Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A470B405-1B87-4E00-BF66-F9A6DCD20872 (resized).jpeg
35238F7B-F62D-4773-9EA5-B0C810DFA62F (resized).jpeg
85361DA7-901E-46A4-844F-BF61590CFF20 (resized).jpeg
hackers (resized).jpg
121030-linus-van-pelt (resized).jpg
Tobias (resized).png
(3) Pinball Heaven Ltd - Home - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Sercel, _2018-07-19_09-23-57 (resized).png
033858C1-E001-408C-8A70-382D619052C5 (resized).png
E1DA7484-DC75-4047-9B33-46DB13AA500B (resized).jpeg
2018-05-25 12_13_36-6db55524b55f07c09195eba6c18926d61fcdcee1 - Windows Photo Viewer (resized).png
2018-05-25 12_12_41-6db55524b55f07c09195eba6c18926d61fcdcee1 - Windows Photo Viewer (resized).png
Deadpool (resized).jpg
07C8108A-833B-440A-870D-DAD3F4E362A2.jpeg
29573009_1047331928753640_4499449784692140234_n (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (1) (resized).jpg
There are 495 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.
#301 5 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

I was told that they will be ready to ship in a month, so I'd imagine after comic con.

Do you think a Comicon announcement of Deadpool is going to happen?

#302 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Do you think a Comicon announcement of Deadpool is going to happen?

Yes, Pinball Heaven facebook post says this weekend.

#303 5 years ago

Stern liked Dead_Flip’s post. So it might confirms something...

033858C1-E001-408C-8A70-382D619052C5 (resized).png033858C1-E001-408C-8A70-382D619052C5 (resized).pngE1DA7484-DC75-4047-9B33-46DB13AA500B (resized).jpegE1DA7484-DC75-4047-9B33-46DB13AA500B (resized).jpeg
#304 5 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

No better time to announce this game than at no other than a Comicon event.

#305 5 years ago

I am ready for this. Let's gooooooo.

(3) Pinball Heaven Ltd - Home - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Sercel, _2018-07-19_09-23-57 (resized).png(3) Pinball Heaven Ltd - Home - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Sercel, _2018-07-19_09-23-57 (resized).png

#306 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I loved the last Deadpool movie, it was great.
The pinball machine is going to be a big dud imho.
Too many others on the horizon.

You think Deadpool will suck because there are other pins on the horizon?

#307 5 years ago

Awesome, cant wait to see it!

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The pinball machine is going to be a big dud imho.

If it's based on the comic (which the leaked pictures seem to indicate), I think the artwork will be incredible, the "dots" will be cool with some wicked animations, but I think everyone and their mom is going to complain to high hell if the voice work isn't done by Ryan Reynolds. That alone could sink that ship and turn it into a potential "dud." Then again, if it does happen, maybe Cleland can save the day again...

#309 5 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

If it's based on the comic (which the leaked pictures seem to indicate), I think the artwork will be incredible, the "dots" will be cool with some wicked animations, but I think everyone and their mom is going to complain to high hell if the voice work isn't done by Ryan Reynolds. That alone could sink that ship and turn it into a potential "dud." Then again, if it does happen, maybe Cleland can save the day again...

Reynolds would be fantastic, but unrealistic. Hope I'm wrong.

That said, the guy who voiced Deadpool in the X-Men pin was just fine in my book. Assuming they can't get Reynolds, I'd like to see (err...hear) him back. "You like me up here? All red and pixelated?" Good stuff.

#310 5 years ago

+1 I also hope they use the same voice actor from the xmen pin. He was witty and sounded like a wise ass Deadpool character.

Yep, zero percent chance Reynolds would be doing the voice samples.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

Reynolds would be fantastic, but unrealistic. Hope I'm wrong.
That said, the guy who voiced Deadpool in the X-Men pin was just fine in my book. Assuming they can't get Reynolds, I'd like to see (err...hear) him back. "You like me up here? All red and pixelated?" Good stuff.

#311 5 years ago

Stern can take the money they saved by not licencing the movie IP from Fox, and spend it on Reynolds.

I'm sure he'd be down for it, as much as playing the character is a passion project of his.

#312 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern can take the money the saved by not licencing the movie IP from Fox, and spend it on Reynolds.

I'm sure he'd be down for it, as much as playing the character is a passion project of his.

He may not be contractually allowed to voice the character for a comic based promotion. Competing IP owners and what not...they may have a no compete clause of some kind or an exclusive personality agreement with RR that would legally stop him from doing the voice work even if Stern was willing to pay him reasonable money and even if he was willing to do it.

We will never know. I'm fairly certain (though I have no inside source...just an educated guess) he's not doing the voice work.

#313 5 years ago

I would be shocked if they used him.

#314 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

He may not be contractually allowed to voice the character for a comic based promotion. Competing IP owners and what not...they may have a no compete clause of some kind or an exclusive personality agreement with RR that would legally stop him from doing the voice work even if Stern was willing to pay him reasonable money and even if he was willing to do it.
We will never know. I'm fairly certain (though I have no inside source...just an educated guess) he's not doing the voice work.

I thought about that too, but Reynolds is one of the producers (note: not executive producer, which is meaningless) of the movies. He basically got the movies made through his own will and has been it's driving force creatively. I'm sure he had a lot of input into whatever his contracts stipulates. He certainly wasn't just an actor for hire.

You're probably right that it won't be him, but I don't think it's completely out of the realm of possibility.

#315 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It might end up being a great pin.

I’m predicting GOTG like sales? May be a great pin but a dud on sales?

Like T-800 said, there will be a chorus of whine over no Ryan Reynolds and it will be up to Cleland

This is a pass for me. But then again, I wasn’t going to buy AS or IMDN either

I want Munsters and the Beatles so gotta reserve space and/or unload others

#316 5 years ago

Would want Reynolds, but am realistic it won't be, , , until someone (C) makes it so!

I just want a great playing pin, mostly coded out. I'll deal with the voices later.

#317 5 years ago

A Deadpool voice actor would be easy.....and if people actually bought those GoTG voice actors as legit, Deadpool could be voiced by Fran Dresher and still be better. LOL, jk.....

#318 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It might end up being a great pin.
I’m predicting GOTG like sales? May be a great pin but a dud on sales?

Your "dud" of a pin has had it sales tick up very nicely since the code came around lately.

#319 5 years ago

I smell a dud.

#320 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is a pass for me. But then again, I wasn’t going to buy AS or IMDN either

I want Munsters and the Beatles so gotta reserve space and/or unload others

Definitely to each their own, I almost fall asleep thinking about a Beatles and Munsters pinball while can't get enough of my Iron Maiden and even Aerosmith was a fun one.

All depends how they are when they are done to me, I will never count anything out, 2 years ago I said I would never buy an Iron Maiden and here I am with an LE and I love it!

#322 5 years ago

I can't wait for all the posts when this inevitably becomes "DP" for short.

"Had a great night with DP"
"Looking for a DP Pro"

Some good Tobias moments about to happen...

Tobias (resized).pngTobias (resized).png

#323 5 years ago

stern will blow their wad first with deadpool, then JJP will announce shipping dates for Potc, then CGC will do the same for their #3. That would be the best

#324 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Definitely to each their own, I almost fall asleep thinking about a Beatles and Munsters pinball while can't get enough of my Iron Maiden and even Aerosmith was a fun one.
All depends how they are when they are done to me, I will never count anything out, 2 years ago I said I would never buy an Iron Maiden and here I am with an LE and I love it!

You and me both loving IMDNLE!

Regardless, all these new pins for us to choose from are a great thing.

There is no right or wrong

#325 5 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

That will be awesome. We will have to keep a look out over the coming week end. We need to pass on some games to save up some more money. Usually our passes turn out to be the best ever pinball games. LOTR, TRON, ACDC, MET. BM66, IMDN were all passes for us when they came out! Beauty is Stern makes them for a few years now so there are plenty of options.

#326 5 years ago

Pinball Heaven's Facebook post about the Deadpool announcement has been removed. The link to purchase a game is still active.

#328 5 years ago

So,... Day 1 is over ain't it?

Seems like no Deadpool.

What is in the cloaked up corner in the room?
(As seen by 360° Pic on Sterns Facebook Site)

#329 5 years ago

Whoa! Marvel Entertainment shows a Video auf Sterns ComicCon Booth!!!

Deadpool look totally... absent.

#330 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I actually agree with you
I’d call it a “filler” title.

Maiden and Munsters will carry Stern in 2018.

#331 5 years ago

Is Munsters out for Expo? Before Beatles?

#332 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Yeah, Stern can't create epic games every release with the number of games they're putting out every year. THE Munsters is not a theme I had ever wished for, but I remember watching re-runs on tv and love horror style themes. Looking forward to seeing this game and wondering if it will be Stern's very own Addams Family?

Ok, back to Deadpool now...

#333 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Deadpool might be the filler but could turn out to be a good surprise. Agree about Maiden and Munsters for 2018.
Enjoying Iron Maiden and I am very anxious for Munsters.

#334 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Ok Grandpa. (Avatar )

#335 5 years ago

Munsters as a theme holds no interest for me whatsoever, I don't think I ever saw even one episode of the show. I hope they don't half ass Deadpool, but if they do, I guess my money just stays in the bank for a while longer.

#336 5 years ago

Anything is possible but to expect or anticipate it to be an uninspired filler is a disservice to everyone in the hobby. I expect it to surprise some of you and sell a fair amount of Pro’s just like AS did. No reason for negative energy.

#337 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Anything is possible but to expect or anticipate it to be an uninspired filler is a disservice to everyone in the hobby. I expect it to surprise some of you and sell a fair amount of Pro’s just like AS did. No reason for negative energy.

It’s primarily being a Gomez game that has some bummed out. If it were any other designer currently on the Stern team there would be some greater measure of excitement right now for the pending release.

The last Gomez game I can remember big buzz and excitement for was Transformers. He made a lot of promises about that title (transforming toy, etc) that left some disappointed. Avengers had some pop to it too given the license but those two releases kind of hurt Gomez’s rep in the eyes of some (notwithstanding past smash hits like LOTR, RFM, and MB). BM66 is great now but it’s slow start code wise and reuse of prior toys and ideas didn’t help our homey Gomey either...the feeling appears to be he doesn’t have any original ideas left for game design or other intangibles or if he does he’s not using them on his own games.

We will see when this comes out. I’m cautiously optimistic about Deadpool. I feel Gomez might deliver a surprise to us here.

#338 5 years ago

Anyone know what game Brian Eddy has?

Lonnie needs to finish AS and KISS with some passion, before I would think for a second about the Beatles.

#339 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Anyone know what game Brian Eddy has?
Lonnie needs to finish AS and KISS with some passion, before I would think for a second about the Beatles.

I respect Lonnie for his contributions to pinball over many years, but “passion” isn’t a word to describe his recent results. Copy / paste isn’t passion.

Hopefully some of the newly hired talent can help with the passion part.

#340 5 years ago

How do you miss an opportunity to release a comic book themed pinball to a rabid audience that has $$$??? Comic Con reveal is a common sense no brainer!!

#341 5 years ago

Must not have been ready. I'd have thought they could at least make an official confirm and reveal some of the art. An art teaser would have been good at Comic Con.

#342 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I'd have thought they could at least make...

Really? Are you actually shocked? Everyone already forgot they made us sit throw hours of video to see a crappy IMDN teaser?

#343 5 years ago

Not shocked whatsover. Did I say I was shocked ? No. Just thought it was a decent opportunity. They will do it when they do it.

#344 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I respect Lonnie for his contributions to pinball over many years, but “passion” isn’t a word to describe his recent results. Copy / paste isn’t passion

not evbd is Lyman... :/

Quoted from kermit24:

Hopefully some of the newly hired talent can help with the passion part.

let's hope...

#345 5 years ago

[just kidding ON]

in fact, i could imagine LR working on his office... sleeping quite all days, copying/pasting his initial & master old code, while just changing routines names (when he didnt forget one)... and in the same time GS not noticying that, just because he's not a player and didnt see all these codes are just the same pin after pin...

funny !?... well not so much in fact

[just kidding OFF]

#346 5 years ago

but, and this will be my conclusion on this subject, must admit i (really) enjoyed lot's of pins coded by LR

#347 5 years ago

For me this is a dud theme. Enough of rhe super heros. GOTG is a flop and I can't see a DP pin being any different. I have no issue with licensed themes but the whole music and super hero thing is getting a bit tired. Just can't understand how Stern doesn't realise that a non licensed theme could really work for them atm. Imagine the buzz if they announced a theme like Fathom or Theatre of Magic etc etc..I'm sure people would be all over it.

#348 5 years ago

This was a PERFECT opportunity for Stern to announce this pin at Comic Con and pull in new customers and pinball fans. Big bummer. They will probably announce later this week.

Without question, Ryan Reynolds would've heard about it and done something. Yes, this is not based on the movie but still, it was a missed opportunity.

My 2 cents.

Tim

#349 5 years ago

I'm not sure how anyone can allready claim that Deadpool is a "filler" title.

First Stern would not get a license to produce a "filler" but to cater to a certain audience (wich you may not just belong to preferring a b/w TV Show).

Second I can't get how everyone poops at George Gomez and at the same time desperately ewaiting for a Monster Bash Remake, maybe while hugging their Lord of the Rings. GG has a lot of Responsibilities at Stern and therefore may not be the most dedicated game designer, wich "may" apply with him fuilling in the place for John Trudeau, but I'm allways intrigued with what he will deliver and with maybe the exception of Avengers (wich I don't like but I knwo people that do) I allways liked his games.

For me Deadpool (and US-Superhero comic books in general, despite maybe Batman & Superman) are totally obsolete, since they're pretty much non existent here. But I'm looking forward to that game anyway BECAUSE I know Gomez makes good games/ I like them.

#350 5 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

For me this is a dud theme. Enough of rhe super heros. GOTG is a flop and I can't see a DP pin being any different. .

GOTG is no flop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
$ 64.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 495 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pinball-speculation/page/7?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.