Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A470B405-1B87-4E00-BF66-F9A6DCD20872 (resized).jpeg
35238F7B-F62D-4773-9EA5-B0C810DFA62F (resized).jpeg
85361DA7-901E-46A4-844F-BF61590CFF20 (resized).jpeg
hackers (resized).jpg
121030-linus-van-pelt (resized).jpg
Tobias (resized).png
(3) Pinball Heaven Ltd - Home - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Sercel, _2018-07-19_09-23-57 (resized).png
033858C1-E001-408C-8A70-382D619052C5 (resized).png
E1DA7484-DC75-4047-9B33-46DB13AA500B (resized).jpeg
2018-05-25 12_13_36-6db55524b55f07c09195eba6c18926d61fcdcee1 - Windows Photo Viewer (resized).png
2018-05-25 12_12_41-6db55524b55f07c09195eba6c18926d61fcdcee1 - Windows Photo Viewer (resized).png
Deadpool (resized).jpg
07C8108A-833B-440A-870D-DAD3F4E362A2.jpeg
29573009_1047331928753640_4499449784692140234_n (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 6 years ago

Deadpool has to be done very carefully and very well for it to be a good game. Almost all of the game will hinge on the humor and comic references.

3 weeks later
#72 6 years ago

The movie is a great movie, but only has a very small part of all of the Deadpool jokes they can pull from the comics.

I think it's way better if it's based on the comics. They can include things like chimichangas, his bromance with Spider-Man, 4th wall breaks, etc...

#78 6 years ago

https://imgur.com/gallery/h5uik

Good Deadpool comic where he kills everyone.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I havent seen the movie yet, i think prior to this movie or the MCU no one but comic book people even knew who Black Panther was. Can you watch the movie as a stand alone or do you need to have an idea about the other 437 Marvel movies leading up to it to understand the films context?
Just doesnt seem to be a broad appeal of some of the more major super hero characters. I guess im just tired of the super hero / band pinball rut but I guess that is what the people want.

You don't need to know anything about Black Panther to like this movie, but if you are a MCU fan, this is the last movie before Infinity War.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Comic edition with great artwork is the best choice imo. Movie version with RR, no thanks.

Don't get me wrong, the movie version is great and Ryan Reynolds is as perfect of a deadpool as we are going to get. One of the reasons we got a Deadpool movie was because Ryan Reynolds fought for it after the disastrous showing of deadpool in the Wolverine movie.

But the movie is 2 hours of content to pull from, not nearly enough to really break loose with deadpool.

Comic deadpool gives room for a lot of cartoon-ish violence and free reign with the speech. I think that will fit perfectly with the LCD.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Seems the COMIC rumors are picking up steam and now the more I think about it the more sad I am. I will be interested but my interest level is already fading each time just a little bit when I think about what could have been with Ryan Reynolds callouts. I think it ends up like X-men if COMIC based. Sure some will like/love it and it might have a couple cool features, but it will probably never be unanimously great and coveted by the community and non-nerd masses. All conjecture and musing of course but just saying it’s a bummer with each passing day that the COMIC based gains steam. Will be more of an uphill battle thematically. Guess we have another 4-7 mos to wonder...

I really want deadpool to do a lot of 4th wall breaks and insult/ talk to the player.

#126 6 years ago

You can't really do great lifelike violence and do Deadpool justice. Comic art lends itself to great Deadpool violence.

I definitely prefer movie version Iron Man and Avengers for the pins.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#138 6 years ago

Totally agree about having RR do the voice of a comic based game. That would be the best of both worlds.

Would be even better if some of the callouts made jokes about it being comic based with his voice.

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the problem is. Is that Stern will just pass the game off to whoever. Instead of someone that really loves the theme. When you have someone that really loves a theme, they put their heart and soul into creating the game. Same goes for movies. that's why LOTR is such an awesome movie and the director cared about how the movie was presented. Same goes for the rules for TSPP and LOTR pinball machines. Keith really loved the theme on both games and put extra time and effort in to make it fantastic. If deadpool is a theme stern has acquired, it will probably suck, unless they give it to a designer and programmer who really loves deadpool.

They could probably get what they need out of a well done focus group of pinball people that are also Deadpool fans. But I imagine with a license that may be frustrating to hear a bunch of great ideas then have your hands tied by license restrictions.

#142 6 years ago

Done

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 week later
#157 6 years ago

If someone has pics I'd love to see them.

3 months later
#269 5 years ago

I hope they take their time and bake it a little.

4 weeks later
#288 5 years ago

I'm super excited for Deadpool but really enjoying Guardians right now. It wouldn't bother me if Deadpool baked in the oven for a while longer.

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Would it? The movies are killing it, but I don't know how popular the character himself is. Not being hardcore into Comic Books myself I never heard of the guy. It's not like a huge icon like SM that you can just change form movie to comic and be ok.
True though perhaps your average 40+ pin buyer is more familiar than I.

I think that comic based art for Deadpool is preferable, but not because of the comic stories or any specific thing about the comic character. I think being drawn art will lend itself more to the character's violence and humor. Being limited to things from the movies would reduce what you can do with Deadpool, in my opinion. Not saying one based on movie assets would be bad...

3 weeks later
#434 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I don’t care who is right nor wrong, I’m just thrilled about DP regardless of whether it has a bobblehead, horrible ball blocking hulk arms, etc etc... ship me my LE!

I'm pretty excited too! Deadpool is one of my favorite comic characters.

I'm going to wait and see how the code shakes out like I did with GotG first though. I need time to save up the cash anyway.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pinball-speculation?tu=wolfmarsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.