You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210103_162520 (resized).jpg
20210103_161909 (resized).jpg
20210103_160532 (resized).jpg
20210103_160011 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Anytime that GI light under the ramp is out the ball will light up and spin.
In attract mode i think that lamp is always on so ball is dead.
some modes when you finish or hit a jackpot shot the gi goes out for a split second so ball turns on, i like it as a quick visual on a completed/registerd shot.
I also plan to adjust spot and see if I can get a better reflection.
That will be the weekend project.

Thanks for posting this, I got this mod and to say I am disappointed in it is an understatement. I'm going to try your fix and see if I at least like it a little bit better. Can you show how you attached the new bulb leads from the tapped GI bulb?

2 months later
#7 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Any update on this? I was trying to decide if I was going to purchase the Lermods or Hooked on Pinball version of the disco ball mod. Both look cool, but unfortunately not close to the disco ball on the premium. Also any one know anything about the disco ball mod by yoyokopter?

My recommendation is to just pass. You shouldn't have to reverse engineer a mod to get it to work right. Another option is turning the potentiometer so it is less sensitive but I haven't tried that on mine yet. Tbh I don't have high hopes. Honestly the effect is not that good anyway. I have not tried HOP or yoyokopter so I'm not sure if they would be any better or not.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

This has been one of our most popular mods and feedback has been extremely positive even on the new code. As noted, there is a potentiometer inside the black box that can reduce the sensitivity to light, but there are two other options. One is to hook the light sensor to a GI bulb so that it spins whenever the GI light is lit, which is most of the time. The other option is to use a different relay board that has a time delay, this will keep the ball spinning when the insert is flashing for up to 5 seconds at a time. We have not used this time delay board for this mod as there has been no negative feedback outside of this thread to warrant a change, but if someone was not happy we would ask they return the version they have and we will replace it with the time delay board at no additional charge (just cover shipping).

Bro, I'm trying so hard not to be a jerk about this but how are you going to look a person in the eye and tell them this is fine? I know we've had PM's about this that I'm not trying to drag into the public eye but I am more than happy to make a thread to find out if this is satisfactory to people. I'm not trying to drag you or your company as I have stated numerous times, I believe you are a good guy and your mods are generally of good quality, but this is a problem with this mod in particular and to keep pretending that it isn't is VERY concerning. Not even so much as a warning before purchasing, and every time I mention it you send me a PM or clutch your pearls?

Here is a video of the mod in action with current code. You're really gonna sit here and pretend people are OK with this? You're gonna sit here and pretend YOU'RE OK with this? Come on man.

Please, if anyone thinks I am wrong and this, in its current state, is satisfactory, please correct me here and now.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I previously sent you a pm with two solutions, one you just admitted you didn’t even bother to try and the other you didn’t even respond to. I even offered you a full refund that you didn’t want to bother with. yet, every chance you get, you slam the mod. I’m not sure what else I can do here, but I am at least trying to provide constructive options for you. We are super responsive when customers have issues and ALWAYS try to correct them and make things right, just like we did for you.
Start a thread, I don’t really care, but I’m being totally honest when I say we have not received negative feedback on this mod. We would not be selling it if we did as we’d get many returns. I don’t have the game any more nor access to one so I can’t try to duplicate your action. Again, try adjusting with the potentiometer inside the black box, which reduces the sensitivity to light. I also have a different relay board that can be used.

I explained why I didn't take the refund. All I want you to do is admit theres a problem with your product and warn people lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 64.99
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pro-disco-ball-mod-mod-to-fix-for-new-code?tu=haymaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.