Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PinKopf
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

71OK0EO5LyL__SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    7731EACA-0C36-442A-86AD-CDA19D175AAC (resized).jpeg
    chm (resized).jpg
    20180525_075053 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1527210064565 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Glad to see this is based on the comic book & not Ryan Reynolds version. Better artwork via Zombie Yeti & the freedom to do whatever they want with callouts.

Nah, that means "Marvel approved" callouts like Aboballee Bobo & Shittybeast. The scourge of Stern pinball audio packages. Hard pass.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Would you rather photoshopped movie characters on the playfield, movie clips on a loop, and some generic Ryan Reynolds copycat voice actor spouting movie quotes?
    Or Zombie Yeti art, comic book references, chimichangas, freedom to do whatever you want on the LCD & have custom Deadpool voice actor speech breaking the 4th wall & taking to the player directly?
    The movies are great, but I'll take the latter a million times over.

Stern's been doing movie based games without Photoshop. GB, GOTG, etc.

In any case, Marvel would make them use the same fake voices with the same horrible actors whether it was movie or comic based. That's just their pattern. Xmen/Avengers/SpideyVault/GOTG voice actors = NO SALE.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I can explain this.
    Collectors of any type LOVE making lists. When games get too spendy, they find ways to be happy with other items. So they start a topic and ask "what are the hidden gems of pinball"
    Since they can't/won't pay for AAA games like MM and AFM, games like congo get brought up because they were $1500 and better value. This leads to more exposure of not as great games and starts driving the price up. Eventually they almost talk themselves into believing these are amazing games.

LOL, Congo was always awesome....people just didn't want games based on movies they thought sucked. This is why Shadow, Congo, Dracula, etc remained "cheap" for a while. As prices went up, cheap become more enticing, and then people realized "oh, wait - yeah, this theme sucks but the game is super fun!"

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

That one is genuinely mediocre.

The movie? Or the game? BSD is a phenomenal game.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

For horror movie buffs like me the movie is phenomenal also. I seriously have always loved it. Even before I got into pinball.

I'm indifferent to it, honestly...my girlfriend loves it & Gary Oldman in general, and we both love the game - so it's definitely gonna be a keeper game when I inevitably whittle down the collection.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pinball-pic?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.