Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A470B405-1B87-4E00-BF66-F9A6DCD20872 (resized).jpeg
35238F7B-F62D-4773-9EA5-B0C810DFA62F (resized).jpeg
85361DA7-901E-46A4-844F-BF61590CFF20 (resized).jpeg
hackers (resized).jpg
121030-linus-van-pelt (resized).jpg
Tobias (resized).png
(3) Pinball Heaven Ltd - Home - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Sercel, _2018-07-19_09-23-57 (resized).png
033858C1-E001-408C-8A70-382D619052C5 (resized).png
E1DA7484-DC75-4047-9B33-46DB13AA500B (resized).jpeg
2018-05-25 12_13_36-6db55524b55f07c09195eba6c18926d61fcdcee1 - Windows Photo Viewer (resized).png
2018-05-25 12_12_41-6db55524b55f07c09195eba6c18926d61fcdcee1 - Windows Photo Viewer (resized).png
Deadpool (resized).jpg
07C8108A-833B-440A-870D-DAD3F4E362A2.jpeg
29573009_1047331928753640_4499449784692140234_n (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (1) (resized).jpg
There are 495 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.
#52 6 years ago

If they exist you'll have to find them on another site...I think the Aussie's had the GB pics early.
Pinside doesn't like making waves with game companies.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from peaceboy666:

i cant see stern releasing this ,imagine the amount of f words in it lol

If Deadpool is done as a Stern pin it would be very likely that any profanity could be shut off, by an on-off setting in the games programing.

#54 6 years ago

Needs to be movie based & not comic IMHO.. Tons of great potential for them to screw up...

#55 6 years ago

Stern has put profanity in their Sopranos pin (Default to family mode) so they have gone down the rated "R" avenue. "IF" there is a game produced, hopefully it would be movie based with the LCD screen being used.

#56 6 years ago

The original movie had a lot of funny one-liners. I'd expect the same from the next movie. It could make for some really great callouts.

I'd be very excited to see how this title turns out.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

The original movie had a lot of funny one-liners. I'd expect the same from the next movie. It could make for some really great callouts.

And unlike GOTG he usually has his mask on so they can show him actually "talking?"

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

If Keith is working on it, I hope he can fill the designing shoes of Trudeau and put out something that is more original and not just a copied fan layout with recycled ruleset. Good or bad, you could always count on JT's games being unique and that was refreshing.

The only thing confirmed I know of, straight from Keith, is the next Stern game is "his" and it isn't likely it would be selling to the public by TPF (or in my case, Arcade Expo 4.0). Keith and Zach were at INDISC (January at Museum of Pinball) and tight lipped and poker faced. I respect that.

Also fact, Stern has a booth at the Amusement Expo International in Vegas on Feb 28-March 1. This probably isn't a large enough fan-base to do a reveal so I'm not expecting anything in the booth except for what we know. Yes, I will be there at AEI and most of you know why.

#59 6 years ago

A deadpool pin without Ryan R voice work from the films maybe some custom callouts would mean no Deadpool pin for me and this is most likely the case, No?

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

A deadpool pin without Ryan R voice work from the films maybe some custom callouts would mean no Deadpool pin for me and this is most likely the case, No?

It's based on the comic.

#61 6 years ago

Yes. Get all your bitching out of the way now. Stern deadpool is 100% comic based and nothing to do with RR.

There are 3 things on the playfield that have NEVER been done before.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Yes. Get all your bitching out of your way now. Stern deadpool is 100% comic based and nothing to do with RR.

How does anyone know any of this?

Also, not doing the Ryan Reynolds movie based, if true, is a big miss IMO. It takes me from auto-buy down to just interested. Look at some of the most loved titles, they have great authentic and/or custom and/or hilarious callout work:
MM
AFM
TRON
IM
MET
SM
TWD (With Cleland)
TZ
MB

And then look at the generally received strikeouts:
XM
TAV
GOTG (until Cleland fix)

Callouts are a HUGE deal. HUGE. Can’t be overstated how important they are.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Also, not doing the Ryan Reynolds movie based, if true, is a big miss IMO. It takes me from auto-buy down to just interested. Look at some of the most loved titles, they have great authentic and/or custom and/or hilarious callout work:
MM
AFM
TRON
IM
MET
SM
TWD (With Cleland)
TZ
MB
XM
TAV
GOTG (until Cleland fix)

Distributors usually get info ahead via various channels ( official and unofficial ) so they can decide on an allotment of games.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Yes. Get all your bitching out of your way now. Stern deadpool is 100% comic based and nothing to do with RR.

