Deadpool playfield multiplier not registering

By brickbuilder14

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hey so I’m having an issue that has left me stumped. Anyone have this happen to them and have a solution? My skit target registers every time when hit. However when it’s hit and the ball then goes up the ramp I don’t get a playfield multiplier. The opto works on the ramp. The lock opto works . There’s no other active switches. I’ve performed every test. It doesn’t add up. Mechanically everything seems to be working. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

#2 1 year ago

Perhaps a change in settings? Did you recently do a game code update?

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

Perhaps a change in settings? Did you recently do a game code update?

Nope. Bought it NIB a few months ago. Came with the latest code

#4 1 year ago

I even went through the settings to see if there was somehow a “disable multiplier “

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

I even went through the settings to see if there was somehow a “disable multiplier “

Recent change or never worked?

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:Recent change or never worked?

It worked for the first three months. Brand new issue

#7 1 year ago

Guess next question, when testing, are you only doing the menu tests? Have you tried manually triggering each sensor with the glass off with normal game running?

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Guess next question, when testing, are you only doing the menu tests? Have you tried manually triggering each sensor with the glass off with normal game running?

Yes tried that too. Even hit it with the ball from the flipper just to be sure

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Yes tried that too. Even hit it with the ball from the flipper just to be sure

I've been guilty of testing those kinds of targets by hand but in game doesnt work...because ball hits it such a weird velocity where it doesnt hit the switch properly.

oh man, thats a tough one. Would be weird that a code glitches without doing updates, but would be something else to scratch off if you havent already. Install a raw image of it.

I'll take a look at my game tomorrow and see if I can provide more data points

#10 1 year ago

Does your stand-up Target read open or closed during switch test? I know you said it's working in the menu but I've seen switches that are stuck closed and reading closed but when you hit them they kind of open and close briefly due to a weird adjustment or because they're leaning constant from ball hits, if so maybe the game shut that switch off? Just a thought.

#11 1 year ago

yeah, was able to trigger the multiplier easily with glass off. Pressed target with one hand, then triggered ramp opto with other, over and over no issue. Only two you need. Switch test same thing. "Top target" and "top L ramp opto"....wisefwumyogwave might be on to something on the state of the switch

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Does your stand-up Target read open or closed during switch test? I know you said it's working in the menu but I've seen switches that are stuck closed and reading closed but when you hit them they kind of open and close briefly due to a weird adjustment or because they're leaning constant from ball hits, if so maybe the game shut that switch off? Just a thought.

Ok thanks I’ll try that today

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-playfield-multiplier-not-registering-?hl=sleal16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.