Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PinKopf
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

71OK0EO5LyL__SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    7731EACA-0C36-442A-86AD-CDA19D175AAC (resized).jpeg
    chm (resized).jpg
    20180525_075053 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1527210064565 (resized).jpg

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Picture of whitewood.... looks like a Gomez design but apparently it was j t before all his recent issue's and is now being redone? Anyone else have any info? FB_IMG_1527210064565 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1527210064565 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Already been posted in a bunch of threads.

#3 5 years ago

O ok ...i figured it was somewhere but didnt c any dedicated ones.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

O ok ...i figured it was somewhere but didnt c any dedicated ones.

Thanks for sharing, don't live on Pinside, so first time seeing it...

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

I consume far too much Pinside and this is the first I'm seeing it.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

I consume far too much Pinside and this is the first I'm seeing it.

Im on here alot also and didnt see it..... which is y i figured id just start a thread

#7 5 years ago

I assume it's not real because Pinside isn't taking all the pics down? But no idea. Back panel looks a little to "avengers-ish"

#8 5 years ago

Pictures I have seen focused mostly on the art -- I've not read every Deadpool post but this is the first I've seen a "complete" table.
    I like the blade on the right, not sure about mini-Deadpool in the middle (why the blocky head? Or am I just being a blockhead?). Was hoping to see Dopinder (cab driver) in there somewhere.

I know it is a work in progress. . .

#9 5 years ago

The mini Deadpool is just a pop figure.

#10 5 years ago

The taco truck looks cool.

#11 5 years ago

Anyone have anymore info?

#12 5 years ago

No targets on the left side or can you just not see any under the habitrail? Can't tell if there are drops there or if it's a rubber on my phone

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

No targets on the left side or can you just not see any under the habitrail? Can't tell if there are drops there or if it's a rubber on my phone

Looks like drops under. I still don’t understand the right orbit.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Looks like drops under. I still don’t understand the right orbit.

Maybe just feeds into the pops?

Nice to see a new layout. I like the ramps, particularly how the "right" one is fed.

#15 5 years ago

Right orbit crosses the Playfield and then goes up the ramp on the left and circle back around to the right flipper
    Edit: not the right orbit, the shot to the left of right orbit...

20180525_075053 (resized).jpg20180525_075053 (resized).jpg

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Already been posted in a bunch of threads.

I don't read every thread so can you show me where cause this is the first I am seeing it.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

The taco truck looks cool.

Actually to be more accurate, that's a chimichanga truck. Chimichangas are to Deadpool what pizza are to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Glad to see this is based on the comic book & not Ryan Reynolds version. Better artwork via Zombie Yeti & the freedom to do whatever they want with callouts.

I'm interested for sure.

chm (resized).jpgchm (resized).jpg

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

Maybe just feeds into the pops?
    Nice to see a new layout. I like the ramps, particularly how the "right" one is fed.

Trudeau could always be counted on for unique layouts. I loved that about his games. Hopefully Keith can take up the unique layout mantle at Stern from here on out.

#19 5 years ago

Trudeau's layouts almost always blew, every now and then he would luck into a good design. He will not be missed.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Trudeau could always be counted on for unique layouts. I loved that about his games. Hopefully Keith can take up the unique layout mantle at Stern from here on out.

The Trudeau layout was "scrapped". This looks like Avengers 2.0ish. Gomez all the way.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Trudeau's layouts almost always blew, every now and then he would luck into a good design. He will not be missed.

Respectfully disagree on that one. Usually he got stuck with bad themes, I liked his designs. Not all were fantastic, but that's what happens when you take chances. Way easier to play it safe, go standard fan layout and repeat the same thing over and over game after game. I'd much rather have a non-cookie cutter game.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

This looks like Avengers 2.0sih. Gomez all the way.

Totally agree.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Right orbit crosses the Playfield and then goes up the ramp on the left and circle back around to the right flipper
    Edit: not the right orbit, the shot to the left of right orbit...

No I’m talking about far right orbit. Does it just smash into playfield rail and trickle to back of playfield. Without metal guides looks like it will be clunky. Maybe I’m missing something

#24 5 years ago

If the game is already far along I fear another GotG-like license for only the first movie, excluding Deadpool 2. As great as Deadpool 1 was, I’d like to see a game inclusive of both movies, like Iron Man.

#25 5 years ago

Is Stern making some sort of gesticulation between Marvel’s Magik and Jpop’s Magic Girl?
    I like it. 7731EACA-0C36-442A-86AD-CDA19D175AAC (resized).jpeg7731EACA-0C36-442A-86AD-CDA19D175AAC (resized).jpeg

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Respectfully disagree on that one. Usually he got stuck with bad themes, I liked his designs. Not all were fantastic, but that's what happens when you take chances. Way easier to play it safe, go standard fan layout and repeat the same thing over and over game after game. I'd much rather have a non-cookie cutter game.

He designed layouts for like 40 years. How many winners out of that. Creech and Congo i guess. Rest is trash. Before the "classic fan pattern" was made a "classic"

#27 5 years ago

Looks awfully bare and boring, I'm sure the final version will be way way better. And i hope its NOTHING like the Avengers...what a turd that was

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from taz:

If the game is already far along I fear another GotG-like license for only the first movie, excluding Deadpool 2. As great as Deadpool 1 was, I’d like to see a game inclusive of both movies, like Iron Man.

Did you even look at the playfield art? Wolverine, megalodon sharks & T-Rex? This is not based on the movies at all. That's a good thing.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

This is not based on the movies at all. That's a good thing

Your so dark, you must be a DC paid movie reviewer.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Glad to see this is based on the comic book & not Ryan Reynolds version. Better artwork via Zombie Yeti & the freedom to do whatever they want with callouts.

Nah, that means "Marvel approved" callouts like Aboballee Bobo & Shittybeast. The scourge of Stern pinball audio packages. Hard pass.

#31 5 years ago

Would you rather photoshopped movie characters on the playfield, movie clips on a loop, and some generic Ryan Reynolds copycat voice actor spouting movie quotes?

Or Zombie Yeti art, comic book references, xmen & chimichangas, freedom to do whatever you want on the LCD & have custom Deadpool voice actor speech breaking the 4th wall & talking to the player directly?

The movies are great, but I'll take the latter a million times over.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Would you rather photoshopped movie characters on the playfield, movie clips on a loop, and some generic Ryan Reynolds copycat voice actor spouting movie quotes?
    Or Zombie Yeti art, comic book references, chimichangas, freedom to do whatever you want on the LCD & have custom Deadpool voice actor speech breaking the 4th wall & taking to the player directly?

Stern's been doing movie based games without Photoshop. GB, GOTG, etc.

In any case, Marvel would make them use the same fake voices with the same horrible actors whether it was movie or comic based. That's just their pattern. Xmen/Avengers/SpideyVault/GOTG voice actors = NO SALE.

#33 5 years ago

Odd that it doesn’t have 2 sword ramps.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

He designed layouts for like 40 years. How many winners out of that. Creech and Congo i guess. Rest is trash. Before the "classic fan pattern" was made a "classic"

That’s def my view of it.

Good riddance Gary glitter.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That’s def my view of it.
    Good riddance Gary glitter.

I like Judge Dredd too. But yea....

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Or Zombie Yeti art, comic book references, chimichangas, freedom to do whatever you want on the LCD & have custom Deadpool voice actor speech breaking the 4th wall & taking to the player directly?

Quoted from Rarehero:

In any case, Marvel would make them use the same fake voices with the same horrible actors whether it was movie or comic based. That's just their pattern. Xmen/Avengers/SpideyVault/GOTG voice actors = NO SALE.

I dunno Ryan Reynolds has a lot of pull with the movie franchise the marketing has pretty much all come from him for Deadpool 2.

If Ryan knew a pin was being made off the movies I’d be surprised if he didn’t want to be involved, he f’in loves the character.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

A title marvel video games, like MvC3 and MvC Infinity don't use the actual voices from the actors. Costs too much I would imagine, or just not allowed by Disney.

I am glad JJPs Hobbit Gandalf at least sounds very close to the actor - so much so my guests asks if that is actually him doing the callouts. The rest of the in game audio is using the actual characters in the movies (another huge plus for that game given there is so much they have in it)

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Anyone have anymore info?

There is a whole thread about Deadpool pinball speculation including this photo and more. Folks reading this thread might want to check it out if you haven't:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pinball-speculation

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

not sure about mini-Deadpool in the middle (why the blocky head?

That’s one of those POP vinyl figures. Hopefully we don’t see Walmart toys inside the game again.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Funny you mention Congo as one of his only two winners. I owned a Congo when the almost unanimous opinion on here was that it was trash, now all of a sudden it's a "winner". LOL. The game hadn't changed in 15 years, but interesting how the perception changed when people got over the theme and gave a game that wasn't an "A-list" title a real chance. Maybe I'll just check back and ask the same question in another 15 years...

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Flintstones had a cool layout and mechs., but the theme killed it for me (even more so now due to current events).

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Funny you mention Congo as one of his only two winners. I owned a Congo when the almost unanimous opinion on here was that it was trash, now all of a sudden it's a "winner". LOL. The game hadn't changed in 15 years, but interesting how the perception changed when people got over the theme and gave a game that wasn't an "A-list" title a real chance. Maybe I'll just check back and ask the same question in another 15 years...

I can explain this.

Collectors of any type LOVE making lists. When games get too spendy, they find ways to be happy with other items. So they start a topic and ask "what are the hidden gems of pinball"

Since they can't/won't pay for AAA games like MM and AFM, games like congo get brought up because they were $1500 and better value. This leads to more exposure of not as great games and starts driving the price up. Eventually they almost talk themselves into believing these are amazing games.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I can explain this.
    Collectors of any type LOVE making lists. When games get too spendy, they find ways to be happy with other items. So they start a topic and ask "what are the hidden gems of pinball"
    Since they can't/won't pay for AAA games like MM and AFM, games like congo get brought up because they were $1500 and better value. This leads to more exposure of not as great games and starts driving the price up. Eventually they almost talk themselves into believing these are amazing games.

LOL, Congo was always awesome....people just didn't want games based on movies they thought sucked. This is why Shadow, Congo, Dracula, etc remained "cheap" for a while. As prices went up, cheap become more enticing, and then people realized "oh, wait - yeah, this theme sucks but the game is super fun!"

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

Flintstones had a cool layout and mechs., but the theme killed it for me (even more so now due to current events).

It has a "fun" thing of 2 agreed. Bowling game in a game is a neat idea. Ramps through arch cool idea. Gameplay is lame, maybe the ugliest WPC era game, theme of course is bad, rock mech is lame, just overall pretty piss poor. As opposed to creature which is a very simplistic narrow game but works on every level.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

That one is genuinely mediocre.

The movie? Or the game? BSD is a phenomenal game.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

The movie? Or the game? BSD is a phenomenal game.

For horror movie buffs like me the movie is phenomenal also. I seriously have always loved it. Even before I got into pinball.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

For horror movie buffs like me the movie is phenomenal also. I seriously have always loved it. Even before I got into pinball.

I'm indifferent to it, honestly...my girlfriend loves it & Gary Oldman in general, and we both love the game - so it's definitely gonna be a keeper game when I inevitably whittle down the collection.

#49 5 years ago

I think it looks pretty good for just a whitewood setup. I like the theme too.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Yep. Same here. Thanks, BigD!!

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pinball-pic?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.