Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A470B405-1B87-4E00-BF66-F9A6DCD20872 (resized).jpeg
35238F7B-F62D-4773-9EA5-B0C810DFA62F (resized).jpeg
85361DA7-901E-46A4-844F-BF61590CFF20 (resized).jpeg
hackers (resized).jpg
121030-linus-van-pelt (resized).jpg
Tobias (resized).png
(3) Pinball Heaven Ltd - Home - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Sercel, _2018-07-19_09-23-57 (resized).png
033858C1-E001-408C-8A70-382D619052C5 (resized).png
E1DA7484-DC75-4047-9B33-46DB13AA500B (resized).jpeg
2018-05-25 12_13_36-6db55524b55f07c09195eba6c18926d61fcdcee1 - Windows Photo Viewer (resized).png
2018-05-25 12_12_41-6db55524b55f07c09195eba6c18926d61fcdcee1 - Windows Photo Viewer (resized).png
Deadpool (resized).jpg
07C8108A-833B-440A-870D-DAD3F4E362A2.jpeg
29573009_1047331928753640_4499449784692140234_n (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well, Iron Maiden is officially announced. We know Borg is not doing Deadpool but has a game coming in September.
So...do we have five months before the next new title is announced from Stern with Deadpool coming after that or will Deadpool be released somewhere in the middle (like June)? Perhaps Borg’s game gets pushed back to later in the fall and Deadpool comes out in July/August.
When did GOTG start shipping?

IIRC, GOTG was announced on October 30th, 2017.

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

What is Borg doing that would be released this year? Elvira?

Dennis Nordman did Elvira 3 quite some time ago.

Gomez said at TPF that Elvira was in the bag, but they haven't assigned anyone to program it yet. Gomez confirmed it would be made. Sounds like a 2019 release.

1 week later
#214 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

If Iron Maiden sells huge delays in the following titles are a possibility. They likely won’t launch a new game when the line is super busy with backorders.

Agreed. I'm still struggling to see how they will do 3 cornerstone games this year, with Maiden not even announced until the very end of March.

In the last few years, whenever they've had 3 cornerstone titles, they first game has always been announced in Jan/Feb.

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Well for a lot of that time they were also busy with quality control from the ghosting stuff and still did 3 cornerstones, right? Spike2 is firmly in place and humming, sure a node board or two has failed here and there but they’re a well-oiled machine and I have confidence 3 will come in ‘18. They’ve also expanded teams: Zach, Keith, more support programmers.

I'm going back till 2012 with this example...long before ghosting.

There's a pattern. Early cornerstone release means #2 in the summer, and #3 at the end of the year.

A Spring release means #2 is in the fall and no #3.

2012 AC/DC, X-Men, Avengers
2013 Metallica and Star Trek
2014 Mustang and Walking Dead
2015 WWE, KISS, GOT
2016 Ghostbusters, Batman '66
2017 Areosmith, Star Wars, GOTG

Not saying they won't, just saying there has been a pattern last few years.

3 weeks later
#222 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

As a Deadpool fan, the only designer I’d want in charge of this game (other than KM(F!)E,) is the man with the most excellent pin-plans, Brian Eddy.

Eddy's first game for Stern won't be till 2019.

3 weeks later
#253 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

THX for the picture, now we know its a George Gomez design. It just can be great. (Its my favorite designer)
Did someone notice those two ramps used in this whitewood are exactly the same as the right ramp used in BM66

Actually, rumor has it that this was Trudeau's original design, not Gomez's redo.

2 weeks later
#263 5 years ago

Stern hasn't ever released 3 cornerstone titles in the same year when the first one debuted as late as Iron Maiden did.

However, Stern has insisted they are making 3 cornerstone titles this year. So I'd say the next game has to be a late summer release. Look for it in the August time frame.

#270 5 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Maybe Stern want to flex their pinball muscle this year. New hires and other companies collapsing. Great time to release three cornerstone titles with robust code and steamroll through the competition.

They've done 3 cornerstones in a year before; 2012, 2015, 2017.

In those years, they got their first game out the door very early. That's what's would be different this year if they do manage to pump out 3.

