Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lobo2k.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

hey guys. I've never bought (or even seen!) An LE as I'm fairly new to the scene. I've decided I'm getting Deadpool premium or LE. Cost, of course, of always a factor but honestly I don't see myself buying pin after pin (who knows though!!), so it's not a huge one...

What I'm wondering is based on y'all's experiences, are LE's worth it in general? Do they hold value better? More desirable in the future? Etc.

And to anyone who has played Deadpool premium vs LE, thoughts????

I know I would get a Batman 66 LE in a second, I'm wondering if in general LE's are much more desirable ... Help!! Thanks as always..

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Premiums & LEs are the usually the same and play exactly the same.
    Usually they have diff'rent art and a plaque that says they are LEs. So you're paying a lot more for really no reason other than to say you have an LE and get it earlier than a Prem.

Ya .. I know they play the same... Quite a few extras though I guess I can always get them after market too (different lighting better glass better speakers shaker). I guess I was wondering from a resale perspective.... Limited more desirable I would think? But I'm sure it's a good enough game that all tiers will be desirable for quite a bit..

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

Agreed, Premium and LE Deadpool will play identically.

Somewhat disagree. With Deadpool LE you also get the shaker included, mirrored backglass, the powder coated armor and Stern's "HD" playfield glass. So there is some added value above the Premium. Not enough to cover the entire price difference, you are still paying more for the "LE" aspect of it.

In general, no. There have been exceptions, but for the vast majority of titles out there the LE will depreciate the same as the Premium. I'd recommend only going LE if it is a dream theme, or you like the overall LE package better and don't mind spending for the bling.

Thanks bud. Helped me make up my mind, I think I'll just go premium and save a few bucks. I was tempted for the better glass and shaker (especially!!) But I can always add that later I suppose...

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Gotta think of the value included; Shaker is literally $79. Once cool stuff like mirrored backglass, is only like 40% as big as it used to be! Glass is worth it to some depending on your playing area but again... Stuff you csn get later most likely cheaper.
    Of course Canadian shipping might make it more tempting to get it all at once though?

Haha ya normally probably.... but I run a logistics company and pay peanuts so that's not really a big worry. Live near a border too and have storage on the US side. Man....I can't wait. Just gotta convince the wife now......

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from hockeymag8:

I have an LE and love it. If you ever make it over to Mich you are welcome to come by and play it.

hockeymag8 Thanks bud. I actually have family in Detroit, who knows I may take you up on that. Where are you in Mich?

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I own an LE and the biggest upgrade for me is the upgraded amp and speakers. This pin sounds better than any I’ve ever heard. This might not matter to most but as an audio guy it makes a big difference to me. I also think the LE looks amazing. Whether it’s worth the extra scratch.....I think so, but again, many/most probably don’t.

@Chisox, dammit man. I didn't know the amp was upgraded too lol.... I'm huge on sound as well and already had a spot and a plan to hook this up to my stereo system in the basement (I think I have like 15 speakers in the walls and ceilings lol). Now I'm really on the fence again lol. Are the songs good? I've only played it in a really loud setting and although I can hear some of the call outs I can't hear much background. (It's a pro as well).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lobo2k.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-premium-vs-le?tu=lobo2k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.