the 2 because I really like multi flipper games in which Iron Maiden has and the mutiple shots that come with that. I like Iron Maiden as a band too but just wish it wasn’t so based off the Legacy of the beast comics. Never got into the video game or the comics. Deadpool has some really cool shots and seems the code is really getting good. Only thing that I don’t really like about DP is the lil Deadpool dude and the some what kid oriented animations. Wish it was based off the movie or atleast had a more R rated adult theme. I need to put more time on both and maybe one will stand out more than the other.

#86 4 years ago

Lil Deadpool is scripted much better now since 1.0 code, or even .99 rather. Fits the game and theme perfectly where he was very prominent on early releases. Lil Deadpool and the unicorn is a thing in the comic universe and even brought out in the movie DP2 as well.

Deadpool sound package in its entirety is probably sterns best since LOTR, yup i said it. The overall sound package on this game is crazy good with tons of variety. I was blown away by IMDN’s call outs, but DP has it beat. Even the super jackpots have great scripting and offer lots of variety.

#87 4 years ago

While I agree that DP is not "R" rated when it could be, I still don't get the impression that it is geared towards little kids either. The humor is still good, despite not being as crude as the movie.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

While I agree that DP is not "R" rated when it could be, I still don't get the impression that it is geared towards little kids either. The humor is still good, despite not being as crude as the movie.

I agree - I am still hoping that someone (Cleland?) will do a sound replacement, to make it "R" , but the base sounds are good, too...

#89 4 years ago

Can’t really go wrong either way, easily the two best Spike games. Enjoyment may actually come down to your skill level. Maiden really comes to life once you’ve gotten a bit deep into the game.

If you can regularly put up a few hundred million on IM you probably have what it takes to dive deep into that and it would be a more satisfying game in the long term. If you’re a more casual player and don’t frequently get past the surface level on games I think Deadpool would be more satisfying. The shots all feel good and there are a lot of little payoffs along the way.

Deadpool is pure fun, Maiden is pure adrenaline, both kick ass.

#90 4 years ago

Struggled with the same choice a couple weeks ago, went with IMDN. However, I'm still trying to figure out how to pick up a Deadpool too... they make a great combo when paired together.

#91 4 years ago

Both games extremely good. Personally would have gone with Deadpool as it feels a little more premium than Iron Maiden.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

There is a poll. Right now it's a tie

I must be mentally challenged, I still don't see poll results? Which is winning?

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#93 4 years ago

Sorry, i closed the poll after i bought Iron Maiden.
I didn't know it would disappear.
DP won in a CLOSE race , i think it was 81-77 DP

#94 4 years ago

Poll results still show for me. 84 to 77. DP FTW! But, you bought Iron Maiden anyway. No losers here. Both are great!

poll-result (resized).jpgpoll-result (resized).jpg
#95 4 years ago

Thanks scottslash ,
Are you still enjoying DP? That's the next one we plan to buy.
Enjoy your weekend

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from sirisles:

Thanks scottslash ,
Are you still enjoying DP? That's the next one we plan to buy.
Enjoy your weekend

Very much so! DP is definitely a "just one more game" game.

A chunk of this weekend will be spent doing a teardown and shop job on NASCAR.

Enjoy your weekend too.

4 months later
#97 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I am bringing this thread back from the dead. But wanted to ask about the code of each.

Is Maiden much deeper or more things to do than on DP or are the two similar close to the same?

Quoted from T-800:

I sold my IMDN pro right away - - to buy an IMDN premium I liked the game so much.
I sold my DP pro after the latest code release - - and bought a Star Trek Premium.
DP Pro was a snoozefest for me and got to be really repetitive really quickly. Very few ways to really attack the game and the rules and game play just felt very uninspired and a lot left to be desired.
IMDN still amazes me.

I worry about this, playing a game that is the same every time you play. I know a lot of games like this but I also like some games that can feel different each time I play it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pro-or-iron-maiden-pro/page/2?hl=yfichelle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.