What are the 3 things? it being comic based is great for the art but this leaves the humor in Sterns hands and that spells disaster to me, pinball humor for the most part is just awful. I hope this game is an exception but I would rather have RR and movie art with real video clips anyday.

#65 6 years ago

Guess I’m in the minority, not only do I love X-men pinball, but Deadpool comic would be a perfect complement to my lineup. Bring it on!!!

Quoted from ATLpb:

MM
AFM
TRON
IM
MET
SM
TWD (With Cleland)
TZ
MB
XM
TAV
GOTG (until Cleland fix)

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Guess I’m in the minority, not only do I love X-men pinball, but Deadpool comic would be a perfect complement to my lineup. Bring it on!!!

I love X-men pinball too; only game I truly regret selling and want back- but we are not the many.

I’m still intrigued by a comic Deadpool- but make no mistake, a Ryan Reynolds Deadpool with movie and custom callouts would fly off the shelves comparatively.

RR’s take on the character is off the charts. He IS Deadpool.

#67 6 years ago

A Stern Deadpool pinball? .....TAKE MY MONEY AGAIN STERN !

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Needs to be movie based & not comic IMHO.. Tons of great potential for them to screw up...

Yep. *cough*x-men*cough*

Also, if they go the "voice actor route" like Guardians, it'd be an absolute massive mess.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Also, if they go the "voice actor route" like Guardians, it'd be an absolute massive mess

Uh, if it's comic book style how would it not be 'voice actor based' ? Don't think they would go with the lessor cost license but then pay big $ for RR to do callouts.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Uh, if it's comic book style how would it not be 'voice actor based' ? Don't think they would go with the lessor cost license but then pay big $ for RR to do callouts.

Read again. We agree.

I didn't read the whole thread but if it's comic-based, I'm out. Don't care about any comics.

#71 6 years ago

Yeah I guess the earlier rumors claim it is 100% comic book based

#72 6 years ago

The movie is a great movie, but only has a very small part of all of the Deadpool jokes they can pull from the comics.

I think it's way better if it's based on the comics. They can include things like chimichangas, his bromance with Spider-Man, 4th wall breaks, etc...

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Yes. Get all your bitching out of the way now. Stern deadpool is 100% comic based and nothing to do with RR.

They could theoretically still hire R.R. to do the voice work for Deadpool even if comic based. That would be awesome actually. Anyone know if R.R. is a Pinball fan?

#74 6 years ago

Iron Maiden, Dead Pool, Elvira 3, then fingers crossed for Black Panther

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If they exist you'll have to find them on another site...I think the Aussie's had the GB pics early.
Pinside doesn't like making waves with game companies.

eh i don't think so.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Iron Maiden, Dead Pool, Elvira 3, then fingers crossed for Black Panther

really, black panther?

#77 6 years ago

Can anyone who has seen the photos confirm how close it looks to being done? Are we talking whitewood or full artwork? Also, they did such a good job on the movie that I am not sure most people are going to realize its based on the comic instead.

#78 6 years ago

https://imgur.com/gallery/h5uik

Good Deadpool comic where he kills everyone.

#79 6 years ago

I'm more excited about the new things on the Keith designed playfield. Comic book versus movie is secondary.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'm more excited about the new things on the Keith designed playfield. Comic book versus movie is secondary.

If there is some actual details please PM me.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Absolutely.

#82 6 years ago

Hope we can get more details.... Soon.
Maybe someone can share some More information or pics

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

really, black panther?

I think it would make an amazing theme. Why wouldn't it? Great reviews, already buzz about a sequel, record-breaking ticket sales, lots of amazing characters. Seems like a good call.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I think it would make an amazing theme.

Won't happen, not that pinheads are racist in anyway but that would be like if the GB pin used the female cast and Stern knows this hence no Hip Hop pins, theres a reason its hard rocking 70's and 80's bands. What I think is a drag is why wouldn't RR take what would probably be a years salary for most of us and most likely more to spend an aft doing custom call outs, never understood that and i don't know maybe he would but isn't getting paid something better than nothing? Its like the licensing, try to get as much as possible sure but to turn it down all together? theres probably a reason for this and I just don't understand. i remember seeing an interview with Sly Stallone regarding Bruce Willis doing a cameo in Expendables and he wanted a million dollars a day and when they refused he declined, now if they offered 500K isn't than better than nothing?
Enlighten me.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I think it would make an amazing theme. Why wouldn't it? Great reviews, already buzz about a sequel, record-breaking ticket sales, lots of amazing characters. Seems like a good call.

