1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinKopf
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

71OK0EO5LyL__SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    7731EACA-0C36-442A-86AD-CDA19D175AAC (resized).jpeg
    chm (resized).jpg
    20180525_075053 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1527210064565 (resized).jpg

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago

Sure does look like a gomez pin imo... almost like avengers part 2. Anyone know where the pic originated from or how it got leaked?

#52 1 year ago

Yep, MB ramp on the left, LOTR sword ramp on the right. Rehash just like BM66. Dude is out of ideas...

#53 1 year ago

Hmm, doesn't games designed by JT have a wider space between the flippers? That gap looks standard sized.

And all those similarities to former Gomez designs can't be a coincidence?

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

For horror movie buffs like me the movie is phenomenal also. I seriously have always loved it. Even before I got into pinball.

I have always loved the part where Winona Ryder runs down the stairs chasing after Lucy.
    Damn fine!

#55 1 year ago

One interesting thing in this layout is it looks like the left orbit utilizes the shooter lane, and there is a drop ramp flap over the shooter lane that lifts the ball back onto the sword ramp return. Don't remember ever seeing that before.

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Would you rather photoshopped movie characters on the playfield, movie clips on a loop, and some generic Ryan Reynolds copycat voice actor spouting movie quotes?
    Or Zombie Yeti art, comic book references, xmen & chimichangas, freedom to do whatever you want on the LCD & have custom Deadpool voice actor speech breaking the 4th wall & talking to the player directly?
    The movies are great, but I'll take the latter a million times over.

How about the latter but with Ryan Reynolds doing the voice acting? Because let’s face it, he was born to voice Deadpool and I don’t want to hear some third rate wannabe trying to imitate him and doing it badly. Maybe he’s a pinball fan and would love doing a game...

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aithos:

How about the latter but with Ryan Reynolds doing the voice acting? Because let’s face it, he was born to voice Deadpool and I don’t want to hear some third rate wannabe trying to imitate him and doing it badly. Maybe he’s a pinball fan and would love doing a game...

Ryan Reynolds would be awesome, but I'm certainly not getting my hopes up. However, the voice of Deadpool in the X-Men pin was pretty damn good. Assuming they do not get Reynolds, that would be the obvious choice and would be just fine.

And like others have said...there's no way this pic is Trudeau's design. That's got Gomez written all over it. Looks fun and since I like Pop's, I wouldn't even be mad if that stayed (I know...not ideal...but I wouldn't be mad ). Heck, there's even a Pop Chimichanga truck (which I wouldn't be overly surprised to see show up in the back right if they do keep the DP Pop...).

71OK0EO5LyL__SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

He designed layouts for like 40 years. How many winners out of that. Creech and Congo i guess. Rest is trash. Before the "classic fan pattern" was made a "classic"

How quickly everyone forgets his incredible Gottlieb designs like TX sector and Robo War. The dude is a fucker and in prison he will be labeled a "puffer" and get what's coming to him, but the man had a unique outlook on pin design that I appreciate.

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

How quickly everyone forgets his incredible Gottlieb designs like TX sector and Robo War.

Nope...I didn't forget.

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Nope...I didn't forget.

I love you. I just thought you should know that.

#61 1 year ago

Having the characters across the backboard reminds me of Avengers.

Also, I remember seeing Gomez with some of those stupid smooshed head dolls several years ago.

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Having the characters across the backboard reminds me of Avengers.
    Also, I remember seeing Gomez with some of those stupid smooshed head dolls several years ago.

Me too. Avengers and Lonnie. The coding on GOTG is like Avengers on steroids!

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

One interesting thing in this layout is it looks like the left orbit utilizes the shooter lane, and there is a drop ramp flap over the shooter lane that lifts the ball back onto the sword ramp return. Don't remember ever seeing that before.

Good catch ....... Yeah that thing there is certainly interesting & after looking at it more closely I am wondering if that rectangular box & feed ramp assy. is a ball lock area

2 weeks later
    #64 1 year ago

I keep hearing JT's original design was scrapped but that left ramp sure looks a lot like the one in RoboWar just angled differently.

That said I can't wait to see this pin.

#65 1 year ago

Certainly looks like a Gomez pin to me - and it looks pretty nice imo. That right inner loop to rear left ramp shot looks awesome, effectively a really long shot ball travel-wise. And the interesting left orbit that will hit a lowering ramp over the shooter lane? Cool.

Plus I see a spinner up the center-left shot, with what likes like a u-turn/inner loop return down to the lane just to the right of the left ramp, possibly. Shooting that shot in reverse looks like it would hit the spinner from the back and finally hit a a stand -up target on the back left side of the center island with the Pop DP figure on it. You can see an insert arrow pointing to where that target would be. That looks like a cool potential jackpot shot or something.

Looks like a scoop is visible under the habitrail of the left ramp, beside that back-left ramp. Possibly a drop bank there on the center island.

Also looks like possibly two physical ball locks too, which would be nice. One is clearly the sword ramp, in the handle area, but that strange lift ramp over the shooter lane looks like it might eventually be a physical ball lock of some kind too. Otherwise it's odd looking - I'll be interested to see how it works.

That frankly looks like a killer design, if it shoots well...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 120.75
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 107.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 129.00
    Lighting - Led
    LED OCD
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 149.00
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 209.99
    $ 24.50
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 179.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside