Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A470B405-1B87-4E00-BF66-F9A6DCD20872 (resized).jpeg
35238F7B-F62D-4773-9EA5-B0C810DFA62F (resized).jpeg
85361DA7-901E-46A4-844F-BF61590CFF20 (resized).jpeg
hackers (resized).jpg
121030-linus-van-pelt (resized).jpg
Tobias (resized).png
(3) Pinball Heaven Ltd - Home - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Sercel, _2018-07-19_09-23-57 (resized).png
033858C1-E001-408C-8A70-382D619052C5 (resized).png
E1DA7484-DC75-4047-9B33-46DB13AA500B (resized).jpeg
2018-05-25 12_13_36-6db55524b55f07c09195eba6c18926d61fcdcee1 - Windows Photo Viewer (resized).png
2018-05-25 12_12_41-6db55524b55f07c09195eba6c18926d61fcdcee1 - Windows Photo Viewer (resized).png
Deadpool (resized).jpg
07C8108A-833B-440A-870D-DAD3F4E362A2.jpeg
29573009_1047331928753640_4499449784692140234_n (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (1) (resized).jpg
There are 495 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
#351 5 years ago

I hope Deadpool is good because if the next two really are Munsters and Beatles

#352 5 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

Without question, Ryan Reynolds would've heard about it and done something.

#353 5 years ago

The "filler" game is Star Trek Vault.

#354 5 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Seriously - theme fail on those two. Zero chance I buy either of those...

#355 5 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

I've been crossing my fingers that Stern doesn't choose either of those themes. When I was a kid Munesters was only on TV land and the Beatles played on the oldies station... SoI have zero interest in either.

#356 5 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

For me this is a dud theme. Enough of rhe super heros. GOTG is a flop and I can't see a DP pin being any different. I have no issue with licensed themes but the whole music and super hero thing is getting a bit tired. Just can't understand how Stern doesn't realise that a non licensed theme could really work for them atm. Imagine the buzz if they announced a theme like Fathom or Theatre of Magic etc etc..I'm sure people would be all over it.

You've summed up how I feel about superheroes in general. Loved them as a kid, but Hollywood and the mainstream has totally milked them dry, same with Star Wars. Maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy...

#357 5 years ago

Not a flop. It was a slow starter due to code but has recovered nicely, much like BM66.

#358 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

You've summed up how I feel about superheroes in general. Loved them as a kid, but Hollywood and the mainstream has totally milked them dry, same with Star Wars. Maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy...

Star Wars is clearly milking nostalgia imo.

DC hasn't put together a good movie since The Dark Knight trilogy save for Wonder Woman.

Marvel has done a great job for the most part of story telling combined with interconnected plot. Agreed it's getting a little long in the tooth, but they are almost always entertaining and make sense.

I was thrilled with Guardians because I just couldn't sit through another Spiderman/Superman origin story. New heroes (or antiheroes) welcomed!

Munsters, nah.
Beatles - watered down milk I think.

#359 5 years ago

Deadpool...Deadpool...Deadpool.

#360 5 years ago

Need a theme that offends people.

#361 5 years ago

Well, maybe with the official announcement of Monster Bash Remake Stern will let Deadpool be known to secure sales?

#362 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I am with you, but in todays society were not allowed to do that anymore.

#363 5 years ago

Have you not read o-dins posts for the last 6 years?

#364 5 years ago

People are offended about everything these days so it shouldn't be too hard to find a offensive theme i wouldn't think?

#365 5 years ago

Based partly on the other strongly rumored pin themes coming up and how they don’t play well with me nor at my loc, I’ve decided to go full price frivolous LE right out the gate! I’ve really enjoyed everything since BM66 (excluding AS...) so I’m not worried. Hey at least I’ll get pretty red/black armor.

#366 5 years ago

I just hope the Stern DP isn't as annoying as the FX2 DP.

#367 5 years ago

Too damn quiet. Certainly the reveal happens in Aug. We are finally in Aug. I’m drooling.

#368 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Too damn quiet. Certainly the reveal happens in Aug. We are finally in Aug. I’m drooling.

Not to be a dick, but its quiet because the theme and who’s designing the game just doesn’t excite many people. I hope that im wrong for the Deadpool fans sake, but i just have a bad feeling about this game and i highly doubt that we are going to see anything special. I thought the same thing about AS though and i was wrong, it turned out to be a good game. I like George Gomez as a person but im just not a fan of his games.

#369 5 years ago

I would tend to think we see it in August. I guess.

I'm sure the game will be fine....

#370 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

I just hope the Stern DP isn't as annoying as the FX2 DP.

They do make some interesting layouts on the digital pinball platforms. But yeah he talks a little too much.

#371 5 years ago

Look at the history of Stern press releases. Almost always follows Labor day.

There's also a saying in business, "you don't launch new product in August". No one is paying attention.

#372 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not to be a dick, but its quiet because the theme and who’s designing the game just doesn’t excite many people.

No to be a cunt but maybe everone is just done moaning about something we have no no info about.

Whole Deadpool "what will be the next game" thing lost a bit of momentum when it was kinda confirmed with the playfield photo (to wich everything has been said long ago), that's all imho. So only bad thing is we lost a "surprise" (but may still get a new one if the game has come a way...).

#373 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm super excited for Deadpool but really enjoying Guardians right now. It wouldn't bother me if Deadpool baked in the oven for a while longer.

I couldn't wait for the new games. Waiting for Diablo 2 for instance.

But I realized, they should take thier time and get it right. I learned to enjoy what I have, and let them continue working.

