Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A470B405-1B87-4E00-BF66-F9A6DCD20872 (resized).jpeg
35238F7B-F62D-4773-9EA5-B0C810DFA62F (resized).jpeg
85361DA7-901E-46A4-844F-BF61590CFF20 (resized).jpeg
hackers (resized).jpg
121030-linus-van-pelt (resized).jpg
Tobias (resized).png
(3) Pinball Heaven Ltd - Home - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Sercel, _2018-07-19_09-23-57 (resized).png
033858C1-E001-408C-8A70-382D619052C5 (resized).png
E1DA7484-DC75-4047-9B33-46DB13AA500B (resized).jpeg
2018-05-25 12_13_36-6db55524b55f07c09195eba6c18926d61fcdcee1 - Windows Photo Viewer (resized).png
2018-05-25 12_12_41-6db55524b55f07c09195eba6c18926d61fcdcee1 - Windows Photo Viewer (resized).png
Deadpool (resized).jpg
07C8108A-833B-440A-870D-DAD3F4E362A2.jpeg
29573009_1047331928753640_4499449784692140234_n (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

So, we’ve been hearing since this time last year that Stern has the license for Deadpool and will release Deadpool in 2018 after the second movie hits theaters this summer.

Do we have any other news or rumors on this future title? Who is the artist working on it? Designer? Will it be another re-hashed or original Stern layout? Who will be doing the code? Is it based on the movies or comics? Will Ryan Reynolds do callouts? Will we get the “maximum effort” callout when we double danger the tilt?

Do we know or have we heard any solid rumors?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Unfortunately I don’t think it’s going to happen

Did Stern not have the license after all? I thought that was basically confirmed they had secured it.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Stern will tell you everytime you ask if a game is coming that it's not, so don't bother ever asking.
I guess we'll all see what new game is released at TPF in March.

Is it official they will announce a game at TPF? Gosh, I need to keep up with the news better.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I heard next game will be in April which would mean no new game at tpf. That was from a distro but things certainly can change quickly.

If it is shipping in April then TPF would be a perfect time to reveal the new title’s theme. I think Deadpool, if it is coming, will be a late summer / fall release.

Hopefully, the second movie is as good as the first one and keeps excitement for the title (regardless of whether it is movie or comic based) high.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

If Keith is working on it, I hope he can fill the designing shoes of Trudeau and put out something that is more original and not just a copied fan layout with recycled ruleset. Good or bad, you could always count on JT's games being unique and that was refreshing.

Gosh, I agree. My big fear for Deadpool is it comes out with a layout I already have in my collection (the good news is that would let me wait for the code to mature).

I'm hoping Stern is learning something from TNA and comes out with something totally new for Deadpool.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Keith is on Deadpool and Borg was tapped to finish Iron Maiden

Good. Any idea who is doing the artwork?

3 weeks later
#50 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

New Teaser Trailer

Thanks for posting that. I had not seen it.

Quoted from John_I:

Deadpool and the SR original theme are the two games from any of the manufactures that have me counting my liquid cash assets the most.

Hands down. I've been avoiding new Sterns...but Deadpool is likely too tempting a theme for me to miss on...I just hope it has a somewhat unique layout.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Yes. Get all your bitching out of the way now. Stern deadpool is 100% comic based and nothing to do with RR.
There are 3 things on the playfield that have NEVER been done before.

They could theoretically still hire R.R. to do the voice work for Deadpool even if comic based. That would be awesome actually. Anyone know if R.R. is a Pinball fan?

1 week later
#133 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Super quiet here... I’m excited about comic DP and super duper excited about RR movie DP. Oh well, I’ll move on and accept comic.... not the end of the world but will limit market. So anyways. Someone share something cool about comic DP pls!

I’m not giving up on them getting RR in for voice work, even if it is comic based. Stern has to know that would be a major draw. They got Nemoy in to do spok and Adam West for Batman...why not RR for Deadpool? Maybe RR would enjoy having a Deadpool pinball machine and being involved.

How much does a half day of voice work for a big actor cost? Nemoy did his voice work over the phone...not in a studio.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

As much work as Reynolds put in to make the movie a reality and the amount of extra work he does as Deadpool, I could see him easily doing this for peanuts.

I couldn’t agree more. Hopefully Stern at least makes a run at him and finds out. They could go to wherever he is to do the recordings to make it less disruptive to his schedule.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I’m happy to see some reach out to RR on twitter to hopefully catch his attention.
Him on the voicework would be epic. Fingers crossed he acknowledges.

Me also. I wish I had a twitter account. Hopefully he follows his Twitter. Can more people make Twitter posts to him?

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

There's nothing wrong with the deadpool actor in the X-Men pin. Won't they just reuse this actor again?

While I agree there was nothing wrong with him, he's not RR. If they are going comic based, the fans of the movie will still flock to the game if RR is voicing Deadpool.

1 week later
#156 6 years ago

Saw some photos of some art and the possible layout. Looks very unique, absolutely not a recycled layout. Now, all we need is good code and RR doing the call outs.

2 weeks later
#189 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Actually, during the Franchi seminar at TPF, he mentioned Zombie Yeti did the artwork for Deadpool

Good to hear. I missed that seminar. Do we know who the designer is? Borg said he was not working on Deadpool (he did not confirm Deadpool was being worked on by anyone, but said it was not him).

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from Metaluna5:

Yeah, it was ME talking!!!

You need an avatar photo so you don’t sneak up on people.

#205 6 years ago

Well, Iron Maiden is officially announced. We know Borg is not doing Deadpool but has a game coming in September.

So...do we have five months before the next new title is announced from Stern with Deadpool coming after that or will Deadpool be released somewhere in the middle (like June)? Perhaps Borg’s game gets pushed back to later in the fall and Deadpool comes out in July/August.

When did GOTG start shipping?

3 months later
#312 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern can take the money the saved by not licencing the movie IP from Fox, and spend it on Reynolds.

I'm sure he'd be down for it, as much as playing the character is a passion project of his.

He may not be contractually allowed to voice the character for a comic based promotion. Competing IP owners and what not...they may have a no compete clause of some kind or an exclusive personality agreement with RR that would legally stop him from doing the voice work even if Stern was willing to pay him reasonable money and even if he was willing to do it.

We will never know. I'm fairly certain (though I have no inside source...just an educated guess) he's not doing the voice work.

#337 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Anything is possible but to expect or anticipate it to be an uninspired filler is a disservice to everyone in the hobby. I expect it to surprise some of you and sell a fair amount of Pro’s just like AS did. No reason for negative energy.

It’s primarily being a Gomez game that has some bummed out. If it were any other designer currently on the Stern team there would be some greater measure of excitement right now for the pending release.

The last Gomez game I can remember big buzz and excitement for was Transformers. He made a lot of promises about that title (transforming toy, etc) that left some disappointed. Avengers had some pop to it too given the license but those two releases kind of hurt Gomez’s rep in the eyes of some (notwithstanding past smash hits like LOTR, RFM, and MB). BM66 is great now but it’s slow start code wise and reuse of prior toys and ideas didn’t help our homey Gomey either...the feeling appears to be he doesn’t have any original ideas left for game design or other intangibles or if he does he’s not using them on his own games.

We will see when this comes out. I’m cautiously optimistic about Deadpool. I feel Gomez might deliver a surprise to us here.

#357 5 years ago

Not a flop. It was a slow starter due to code but has recovered nicely, much like BM66.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pinball-speculation?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.