4 weeks later
#278 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

It is still darn quiet on this title ...

Stern will be at ComicCon next week. As good a place as any to announce a comic themed table.

#281 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

We all know that logic doesn't seem to exist at Stern.

That's why it may actually happen this time.

But who knows? Seems like an August/September title, seeing how late in the year Iron Maiden was announced.

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think that comic based art for Deadpool is preferable, but not because of the comic stories or any specific thing about the comic character. I think being drawn art will lend itself more to the character's violence and humor. Being limited to things from the movies would reduce what you can do with Deadpool, in my opinion. Not saying one based on movie assets would be bad...

Agreed. Best of both worlds would be a comic book themed game, with Ryan Reynolds doing that call outs.

Low hype might actually help this game. If no one is building it up too high, it might just come along and surprise everyone.

#311 5 years ago

Stern can take the money they saved by not licencing the movie IP from Fox, and spend it on Reynolds.

I'm sure he'd be down for it, as much as playing the character is a passion project of his.

#314 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

He may not be contractually allowed to voice the character for a comic based promotion. Competing IP owners and what not...they may have a no compete clause of some kind or an exclusive personality agreement with RR that would legally stop him from doing the voice work even if Stern was willing to pay him reasonable money and even if he was willing to do it.
We will never know. I'm fairly certain (though I have no inside source...just an educated guess) he's not doing the voice work.

I thought about that too, but Reynolds is one of the producers (note: not executive producer, which is meaningless) of the movies. He basically got the movies made through his own will and has been it's driving force creatively. I'm sure he had a lot of input into whatever his contracts stipulates. He certainly wasn't just an actor for hire.

You're probably right that it won't be him, but I don't think it's completely out of the realm of possibility.

#318 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It might end up being a great pin.
I’m predicting GOTG like sales? May be a great pin but a dud on sales?

Your "dud" of a pin has had it sales tick up very nicely since the code came around lately.

#350 5 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

For me this is a dud theme. Enough of rhe super heros. GOTG is a flop and I can't see a DP pin being any different. .

GOTG is no flop.

1 week later
#384 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Look at the history of Stern press releases. Almost always follows Labor day.
There's also a saying in business, "you don't launch new product in August". No one is paying attention.

If Stern is truly going to have 3 cornerstone titles this year, then the clock is ticking. There are only 5 months left in the year.

So an August reveal might just happen after all.

#399 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Even if they get this going in Aug, getting another cornerstone squeezed in before the end of the year will be extremely tight.

Agreed.

#400 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

When was GOTG announced?

Halloween.

#413 5 years ago

Can I call it, or what?

$20, Frolic!

#421 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I can see Beatles being announced at Expo with Deadpool in August. Just seems to make a little more sense with the timing of Stern releases, Aug/Oct seems too close for deadpool/munsters but what do I know.
Wasn't BM66 a fall announcement?

Yes, but the only other cornerstone title that year was Ghostbusters, and it was announced in March.

#431 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Oh man. They’re launching a product in August!
They probably announced early just to make me eat crow

They're just taking you down a notch.

you're usually dead right most of the time.

#453 5 years ago

Lyman is doing Elvira 3.

#456 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

That man is a machine.

Lyman is a machine. While he's cranking out Batman '66 code on the clock, he's churning out AC/DC and Walking Dead updates after hours.

#459 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

A machine that takes 2 years to code a game after it is released. I love Lyman, just be ready for how incredibly long it takes. Batman still isn't done.

Good things come to those who wait.

#464 5 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I suspect that Lyman took most of a year off from BM66 to code IMDN, back in the dark Summer of 2017 for Batman buyers. I have no inside knowledge of course, but that may be one of the reasons BM66 has been delayed. That, and the fact that BM66 is a labor of love for him and heading for destiny as one of the greatest coded games in history. Ah Haha!

Uh......no. Lyman didn't work on IMDN.

#491 5 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

the van, other figures vs plastic art, disco ball and maybe a few diverters near the bumpers

you forgot the big one...the actuated up/down ramp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 25.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pinball-speculation?tu=sinestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.