5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by speederice
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2018-05-25 12_13_36-6db55524b55f07c09195eba6c18926d61fcdcee1 - Windows Photo Viewer (resized).png
    2018-05-25 12_12_41-6db55524b55f07c09195eba6c18926d61fcdcee1 - Windows Photo Viewer (resized).png
    Deadpool (resized).jpg
    07C8108A-833B-440A-870D-DAD3F4E362A2.jpeg
    29573009_1047331928753640_4499449784692140234_n (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (1) (resized).jpg
    tv25s (resized).jpg
    BF336A3A-896C-4830-BD78-7E7D3B154357 (resized).jpeg
    ryan-reynolds-make-a-wish-troll-reply-13-5a8c30dca746a__700 (resized).jpg
    F787B804-411A-44F4-9D4C-E83DCCA8999C (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    EB6B69D8-329C-4C8E-B983-281266CF68E9 (resized).png
    Batman_The_Dark_Knight_Vol_2_8 (resized).jpg
    TDK (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 25 days ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

How does that ramp in the shooter lane work? you can see a junction point for a lever to the left, so it appears the ramp drops and lifts, so perhaps a diverter directs a left loop to rightloop shot to this ramp to divert the ball down the sword ramp to the inlane?

That’s what I’m thinking. Which helps explain the clunky right orbit

#252 25 days ago

If real looks very fun to me, albeit right flipper dominant. Chimichanga truck?, bash toy of some kind potentially like an upgraded Hulk?, maybe physical locks?, horseshoe like SW, Gomez short ramp return, Gomez long orbit/ramp combo like Hawkeye- one of my fav alltime shots. Extremely satisfying to see ball travel all the way around table. I was hoping for left plunger, figured if any modern game was gonna do it...

I’m not upset about this at all, if real. Throw in awesome comedy regardless of who voices, great ZY art and it’s a winner in my book. If real.

#253 25 days ago
    Quoted from Midway-Man:

THX for the picture, now we know its a George Gomez design. It just can be great. (Its my favorite designer)
    Did someone notice those two ramps used in this whitewood are exactly the same as the right ramp used in BM66

Actually, rumor has it that this was Trudeau's original design, not Gomez's redo.

#254 25 days ago

I really see too much Gomez in that game for it to be a full-on Trudeau design, he had a hand in that design imo. Doesn't mean this one wasn't scraped still, but...

Either way I like it, that inner right loop/lane to back left ramp shot looks really cool. It effectively gives you a guided shot through the pops which cam be really narrow, minimizing the ultimate space on the playfield dedicated to the pops, and gives a third exit from the pops.

Use of drops looks good, and is that a full long left orbit to a lock or just ramp or something over the plunger lane, with a lift ramp that raises/lowers to allow plunges? Cool, imo. That looks similar to the lifting lock ramp on the Getaway, where a right loop shot went under the ramp and it lowered for left loop shots to lock.

I don't think I agree that it is right flipper dominant as mentioned above though. From the left flipper:

1. You have a potentially backhand-able main left ramp.
    2. Backhand to the scoop.
    3. Backhand up the center spinner shot, maybe the only way to hit that?
    4. Shot to targets/bashtoy, though looks dangerously angled as usual.
    5. Inner-loop/lane to back left ramp shot, which appears to hit a physical lock in the sword handle. Only make-able via the left flipper?
    6. Right-loop/pops and rollover lane feed.

Another cool detail - If you zoom there is an insert arrow pointing to a stand-up target on the left side off the bash target "island" which you can't really see, just below the lower pop. Looks like a right flipper to left horseshoe shot will hit the spinner on the exit and then glance off that target as it comes back at you. Seems unique.

#255 25 days ago

Didnt TWIP report stern scrapped the design JT worked on and started over. That would make sense if you don’t want the game to have anything to do with the fired designer

Quoted from Sinestro:

Actually, rumor has it that this was Trudeau's original design, not Gomez's redo.