I hate waiting.

#374 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

No to be a cunt but maybe everone is just done moaning about something we have no no info about.
Whole Deadpool "what will be the next game" thing lost a bit of momentum when it was kinda confirmed with the playfield photo (to wich everything has been said long ago), that's all imho. So only bad thing is we lost a "surprise" (but may still get a new one if the game has come a way...).

I dont think peope are moaning or excited either one truthfully. There are under 400 posts here in a 6 month old thead, thats like nothing. I think two things happened here. #1, Iron Maiden has just blown everybody away and continues to do so, so i think most people’s dollars will still go there, #2 i just dont think people are excited about a Gomez design. I hope this game is a big hit so dont think im dogging it. I want all Stern games to be great.

#377 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

#2 i just dont think people are excited about a Gomez design.

Gomez love is just split between here and the Monster Bash Remake thread, and there's a lot of it.

#378 5 years ago

I sense some moderator warnings about to be handed out

#380 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Gomez love is just split between here and the Monster Bash Remake thread, and there's a lot of it.

I do love me some MB for sure. Hes made some other good games also, LOTR, JM, Sopranos etc. i hope its good, i really do. I dont know why there isnt more DP hype really but for some reason it just doesnt seem to be there. Maybe once it reveals people will be more excited about it. Im looking forward to seeing it.

#381 5 years ago

Deadflip just tweeted about "something special" coming on the 15th. Reveal time!?

#382 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I sense some moderator warnings about to be handed out

No kidding, I don't know why some idiots feel COMPELLED to spout their political opinions, either way.

#383 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

No kidding, I don't know why some idiots feel COMPELLED to spout their political opinions, either way.

121030-linus-van-pelt (resized).jpg121030-linus-van-pelt (resized).jpg
#384 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Look at the history of Stern press releases. Almost always follows Labor day.
There's also a saying in business, "you don't launch new product in August". No one is paying attention.

If Stern is truly going to have 3 cornerstone titles this year, then the clock is ticking. There are only 5 months left in the year.

So an August reveal might just happen after all.

#385 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

If Stern is truly going to have 3 cornerstone titles this year, then the clock is ticking. There are only 5 months left in the year.
So an August reveal might just happen after all.

Even if they get this going in Aug, getting another cornerstone squeezed in before the end of the year will be extremely tight.

#386 5 years ago

Chicago expo in October has been reveal for a new game for many years. Dead pool in aug and Munsters in October/expo would work! Make it so stern!

Quoted from PinMonk:

Even if they get this going in Aug, getting another cornerstone squeezed in before the end of the year will be extremely tight.

#387 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Chicago expo in October has been reveal for a new game for many years. Dead pool in aug and Munsters in October/expo would work! Make it so stern!

Edit: never mind altogether

#388 5 years ago

Beatles is the Kapow game.

#389 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I could see that. I have zero interest in The Beatles but I'm certain it will be a cash cow.

#390 5 years ago

I think that there is only one more game before and at Expo. If Deadpool in August then Munsters is pushed into 2019. Maybe they show the Beatles pin but sales for that is in Jan. I can’t see them releasing two more games in the next 3 months. I think that this is a case of Iron Maiden’s success and possibly other pins, looking at you BM66, will delay Stern new game rollout.

#391 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Early 2019 was the last I saw of it mentioned in another thread.

#392 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When was GOTG announced? Wasn’t that right at the end of the year to get them out for Xmas? Wasn’t that the whole reason some games shipped with no code and had to have SD cards sent out?

Might have my titles/releases mixed up but just remember in the back of my head a title released right at the end of a previous year.

#393 5 years ago

I think everything is delayed as Iron Maiden sales are extremely strong and why bring a new title if you have a hit. Let the next game bake a little longer and come out with a game with complete code to be another hit. I am excited for the next title, but more excited that Stern is doing well and pinball is healthy with new companies making pins as well. It is all good for a hobby I have seen go through some hard times since I bought my first game in 1982.

#394 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Just seems too tight. That close together, they'll have serious line problems unless they're expecting one or the other not to sell enough to affect the line of the other.

#395 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

When was GOTG announced? Wasn’t that right at the end of the year to get them out for Xmas? Wasn’t that the whole reason some games shipped with no code and had to have SD cards sent out?
Might have my titles/releases mixed up but just remember in the back of my head a title released right at the end of a previous year.

I don't think anyone is pining for Stern to shove Munsters out the door with terrible code just to make this year. They've done that with Batman'66 (the most egregious example), Star Wars, and GotG and it didn't earn them any points with the buyers.

#396 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think anyone is pining for Stern to shove Munsters out the door with terrible code just to make this year. They've done that with Batman'66 (the most egregious example), Star Wars, and GotG and it didn't earn them any points with the buyers.

Star Wars was largely code complete at launch. LSD was added after, but that was the only core item missing. GOTG was a shitshow I agree at launch.

#397 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Star Wars was largely code complete at launch. LSD was added after, but that was the only core item missing. GOTG was a shitshow I agree at launch.

While I will give Dwight credit that he worked hard to get it up to snuff post-release, 0.83 is hardly code complete. Some inserts didn't even do anything at launch - that's not really close to code complete. It took almost half a year to get to "largely code complete". Of the 3 Batman'66 was the worst, GotG was second-worst, and Star Wars wasn't as bad as the first two, but still inexcusable at launch.

#398 5 years ago

Deadpool....deadpool.....deadpool...

#399 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Agreed.

#400 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

When was GOTG announced?

Halloween.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 495 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pinball-speculation/page/8?hl=speederice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.