I havent seen the movie yet, i think prior to this movie or the MCU no one but comic book people even knew who Black Panther was. Can you watch the movie as a stand alone or do you need to have an idea about the other 437 Marvel movies leading up to it to understand the films context?

Just doesnt seem to be a broad appeal of some of the more major super hero characters. I guess im just tired of the super hero / band pinball rut but I guess that is what the people want.

#86 6 years ago

I havent seen the movie yet, i think prior to this movie or the MCU no one but comic book people even knew who Black Panther was. Can you watch the movie as a stand alone or do you need to have an idea about the other 437 Marvel movies leading up to it to understand the films context?
Just doesnt seem to be a broad appeal of some of the more major super hero characters. I guess im just tired of the super hero / band pinball rut but I guess that is what the people want.

You don't need to know anything about Black Panther to like this movie, but if you are a MCU fan, this is the last movie before Infinity War.

#87 6 years ago

Besides a lot of fourth wall breaking, what would you want to see in a Deadpool machine? I'm honestly racking my brain trying to come up with things, but I'm having trouble tying things together into a "world under glass" style of gameplay. Is there a particular mission or major villain you really want to see?

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Besides a lot of fourth wall breaking, what would you want to see in a Deadpool machine? I'm honestly racking my brain trying to come up with things, but I'm having trouble tying things together into a "world under glass" style of gameplay. Is there a particular mission or major villain you really want to see?

what was the last stern that gave you the "world under glass" style of gameplay?

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Besides a lot of fourth wall breaking, what would you want to see in a Deadpool machine? I'm honestly racking my brain trying to come up with things,...

All I can think of is super high gore violence. Pretty much all I saw in the movie but thats prob why they would go the cartoon route; which I don't know anything at all aboot.

#90 6 years ago

what was the last stern that gave you the "world under glass" style of gameplay?

What was the last pin in general that gave the "world under glass" style?

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What was the last pin in general that gave the "world under glass" style?

dont ask me, im not the one looking at that for a criteria in a game.

#92 6 years ago

dont ask me, im not the one looking at that for a criteria in a game.

I'm with ya, I'll take barron with good shots and code over loaded and boring any day.

#93 6 years ago

Why is this even a topic of discussion? In hopes Stern will see this and make this thing?
Not happening folks

#94 6 years ago

I don't have the opportunity to play many newer Sterns.

Quoted from TheLaw:

All I can think of is super high gore violence. Pretty much all I saw in the movie but thats prob why they would go the cartoon route; which I don't know anything at all aboot.

Sure, I wasn't meaning my comment to be taken as a negative. I think it it's a good theme, but 99% of what I could think of were one liners or fourth wall breaking moments. I'm trying to think about what the various modes or wizard modes would be. Are you collecting kills, money, fangirls, tacos/chimichangas, etc. It is harder for me to think of things for Deadpool because there isn't necessarily a "Joker to his Batman".

The best idea I had was to have the modes to be various mercenary missions, where you are tasked with assassinating someone. Weasel could introduce the mission and then you complete the mission to collect your reward. By having various shots representative of different weapons, you could create combo kills. This might be getting way to violent for Stern, but the idea is the more shots you combo the move violent the death. The more violent the death, the greater the reward. Maybe also do something with Blind Al. Perhaps a mode where sections of the playfield turn dark if you fail to shoot them in time. I don't know. Like I said most of the stuff would be one liners. So for example if you are holding the ball on the flipper for too long he taps on the glass and says, "Stop cupping my balls." You're basic middle school humor.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Sure, I'm wasn't meaning this to be a negative.

I didn't take it as negative & Completely agreed with you; I simply must downvote any "W.U.G." reference.
Deadpool is a very niche cartoon man. The only thing anyone in the general public know aboot him is the movie/Ryan Reynolds.

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Why is this even a topic of discussion? In hopes Stern will see this and make this thing?
Not happening folks

Thats what you said about Iron Maiden

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Thats what you said about Iron Maiden

Stay tuned!

20170504_112247 (resized).jpg20170504_112247 (resized).jpg

#98 6 years ago

Pops around the ramp entrance, nice

#99 6 years ago

Pops around the ramp entrance, nice

Thats aerosmith not a new pic.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Thats aerosmith not a new pic.

How would you know ? Were you at the factory yesterday morning? Didn't see you there?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 64.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 495 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pinball-speculation/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.