Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A470B405-1B87-4E00-BF66-F9A6DCD20872 (resized).jpeg
35238F7B-F62D-4773-9EA5-B0C810DFA62F (resized).jpeg
85361DA7-901E-46A4-844F-BF61590CFF20 (resized).jpeg
hackers (resized).jpg
121030-linus-van-pelt (resized).jpg
Tobias (resized).png
(3) Pinball Heaven Ltd - Home - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Sercel, _2018-07-19_09-23-57 (resized).png
033858C1-E001-408C-8A70-382D619052C5 (resized).png
E1DA7484-DC75-4047-9B33-46DB13AA500B (resized).jpeg
2018-05-25 12_13_36-6db55524b55f07c09195eba6c18926d61fcdcee1 - Windows Photo Viewer (resized).png
2018-05-25 12_12_41-6db55524b55f07c09195eba6c18926d61fcdcee1 - Windows Photo Viewer (resized).png
Deadpool (resized).jpg
07C8108A-833B-440A-870D-DAD3F4E362A2.jpeg
29573009_1047331928753640_4499449784692140234_n (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (1) (resized).jpg
There are 495 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Thats aerosmith not a new pic.

Definitely Aerosmith or a re-theme of the exact same playfield!

#102 6 years ago

Here's what you can expect for voicework unless Stern licenses Ryan specifically for the license. And to be clear the pin is comic based.

#103 6 years ago

Comic-based would severely limit the appeal of a Deadpool pin. While the comics may be amazing, funny and clever, it’s not the Deadpool that the majority of the world knows. FAR more people see movies than read comic books. And no Ryan Reynolds will likely make it as dopey as GoTG’s voice acting.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Here's what you can expect for voicework unless Stern licenses Ryan specifically for the license. And to be clear the pin is comic based.
» YouTube video

AWESOME. Sign me up.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

How would you know ? Were you at the factory yesterday morning? Didn't see you there?

How would we know that the underside playfield picture you posted with "stay tuned" is Aerosmith? Because it is.

#106 6 years ago

Comic edition with great artwork is the best choice imo. Movie version with RR, no thanks.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Comic edition with great artwork is the best choice imo. Movie version with RR, no thanks.

Don't get me wrong, the movie version is great and Ryan Reynolds is as perfect of a deadpool as we are going to get. One of the reasons we got a Deadpool movie was because Ryan Reynolds fought for it after the disastrous showing of deadpool in the Wolverine movie.

But the movie is 2 hours of content to pull from, not nearly enough to really break loose with deadpool.

Comic deadpool gives room for a lot of cartoon-ish violence and free reign with the speech. I think that will fit perfectly with the LCD.

#108 6 years ago

Agree, that's Aero. But had me for a minute.

I guess we'll all know in less than four weeks.

#109 6 years ago

ahh yeah bummer. yeah its the orbit not a ramp location. whoopsie. be cool to have open pops around the entrance of a ramp and so if you missed youd get a crazy return, would add a lot of variables to gameplay. people would then rather hit a post than a pop on a missed ramp shot

#110 6 years ago

Iron Maiden is the Archer layout.

Deadpool has 2 flippers haha. Not sure what's new to pinball with it. Wolverine is back and hoping they get a good voice actors for the other characters.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Iron Maiden is the Archer layout.

ooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOO????
That would be lovely. Really hoping Elwin's hard work gets released, even if a different theme.

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

ooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOO????
That would be lovely. Really hoping Elwin's hard work gets released, even if a different theme.

Agreed, but how much better would this have been if it was still Archer instead of IMa?

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

» YouTube video

So is Gomez the designer on this one?

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Agreed, but how much better would this have been if it was still Archer instead of IMa?

True! But at the end of the day I take layout over theme any day. Having been following Keith's design updates on youtube for a while, I am very excited to one day try that Archer layout.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I don't watch Archer and love old Maiden so for me it would suck.

#116 6 years ago

Seems the COMIC rumors are picking up steam and now the more I think about it the more sad I am. I will be interested but my interest level is already fading each time just a little bit when I think about what could have been with Ryan Reynolds callouts. I think it ends up like X-men if COMIC based. Sure some will like/love it and it might have a couple cool features, but it will probably never be unanimously great and coveted by the community and non-nerd masses. All conjecture and musing of course but just saying it’s a bummer with each passing day that the COMIC based gains steam. Will be more of an uphill battle thematically. Guess we have another 4-7 mos to wonder...

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Seems the COMIC rumors are picking up steam and now the more I think about it the more sad I am. I will be interested but my interest level is already fading each time just a little bit when I think about what could have been with Ryan Reynolds callouts. I think it ends up like X-men if COMIC based. Sure some will like/love it and it might have a couple cool features, but it will probably never be unanimously great and coveted by the community and non-nerd masses. All conjecture and musing of course but just saying it’s a bummer with each passing day that the COMIC based gains steam. Will be more of an uphill battle thematically. Guess we have another 4-7 mos to wonder...

I really want deadpool to do a lot of 4th wall breaks and insult/ talk to the player.

#118 6 years ago

At least with comic based Deadpool it should have really good artwork vs. the more photo realistic movie stuff. It will probably be a marvel approved voice actor either way as I doubt Stern would pony up to hire Ryan Reynolds to do custom callouts.

#119 6 years ago

Movie Deadpool and Comics Deadpool are not really all that different. This is not the X-Men Origins: Wolverine version of Deadpool where the character was unrecognizable. This isn't even like X-Men, where the movie versions of the characters do not wear the same uniforms as their comic book counterparts. I would say this is going to be more like Spider-Man, where if you play the movie or comic versions on the different versions of the Stern machines, the character is still fundamentally the same. I would understand losing interest in a comic book version of this pin if that version of Deadpool looked or acted completely different, but it is going to be the same 4th wall breaking, over-the-top, jokey Deadpool as the Reynolds version. They might even bring in Cable or Colossus or some of the other X-Men to give subtle nods to the movie.

#120 6 years ago

If its comic based I might buy one of them, if based on movie I will buy 4 for route.

#121 6 years ago

It is going to be interesting how this one pans out for sure. I suspect a pin based upon the movie would be better for route operators. The opportunity to have callouts by RR would be fantastic but if it was to use a voice-over I think it would run the risk of being a complete miss (unless rescued by someone with Pinball Browser).

This type of license certainly must put more stress on the development teams now that Stern pins are not using DMDs - integrating gameplay with canned movie clips and voices/voice-overs certainly reduces some creativity and has to increase development costs. I mean if DMD animations don't look great it is a loss but when movie-clips, voice-overs and gameplay don't mix well - then the results are potentially awful. In that regards I think I will soon start to miss the DMD a little - at least when it comes to movie/tv licensed games. However, the LCD lends itself better to a comic version of the game.

I would never pass judgement on any game until I have seen and played the whole package. I am looking forward to seeing how this one turns out but it might take a while as I am still waiting on seeing how GOTG turns out. Willing to wait though as MET, TWD and XMen turned out great IMHO.

#122 6 years ago

I'm in on this one, especially if it is Comic based.

If Zombie Yeti is doing the art (rumor reported via TWIP) I can't imagine his style would be better suited to Ryan Reynolds redraws.

I love the Deadpool movie and I think Reynolds did a great job on it, but think about it, funny one liners aside, how would a movie vs comic pin stack up? Clip art style pins (TWD) are not loved for their art usually. Hand drawns are usually preferred, especially those of the Yeti. Movie based pins look dated quickly imho, whereas a comic based hand drawn pin could be admired and loved long after that movie is sitting in the $2.99 DVD center isle bins at Wal-Mat.

I'll buy it either way, because I love the character, the rumored minds/talents that are working on it, and the humor potential. I sure as hell wouldn't own my Judge Dredd if it had clip art from that awful Sly Stallone debacle, but love it is hand drawn. (Although the Karl Urban 2012 movie IS epic).

#123 6 years ago

I'd really love to see a machine based on either the comics or movie(s), but does anyone else think that all the talk of custom RR callouts is a bit crazy? I mean, even if he is a pinball fan, that's got to be well beyond cost-prohibitive, right? Especially considering the modern lack of custom callouts by nearly any big-name actors, most of whom are still much less famous than he is currently?

#124 6 years ago

Has there ever been a case in pinball history where movie assets were more preferable than comic book? I'd prefer comic based for all of the following games:

X-Men - already comic based
Judge Dredd - already comic based
Spider-Man - movie based and comic based (VE)
Iron-Man- movie based
Walking Dead - Show based
Batman TDK - movie based
Transformers - movie based
Avengers - Movie based

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Has there ever been a case in pinball history where movie assets were more preferable than comic book? I'd prefer comic based for all of the following games:
X-Men - already comic based
Judge Dredd - already comic based
Spider-Man - movie based and comic based (VE)
Iron-Man- movie based
Walking Dead - Show based
Batman TDK - movie based
Transformers - movie based
Avengers - Movie based

I think out of that list I like movie version dark Knight more instead of comic Because it has the great Heath Ledger.

#126 6 years ago

You can't really do great lifelike violence and do Deadpool justice. Comic art lends itself to great Deadpool violence.

I definitely prefer movie version Iron Man and Avengers for the pins.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#127 6 years ago

I like the deadpool movie, but I'm super pumped it'll be comic based. That was a good move on stern's part. Pretty excited to see this one come out

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I think out of that list I like movie version dark Knight more instead of comic Because it has the great Heath Ledger.

I love the move but a comic based Batman Dark Knight game would have been so much better!

TDK (resized).jpgTDK (resized).jpg

Batman_The_Dark_Knight_Vol_2_8 (resized).jpgBatman_The_Dark_Knight_Vol_2_8 (resized).jpg

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I love the move but a comic based Batman Dark Knight game would have been so much better!

Now that I look at It i am kinda surprised out of four Batman games none have been comic based I would have thought someone would have made one.

#130 6 years ago

I really do not think there will/should be any difference in routing this if its based on the comics or the movie. Look at the panels that Wolfmarsh posted and see how similar the character is both in appearance and in tone to the RR version. A casual fan of the Deadpool movie would probably still assume that the pin was based on the movie. Plus think of how much more creative freedom Stern will have with the license if they are not beholden to movie studios, screen actors guilds, etc.

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

How would you know ? Were you at the factory yesterday morning? Didn't see you there?

You are by far the most annoying poster in this thread. If you know so much either spill or get out.

#132 6 years ago

Super quiet here... I’m excited about comic DP and super duper excited about RR movie DP. Oh well, I’ll move on and accept comic.... not the end of the world but will limit market. So anyways. Someone share something cool about comic DP pls!

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Super quiet here... I’m excited about comic DP and super duper excited about RR movie DP. Oh well, I’ll move on and accept comic.... not the end of the world but will limit market. So anyways. Someone share something cool about comic DP pls!

I’m not giving up on them getting RR in for voice work, even if it is comic based. Stern has to know that would be a major draw. They got Nemoy in to do spok and Adam West for Batman...why not RR for Deadpool? Maybe RR would enjoy having a Deadpool pinball machine and being involved.

How much does a half day of voice work for a big actor cost? Nemoy did his voice work over the phone...not in a studio.

#134 6 years ago

I want that Bob Ross parody as an attract mode, RR is needed for the call outs thats the bottom line.

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m not giving up on them getting RR in for voice work, even if it is comic based. Stern has to know that would be a major draw. They got Nemoy in to do spok and Adam West for Batman...why not RR for Deadpool? Maybe RR would enjoy having a Deadpool pinball machine and being involved.
How much does a half day of voice work for a big actor cost? Nemoy did his voice work over the phone...not in a studio.

As much work as Reynolds put in to make the movie a reality and the amount of extra work he does as Deadpool, I could see him easily doing this for peanuts.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

As much work as Reynolds put in to make the movie a reality and the amount of extra work he does as Deadpool, I could see him easily doing this for peanuts.

I couldn’t agree more. Hopefully Stern at least makes a run at him and finds out. They could go to wherever he is to do the recordings to make it less disruptive to his schedule.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I couldn’t agree more. Hopefully Stern at least makes a run at him and finds out. They could go to wherever he is to do the recordings to make it less disruptive to his schedule.

Well they would just send him the script and he'd head to a VO booth and bang it out in 10 minutes then send them the file

#138 6 years ago

Totally agree about having RR do the voice of a comic based game. That would be the best of both worlds.

Would be even better if some of the callouts made jokes about it being comic based with his voice.

#139 6 years ago

the problem is. Is that Stern will just pass the game off to whoever. Instead of someone that really loves the theme. When you have someone that really loves a theme, they put their heart and soul into creating the game. Same goes for movies. that's why LOTR is such an awesome movie and the director cared about how the movie was presented. Same goes for the rules for TSPP and LOTR pinball machines. Keith really loved the theme on both games and put extra time and effort in to make it fantastic. If deadpool is a theme stern has acquired, it will probably suck, unless they give it to a designer and programmer who really loves deadpool.

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the problem is. Is that Stern will just pass the game off to whoever. Instead of someone that really loves the theme. When you have someone that really loves a theme, they put their heart and soul into creating the game. Same goes for movies. that's why LOTR is such an awesome movie and the director cared about how the movie was presented. Same goes for the rules for TSPP and LOTR pinball machines. Keith really loved the theme on both games and put extra time and effort in to make it fantastic. If deadpool is a theme stern has acquired, it will probably suck, unless they give it to a designer and programmer who really loves deadpool.

They could probably get what they need out of a well done focus group of pinball people that are also Deadpool fans. But I imagine with a license that may be frustrating to hear a bunch of great ideas then have your hands tied by license restrictions.

#141 6 years ago

If you have Twitter, pile on with me, can’t hurt.

https://twitter.com/vancityreynolds/status/960875213545095168

EB6B69D8-329C-4C8E-B983-281266CF68E9 (resized).pngEB6B69D8-329C-4C8E-B983-281266CF68E9 (resized).png

#142 6 years ago

Done

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#143 6 years ago

I'd love to see a motion/proximity sensor attract mode where Deadpool heckles people, via video, passing by the machine.

#144 6 years ago

I’m happy to see some reach out to RR on twitter to hopefully catch his attention.
Him on the voicework would be epic. Fingers crossed he acknowledges.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I’m happy to see some reach out to RR on twitter to hopefully catch his attention.
Him on the voicework would be epic. Fingers crossed he acknowledges.

Me also. I wish I had a twitter account. Hopefully he follows his Twitter. Can more people make Twitter posts to him?

#147 6 years ago

F787B804-411A-44F4-9D4C-E83DCCA8999C (resized).jpegF787B804-411A-44F4-9D4C-E83DCCA8999C (resized).jpeg

#149 6 years ago

I saw this and thought to share.

"Someone Criticizes Ryan Reynolds For Promoting R-Rated Movie To Kids Battling Cancer And His Response Is Epic"
https://www.boredpanda.com/ryan-reynolds-make-a-wish-troll-reply/

ryan-reynolds-make-a-wish-troll-reply-13-5a8c30dca746a__700 (resized).jpgryan-reynolds-make-a-wish-troll-reply-13-5a8c30dca746a__700 (resized).jpg

#150 6 years ago

There's nothing wrong with the deadpool actor in the X-Men pin. Won't they just reuse this actor again?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 25.95
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
There are 495 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pinball-speculation/page/3?hl=potatoloco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.