Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A470B405-1B87-4E00-BF66-F9A6DCD20872 (resized).jpeg
35238F7B-F62D-4773-9EA5-B0C810DFA62F (resized).jpeg
85361DA7-901E-46A4-844F-BF61590CFF20 (resized).jpeg
hackers (resized).jpg
121030-linus-van-pelt (resized).jpg
Tobias (resized).png
(3) Pinball Heaven Ltd - Home - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Sercel, _2018-07-19_09-23-57 (resized).png
033858C1-E001-408C-8A70-382D619052C5 (resized).png
E1DA7484-DC75-4047-9B33-46DB13AA500B (resized).jpeg
2018-05-25 12_13_36-6db55524b55f07c09195eba6c18926d61fcdcee1 - Windows Photo Viewer (resized).png
2018-05-25 12_12_41-6db55524b55f07c09195eba6c18926d61fcdcee1 - Windows Photo Viewer (resized).png
Deadpool (resized).jpg
07C8108A-833B-440A-870D-DAD3F4E362A2.jpeg
29573009_1047331928753640_4499449784692140234_n (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (1) (resized).jpg

There are 495 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

How does that ramp in the shooter lane work? you can see a junction point for a lever to the left, so it appears the ramp drops and lifts, so perhaps a diverter directs a left loop to rightloop shot to this ramp to divert the ball down the sword ramp to the inlane?

That’s what I’m thinking. Which helps explain the clunky right orbit

#252 5 years ago

If real looks very fun to me, albeit right flipper dominant. Chimichanga truck?, bash toy of some kind potentially like an upgraded Hulk?, maybe physical locks?, horseshoe like SW, Gomez short ramp return, Gomez long orbit/ramp combo like Hawkeye- one of my fav alltime shots. Extremely satisfying to see ball travel all the way around table. I was hoping for left plunger, figured if any modern game was gonna do it...

I’m not upset about this at all, if real. Throw in awesome comedy regardless of who voices, great ZY art and it’s a winner in my book. If real.

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

THX for the picture, now we know its a George Gomez design. It just can be great. (Its my favorite designer)
Did someone notice those two ramps used in this whitewood are exactly the same as the right ramp used in BM66

Actually, rumor has it that this was Trudeau's original design, not Gomez's redo.

#254 5 years ago

I really see too much Gomez in that game for it to be a full-on Trudeau design, he had a hand in that design imo. Doesn't mean this one wasn't scraped still, but...

Either way I like it, that inner right loop/lane to back left ramp shot looks really cool. It effectively gives you a guided shot through the pops which cam be really narrow, minimizing the ultimate space on the playfield dedicated to the pops, and gives a third exit from the pops.

Use of drops looks good, and is that a full long left orbit to a lock or just ramp or something over the plunger lane, with a lift ramp that raises/lowers to allow plunges? Cool, imo. That looks similar to the lifting lock ramp on the Getaway, where a right loop shot went under the ramp and it lowered for left loop shots to lock.

I don't think I agree that it is right flipper dominant as mentioned above though. From the left flipper:

1. You have a potentially backhand-able main left ramp.
2. Backhand to the scoop.
3. Backhand up the center spinner shot, maybe the only way to hit that?
4. Shot to targets/bashtoy, though looks dangerously angled as usual.
5. Inner-loop/lane to back left ramp shot, which appears to hit a physical lock in the sword handle. Only make-able via the left flipper?
6. Right-loop/pops and rollover lane feed.

Another cool detail - If you zoom there is an insert arrow pointing to a stand-up target on the left side off the bash target "island" which you can't really see, just below the lower pop. Looks like a right flipper to left horseshoe shot will hit the spinner on the exit and then glance off that target as it comes back at you. Seems unique.

#255 5 years ago

Didnt TWIP report stern scrapped the design JT worked on and started over. That would make sense if you don’t want the game to have anything to do with the fired designer

Quoted from Sinestro:

Actually, rumor has it that this was Trudeau's original design, not Gomez's redo.

#256 5 years ago

While it looks like a Gomez design I have a feeling this is the JT version or otherwise it would have been pulled from Pinside by now.

#257 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Didnt TWIP report stern scrapped the design JT worked on and started over. That would make sense if you don’t want the game to have anything to do with the fired designer

I would have believed that they'd just "retool" a JT design, but this leaked image is clearly a Gomez, top to bottom. Maybe the JT scuttled design is still sitting on the back burner there, who knows, but this isn't it.

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I would have believed that they'd just "retool" a JT design, but this leaked image is clearly a Gomez, top to bottom. Maybe the JT scuttled design is still sitting on the back burner there, who knows, but this isn't it.

Zombie Yeti said it (the JT design) was completely scraped in a recent interview. I believe Head 2 Head podcast.

2 weeks later
#259 5 years ago

Any inkling yet when Deadpool will be released - should be the next regular Stern release .... July, August or later ??? It has been pretty quiet...

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

It has been pretty quiet...

Except for like, just releasing Maiden premium and announcing Star Trek vault.

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Any inkling yet when Deadpool will be released - should be the next regular Stern release .... July, August or later ??? It has been pretty quiet...

mnpinball coming soon?

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Yeah, I was wondering that too.

Think there will be an adjustment for foul language? Enable /disable type thing?

#263 5 years ago

Stern hasn't ever released 3 cornerstone titles in the same year when the first one debuted as late as Iron Maiden did.

However, Stern has insisted they are making 3 cornerstone titles this year. So I'd say the next game has to be a late summer release. Look for it in the August time frame.

#264 5 years ago

thank god you all listen to the thousand podcasts to get the latest gossip because I certainly can't find the time.

#265 5 years ago

Does the Beetlejuice thing work here?

Deadpool....Deadpool....Deadpool.....

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern hasn't ever released 3 cornerstone titles in the same year when the first one debuted as late as Iron Maiden did.
However, Stern has insisted they are making 3 cornerstone titles this year. So I'd say the next game has to be a late summer release. Look for it in the August time frame.

Maybe Stern want to flex their pinball muscle this year. New hires and other companies collapsing. Great time to release three cornerstone titles with robust code and steamroll through the competition.

#267 5 years ago

Iron Maiden is a hit, they won't rush the next release.

Smart money says after Labor Day.

#268 5 years ago

I'm feeling Deadpool will be a July release.

#269 5 years ago

I hope they take their time and bake it a little.

#270 5 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Maybe Stern want to flex their pinball muscle this year. New hires and other companies collapsing. Great time to release three cornerstone titles with robust code and steamroll through the competition.

They've done 3 cornerstones in a year before; 2012, 2015, 2017.

In those years, they got their first game out the door very early. That's what's would be different this year if they do manage to pump out 3.

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Iron Maiden is a hit, they won't rush the next release.

yup, agreed. And hopefully this means more development time for the next 2 games, more general code updates. Ride that Maiden glory for a bit of a breather.

#272 5 years ago

Maiden is a smash success for many reasons to many pinheads - one being having nearly complete code on launch.

So basically... no rush. I’ll take it being a better game and coming next year over a crap game in July.

#273 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Maiden is a smash success for many reasons to many pinheads - one being having nearly complete code on launch.
So basically... no rush. I’ll take it being a better game and coming next year over a crap game in July.

I think another reason was a refreshing new design with lots of shots. I am hoping Deadpool keeps up the trend.

2 weeks later
#274 5 years ago

Haven't heard anything lately about this title.... Maybe a teaser at Comic Con in July ?

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Haven't heard anything lately about this title.... Maybe a teaser at Comic Con in July ?

You're talking July 19th. I'm hoping for much sooner.

#276 5 years ago

Sooner would be better for sure, but we are almost to July 1st already.

Comic Con might be a place where at least showing some of the art would be plausible.

1 week later
#277 5 years ago

It is still darn quiet on this title ...

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Stern will be at ComicCon next week. As good a place as any to announce a comic themed table.

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern will be at ComicCon next week. As good a place as any to announce a comic themed table.

We all know that logic doesn't seem to exist at Stern.

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I agree. Its almost as if nobody cares. Are people focused that much on IMDN still or what?

#281 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

We all know that logic doesn't seem to exist at Stern.

That's why it may actually happen this time.

But who knows? Seems like an August/September title, seeing how late in the year Iron Maiden was announced.

#282 5 years ago

I WOULD LOVE to have a Deadpool pin where if the ball drains deadpool yells "Awwwwe Fuck!!!"

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

hmmm - I think somebody mentioned that before a time or two a couple weeks back

Still has been pretty quiet about this title... no inkling or hints that anything might be happening at Comic Con.
You would think it might be a good place to make it official and put a teaser out with the artwork if nothing else.

#284 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

hmmm - I think somebody mentioned that before a time or two a couple weeks back
Still has been pretty quiet about this title... no inkling or hints that anything might be happening at Comic Con.
You would think it might be a good place to make it official and put a teaser out with the artwork if nothing else.

Im surprised that there seems to be no interest from the people on here. I kind of thought that there was alot of people who would be excited about this theme. It seems like The Munsters is creating more hype than Deadpool is.

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im surprised that there seems to be no interest from the people on here. I kind of thought that there was alot of people who would be excited about this theme. It seems like The Munsters is creating more hype than Deadpool is.

Hmmm yeah it's tough to say. There seems to have been some "big" titles all pretty close together and a couple people miht be expecting soon so that might have something to do with it? Deadpool as a theme does nothing for me and the layout pics weren't super exiting like IMDN were. If it really is a Gomez, that might factor in to the blah feelings as well.

#286 5 years ago

There has been a small group of really squeaky wheels asking for the Munsters for a long time, but lets be real here... In 2018 Deadpool has a lot bigger fan pool out there because of the movies (even if it is comic book based).

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hmmm yeah it's tough to say. There seems to have been some "big" titles all pretty close together and a couple people miht be expecting soon so that might have something to do with it? Deadpool as a theme does nothing for me and the layout pics weren't super exiting like IMDN were. If it really is a Gomez, that might factor in to the blah feelings as well.

Yep i totally agree. I kinda feel the same way about him as a designer. Good guy but his games dont do anything for me and neither does the Deadpool theme, but i know that alot of people like Deadpool alot, or at least i thought that they did? I seriously thought that people would be pretty pumped for this game.

#288 5 years ago

I'm super excited for Deadpool but really enjoying Guardians right now. It wouldn't bother me if Deadpool baked in the oven for a while longer.

#289 5 years ago

Maybe people have not been very pumped up lately for the Deadpool pin as it's been so quiet for so long. Sometimes I think little leaks or slips are really part of marketing strategy on the sly - nothing here for a long time. It's been a long time since the one shot of a playfield in progress got out and or discussion about where that was going or where it had been in design, or if it was changed and so forth. Just not much said or speculated since then.

Just seems a little too quiet. Could it be this has been put on the back burner for some reason and/or is not the next release. Has something changed ??

#290 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

There has been a small group of really squeaky wheels asking for the Munsters for a long time, but lets be real here... In 2018 Deadpool has a lot bigger fan pool out there because of the movies (even if it is comic book based).

Alot of people dont like The Munsters show but if its good they may view it like another Monster Bash maybe? Also The Adams Family is a super popular game so i dont see any reason The Munsters wouldn’t draw that same interest from people. Its the same show pretty much and pinball fans in general like Monster and horror themes. We will see i guess, its gonna be interesting. I think the Munsters theme has a lot of cool things that can be done with it.

#291 5 years ago

I'm in on the Munsters for sure, and Elvira too when ever it gets released. Both those themes will be very nice. I have no worries at all that they will be good games. Plenty to work with for each of those themes and it's a good genre.

But, I am always interested in whatever the next new title is - and if it's Deadpool I want to see it ! Soon.
Comic theme for Deadpool should get a broader appeal as far as Deadpool theme - could be very good.

#292 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I have no worries at all that they will be good games. Plenty to work with for each of those themes and it's a good genre.

Man I wish a good genre meant a good game.

Quoted from NoQuarters:

Comic theme for Deadpool should get a broader appeal as far as Deadpool theme...

Would it? The movies are killing it, but I don't know how popular the character himself is. Not being hardcore into Comic Books myself I never heard of the guy. It's not like a huge icon like SM that you can just change form movie to comic and be ok.
True though perhaps your average 40+ pin buyer is more familiar than I.

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Would it? The movies are killing it, but I don't know how popular the character himself is. Not being hardcore into Comic Books myself I never heard of the guy. It's not like a huge icon like SM that you can just change form movie to comic and be ok.
True though perhaps your average 40+ pin buyer is more familiar than I.

I think that comic based art for Deadpool is preferable, but not because of the comic stories or any specific thing about the comic character. I think being drawn art will lend itself more to the character's violence and humor. Being limited to things from the movies would reduce what you can do with Deadpool, in my opinion. Not saying one based on movie assets would be bad...

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think that comic based art for Deadpool is preferable...

Probably more preferable to the home market true, I keep forgetting that's pretty much all that matters now.

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Alot of people dont like The Munsters show but if its good they may view it like another Monster Bash maybe? Also The Adams Family is a super popular game so i dont see any reason The Munsters wouldn’t draw that same interest from people.

True, I didn't mean to dump on the Munsters, it was one of my favorite shows as a kid. It will sell plenty if its a good game. Just saying that in this day and age Deadpool is a bigger franchise and potential to sell big. Still all comes down to how good the game is.

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think that comic based art for Deadpool is preferable, but not because of the comic stories or any specific thing about the comic character. I think being drawn art will lend itself more to the character's violence and humor. Being limited to things from the movies would reduce what you can do with Deadpool, in my opinion. Not saying one based on movie assets would be bad...

Agreed. Best of both worlds would be a comic book themed game, with Ryan Reynolds doing that call outs.

Low hype might actually help this game. If no one is building it up too high, it might just come along and surprise everyone.

#297 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yep i totally agree. I kinda feel the same way about him as a designer. Good guy but his games dont do anything for me and neither does the Deadpool theme, but i know that alot of people like Deadpool alot, or at least i thought that they did? I seriously thought that people would be pretty pumped for this game.

I loved the last Deadpool movie, it was great.

The pinball machine is going to be a big dud imho.

Too many others on the horizon.

#298 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

it might just come along and surprise everyone.

Thats what IMDN did!

#299 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats what IMDN did!

But that's a music pin Who Dey, just like AS which snuck up on people like us

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats what IMDN did!

I was told that they will be ready to ship in a month, so I'd imagine after comic con.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
11,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 495 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pinball-speculation/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.