#256 24 days ago

While it looks like a Gomez design I have a feeling this is the JT version or otherwise it would have been pulled from Pinside by now.

#257 23 days ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Didnt TWIP report stern scrapped the design JT worked on and started over. That would make sense if you don’t want the game to have anything to do with the fired designer

I would have believed that they'd just "retool" a JT design, but this leaked image is clearly a Gomez, top to bottom. Maybe the JT scuttled design is still sitting on the back burner there, who knows, but this isn't it.

#258 23 days ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I would have believed that they'd just "retool" a JT design, but this leaked image is clearly a Gomez, top to bottom. Maybe the JT scuttled design is still sitting on the back burner there, who knows, but this isn't it.

Zombie Yeti said it (the JT design) was completely scraped in a recent interview. I believe Head 2 Head podcast.

2 weeks later
    #259 8 days ago

Any inkling yet when Deadpool will be released - should be the next regular Stern release .... July, August or later ??? It has been pretty quiet...

#260 8 days ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

It has been pretty quiet...

Except for like, just releasing Maiden premium and announcing Star Trek vault.

#261 8 days ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

Any inkling yet when Deadpool will be released - should be the next regular Stern release .... July, August or later ??? It has been pretty quiet...

@MNpinball coming soon?

#262 8 days ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

Yeah, I was wondering that too.

Think there will be an adjustment for foul language? Enable /disable type thing?

#263 8 days ago

Stern hasn't ever released 3 cornerstone titles in the same year when the first one debuted as late as Iron Maiden did.

However, Stern has insisted they are making 3 cornerstone titles this year. So I'd say the next game has to be a late summer release. Look for it in the August time frame.

#264 7 days ago

thank god you all listen to the thousand podcasts to get the latest gossip because I certainly can't find the time.

#265 7 days ago

Does the Beetlejuice thing work here?

Deadpool....Deadpool....Deadpool.....

#266 7 days ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern hasn't ever released 3 cornerstone titles in the same year when the first one debuted as late as Iron Maiden did.
    However, Stern has insisted they are making 3 cornerstone titles this year. So I'd say the next game has to be a late summer release. Look for it in the August time frame.

Maybe Stern want to flex their pinball muscle this year. New hires and other companies collapsing. Great time to release three cornerstone titles with robust code and steamroll through the competition.

#267 7 days ago

Iron Maiden is a hit, they won't rush the next release.

Smart money says after Labor Day.

#268 6 days ago

I'm feeling Deadpool will be a July release.

#269 6 days ago

I hope they take their time and bake it a little.

#270 6 days ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

Maybe Stern want to flex their pinball muscle this year. New hires and other companies collapsing. Great time to release three cornerstone titles with robust code and steamroll through the competition.

They've done 3 cornerstones in a year before; 2012, 2015, 2017.

In those years, they got their first game out the door very early. That's what's would be different this year if they do manage to pump out 3.

#271 6 days ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Iron Maiden is a hit, they won't rush the next release.

yup, agreed. And hopefully this means more development time for the next 2 games, more general code updates. Ride that Maiden glory for a bit of a breather.

#272 6 days ago

Maiden is a smash success for many reasons to many pinheads - one being having nearly complete code on launch.

So basically... no rush. I’ll take it being a better game and coming next year over a crap game in July.

#273 6 days ago
    Quoted from RandomKG:

Maiden is a smash success for many reasons to many pinheads - one being having nearly complete code on launch.
    So basically... no rush. I’ll take it being a better game and coming next year over a crap game in July.

I think another reason was a refreshing new design with lots of shots. I am hoping Deadpool keeps up the trend.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 989.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    € 40.00
    Boards
    FLIPPROJETS
    $ 6.00
    $ 18.99
    $ 49.95
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 4.00
    Electronics
    Professor Pinball
    $ 9.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 53.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.99
    Playfield - Other
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    BumperNets Inc
    $ 12.00
    Lighting - Led
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside